Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 29, 2014 11:16 PM

Apr 2012
:( Jessica RIP

Aug 16, 2014 8:49 AM

Jun 2012
It sucks that Jessica got killed off like that...I imagined she'd stick around for quite a long time so that was unexpected. The stadium scene on a whole though was really great.
Sep 25, 2014 7:18 PM

Dec 2013
wow. I really did not see that coming....I actually want to crush the rebel forces now...But poor Greenhill...he specifically told the dickhead to deal with it peacefully -.-. Hopefully Yang understands that it was not entirely Greenhill's fault behind Jessica's death...
Oct 30, 2014 6:05 PM

Mar 2012
Well that turned out to be a huge shitstorm, so much for doing it peacefully.....
Feb 6, 2015 3:14 PM

May 2012
Damn what a massacre! Nice episode but quite f*cked if you ask me! Let's see what happens next.
Feb 7, 2015 6:58 PM

Aug 2014
The way that the creators of LotGH handle the plot of this series is just amazing. Each rebellion and major action of a country is so well done and realistic. I felt like the events in this episode could easily happen in real life. This series is something else.
Feb 18, 2015 7:45 AM

Apr 2012
I loved the riot scene, where that guy went to stomp Jessica and a random civilian comes out of nowhere and tackles him. That whole thing was amazing and beautifully done.
May 12, 2015 10:05 PM

Aug 2014
Wow Jessica is actually dead? For some reason I was expecting the typical story moment where she somehow escapes in the end.

This is definitely one of my favorite episodes so far.
May 14, 2015 2:55 PM

Jan 2013
I'm surprised Jessica died. Very eventful episode.
May 25, 2015 10:09 AM
Nov 2014
Rest in peace Jessica, a true hero till the end. Fantastic episode by the way, my favourite one so far.
May 26, 2015 1:42 PM

Sep 2010
NO NOT JESSICA WHY HER? T^T And Yang when he found out. T^T
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 23, 2015 12:54 AM

Dec 2013
Definitely didn't expect Jessica to die so early. Yang's face at the end was heartbreaking :(

Also Julia was pretty cool pointing that gun at Bagdashu like that.
Jul 9, 2015 10:26 PM

May 2012
holy shit that escalated quickly, minor feels hearing about jessicas death
Aug 12, 2015 12:05 AM

Jan 2015
One of my favorite episodes so far.

That speech about the current coup being the same as Rudolph establishing empire that Jessica gave to that admiral was probably my highlight of the episode.

His face tho.
Aug 12, 2015 8:19 AM

Jan 2014
That suicide was kinda funny...
But then Jessica :'(
Welp, those against violence
were violent in the end.
Irony, huh?
Oct 11, 2015 11:54 PM

Nov 2012
smokes said:
sad episode.
i dont want Yang to turn emo now...

damn she just get 2-3 punches, and she's dead ? o-O
anyway next ep

Probably wasn't just punches that did her in. She probably got messed up from the punches, then there was a lot of gunfire and violence after that right? could have easily gotten shot or trampled or otherwise beaten to death in that crazy brawl there.
Oct 11, 2015 11:57 PM

Nov 2012
insan3Bhaalspawn said:
Jessica...you will be missed. For a character that only appeared in a few episodes I think she was very memorable. Some of the best moments so far, like her calling out Trunhilt in episode 3 and her bashing of that admiral in this episode and, in a different way, the riot in the stadium all were great moments.

I felt terrible seeing Yang's reaction by the way. It was a powerful moment, because it wasn't overdone. I love how this series uses body language and facial expressions so well.

Yeah I really liked her character too. She wasn't ever scared to openly question authority and stand up for her beliefs. I mean it might sound callous, but at the very least her speech and actions in the stadium probably inspired a lot of the populace to take up arms against this rebellion group.

It really sucks for Yang though, he pretty much lost his two best friends from what we can tell from what backstory has been revealed about him. I doubt the tragedy will continue to be that one sided though, Reinhard probably going to lose either Seig , his sister, or both before this series is over. Not even remotely spoiling here, just pure speculation considering this show likes to draw parallels in situations between Yang and Reinhard.
midnightbladeOct 12, 2015 12:01 AM
Jan 18, 2016 6:56 PM

Dec 2012
There's something about this show. The violence is brutal and messed up yet I can't help but laugh. "Please don't kill me, I have a family." "Hahahahahahaha....THWACK!" Gah, not Jessica though! I really liked how she was becoming more and more influential as a political leader. This episode helped to highlight the idea of authority and how order is maintained. In an ideal world, everyone could maintain peace like Jessica was demonstrating. However, when faced with violent opposition the only way to return to peace is by taking up arms and fighting as well.

This back and forth between the Empire and Alliance makes me wonder which rebellion will be quelled first. I'm sure that will play a pivotal role in deciding who has the upper hand next.
Jan 26, 2016 12:30 PM

Mar 2014
Very moving... I choked - and I almost went for a second, but I held back the tears.

The sounds during the stadium scene were very powerful. I especially liked the cries of ほら!(I think that's it) This really added some weight .
Bittenfeld said:
To tell you my honest feelings, Admiral Müller, as the groom at a wedding ceremony, the Kaiser is simply just a handsome man, I'm afraid to say. But as the supreme fleet admiral who leads entire fleets, he's really a godly person. Don't you think so, too?
Müller said:
I think he's quite godly as a groom, too.
May 3, 2016 1:33 PM

Oct 2013
The first episode that I really enjoyed, that stadium scene was intense. Rip Jessica. 5/5.
Jun 8, 2016 12:11 PM

Aug 2014
Greenhill : " Colonel...please remember to do it peacefully"
It was at this moment, he knew he fucked up...

I still don't trust that Bagdasu guy at all, well at least Yang seems to understand his character very well.

R.I.P Jessica :(
I knew things were going to get intense at the stadium but I really wasn't expecting her to die. It's a damn shame because I really liked her a lot.

Amazing episode!
Jul 14, 2016 8:29 PM

May 2016
I really liked Jessica, it's such a shamed she was killed off in the beginning... :/ (she and Greenhill would have gotten along quite well)

I wonder'd that too. Perhaps it's the shame combined with the potential punishment of being demoted and looked down upon, bring shame to your name and family, and losing an opportunity to advance and a chance to redeem yourself.
"ドSではない。迢ドSだ." - 蘇芳先生、月華撩乱 Romance

Sep 10, 2016 6:04 PM

Apr 2012
oh shit! totally did not expect Jessica to go so soon. Wonder if Yang's thinking about raging in his next battle.
Oct 20, 2016 5:47 AM

Aug 2014
Sad episode, but also very interesting, think are going to get crazy now. Poor Yang.
Jan 4, 2017 4:06 AM

Apr 2016
This episode is brilliantly executed. The battle in the first half is pretty much like ones in previous episodes, Yang being calm and show no sign of backing down, slowly chewing up the enemy while giving them a chance to surrender, this is where he earn my respect.

However, the second half is much more intensive and deep. The rally at the stadium soon became a riot just because of a pistal whip. The pacing at this part was quite fast but if you take the people at the stadium's viewpoint, you will see why they went riot. They were supposed to have a discussion about the nation's future and sudden some morons barged in and force everyone to leave. Where is the freedoom as the title of the alliance suggests? The execution in this part was nicely done, the scene people give no crap about the soldier and take control, steal their weapon despite seeing many other fell in front of them, but they still went on, because they knew it's the only way.

The lady who lead the rally was very bold. She spoke on behalf of the people, inhesitantly point out all the non-sense that the "Salvation Nation" claimed to be a way to freedom. Her death was the last dropplet on the filled glass of water, awaking the people and signifying a dawn of a new age (maybe).
CzeroCJun 13, 2017 4:57 AM
Jun 12, 2017 7:21 PM
Jun 2017
Second half of the episode is amazing. Really emotional and well executed.
You can really feel the citizens' fear when the soldiers show up, and then their rage when they beat on poor Jessica.
Jan 17, 2018 3:03 AM

May 2016
That was really weird she wasn't shot how did she die?
Jan 17, 2018 3:28 AM

Apr 2016
Raizel said:

Just made a quick rewatch and well, you could see how brutally she was hit there, blood was split so the impact of the hit should be big, which then result in a faint. She might have been alive if the crowd hadn't gone wild and thus caused the stadium to be set on fire, hence she was suffocated or even worse, burnt to death.
Jan 17, 2018 3:32 AM

May 2016
CzeroC said:
Raizel said:

Just made a quick rewatch and well, you could see how brutally she was hit there, blood was split so the impact of the hit should be big, which then result in a faint. She might have been alive if the crowd hadn't gone wild and thus caused the stadium to be set on fire, hence she was suffocated or even worse, burnt to death.
That's so cruel I feel so sorry for Yan, and thank you for replying.
Mar 28, 2018 12:21 PM

Jul 2012
great episode
so.. Jessica is gone :(
Why, you say... Don't you get it?

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
Sep 18, 2018 9:54 PM

Feb 2017
Yang dealt with his assassin in the most Yang way possible.
Nov 27, 2018 5:35 PM

Jan 2013
RIP Jessica, one of the few voices of what is right in the Alliance
Feb 27, 2019 1:25 PM

Aug 2017
Jessica's death got me right in the feels, that was cruel and sad.
Now if you think about it, it might possibly be foreshadowed by the ED. It features a lot of characters from the FPA - basically all important main and supporting characters, but there's no Jessica here. So maybe it just meant that she would die at some point...

I would also like to point out my concerns about Julian. I think that he's gradually being built as a character with values quite different from Yang's. Firstly, he *wants* to be a soldier. Secondly, he just states that killing a person can be justified, "if he can potentially be a traitor", which quite obviously is opposite to what Yang believes. Furthermore, we're given some hints that Julian might eventually join the Empire - recall his brief encounter with Sieg and him looking up to Reinhard in the ED. I'm very interested in Julian's development throughout the series.
Oct 25, 2019 6:40 AM

Oct 2012
Not Jessica, RIP :(
I think this is the first time I felt genuinely sad for someone's death in this anime
Well certainly that won't be the last time, I know that for sure
"Signature removed"
Jun 9, 2020 1:48 PM
Dec 2015
Does anyone else hear random screams in the audio at like 17:29 in the episode? Just seemed so out of place and weird like the edited the series wrong.

Jul 23, 2020 8:04 PM
Feb 2019
bibi-fan said:
Does anyone else hear random screams in the audio at like 17:29 in the episode? Just seemed so out of place and weird like the edited the series wrong.

Yes I was thinking exactly the same thing!
Sep 20, 2020 10:08 PM
Jun 2017
Truly a powerful episode, and one of the best ones so far. We started with a marvelous comparison of the speeches from Luglanju and Wenli, showing how the former is corrupted by an insane militarism (to the point to take his own life) and the latter knows this is the most pointless war he'll ever fight, followed by another flawless victory for Miracle Yang. Then, the stadium. It's a shame Jessica died so soon and so gruesomely, but I expect her death to start an uprising. Her final words were inspiring, to be honest, and the chaos that ensued show us that the Alliance's citizens can also use violence if pushed too far. I wonder if Admiral Grenhill will end up being executed at the end. I'm sure Yang's intercession will save him, but who knows if he'll take his own life, knowing that even if he's pardoned he won't be able to look his daughter in the eyes again?
Dec 24, 2020 3:12 AM

Jul 2016
roboto56 said:
I loved the riot scene, where that guy went to stomp Jessica and a random civilian comes out of nowhere and tackles him. That whole thing was amazing and beautifully done.

Was a very powerful scene and Jessica just being killed off like that was a shock
Mar 3, 2021 10:46 PM

Jul 2020
Man I wanna see my man Julian go berserk on these mfs
n6ahMar 4, 2021 9:20 AM
Mar 4, 2021 9:09 AM

Jul 2020
I didn't expect Jessica to die this early on... RIP.
Apr 5, 2021 5:30 AM
May 2020
rah fam i didn't expect Jessica to be killed off so early and from what i saw i thought she was only getting beaten up. Greenhill is gonna lose power very very soon. and finally how will yang react to all this, i hope he doesn't have some drastic change of philosophy or is hellbent on revenge
Apr 7, 2021 11:53 PM
Jan 2015
Komla_6 said:
rah fam i didn't expect Jessica to be killed off so early and from what i saw i thought she was only getting beaten up. Greenhill is gonna lose power very very soon. and finally how will yang react to all this, i hope he doesn't have some drastic change of philosophy or is hellbent on revenge

yeah . It reminds me so much of coup in Myanmar. When they start killing civilians, things start to go wrong very bad.

Also, i think this is what i love about this show so far. It's very realistic compared to any other anime.
Her death would have been realistic probability if it was real.
Apr 12, 2021 12:21 AM

Feb 2018
I'm literally seething rn. I googled "Jessica Edwards logh" after the episode ended just to read an overview of her character on the wiki or something idk and a MASSIVE spoiler showed up in one of the top google search results. Literally a game-changing spoiler from some stupid fucking reddit thread. This shit is so dumb; there should be like an official government agency for spoiler prevention — it's that much of a negative externality.
May 1, 2021 12:48 PM

Feb 2012
2021 Rewatch

Schönkopf receiving the kisses for liberating Shampool.

Schönkopf setting the tank bed Baghdash was in to cryogenic so he wouldn't wake up until the battle was over. Hilarious.

Rear Admiral Nguyen just blasting in every direction.

While Yang was succeeding on his front, Jessica sadly succumbed to the NSMC's violence on Heinessen. Greenhill doesn't want any in-fighting amongst the NSMC. It's quiet poetic that the statue of Heinessen watches over as democracy dies...
Fortress_MaximusMay 2, 2021 3:11 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 27, 2021 5:18 AM
Jan 2018
At least the prick that started it was killed as well.

Poor yang bet that will piss him off a bit but doubt it he’s not the type as far as I recall
Jul 14, 2021 10:48 AM

Jun 2020
myanmar moment 😎
Dec 16, 2021 8:58 AM
Nov 2020
RIP Jessica. Unfortunately she is definitely dead, this ain't no normal anime
Apr 6, 2022 11:51 AM

Dec 2007
wow, another eventful episode.
i have a reason to think that reinhard expected that the FPA gonna only splitting, but this much as they will come to be dictators, i don't think it was part of his predictions. i mean, greenhill went too far, and doesn't know how to make his officers doing things peacefully.
the way i see it, in the end yang truly gonna be government figure, wether he's gonna like it or not.

the scene of yang and bagdlash was so tense, he's doing again he's "i'm believing in you" thingy.
i also don't thinks he's afraid dying, he knew bagdlash would try something, and maybe it is for his own good to be dead lol. he's the opposite person for what he really is.
as for julian, i see dark aura around him. it being said here couple of times. but the ending with him and reinhard, and also couple episodes ago of him with kircheis, it's all pointing to some point in the plot. either he's gonna betray yang, being 'till now double spy or something, or he's going to find his own way between the nations.
Apr 29, 2022 3:27 AM

Jan 2018
As much as I hate Jessica, didn't expect her to die so early into the series. Maybe it's time for Yang's character development?
Aug 31, 2022 10:10 AM
Feb 2019
Imbeciles, probably what is about to happen sooner rather than later in real life as well. It is really a stupid internal war that looked like it was noble but got out of hand. Not that the Empire s civil war is any better... It is probably worst.

I would like to hope that Jessica is not actually dead, but probably she is.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 109 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

64 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.