Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 14, 2011 1:52 PM

Mar 2011
Finally, the nobles have been defeated and the Prince and Flegel are dead. I really disliked those two.

Now perhaps there will be more interesting enemies ahead.
Oct 23, 2011 4:27 AM

Aug 2010
That was fucking epic
Oct 26, 2011 1:30 PM

Apr 2009
Can't believe Oberstein's got enough influence now to sheme behind Reinhards back... he really needs Kircheis beside him more...
Dec 14, 2011 11:25 PM

Sep 2009
Oberstien....just what are you up to.
Dec 15, 2011 12:48 AM
Jan 2009
I do think Obestiein has ulterior motives. Will just have to wait and see.
Apr 16, 2012 12:18 PM

Feb 2012
I feel bad for Merkatz; had he been born 25 years later he probably would've ended up in Reinhard's staff of brilliant commanders instead of being coerced by Braunschweig to defend the dying remains of the Goldenbaum Dynasty.

Oberstein has been pushing Reinhard harder and harder as the series has progressed, but I think he may have pushed a little too hard in this episode. Then again, Oberstein is such a calculating person that I have to imagine he knows what he's doing -- hell, he even told Reinhard that the Goldenbaum Dynasty had to fall all the way back in episode 8.
May 26, 2012 9:01 PM

Jun 2009
Great episode. I really like Mittermeyer and Reuental's dialogue at the end. Many a moral conundrum in this episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 24, 2012 6:34 AM
Jul 2018
Reinhard needs Kircheis now more than ever, he's giving too much control to Oberstein and I don't like how Reinhard's being influenced so easily by Oberstein. Hopefully, Sieg will talk some sense into Reinhard the next time they meet.
Mar 31, 2013 9:22 AM

Jul 2012
The animation is so much better this episode, glad they improved it!
Jul 25, 2013 8:54 PM

Jun 2013
LMAO at that Braunschweig. He finally shows his true colors as a coward when facing death. The men grab his ass LOL People like Braunschweig don't cry until they see their own coffin. I'M ENJOYING THIS SO MUCH even if the nobles are idiots.
Sep 13, 2013 12:32 PM

Nov 2009
I'm starting to get the feeling that Reinhard will be a tragic hero, that will eventually be killed by Sieg in the end ... Anyways Oskar has an awesome voice actor.
Dec 4, 2013 6:40 PM

Feb 2013
Oberstein is evil... not that I didn't know that already... Reinhard really needs Seig around to keep him on the right path... that he even considered sacrificing 2 million people for political gain... if he keeps it up, Seig will end up an enemy.
Jan 8, 2014 9:59 AM

Jan 2012
FUCKIN OBERSTEIN
the gall of this dude
i was so disappointed in reinstach for not punishing oberstein for such treasonous defiance. yet despite being infuriating and inhumane, it was politically the best move. guess thats what this series does

the vice admiral with two different eye colors is my favourite outta the commander lot! along with seig of course
Feb 13, 2014 10:55 PM

Sep 2008
Oberstein is ruthless. :O However you can't deny that boardcasting your enemy nuking 2 million people has nice boost to your political campaign...

I wonder why Braunschweig was hauled to infirmary. Wouldn't morgue be better place?
May 24, 2014 12:08 PM

Feb 2013
Wow Braunschweig and Flegel were dumb. That poison worked damn quick though.

Oberstein is a dick, but he was right in the end since his plan worked perfectly

Looking forward to seeing what Merkatz can do for the FPA
Jun 30, 2014 12:09 AM

Apr 2012
Yup looks like this might cause a permanent wedge in Reinhard's and Siegfried's relationship. Nice people don't live for very long........ Ominous foreshadowing for Siegfried somewhere down the line.

Sep 25, 2014 8:52 PM

Dec 2013
I don't like where this anime is going :((. Don't get me wrong it's a great anime however the cruel realities are efficiently portrayed. I don't like Oberstein's plan, even though is extremely effective, and I am disappointed that Reinhard did not stop it. I don't like the relationship Reinhard and Siegfried is developing (I can see them becoming enemies), I can only see a dark future. Hopefully Reinhard doesn't become a tragic hero :((( But I predict he will and Julian will be the one that takes him down (hence the last scene in the ED song).

Admiral Merkatz will definitely be a big threat to Reinhard in the future too :(

"sigh" What a dark future for Reinhard even though im rooting for him...
I have a feeling that Reinhard will start becoming the "evil" side whereas Yang WenLi will be the "good" side. However I'm still rooting for you Reinhard!!
Oct 30, 2014 7:02 PM

Mar 2012
As much as Oberstein pissed me off this episode I really like his role in this series. He's the little devil on one of Reinhard's shoulder while Sieg is the little angel on his other shoulder.
Feb 7, 2015 8:02 PM

Aug 2014
What a great ending to this arc. It seems everything will be good for Reindhard now that he as destroyed the noble opposition. I can't wait to see how he will organize the new country and what kind of government he will install. I hope Siegfried gets a high up place in it. Now its just a battle between Yang Wenli and Reindhard Lohengramm von Musel!
Also, when the nuclear bomb first went off and I saw that those people were about to die iw as just like "OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT!" because it was really shocking to me because the explosion came out of nowhere and it killed those cool people that liked Reindhard. Also, its kind of a plot hole that the nobles didn't just use the nukes on Reindhard, that would have given them an easy victory. Maybe it would be harder to hit them because they are in space so they could dodge it as opposed to being stuck in a given area of land. Whatever, this arc was still anything but bad!
Feb 9, 2015 4:44 AM

May 2012
Epic episode! Especially that ending, really love the current development so let's see what's next.
May 15, 2015 1:54 AM

Aug 2014
I feel conflicted. I really hate Oberstein for his actions yet they seem so logical. I really hope shit hits the fan between the the trio of him, Reinhard and Kircheis when my favorite red head returns.

Old man Merkatz is actually going to flee to the alliance and hopefully join Yang! At first I wanted him to serve Reinhard but this is even better!
May 18, 2015 9:45 PM

Jan 2013
The 13 day war sounds intriguing, I'd like to hear more about it.
Great episode, a lot happened.
May 26, 2015 2:40 AM
Nov 2014
I find it hard to hate Oberstein because it does makes sense but at the same it just felt so wrong. Anyway, glad to see this arc is finally over and now let's see what is gonna happen to Reinhard's rebellion plan.
Jun 23, 2015 7:36 AM

Dec 2013
Fuck Oberstein! RIP Nobes and the goldenbraum dynasty. I wonder what will happen with the empire now.

Cool to see that Merkatz will live to fight another day :)
Aug 13, 2015 5:23 AM

Jan 2014
I'm glad Merkatz didn't take his life.
Oberstein's death was very certain.
A noble death for a noble man. lol
Jan 18, 2016 9:13 PM

Dec 2012
It's been swell, but I really only came this far so I could drop it and make my 1/10 count. Good bye.

Now that would be insane. Almost as insane as nuking civilians. That helped to reinforce the desire to see the nobles get ousted once and for all. It also raised attention to a difference of opinions between Reinhard and Oberstein. Somehow I get the feeling Oberstein will become Reinhard's shadow army and do more harm than good for his reign.

Ah but those nobles all got their just desserts. Stupid nephew with stupid hairdo, glad he got gunned down by his own men. Wasn't even given the luxury of "dying honorably." I got a good chuckle when they held that pig Braunschweig down and forced the wine down his throat. "You're the head of a distinguished family, die a manly death!" I'm glad Fahrenheit didn't have to die for those bozos and it would be interesting if Merkatz really does join the Alliance.
Mar 9, 2016 11:30 PM

Sep 2013
Rip 2 million, people aren't going to forget those rumours.
Apr 29, 2016 4:02 PM

Jun 2010
I could have asked this a few episodes ago, but what's this talk about the end of the Goldenbaums? Last I recall Reinhard was supporting some five-year old boy as the new emperor who surely would be a Goldenbaum. Obviously the child wouldn't actually rule for years, if ever, and Reinhard would gain a lot of power which is what the civil war was about. Why are people outright talking about him being emperor?
Apr 29, 2016 6:33 PM

Jun 2013
Fronzel said:
I could have asked this a few episodes ago, but what's this talk about the end of the Goldenbaums? Last I recall Reinhard was supporting some five-year old boy as the new emperor who surely would be a Goldenbaum. Obviously the child wouldn't actually rule for years, if ever, and Reinhard would gain a lot of power which is what the civil war was about. Why are people outright talking about him being emperor?

The Fall of Goldenbaum is meant to be taken in the figurative sense, if one equates Goldenbaum with the old establishment that was shaped by the nobility. Most, if not all people who served under Reinhard could recognise the new order he was trying to build and would have known that the child emperor Erwin Josef II is merely a figurehead to preserve the shadow, but not the substance of the Goldenbaum Dynasty. So it is not surprising for them to comment as if the dynasty had already fallen.
Jun 8, 2016 1:36 PM

Aug 2014
Reinhard is way too lenient with Oberstein. If the guy betrayed you once, he sure as hell will do it again smh.

I was expecting Merkatz to die in this episode but I'm glad he gets to live to fight for another day, possibly with the Free Planets Alliance at that.

Good fucking riddance to both Braunschweig and Flegel.
Oct 20, 2016 5:48 AM

Aug 2014
Its not that I'm a fan of Oberstein, but he do not deserve this hate, in fact it makes the anime more realistic and interesting, I like Anti-Hero better.
Great Episode.

Avenger-senpai said:
As much as Oberstein pissed me off this episode I really like his role in this series. He's the little devil on one of Reinhard's shoulder while Sieg is the little angel on his other shoulder.

Well said, the way you put this angel devil shoulder stuff is perfect. I agree.
Nov 27, 2016 7:57 PM
Oct 2015
Good episode, ironically Reinhard acted more like the upper echelon he hated in this episode. As they say die the hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. ~~
Jan 4, 2018 8:45 AM
Nov 2014
I wasn't that fond of Oberstein before this episode, but now I'm definitely hoping that he gets sidelined at the very least. I'm also hoping Kircheis doesn't let this slide. What I do like though is the prospect of Merkatz joining Team Yang and bolstering their power.
Jan 17, 2018 4:04 AM

May 2016
The animation of Reinhard has changed his eyes and his hair in only some scenes that was the first time I disliked something about this anime.

Ansbach killed his own master by poison I would have preferred if Reinhard would
give him a pitiful death but yeah what ever.

I loved the fact that Merkatz didn't die he is a great admiral he was forced to join
that bastard's Coup d'état by threatening his daughter, now another great man will
join Yang Wenli that would be superb.
Sep 18, 2018 11:16 PM

Feb 2017
Merkatz joining up with Yang will be super interesting.
Nov 28, 2018 4:52 PM

Jan 2013
I honestly don't know how to feel about not hating Oberstein. In fact, I kinda like him and his ways. Sacrificing 2 million people is wrong still... but damn his idea was genius.

I hope this won't affect Siegfried's friendship with Lohengramm at all.
Feb 28, 2019 2:30 PM

Aug 2017
Wow. I think it's my favourite episode of the series so far, I was really excited during the watch, there were so many memorable and dramatic moments. Witnessing the inevitable demise of the aristocrats was surely a pleasure, with even people from their camp realising how monstrous their deeds were. Every "betrayal" scene (like with Flegel and Braunschweig) had so much power and drama to it... Both of them practically went insane and were ultimately killed by their subordinates, for whatever reason. I certainly like that there doesn't seem to be some group of antagonists set in stone for the rest of the show, and I hope we'll see a lot of new interesting ones.

And of course this episode has a lot of progression regarding Reinhard&Kircheis relationship, even though they didn't even meet in person. Their characters and the means they see as justifiable are clearly different, you could trace it even since their childhood (recall the scene when Reinhard was beating a dude up with a stone until being stopped by Sieg). I also remember Annerose telling Sieg to keep Reinhard from stepping away from his path, I guess it's time to do this now! Just what are Reinhard's goals now? Annerose is saved, the arrogant nobility that didn't give a damn about the people is destroyed. What else do you need? Oberstein surely makes him more utilitarian than Reinhard should allow himself to be. I think the effect of showing aristocrats as bloodthirsty monsters could be achieved as well by just stopping the nuclear strike, lol. The mere intention of the nobility to commit such a strike says pretty much everything about them, right? I'm starting to wonder whether Oberstein plans to use Reinhard to clean up the nobility and than turn against him... It's very interesting to study this character's motivations, a lot can be speculated here.

P.S. I noticed that in the OP Reinhard's and Kircheis's images kinda slide away from each other (before uniting again in the end), maybe it's some clever foreshadowing, idk. So many speculations going through my mind now, just wow.

P.P.S. This episode didn't even have an OP. Suspicious.
St0rmbladeFeb 28, 2019 2:35 PM
May 30, 2019 12:03 AM
Jul 2018
I chuckled when the bad guy died lmao. Serves you right! SCHAMAMMIROCH!
Oct 28, 2019 8:19 AM

Oct 2012
It looks like Paul is using Reinhard more than Reinhard is using Paul

So some are defecting to the Rebels or Freedom Fighters
It'll be interesting when they see each other again someday
"Signature removed"
Dec 26, 2019 7:12 AM

Nov 2016
The portrayal of the wavering Reinhard was definitely done better in this version. He put in more thought and better arguments compared to the remake.

But the death of Braunschweig on the other hand was handled better in the new version.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 12, 2020 1:33 PM
Dec 2015
Such a dramatic episode, so much happened. I feel bad for Reinhard, he will have to live with those 2 million deaths for the rest of his life. Those deaths are unlike the other deaths that occurred during the war. The fault does lie with him, but it was somewhat out of his control. For all we know, when he went back to the control room he would have asked to help those people. Also, I'm glad Mercatz is going to live for another battle. He was too wise to just die like that. I think he will be a great addition to the Free Planets Alliance. I really hope that Kirchies can come to understand what happened.

Jan 28, 2021 3:22 AM

Jul 2016
eski514 said:
Merkatz joining up with Yang will be super interesting.

Yep. Am interested to see how much this comes back to bite lohengram
Feb 1, 2021 2:19 AM

Oct 2016
Episodes 18 to this one have many ups and downs, the conflict in the Alliance was very good to the most part but the war against the nobles was the lowest point of the first season, they were too stupid, the battles too one-sided and at times cheesy, even ridiculous, at least it ended with a BANG, this one episode was simply awesome and one can't help but love to hate that motherfucking Oberstein.
Feb 20, 2021 6:45 AM
Jan 2021
Aight, imma say it.
Oberstein did nothing wrong.
Apr 5, 2021 6:26 AM
May 2020
as they say "out with the old and in with the new"
May 4, 2021 4:23 PM

Feb 2012
2021 Rewatch

Braunschweig really went for it and nuked Westerland. Ansbach would be correct that Reinhard would have to execute Braunschweig in order to maintain power. Not to mention Flegel's pathetic "long live the empire"

Oberstein stained his hands for Reinhard's future....or did he stain Reinhard's hands (as a rumor reached Kircheis)

Merkatz plans to defect to the Alliance..

Oberstein and Reinhard's discussion on not preventing the nuclear annihilation of Westerland and Machiavellianism, absolutely brillaint.
Fortress_MaximusMay 8, 2021 8:05 AM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 15, 2021 6:23 AM

Jun 2020
nobles always bad lool
Dec 18, 2021 9:26 AM
Nov 2020
To me, there is no one more loyal than oberstein.
Apr 6, 2022 7:07 PM

Dec 2007
i don't know what scene is better, the one in this episode of reinhard and oberstain confront, or the future kircheis and reinhard confront. that's gonna be intense.
i seriously though thinking oberstain didn't started being so shady from now, we saw it already couple episodes ago with that vikingy guy lol.

marketz is good man, hope we will see him again.

i'm glad my wish about flekel being shot came true.

but the last scene when anstach poison bonsuich was so funny.
"i'm gonna die honourably"
"yes, we already prepared that"
xDD

but most of all, it's seemed reinhard only made tons of enemies only in this battle, some went to phezzan, with that palpatin grand bishop thingy. and the FPA, that's currently have their own issues and from where i see it yang gonna be next ruler of the FPA without a doubt.
hope next episodes gonna be FPA, these last few episodes made me realize that reinhard vs nobles isn't that exciting, only in term of the politic issues. in FPA there's serious tragedy.
Apr 29, 2022 7:30 AM

Jan 2018
Wait wtf did merkatz decide to join the Alliance? He didn't seem to hate Reinhard did he?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.