Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 6, 2010 5:46 AM

Oct 2008
And so Natsuno dies.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Nov 6, 2010 5:47 AM

Oct 2008
And so Natsuno dies.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Nov 9, 2010 4:23 AM

Aug 2009
OMFG, seriously CANNOT STAND Megumi.

atrophaneurae said:
Trie said:
But really am I the only one who thought that Natsuno and Tohru would of made a good couple? lmao

LOL I was totally thinking that BL fangirls would go crazy over them. Especially with Natsuno's complete lack of interest in Megumi.

Natsuno and Tohru do have an extremely cute and close relationship. The fujoshi in me can SEE that there is something more.
Still, Natsuno/Akira all the way for me (shota-goodness!)

Enjoyed this episode very much, it's improving lots, imo
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Nov 9, 2010 11:07 AM

Jun 2008
Scr1be said:
Orulyon said:
With all the respect to Megumi fans, but sometimes i really want her to die =_=

She's already dead ^^

Hahahaha! Yeah, been there done that.

I doubt Natsuno's father was liked that because he got beaten. He probably became like that just out of misery.

JusticeUndone said:
That appeared weird to me too.... reaaally weird. i mean WTF.. the note writes that his kid is dead and all he does is go check for his wife???? my guess though is that he was just too shocked to believe what the note wrote. i mean he got the fuckin news in a freakin NOTE...
still Natsuno's dad is one of my worst characters... he was so inconsiderate. his child being in such a bad condition as he was, he should have stayed all night up next to him! his mother as well!! their son was dying and they were sleeping?? weird people..
anyway, i slightly pittied him after what happened, but still he put his hand in all this in a way with being so hotheaded and stubborn.

Well you can't blame his mother for not staying by his side. She was already beaten as we saw in a previews episode so she wasn't in a good condition mentally or physically.
The most stupid thing is what his father did. Not just because he didn't stay by his side but simply because he had a son that was very ill in a village that looks like it has an epidemic and he didn't even took him to the doctor. I can understand his disbelief for vampires and the risen but why the hell didn't he took his son to a doctor? Does he has a problem with science too?

Megumi is wonderfully evil and sexy and the doctor is becoming a maniac. He threw the life of his wife away just like that so he can experiment on her. Maybe there is a logic behind his actions but that's really cruel.
On the other hand they didn't seem very close. She was away most of the time doing her own and he seemed happy not having her bothering him.

McRib said:
All that homolust between Natsuno and Tohru finally killed him.

That's the great power of God...he kills homosexuals.

I apologize to gay people but i had to laugh there.
Nov 9, 2010 9:00 PM

Mar 2010
Its just so mesmorizing. This anime has to going episode to episode, non stop! Looking forward to the next! (p.p)
Nov 12, 2010 3:02 PM

Apr 2010
Ahhh. . . .
I kinda cried. This was so touching.
But why can't Toru man up abit? He could have found anyone else to feed on, but dammit Natsuno, offering yourself on a plate of gold.
So far it seems like those who rise as a shiki, go after their relatives, friends first. . . Just something I noticed.

-sigh-
Natsuno's father looks like shit now. His wife without a doubt has been turned into a shiki, and as every shiki does before they die. They quit their job. I think she quit hers as a mother and a housewife.
As much as I feel bad for Natsuno's father, I feel like he deserved it for being a jerk to those two kids.

Just what will become of Akira and his sister now that their house is 'open to the shiki'.

-shudders-
Thrilling! Dammit Megumi, go die in a hole!
Nov 13, 2010 8:03 PM
Sep 2010
I was expecting Natsuno to die, but the Doctor's wife was a complete surprise to me (though she was friends witha a Shiki). This was a pretty sad episode...actually all the episodes are kind of depressing, but still, it was a pretty heart breaking episode.
Uploader53
Nov 16, 2010 5:13 AM
Nov 2010
His mom was probably hypnotised like the other cases of people who upped and left without a trace. She was probably bitten, hypnotised and is dead.

I agree, there is no reason for so much hate towards Nats' father. I certainly understand his position very well. He has not 'seen' weird things like Nats have, he did not see dead people going into the mansion like Kaori and her brother have, and he did not know anything that was under investigation by Ozaki, either. He didn't know ANYTHING, and he's a rational person to the core. He hasn't seen anything we the watchers have seen.

Well I hate Megumi. Treating her friend Kaori like that is really despicable. If a guy doesn't like you, he doesn't like you. How could you MURDER his best friend with an excuse like, "I hate this guy, he's closer to Yuuki-kun than I am." What the hell? And most of all, is there a reason to hate your friend and MURDER her dad? Megumi should have known better that Kaori isn't that type of person. She never really bothered to understand what Kaori is really like. She just lumped everyone in the village as 'rural morons'. Everything is about Yuuki-kun. She didn't even give a thought to her own family. I never liked Megumi in the first place. I was so glad she died so early, but then she resurrected. This girl needs to die a second time.

It's a little homoerotic I agree, if not for the fact that Tohru already said he had a crush on Rit-chan, I would've thought that both he and Nats were gay.
Nov 17, 2010 5:23 PM

May 2010
I liked Megumi from the first ep, but I get the feeling she'll be one of the 1st vampires to die . Natsuno's father got what he deserved.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Nov 30, 2010 12:48 PM
Jul 2008
Seishin father is really creepy.
Dec 26, 2010 9:01 AM

Aug 2008
I want Natsuno to rise up, he will look nice with those black eyes.
Well, it looks like all Natsuno's family have been bitten, his mother looked like ones and she did the sudden removal.
Jan 1, 2011 9:40 PM

Jul 2009
Ah, a lot of people died this episode ... Natsuno and Kyoko ... sad, I liked both of them T_T I wanted Tohru to run away with you too Natsuno! D; My yaoi fangirl inside me was going crazy lol XD
Anyways ... wow it sucks, everybody is becoming one of them ... >_<
Decided I don't quite like the new OP as much but the animation in it is cool especially the end part. ED is good
Wondering why the doctor was putting ice around his wife ... O_O
Jan 5, 2011 12:02 PM
Jul 2010
Freaking episode! I was expecting that somehow Natsuno wouldn't die but he did. Well, he was literally asking to be killed anyway... Now I don't think the question is if he's gonna rise up as a shiki but what he will do when that happens. I also don't think that his mother just left like that. She had clearly been bitten so she was under that hypnotic control (just like the people who quit their jobs and moved suddenly) and is now probably dead.

As for Toshio's wife... It was bad that they found her so late but then again, her case will be "useful for research" if she rises up. But will Toshio be able to experiment on is own wife? That would be damn cruel.

Megumi is a sadist. But at least she's happy. Good for her. I still hate her but in a different way as I did in the first episode. I don't find her annoying anymore, just evil. I wish she would die for good. However, I can't say I don't enjoy watching her xD
Jan 5, 2011 12:59 PM

Jan 2010
will he disect her or something?O.o

nice episode,4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 5, 2011 5:13 PM

Aug 2009
Don't care about Kyoko. Good she died. But Natsuno? I admit to shedding a couple of tears. That scene where they show his body was so sad.
After all he'd done and the measurements he'd taken ...
Jan 12, 2011 6:51 AM

Dec 2008
I'm hoping Toshio's calm reaction to his wife's death is adding to his pent up rage, which will eventually explode in a crossbow and greatsword rampage through the vampire castle around episode 20. I guess a downer ending is going to happen, but a man can dream. ;)
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams

Dec 2008
I'm hoping Toshio's calm reaction to his wife's death is adding to his pent up rage, which will eventually explode in a crossbow and greatsword rampage through the vampire castle around episode 20. I guess a downer ending is going to happen, but a man can dream. ;)
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams

Dec 2008
Mar 3, 2011 6:40 AM

Feb 2009
Fuck Natsuno,i'm all for Dock now.This sick bastard let his wife die and now preserves the body just for the opportunity to let her become a vampire and do some experiments on her.I'll cheer for him!

McRib said:
All that homolust between Natsuno and Tohru finally killed him.

QFT!

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Mar 29, 2011 8:08 PM

Jan 2008
God these characters suck. Why hasn't the doctor told everybody what's going on? He was in a bar full of his peers that clearly respect him enough to value his opinion, and probably wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the vampire theory seeing as how HALF THE FUCKING TOWN HAS EITHER DIED OR MOVED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, but no, let's just let them think this is an epidemic.

This makes no fucking sense. People are dropping like flies and two people with a good deal of power and respect in the community are doing nothing to stop it. That monk bitch with the glasses hasn't said a word. "Does my father know something about what's going on? No it can't be..." BITCH you're family and friends are dying around you! Do something you fucking idiot.

The doctor: Oh well, there goes my wife, here let me put her on ice to see if she comes back to life and I can figure out what's going on here.

:| Nigga....you were in a fight with the vampires. Surprised that shit didn't wake your mother sleeping upstairs, but you had the vampires come out in full force and straight up roll on your residential. And they spare you. At that point, does it never occur to you to maybe say, hmmm, maybe I should go to the police with this plethora of medical and physical evidence, plus eye witness testimony from two well respected members of the community, and 3 kids.

The dumbfuckery is ludicrous.

Apr 18, 2011 12:02 PM
Apr 2009
Wow, this keeps getting better. Awesome!
Apr 24, 2011 8:39 AM

Oct 2010
Seishin's father has seriously creepy eyes.

Megumi's such a sadist. On the other hand, I loved her clothes in this episode.
[insert awesome signature here]
Apr 30, 2011 2:39 AM

Aug 2008
Well, Natsuno was finally finished off. His mother left his father, so I'm sure given the usual pattern, she's dead, too. The dad is in a deep depression. Another one of the families will soon be completely wiped out. And it looks like Tatsumi or one of his "assassins" has gotten to the doctor's wife. Shiki, vampires, whatever they are, they're winning.

May 24, 2011 5:01 AM

Feb 2008
Man, everyone's just dying, huh. At this rate all the main characters will be dead in a few episodes.
Jul 9, 2011 2:37 PM

Oct 2010
what? are the shikis the villains? cause they are certainly winning.... natsuno is gone, only the priest and the doctor is left, and the doctor seems to have given up hope... :/
Aug 14, 2011 11:29 AM

Mar 2011
Hmmm...I wonder how the story is going to change now.
Dec 20, 2011 2:55 AM

Oct 2009
Is it just me or did Toshio purposely let his wife get killed so he can experiment on her
-_- :X D: Q_Q.
Wow everyone in this show are psycho's.
Didn't really expect Natsuno to die, guess he'll come back as a Shiki.
Dec 26, 2011 10:24 AM

Feb 2009
Tohru is a dick for killing Natsuno that way~!

Winners and Victims stand alone!!
Apr 6, 2012 8:22 AM

Jan 2010
I want someone cut off Megumi's head
May 7, 2012 9:58 PM

Nov 2011
Tbh, I think Megumi and Yuno from Future Diary could become best friends after watching that little scene @ the 18:30 min mark
Jun 7, 2012 5:08 PM

Dec 2009
I`m getting bored. This show is too long and nothing new happens...(((
The only good thing left is Megumi - she is one of the best gothic girls in anime ever!
Jun 7, 2012 5:11 PM

Apr 2008
What!?! It's about the story and shows how they town comes to the conclusion of what is going on.. believe me it gets crazy
Music & Anime > Everything Else
Jul 10, 2012 10:08 PM

Jun 2010
Oh, god, Ozaki deliberately let his wife die.

I didn't think they loved each other, but he's a cold-blooded man to let her die so he can have the test subject he wanted.
Aug 1, 2012 6:54 AM

Jul 2009
Yuuki already died :(

guess he'll become a Shiki obviously and stop them.

Megumi is one freaking hot Goth Chick.

love her insanity!!!

Kyouko dies!!

seriously Ozaki you didn't think they'll leave you alone after confronting them?!?!?!?!

also her boosoms are soo plump :D

hopefully they'll move the story even further now :)
Aug 31, 2012 2:30 PM
Sep 2011
i think this anime have ending that i wont like D:
i hope that they wont all die for real on end..
Sep 26, 2012 9:19 AM

Sep 2012
Yuuki-kun died...I feel sorry for his dad...lost wife and son
Oct 29, 2012 8:23 AM

May 2012
rather weak episode much was expected but either way lets see how it proceeds!
Nov 6, 2012 11:42 AM

Sep 2011
DannySEN said:
Is it just me or did Toshio purposely let his wife get killed so he can experiment on her
-_- :X D: Q_Q.
Dec 12, 2012 8:02 AM

Nov 2011
Now he just has to get lucky for his wife to come back from the dead! =D

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Feb 4, 2013 9:49 AM

Jan 2013
Ryuokoi said:
Can anybody explain me why the hell dr.house doesn't send his almost-dead patients outside the village when it's the only way to protect them from being bitten again?

No one knows
Feb 26, 2013 2:12 AM

Jan 2012
I wonder what will happen to Natsuno.

Mar 21, 2013 12:03 AM
Jan 2012
Awesome, 5/5. Glad to see Natsuno died.
Jun 29, 2013 2:41 PM

Mar 2010
gonna run dem testies
Jul 12, 2013 3:41 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Avalie said:

Well I hate Megumi. Treating her friend Kaori like that is really despicable. If a guy doesn't like you, he doesn't like you. How could you MURDER his best friend with an excuse like, "I hate this guy, he's closer to Yuuki-kun than I am." What the hell? And most of all, is there a reason to hate your friend and MURDER her dad? Megumi should have known better that Kaori isn't that type of person. She never really bothered to understand what Kaori is really like. She just lumped everyone in the village as 'rural morons'. Everything is about Yuuki-kun. She didn't even give a thought to her own family. I never liked Megumi in the first place. I was so glad she died so early, but then she resurrected. This girl needs to die a second time.

Well Megumi never thought of Kaori as a friend in the first place :/ But it's terrible nevertheless that she would kill someone just because she's jealous. Makes no sense because you personally will not get anything out of it. Megumi annoys me so much =_= And nooo Natsuno ;__; so terribly sad that when Tohru feeds on Natsuno, he cries. So much painful conflict. Also, really sucks for Natsuno's father, losing two people so quickly (kind of his fault though with Natsuno). He looked terrible when he answered the door.
Jul 29, 2013 11:07 AM

Sep 2012
Elfuun said:
Awesome, 5/5. Glad to see Natsuno died.
Jul 31, 2013 3:14 PM

Sep 2011
someone drive a stake through megumi already

we all knew natsuno was going to die but yah still its pretty shocking that the main character is dead. though he will be a shiki no doubt

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 3, 2013 9:55 PM

Oct 2011
I would have prefered Natsuno to stay alive. It would be more awesome to see him change their fate as a human rather than as a vampire. :/
And is Kyouko really dead now? Since the doctor kept her in that room, it would be a bit awkward to have a dead body lying there. And I wouldn't leave her alone for a moment during night time if I knew my wife was bitten and the Risen were going to come. Sleeping during day time, staying awake during night time to protect her.. what's so hard about that? :/

Megumi still looks pretty beautiful, I really like her looks. :P
Dec 4, 2013 12:16 AM

Mar 2012
Megumi never ceases to piss me off, don't know why Kaori thought her as her friend in the first place :( Also what the heck happened to Masao? Haven't seen the creepy guy in ages after he became a vampire.
Feb 16, 2014 2:48 PM

Aug 2013
Everything is progressing slowly but surely.

Could Natsuno really be dead? Or was it bluffing? In any way, Natsuno da have failed so much.

I guess that Kaori's gonna get a visit soon... I don't really understand Megumi relationship with her. Why did she said that she hate her while Kaori said that it was her best-friend? Something must have happened or Megumi is just a bitch.

There is surely something behind that visit from Seishin dad visit.

Next episode, Toshio will surely start his crazy experiments xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 5, 2014 9:05 PM

Jun 2013
minouneetzoe said:
Everything is progressing slowly but surely.

Could Natsuno really be dead? Or was it bluffing? In any way, Natsuno da have failed so much.

I guess that Kaori's gonna get a visit soon... I don't really understand Megumi relationship with her. Why did she said that she hate her while Kaori said that it was her best-friend? Something must have happened or Megumi is just a bitch.

There is surely something behind that visit from Seishin dad visit.

Next episode, Toshio will surely start his crazy experiments xD

Megumi's just a bitch. Lol

This show's really depressing :(
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.