Forum Settings
Forums
New
Which type of "smart" are you?
Word Smart (linguistic intelligence)
14.8%
Math Smart (numerical/reasoning/logic intelligence)
28.6%
Physically Smart (kinesthetic intelligence)
1.8%
Music Smart (musical intelligence)
6.8%
People Smart (interpersonal intelligence)
7.0%
Self Smart (intrapersonal intelligence)
23.4%
Visually Smart (Spatial intelligence)
6.8%
Other
10.7%
384 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 29, 2011 11:42 AM

Feb 2008
Word smart and people smart probably.

Anything BUT mathes smart.
Jul 29, 2011 6:03 PM

Jun 2011
If I had to choose one of them, I guess I would choose "Self Smart" mostly because I think I'm more productive when I work alone. I do have some musicality, but not to the point where I have perfect pitch or any of that other cool stuff.
Jul 29, 2011 6:15 PM

Jul 2011
<<is sexy smart cuz I'm Hawt. :D
Jul 29, 2011 7:50 PM

Apr 2009
Zmffkskem said:
Tachii said:
Were you really offended about me in an "attempt to skirt the subject"? I had a feeling this was going to be about what the meaning of intelligence is, which I purposely hoped to avoid by having you to choose, but that seemed to work rather antagonistically here. I mean, semantics is just not my cup of tea. I rather apply the term rather than define it. It just doesn't seem to be that "critical" to me. Ah well.

Anyways, if you don't seem to have a definition for intelligence, but rather want to discuss what it actually is, then I do not wish to continue further about it. I just assumed you would have a definition, however loose and unfounded you think it is, when you made a statement that brain function is not related to intelligence.

Ah well, semantics? Unfortunately, a definition of intelligence would be really required, because also to even discuss brain function's relation to intelligence, one must know what intelligence and what it refers to.

I am assuming you mean proper brain function, for a normal person. Intelligence could be vaguely suggested at through memory, through 'complexity of behaviour,' through 'tool usage,' among others. A test can be used to probe memory, and thus intelligence. However, regardless of how great one's memory is, complex behaviour or how efficient one is at using tools, (May or may not inclu. advanced computers/machinery, but doesn't really matter) I would argue that intelligence is not achieved. That is, of course, personal opinion, though I guess I should concede a little, and take such as partial intelligence.

Progress in human history has been greatly attributed to creativity and new thinking. If so, then perhaps it would be possible to judge intelligence through new thinking, creativity, ability to 'synthesise,' 'analyse,' and 'compare.' It is here that something very odd strikes me... what is 'new?' Should generation of ideas and abstractions be considered an 'intelligent' task? Unfortunately, this would require more explanation on creativity. Loosely speaking and taking creativity as ability to create, and if intelligence is judged on such grounds, I can only say that intelligence would be based on someone's 'ability' to pull things out of thin air. In a way, this consequence comes from our way thinking of creativity.

Albert Einstein is widely documented to have been fascinated by light, and thought about it all the time. Thus, he thought a lot about it, and in a stroke of genius came up with special relativity. In a way, he could be credited(and he is) with thinking about light and thus coming up with an idea. However, such an occurrence, to me, seems like a random event, and as predictable as the thermal agitations of molecules. The 'fact' that such an idea was a success, as an alternative to Lumiferous Aether, is, I shall hold the following word back no more, luck. Same goes for every minor or major breakthrough, all those that led to relativity, that of hyperbolic geometry or anything. Simply because it was related to academia, and/or that it reflected a phenomenon and that it could 'explain' and 'predict' the mechanisms, the person who came up with it is touted as intelligent.

It is undeniable that such an event shook the scientific community like no other. I would take it as being of greater importance than that of Newton's Principia, but using my most objective lens and breaking the event up into its elements, I cannot find anything but thin air and luck. There is no major causal link between it and the event, other than the fact that I would say Einstein drew a lot more lots than others. (There are also talks of the discovery being inevitable due to Poincare and whatnot, and thus someone, perhaps Poincare, would eventually strike the lottery.) He also got even luckier, being described today as one too forward for his time, noting issues with nonlocality which are still issues today.

In the end, one could equate luck with intelligence, which seems like something sound and all if you try breaking up intelligence, because such would be impossible unless you know how to break up luck into more fundamental things. The power of the brain also seems important, with Wolfgang Pauli supposedly a quick calculator and one of solid mathematical ability, and as such taken as one with great intellect and as a genius, though in general such results in slower progress as something novel is what has been driving breakthrough after breakthrough in history, and likely the future.
Honestly, if you can't explain "intelligence" in 30 words or less, it's a safe bet you don't know what it means. If you have to write a short, contrived essay, in which a solid definition clearly escapes you, then you really don't know.

The type of smarts I have is the pick up sluts at nightclubs smarts. The trick there is to be good looking, walk up to a girl, and talk to her. It's alright I guess, but I don't like to wear condoms. Instant gratification at it's finest.
Jul 29, 2011 9:37 PM

Feb 2008
i think i'm dumb, maybe just happy.

(linguistic intelligence if someone forced me at gunpoint to choose)
Jul 30, 2011 5:32 AM

Jan 2011
ReaperEXE said:
Honestly, if you can't explain "intelligence" in 30 words or less, it's a safe bet you don't know what it means. If you have to write a short, contrived essay, in which a solid definition clearly escapes you, then you really don't know.

Intelligence cannot be solidly defined, not today, nor has it ever been. In my country, there's 'gifted education,' which seems to me to be simply throwing the bulk of the syllabus down(they learn 'advanced things' earlier), which, in my opinion, shows little intelligence, both of the definer, and the ones who go through it. I used complexity of behaviour because, no kidding, it has been used as a measure of intelligent behaviour(derp derp humans vs other things, duhhhhh) by peer-reviewed articles. Memory is also used, because a lot of education is memory, and we treat the top students as smart. Creativity has been used. A lot of things have been used, and to me it plainly shows that intelligence cannot be solidly defined. Of course, you could treat an amalgam of such definitions, and broadly define it as intelligence, but in no way that's a solid definition.

ReaperEXE said:
The type of smarts I have is the pick up sluts at nightclubs smarts. The trick there is to be good looking, walk up to a girl, and talk to her. It's alright I guess, but I don't like to wear condoms. Instant gratification at it's finest.
Clearly intelligent behaviour. I mean... it spells hedonist like a pig satisfies its own greed. Oh, and I do think pigs are intelligent.

「みんながいるからだ。」 - 棗鈴
Jul 30, 2011 10:06 AM
Dec 2009
took a test from literacyworks.org , im under 'self-smart' .
Self: You have a very good sense of self. You like to spend time by yourself and think things over. You will often take in information from another person, mull it over by yourself, and come back to that person later to discuss it. You like working on projects on your own. You often prefer to learn by trial and error. Effective techniques to enhance your learning include keeping a journal and giving yourself time to reflect on new ideas and information.
Aug 6, 2011 2:54 PM

Oct 2010
I took the test, and for the top three I had:

85% Verbal/Linguistic
70% Logical/Mathemetical
65% Interpersonal

The first one was obvious. Even before taking the test I realised I'd get it. As for the second, I agree AND disagree. I disagree in that I consider myself not to be very good at Math. Put me in a class full of asians, and I'd be ranked amongst one of the worst in the class. However, I am quite logical in my arguments, so I agree in that sense. Interpersonal is similar to the former. I agree to some extent, and disagree in an other.
Aug 10, 2011 4:11 PM

Jan 2011
I'm an introvert so I'm definitely self smart.
Aug 10, 2011 4:12 PM

Jul 2008
I get many of the headaches with pictures and stuff
Aug 10, 2011 4:28 PM

Jun 2011
I don't think one must be limited to only one of these. The last time I took a Multiple Intelligences test, this was the result:

100% Naturalist
100% Musical
95% Intrapersonal
80% Verbal/Linguistic
80% Visual/Spatial
80% Logical/Mathematical
75% Bodily/Kinesthetic
45% Interpersonal

I don't consider myself particularly weak in any but one (interpersonal) of the listed categories, although I do agree with the assessment that the three with the lowest percentages are my weaker points.

I've always been very musically and artistically inclined; I've always been fairly good with language and writing; and I've always been very introverted, reflective, intuitive, and self-aware. Likewise, I've always felt a very strong connection with nature and animals. Therefore, I consider all of the top five types listed in my result "my type of smart."
Aug 10, 2011 4:43 PM

Jul 2011
celestialocean said:
I don't think one must be limited to only one of these. The last time I took a Multiple Intelligences test, this was the result:

100% Naturalist
100% Musical
95% Intrapersonal
80% Verbal/Linguistic
80% Visual/Spatial
80% Logical/Mathematical
75% Bodily/Kinesthetic
45% Interpersonal

I don't consider myself particularly weak in any but one (interpersonal) of the listed categories, although I do agree with the assessment that the three with the lowest percentages are my weaker points.

I've always been very musically and artistically inclined; I've always been fairly good with language and writing; and I've always been very introverted, reflective, intuitive, and self-aware. Likewise, I've always felt a very strong connection with nature and animals. Therefore, I consider all of the top five types listed in my result "my type of smart."

Seriously your like a robot good at everything.
Aug 10, 2011 11:40 PM
Feb 2010
Something isn't jiving here, because nearly 30% are "math smart", but I recall a thread a while back where people were giving each other shit over some division sign like 42+6/(1+2) or something like that.
Aug 10, 2011 11:45 PM

Jul 2007
'Self Smart' is that another way of saying im not good at anything.
Aug 11, 2011 1:24 AM
Dec 2008
i'm more on logical thinking and also like programming so i guess it's obvious....
Aug 11, 2011 1:54 AM

Jul 2011
I guess I'd say I'm musically smart and linguistically smart.
Aug 14, 2011 5:03 AM

Apr 2011
I'm smart at things people usually tend to miss. Self Intelligence, I'd say. And somewhat cunning (if I want to be).
Aug 15, 2011 2:56 PM
Jan 2008
The last thing I will post on this forum:
I learned something. You, sometimes, can be pretty wrong about yourself.
And your father can be tall and you short, but you can be GIFTED and your father's not (based on my first post on this topic).
Farewell.
uncivilized_oneAug 15, 2011 4:59 PM
Aug 15, 2011 2:59 PM

Aug 2011
Math smart
i always try to convert everything i see to mathematics language
Aug 17, 2011 1:57 AM

Jun 2011
Clearly a thread for stroking ones ego. I am typically all-rounded and hold intelligence probably more akin to a hybrid of linguistic and intrapersonal; not to blow ones horn too much.

Aug 17, 2011 4:11 AM

Jan 2010
To be honest...I really don't know.
I really don't know that much about myself at all.
With how my school work was last year, I don't even know if I'm smart at all anymore. Unless I'm just lazy.
Holy shit...I've got absolutely no confidence in myself. I learned something about myself just now...Confidence restored.

*continues delirious, sleep-deprived rambling*

Seriously, though, I read the types of intelligences (is that even a word?) and I really couldn't find any traits I could relate to myself in any way. Its seriously disappointing me -_- ...
The fact that I don't know anything about myself that is...

Oh, I voted "Other", by the way.
cuteguybuttAug 17, 2011 4:18 AM
Aug 17, 2011 4:16 AM

Aug 2011
I'm not sure I'm any kind of smart, but I chose self-smart.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.