Forum Settings
Forums
Jun 24, 2011 3:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 10
Hmmmm, probally a couple weeks ago when my PS2 decided to eat my Persona 4. <___>
 
Jun 24, 2011 8:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 396
Just yesterday, Persona 3 FES, the battle with the Natural Dancers.

The fight wasn't hard so much as it was tedious, especially since the persona I was using made it so that jerk's wind attacks couldn't hurt me. It just felt like I was attacking a rock, his HP went down so slowly. So I'm trudging along, and I nearly have this thing beat when one of my party members attacks the Natural Dancer causing him to do a Sexy Dance. My entire damn party is now charmed, and all I can do is sit there and watch them all heal him back up to full health. This happened twice.

I can't recall being that angry over a game before. I went beyond hitting and throwing things. I sat there through the rest of the fight just stewing in my internal hatred. I'm glad I was able to save properly after, because I think something inside me would have shriveled up and died otherwise.
 
Jun 24, 2011 9:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17442
Winter said:
Just yesterday, Persona 3 FES, the battle with the Natural Dancers.

The fight wasn't hard so much as it was tedious, especially since the persona I was using made it so that jerk's wind attacks couldn't hurt me. It just felt like I was attacking a rock, his HP went down so slowly. So I'm trudging along, and I nearly have this thing beat when one of my party members attacks the Natural Dancer causing him to do a Sexy Dance. My entire damn party is now charmed, and all I can do is sit there and watch them all heal him back up to full health. This happened twice.

I can't recall being that angry over a game before. I went beyond hitting and throwing things. I sat there through the rest of the fight just stewing in my internal hatred. I'm glad I was able to save properly after, because I think something inside me would have shriveled up and died otherwise.


Not as bad as bad as when I fought the final boss and ended up dying the first time because of attacking while it had that shield or w/e up... then I actually died a 2nd time... Such an annoying battle.
 
Jun 25, 2011 12:49 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 911
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Ultimate All-Stars. I swear to God, if Yami wasn't in such a great game as Okami I would ask Capcom to disown it. Seriously.
 
Jun 25, 2011 1:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3713
I only tend to really rage on Call of Duty MW2 these days. So many cheap guns and perks in that game, the balancing is horrible for the weapons. To the point where if you dont use them your k/d suffers badly.

Though I rage on Yugioh Online as well when I put a deck together that has no real notable flaws yet the game shuffler draws me almost impossibly bad hands, all the time.


 
Jun 26, 2011 8:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 25
SuperKyou said:
I only tend to really rage on Call of Duty MW2 these days. So many cheap guns and perks in that game, the balancing is horrible for the weapons. To the point where if you dont use them your k/d suffers badly.

Though I rage on Yugioh Online as well when I put a deck together that has no real notable flaws yet the game shuffler draws me almost impossibly bad hands, all the time.


Personally I don't think the balancing for MW2 weapons is that bad, I felt BO was actually worse. Yea MW2 has a few note-able weapons that are very good, and some that are very bad, but at least there is a group of weapons in the upper tier that are all in the same "catagory". Spas, 50. Cal, TAR-21, Famas, M16, and ACR are in my opinion the top guns. The Ump 45, Scar, P90, and RPD can all easily compete with those guns though. This just my opinion though.

Also, perhaps the reason your yu-gi-oh deck is failing is due to consistency? I used to play card games quite a bit, although not yu-gi-oh online. It would -seem- like my deck had no weakness due to having an abundancy of cards that can deal with almost any situation, as well as some strong setups. Problem with this was, I never got the right card when I wanted, I could never consistently counter everything. When I began focusing my deck instead on one goal (Get X creature out on turn 2/3 for example) is when I noticed my deck being a lot more consistent and stronger. Remember there isn't just a factor in looking at what cards are good at useful, but also your chances of getting that card. If you have only 1 card that is very good at dealing with X in a 40 card deck, your probability of having it in 5 turns of regular drawing (which is waaaay too long but for the sake of argument) becomes 25%. Not very good.
 
Jun 26, 2011 8:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 863
Yesterday when i tried to solve rubiks cube longest 6 hours of bashing my head on the wall in my entire life


"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

 
Jun 26, 2011 2:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3713
Dragonblood21 said:

Also, perhaps the reason your yu-gi-oh deck is failing is due to consistency? I used to play card games quite a bit, although not yu-gi-oh online. It would -seem- like my deck had no weakness due to having an abundancy of cards that can deal with almost any situation, as well as some strong setups. Problem with this was, I never got the right card when I wanted, I could never consistently counter everything. When I began focusing my deck instead on one goal (Get X creature out on turn 2/3 for example) is when I noticed my deck being a lot more consistent and stronger. Remember there isn't just a factor in looking at what cards are good at useful, but also your chances of getting that card. If you have only 1 card that is very good at dealing with X in a 40 card deck, your probability of having it in 5 turns of regular drawing (which is waaaay too long but for the sake of argument) becomes 25%. Not very good.


Nah mate, im not a new player, I've been playing decks for the last 6 or 7 years and I know my way round the game really well. Got like a 73% win ratio etc. The reason I rage at it is because I have built the exact same deck in reality as I have on the game a couple of times. However the one in reality doesnt draw hands as bad as the online game does. Say I have 6 cards in the deck which are conditional and require things to have happened in the game already. I am far more likely to draw ALL those cards in my opening hand than I am in the real game.


 
Top
Pages (2) « 1 [2]