Mar 22, 2011 10:23 AM

Aug 2009
Mar 22, 2011 1:06 PM

Oct 2009
I won't ever be one,
So i don't fear it.
Mar 22, 2011 4:00 PM

Feb 2010
im going to graduate school soon and i have no idea what i want to become or work as a profession/Occupation

but other than that NOPE aint afraid just the "job" part is scary >:
Mar 23, 2011 7:43 AM

Jun 2009
Going to school, not having to worry about anything was just awesome.

After that I wasted a year doing nothing and now I'm a trainee/apprentice (whatever the correct english term is) for a job I hate. Every day I want to quit but I can't since I somehow have to earn money and stuff. But I have no idea just what exactly I want to do in the future, there is no job I'd consider fun doing.

So yeah, growing up sucks.
Mar 23, 2011 8:02 AM

Feb 2010
I'm not scared I just don't wanna adult body. Not very good for cosplay :(
Mar 23, 2011 11:55 AM

Jan 2010
Not really. I don't care.
Mar 23, 2011 6:01 PM

Jan 2010
Y'know, there's really not such an obvious transition from being a 'child' to becoming an adult. I'm now 17, and I've come to the realisation that life has become a lot more srs business. At this age, the things you do and the choices you make start to have a solid, realistic impact on your future. It's pretty lame, but like I said, the transition doesn't come all at once. I was left wondering, not so long ago 'When did my childhood end'? The sad thing is, you probably don't realise what it really means to be a kid you're past that stage of your life. I totally understand how becoming an adult can be scary, but you have to reach that point in your life some time.

Honestly, I should be pretty worried. And I'd be lying if I said I was entirely confident about my life in the future. I don't really know where I'm going. The bottom line though, is that it's not really something to panic about. You don't become an adult overnight. Education provides an obvious route into adulthood and future success, you just gotta stick with it and take it on a bit at a time, even if you don't see a clear path ahead of you.

TL;DR: It's daunting, no doubt. But in the long run... s'all good. (Almost) everyone finds their way... eventually.
ChurkirbyMar 23, 2011 6:09 PM
Mar 24, 2011 1:11 AM

Apr 2008
I used to be afraid but not now.

Just because your body matures doesn't mean that you have to act mature as well. I love to watch anime, play video games, surf the web, etc. 20 years down the road I'll still be doing the same thing, I would bet money on it. You can always be a kid at heart if you choose to. Don't ever let anyone tell you differently.
MischiefMaverickMar 24, 2011 1:14 AM

Mar 24, 2011 3:42 PM

Dec 2010
No.
Mar 25, 2011 8:22 AM

Jun 2009
The responsibility scares me a little but the feeling of actually earning your own money to buy stuff is more compelling :D

Thank you to Cyruz-chama for patiently helping me with my siggy ;)

Mar 26, 2011 2:05 AM

Aug 2010
hmmm. im 24, all I can say is when I was 14 or 15 I couldn't wait till my 20's...I found out I drank a whole lot more b4 I turned 21 then after. Life gets hard, if your the least bit sociable, H.s. can be great to get laid and party! I hated school always, but to tell you the truth the first couple years out I missed H.s. it was a social setting. You can srsly become a recluse, especially us otaku kids. I am managing tho, I am a lazy stoner otaku,, im looking for a job but. Im basically a NEET. I do go out and stuff tho. tl;dr-enjoy yourself always every year of your life has it's up's and down's....
Mar 26, 2011 2:18 AM

Mar 2011
Unfortunatly Im 20 which means Im already an adult. I wish I could go back to high school :(
Mar 26, 2011 10:54 AM

Mar 2011
I'm 18 and fortunate to still be living with my dad and barely paying anything. i go to school and have a part time job...

I'm gonna be screwed when i have to move out and take care of a family. Idk anything about raising kids or bills, buying houses/apartments, etc.

It feels like your childhood dreams become just memories when you become an adult. remember when everyone was like "I Wanna be a ____ when I grow up!" and then....it never came. I don't want that to happen to me. I wanna live life having fun with next to no worries.

like THAT'S gonna happen XD
Mar 26, 2011 10:34 PM

Sep 2010
It's normal when you're younger to worry about being older. I had the same problem. With me, I would look at adults and think "God, they don't look like they have any real fun at all, they just work and live day to day. Plus, their ideas of fun are so mundane." I thought that was what would be in store for me and I hated it. Then as I got older I realized that it's not the same because even though you mature more over time, you still stay the same person you are, your general interests stay the same and most of the people around you will tend to be the same way too. Few people realize that they're going to grow up into their own generation with their own personalities and interests, and not the adult's they saw before them. For some people, leaving home and working or going to school seems really intimidating. You might be able to say that you had a similar feeling when you first tried to ride a bike, or swim, started elementary school, or transitioned to middle and high school. You have a certain level of doubt that you won't be able to succeed. But once you get started, you realize it's not as bad as you imaged. It's no different than working full time or living on your own. It's simply taking another step. Hell, I'm 24 and I still sometimes wonder if my life is going to suck when I'm an old man in his sixties (assuming I live that long =P), haha. But even though I'm currently back home with family for now, I lived away from home from when I was 18-23 and while on some occasions it was challenging, it never stopped being fun and you really understand yourself better when you branch out on your own and gain a deep sense of pride at what you accomplish during that time. And even though I had to work full time (still do, actually) and/or are a full time student you find that you still have plenty of time to have fun.
So while I understand that not everyone can relate to this I also think quite a few people can, so if you do; FEAR NOT! You'll be just fucking fine, so relax a little and enjoy everything while the adults are still paying for it, for you! XD
Mar 27, 2011 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
No, I'm a young adult now and it's not so bad. Then again, it probably gets worse later.
Mar 27, 2011 4:26 PM

Dec 2010
Just turned 18 on the 11th this month. Nothing is exactly different. Yet.... Im mostly worried about leaving highschool though, thats for sure. Got my health card thing, asking if I wanted to donate organs upon my death.. Little weird to think about.
Mar 31, 2011 5:36 PM

Mar 2011
No, i am not really scared. hehe. Now, i am turn 20. I'm just afraid to lose my friends. When, i left my old school, i would cry, because i had to left my friends. I was really miss them.
I always think about that because I am not sure that people that i have met have a second chance to meet me again. I hope it won't happen again with all my friends in university,especially my closest friend.
Mar 31, 2011 5:44 PM
May 2010
I guess it did worry me at one time, to lose all those carefree times I had as a kid. Of course, as a kid, like any kid, I once thought becoming an adult was better, too. Naturally, when the transition finally came, it's a world of pain.

I think the real feeling wasn't really fear than it was annoyance. I'm more bugged, actually, by aspects of adulthood than be 'scared' by it. That's why I'm such a big child. xD
Apr 1, 2011 7:46 AM
Mar 2011
Well, being only 13, I suppose I can give a fairly honest answer. Nope, not scared. Hopefully by the time I am an adult I will have matured enough to be on my own... I wonder if i will be mature enough...
My Future is blurred by smoke and ash,
My Past is marred by a gaping slash,
Yet somehow my Present is airy, carefree;
For I am holding your hand as you walk with me.
Apr 1, 2011 8:40 AM

Jun 2010
i'm going to be honest if paying bill's is apart of being an adult it fucking blows.
Riveting is rosy, pockets full of posies, given to the mother of the deceased. Awaken at war, 'til I'm restin' in peace
Apr 1, 2011 9:11 AM
May 2010
iubkram said:
i'm going to be honest if paying bill's is apart of being an adult it fucking blows.

Along with getting a job. Ugh. Being an adult blows in all proportions.
Apr 2, 2011 6:19 PM

Oct 2007
eh somewhat, getting to the end of college

iubkram said:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2011 9:00 PM

Aug 2010
I'm more afraid now then I was like 6 months ago or so when I wrote on this. Sometimes, I just wish life was easy.
Apr 3, 2011 12:16 AM
Apr 8, 2011 10:15 AM

Apr 2011
Um, not really? I'm excited for the most part because I want my freedom away from my parents XD To live on my own and be even more independent than I am now :B
Apr 12, 2011 8:50 PM

Jan 2009
For me, life after high school has been a lot easier. College has been more or less a breeze. But, now that I'm graduating in a month, I feel like I'm becoming a "real" adult so I'm kinda nervous. Though I'm more worried about being a student teacher in September, I hear you have no life, which will be an eye opener for me since I'm used to having constant free time.... Also, after 4 years of dorming, I don't know how living at home full time is going to feel like, I'm not too excited for that...
May 29, 2021 6:57 PM

Jun 2020
I'm a bit scared of becoming an annoying, impatient old man that is hated by everyone
May 29, 2021 7:03 PM

Jul 2020
No
May 29, 2021 7:10 PM

Jan 2020
jeez. It's insane how everyone who replied to this when it was originally posted is an adult . It feels weird to read these comments

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Fight the above user with the last letter! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SnipeStrike - Apr 1

714 by Rizz_Khalifa »»
11 seconds ago

» A - Z Pokémon ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sunsetocean - Jul 25, 2021

8499 by Gun »»
16 seconds ago

» Reat to the above user with a Kaomoji

tsukareru - 45 minutes ago

14 by mokkocchi »»
21 seconds ago

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v21 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 27

4956 by Rizz_Khalifa »»
39 seconds ago

» Harshly judge the user above you based on their Last List Updates v.12 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Apr 9, 2023

7457 by Seijatachiiii »»
2 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.