Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2010 1:37 PM

Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Moar introductions, progressing pretty smoothly. The use of stock footage was somewhat noticeable in this episode.

Sticks fairly close to the game, up till the end... Which is awesome ;)
slaxOct 22, 2010 1:47 PM
Oct 23, 2010 3:02 PM

Aug 2009
in the preview
why is Tsugumi's hair Purple ???
and since she appeared means we'll see Ibis ^_^
Oct 23, 2010 5:16 PM

Aug 2009
Game_Master said:
in the preview
why is Tsugumi's hair Purple ???
and since she appeared means we'll see Ibis ^_^

Oh man...this week will go by so slowly now.
Burkeism - Our president is more truculent than yours.
Oct 24, 2010 9:36 AM

Feb 2010
There's some bits that even the dialogues are taken from the game, but the ending part was totally different, Seolla already piloting the Wild Falken and Thrudgelmir already O.O everything is happening so fast, but I think it's the right way to do it, since the story would need more than 26 episodes to be as detailed as the game's, I'm liking it so far.
Oh, seems like we'll se Ibis on next episode, looking forward to it.^^
Oct 24, 2010 3:23 PM

Aug 2009
Definitely a bit quick paced. I fear the greatest issue for "new fans" would be the bucket load of characters to learn and suffer the same problem Nadesico did (where people didn't recognize who the characters were by name).

The show is getting better though. If they could just not use as much unneeded fan service, I think it'd be a solid show.
Oct 25, 2010 2:53 AM
Jan 2009
Animation is also better than the past two episodes.

And next episode Irm is back !
Oct 25, 2010 2:56 AM

Feb 2010
don't played the game but still like this show so far
Oct 25, 2010 7:43 AM

Feb 2009
kirant said:

The show is getting better though. If they could just not use as much unneeded fan service, I think it'd be a solid show.

I don't think this has an unnecessary amount of fanservice.
My current anime list is grossly, out of date, just so you know.

skullhunterj said:
if u expect me to put on my working writing skill on forums like this...think again, Grammer Nazi!!!

I hate people.
Oct 25, 2010 8:45 PM

Aug 2009
gainaxfanboy said:
kirant said:

I don't think this has an unnecessary amount of fanservice.

It's a preference. I think so though. Every episode seems to have excessive shots from behind a female at crotch level, more than enough stock footage of Excellen "bouncing", and randomly thrown in scenes that have no point other than fan service (IE Excellen's bathrobe scene from previous episode).

I'm not big on new anime though (Most of my favourites are from 1995-2000). Are most new shows just like that?
Oct 26, 2010 12:53 AM

Sep 2009
kirant said:
I'm not big on new anime though (Most of my favourites are from 1995-2000). Are most new shows just like that?

I wouldn't blame new shows, but I would certainly blame Obari. Gravion is infamous for its Gainaxing.

I mean Divine Wars hardly had any fanservice at all. Excellen DID wear a bunny suit in that one episode, but for christ's sake, she was walking around in the nude in the last episode, that's a bit of overkill, Obari.

But having said THAT, DW was made before Endless Frontier, and that was pretty much one continuous boob joke. And it was EPIC because of it.

All said and done, IMO the worst offender is still Gunbuster's bath scene. This is nothing in comparison, and that was the 80's
Oct 26, 2010 11:53 AM

Aug 2009
yo I haven't started this series yet but I'm wondering do I need to watch the prequels and such first or does it even matter?
Oct 26, 2010 12:44 PM

Feb 2009
SoFarGone said:
yo I haven't started this series yet but I'm wondering do I need to watch the prequels and such first or does it even matter?

It's just robot battles, it shouldn't matter, unless you're really concerned about the plot.
My current anime list is grossly, out of date, just so you know.

skullhunterj said:
if u expect me to put on my working writing skill on forums like this...think again, Grammer Nazi!!!

I hate people.
Oct 26, 2010 1:35 PM

Sep 2009
SoFarGone said:

Judging by everyone else's reactions, you'll probably be confused on account of not knowing who the characters are. In terms of actual plot, the prequel does get recapped when necessary, but mainly, its the characters.
Oct 26, 2010 2:04 PM
Jun 2010
they cut Ryusei's reaction at Angeleg, i'm dissapoint, on the other hand it was an awesome episode, glad they are using the Wildraubtier since it's one of my favorite mechas
Oct 26, 2010 4:55 PM

Aug 2009
heero_fred said:
they cut Ryusei's reaction at Angeleg, i'm dissapoint, on the other hand it was an awesome episode, glad they are using the Wildraubtier since it's one of my favorite mechas

I'm interested if they'll feed us more mecha-styled fan service. One of the maneuvers (spelling?) shown used by Latooni was directly lifted from Divine Wars.

slax said:
But having said THAT, DW was made before Endless Frontier, and that was pretty much one continuous boob joke. And it was EPIC because of it.

I think I mentioned in a late episode 3 that I realize that the rules of style have probably changed for SRW since Endless Frontier. I just don't like the prospect of this end of SRW to a show half dominated by boob jokes and half by mecha (though, that makes half the show pretty interesting). It's not that I don't mind the occasional joke thrown in (god knows I have enough fun laughing at Excellen's quotes with Revolver Stakes), but the show has come off so far as a supersaturation and seems to ignore more interesting scenes (IE Ryusei seeing the AngelG and going nuts) in favour of it. If they could animate Ingram's visit with a health drink...why not that?

Maybe what I said is an oversimplification. I don't mind vast quantities of boobs jokes as an extreme parody (See - Godannar, an entire series of parody).

But, yeah, Gunbuster broke the limits as well. I didn't say it didn't exist before. I was just legitimately curious if this extreme exists more frequently today.
Oct 30, 2010 6:18 PM

Dec 2007
Simple answer:

Yes
Nov 30, 2010 10:49 PM

Sep 2009
I wish they would tune down the fan-service a LITTLE bit.

It's nothing compared to some other series...
If it was more Excellen focused I wouldn't mind. She is the type of character for that stuff.

But Seolla...psssh. Unnecessary cleavage shots.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 3 Discussion

garfield15 - Oct 17, 2010

31 by zurgboy00 »»
Aug 4, 2017 10:14 AM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 26 Discussion

slax - Apr 1, 2011

19 by Zankantou »»
Oct 20, 2016 9:32 PM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 9 Discussion

slax - Nov 26, 2010

17 by LoongFeels »»
Apr 8, 2014 12:03 AM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 8 Discussion

slax - Nov 19, 2010

23 by LoongFeels »»
Apr 7, 2014 8:28 AM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 7 Discussion

slax - Nov 12, 2010

11 by LoongFeels »»
Apr 7, 2014 7:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.