Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 20, 2010 9:55 PM
Sep 2010
It doesn't matter if it was game or peer-induced. When did you last rage as a result of playing a game?

I had a rough day today. So when I got home, I turned on my PS3 and decided to play some Blazblue: Continuum Shift.

I got online (ranked match) and suffered a series of losses against other players. That's not what made me mad, though. Some were actually good games and I realized my own shortcomings.

Anyways, I ended up being paired with a high-level player. "Another loss," I thought. If I were to beat him, though, I would get a ton of points. As if.

The game started and ... lo and behold, I beat him 2-0. Just when the scores were being processed, he disconnected! That was my first win of the day, too ... or at least it was supposed to be.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 20, 2010 10:01 PM

Jun 2009
When I have been trapped in this eternal bloody maze in Nocturne right before the final boss. I finally threw in the towel and started Digital Devil, although it really irks me that I couldn't figure it out. Ah, now I want to go try it again.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Oct 20, 2010 10:10 PM

Feb 2010
Lenfried said:
Blazblue: Continuum Shift.

Go hardcore! Memorize the frame datas and all that crap. I personally wouldn't go that far just for a game but apparently quite an amount of people do.

Anyways my last rage was on SC not 2! My mis-micromanagement cost me a game >:O
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2010 10:11 PM

Jun 2008
I guess I kinda raged when my internet 'flickered' causing me to lose connection to a Resistance 2 co-op match.
Oct 21, 2010 12:26 AM
Dec 2009
The new infection playlist in halo reach gave me time today to realize just how flawed some of the map designs truly are, namely boardwalk and asylum. Seeing one camper after another get a huge k/d boost off of terrible players made me want to /facepalm.
Oct 21, 2010 12:31 AM

Oct 2010
MelbShaw said:

Go hardcore! Memorize the frame datas and all that crap. I personally wouldn't go that far just for a game but apparently quite an amount of people do.

I did that for Street Fighter 4, an when I lost after 9 consecutive wins (10 consecutive wins = trophy)...
Let's just say that I have less controllers and the wall has a slightly different pattern...
Thank god I didn't do that with my Hori arcade stick...
Oct 21, 2010 12:37 AM

Oct 2010
Lenfried said:
It doesn't matter if it was game or peer-induced. When did you last rage as a result of playing a game?

I had a rough day today. So when I got home, I turned on my PS3 and decided to play some Blazblue: Continuum Shift.

I got online (ranked match) and suffered a series of losses against other players. That's not what made me mad, though. Some were actually good games and I realized my own shortcomings.

Anyways, I ended up being paired with a high-level player. "Another loss," I thought. If I were to beat him, though, I would get a ton of points. As if.

The game started and ... lo and behold, I beat him 2-0. Just when the scores were being processed, he disconnected! That was my first win of the day, too ... or at least it was supposed to be.

That is the law of the high rankings...Only dc'ers have high rankings, as they do not record losses. I always expect highly ranked players to dc. Not to say that many of them just ICE CARZ through rankings or dc after they get beaten. High rankers are not necessarily good players (Most of the time they actually suck).

Tip: Take Tager, and if shortcut buttons are on, spam his 360 degree analog turn + H shortcut. I tried that and was amazed to see that very few players can handle it. Still, it's a cheap method. I used to do that when angry in Calamity Trigger (don't have CS yet...damn EU release dates...)
Oct 21, 2010 4:38 AM

Mar 2010
I was raging today on WoW when the game kept crashing cause of Blizzards failing to set up events and have them actually work.

Oct 21, 2010 7:25 AM

Jun 2010
I was playing Firefight's Sniperfight variant on Halo Reach. Typically, saying my sniping skills are dismal would be an understatement, but for whatever reason, I was doing uncharacteristically well to the point that I was not only in first place, but I was ahead of second place by at least 5000 points. Truly, a miracle was at work.

The last enemy of the wave was a Brute that was a good distance away, so I took a shot at it, not realizing that one of my teammates was right behind him. My bullet went through both, killed my teammate, and he booted me for betrayal.

raeg
Oct 21, 2010 9:27 AM
Sep 2010
ciels said:
I'd be raging at continuum shift if it was released here yet

Rage brings out the laughter in me so I can't really say i'd break anything

Street fighter is where the real ragers are, according to the PM's I get.

I play SSF4 from time to time, but I can't really rage at it.

BB:CS is frustrating in comparison because if the opponent is at least mildly decent, you can get combo'd for a really long time with no way out (except one burst).

In SSF4, combos are much shorter. Plus, there are less OTG hits and you have plenty of options on wake-up. It's more of a mind game, really.

Losing at a battle of wits = gg
Losing after making one tiny mistake and getting combo'd from 100 to 0 HP = rage
Oct 21, 2010 10:18 AM

Nov 2008
Scrimmage in AVA (Alliance of Valiant Arms) a FPS game.

Playing Hellhound and I called a strat (since no one else had one) and NO ONE followed it. They all ended up doing a pub strat (a route you typically would go in a public game) and all 4 of them grouped up in a narrow hallway (this made my gamer sense tingle, I knew something was about to happen). Needless to say that I got there just in time to watch them all die because they felt it necessary to butt buddy up and had to clutch 1v5 (not this time...). Needless to say all that was heard on the mic was, "WHY WOULD YOU SUCH A FUCKING BAD STRAT LIKE THAT?" I raged...
Oct 21, 2010 9:28 PM

Sep 2010
Medal of Honor, god I was so close to getting a Tomahawk missile and then someone just had to personally call in artillery right where I was at.
Oct 22, 2010 7:46 AM

Sep 2010
Today...PvPing in WoW of course. Where else would I rage?
Oct 22, 2010 8:06 AM
Sep 2009
Playing osu!, first time I had a 950 combo playing Liverne - Necrophantasia and the game fucking minimized because my download was complete and I didn't disable the "Download Complete" dialogue -_-
]
Oct 22, 2010 8:12 AM
Jul 2008
Raged in Reach a few days ago , we had a LAN-party. And the opposite team being the hosts knew where the fucking spartan laser was , everytime.
"Oh hey let's take a vehicle"
"alright!"
"wait , what's that red light?....SON OF A-!"

Fortunately they were in the other room so they ate my ashtray.
no
Oct 22, 2010 10:54 AM

Jun 2008
Hmmm I don't really make it a habit of raging with games. But I guess I sorta had a mini one playing Dino Crisis a few nights ago. Not anything against the game mind you, but I was upset because I couldn't remember where I left off last. :/
Oct 24, 2010 6:41 PM

Sep 2010
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Online

3 times I lost against someone , just because they used their Awakening modes :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2010 8:48 PM

Oct 2010
From a game? Never, what's wrong with you?? I only rage when my bitch disrespects me, yo.
http://www.accessj.com
The real deal on Japan.
News and information for visitors, ex-pats and prospective workers.
Oct 24, 2010 9:06 PM
Jun 2010
NBA 2k11 on PC AKA the superior console

I'm raging cuz I'm playing with a keyboard and it's freaking impossible.

*going to buy a gamepad tomorrow*

Oct 24, 2010 9:12 PM

Sep 2009
Mysterious Figure - Birth by Sleep

The entire process. The fight I beat him in I had Terra taking 20 seconds of lag to into his Thunderbolt command style. (While this was kind of cool, it was also frustrating since this happened twice when I had gotten him into his last bar of health.)
Oct 24, 2010 9:12 PM
Jul 2018
Today, Playing Lineage 2.
damm how could i faking fail 4 dyna gloves+2 helmet in a row?
i can't freaking believe my luck FFS
Oct 24, 2010 9:48 PM

Jul 2009
Last time i raged was a couple of days ago during a laggy match in medal of honor

Oct 24, 2010 9:54 PM

Apr 2010
Today in Battlefield 2. I was fucking pissed because our commanders sucked, they didn't spot or put the UAV in the right place half the time, and the other team primarily used hand grenades to fight. And most of the players on our team rotation were fucking noobs. Not to mention my hit-reg was fucking horrible I couldn't hit anything I shot at. So I took it out on my clan mate who was commanding the round this time. He was also a shitty commander. I raged with claymores, shotguns and C4 while he was in the commander interface. Put some claymores in front of us, suicide, blows us both up. Run in with a pack of C4, blow him up, run back in put some on his dead body and blow myself up with it...

Oct 25, 2010 11:10 AM

Jan 2008
Phantasy Star Portable 2. Doing JP DLC Max II S Rank and the highest level player kept dying. Probably a modder/hacker.
Oct 26, 2010 7:22 AM
Sep 2009
codes said:
Today, Playing Lineage 2.
damm how could i faking fail 4 dyna gloves+2 helmet in a row?
i can't freaking believe my luck FFS

haha, I remember crashing 2x SB at +4 when I was playing on retail years ago xD
]
Oct 26, 2010 7:41 AM
Oct 2010
A while back ago, when I was playing Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII. I'm on the Genesis Avatar(ya know, the second time you fight Genesis and he turns into that insane monster-thing? XP) Well, I had tried a few times to beat him and I couldn't. So I started to get annoyed. Tried again, Pheniox Down equiped, and some good items equiped too. (Don't remember which ones...>.> I haven't played Crisis Core in ages...) I don't know if I was close to beating him or not, but I'm sure I was. Suddenly, a few Genesis copies snuck up on me. I kept clicking on my Twister Materia or whatever it was, but it turns out I was out of AP! D: I pressed the R button quickly to get to my items and pull something, anything out to restore AP, even if it meant wasting and exhilr(or however it's spelt, my spelling sucks.) That's when I died, only to realize I may have lived had I pressed the L button.

Needless to say, I flipped out.
Oct 26, 2010 1:03 PM

Sep 2008
Yesterday while playing Vanquish on Hard. I kept on dying on a boss that wasn't even that hard to beat. I don't know what I was doing now that I think about it. The boss barely had any life left evertime I died too. Just one more bullet. xD
Jun 22, 2011 3:25 AM

Aug 2010
1.when i die in a game out of stupidity A.K.A stupid mistakes
2.when i die from a stupid glitch
3.when i spill on any type of technology
4.when i sleep while playing online
5.when my consoles get stuck.

these things happen lol.
Jun 22, 2011 4:04 AM

Feb 2010
This morning after I woke up and started HoN to see if they fix'd it. I found out they rolled back the stats to the 9th of June. I've been raging for hours.
Jun 22, 2011 4:07 AM

Mar 2011
Mostly on Prince of Persia. A single mistake can ruin your whole game.

Jun 22, 2011 4:33 AM
Oct 2010
Um... On Final Fantasy X's last battle. The last thing I remember is me punching the wall. LOL
Jun 22, 2011 5:00 AM

May 2009
raged when everybody in LoL expects you to be a computer and be perfect at the game instead of realizing that we are all humans we all make mistakes and we can't be perfect at games even if we wanted it and instead of explaining you what mistakes you make and how to get better, calling you stuff and cursing.....that proves that those people are family of the apes....resolve stuff by shouting ^^
Jun 22, 2011 5:13 AM

Oct 2010
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. It was many years back and I don't remember which side mission it was, but I did it a shitload of times because It was really hard. When I finally accomplished the mission, the power just suddenly went out, and I still haven't saved. All those long hours of failed attempts, WASTED!!! But that didn't even make me angry.

In a few seconds, the power came back, went off, and came back again. I walked downstairs to find..my grandpa switching the breaker on and off, just to test it.(He does this randomly sometimes w/o telling anyone in the house) The fact that the blackout, which caused me to lose my game play, was caused not by power failure but because someone had to test the house equipment, made me snap and go into a furious rage.
LeRealJun 22, 2011 5:18 AM
Jun 22, 2011 9:01 PM
Dec 2010
its actually been a while. for some reason i just stopped caring so much about what happens in video games. but back in the day on halo 3 online, there were moments when i would feel like destroying my controller because of the bullshit that happened in the game.
Jun 22, 2011 10:40 PM

Nov 2010
When I kept missing one note and not getting perfect for Project Diva 2,
Jun 23, 2011 3:09 PM

Dec 2009
MelbShaw said:
Lenfried said:
Blazblue: Continuum Shift.

Anyways my last rage was on SC not 2! My mis-micromanagement cost me a game >:O

I was way worse than just memorizing frame data with, well, in fact the game you just stated, Starcraft Broodwar. I memorized build times, healths, movement speeds, etc of nearly every unit.

Then took things further by knowing precise build orders, the time at which X units should be popping depending on the build, differences between builds, what builds are good on certain maps, the pros and cons of each builds, and even what pro players used certain builds often.

It's kinda weird, I wasn't all that great at the game, I just knew everything there was to know about it. I was more interested in learning than I was playing. I haven't picked up SC:BW in forever though...
Jun 23, 2011 3:18 PM
May 2011
when i saw the reiews for duke nukem forever, how good games get such bad reviews and yet cod's and mass effect are still in the 9's
Jun 23, 2011 3:44 PM

Jun 2010
duke nukem forever wasnt good...

anyways last time i raged was when i got so into an rpg and i didnt save after an entire day of saving and my dog stepped on the powerstrip's on/off button... :'(
Jun 23, 2011 4:05 PM
May 2011
Josephl64 said:

anyways last time i raged was when i got so into an rpg and i didnt save after an entire day of saving and my dog stepped on the powerstrip's on/off button... :'(
yah the game was, i ave it, its one of the funnest and funniest shooters out there, just caus eit isnt a cod doesnt mean its not good, its kinda the oppossite
Jun 23, 2011 6:26 PM

Jun 2010
ItsSoPringles said:
Josephl64 said:

yah the game was, i ave it, its one of the funnest and funniest shooters out there, just caus eit isnt a cod doesnt mean its not good, its kinda the oppossite

i actually dislike COD so i agree with you there but thats besides the point...
Jun 23, 2011 11:06 PM

Feb 2011
i have at least some form of rage on any games i play.....but the strongest ones almost always come from COD games.
Jun 24, 2011 6:05 AM

Jun 2010
10 minute intervals on street fighter FUCK YOU HONDA i'm counter picking you bitch.
benevolentfather said:
i have at least some form of rage on any games i play.....but the strongest ones almost always come from COD games.

Man when you feel salty on cod just take out cost ninja an m16 LOl and sit in that corner with your clay always makes my day :)
Riveting is rosy, pockets full of posies, given to the mother of the deceased. Awaken at war, 'til I'm restin' in peace
Jun 24, 2011 6:31 AM

Jan 2010
When my dad made me look for the remote when I was in the middle of taking a shower ofc I locked it I had to come out coz I cant stand him yelling coz "House" btw he's favourite show was on!!! >:(
Stupid thing keeps dissapearing for no reason...
Jun 24, 2011 10:19 AM

Feb 2011
last time was when i was on the darth maul fight in jedi power battles. i got him to the last area and almost had him ....but he pulled some bullshit out of his ass.

i broke a chair over my coffee table. and never played that game again. that was back in dec of 2000 i think. my wife wasn't impressed
FOR THE RECORD: I DON'T SUPPORT THE TROOPS!
Jun 24, 2011 10:37 AM

Jan 2008
Yesterday.

PlayingAtelier Rorona... goes into workshop, makes item for request and then leaves workshop... wait.. why isn't the screen changing from the loading screen...? Oh... god dammit! Game froze pretty much. /didn't save for 1 1/2 hours.
Jun 24, 2011 1:43 PM

Jul 2008
Paul said:
Yesterday.

PlayingAtelier Rorona... goes into workshop, makes item for request and then leaves workshop... wait.. why isn't the screen changing from the loading screen...? Oh... god dammit! Game froze pretty much. /didn't save for 1 1/2 hours.

Hated that. Raged that there was also only 1 save point XD I was scared half to death whenever I had to travel far..

My current rage if 'cause of Record of Agarest War ZERO. After getting raped by an OP'd boss a couple times, I then figured out I wasnt supposed to kill him, just survive. After that I fight him again and now I do have to kill him, but hes even stronger now, LOL. I do love this game though.
Jun 24, 2011 3:30 PM

Nov 2008
Challenge Tower in MK. Why 300? After 200 or so its more boring/annoying rather than fun.
Web developers answer to pretty much any request: You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be...
Jun 24, 2011 3:43 PM
Feb 2011
About an hour ago while playing League of Legends
Jun 24, 2011 3:48 PM

Jun 2011
Hmmmm, probally a couple weeks ago when my PS2 decided to eat my Persona 4. <___>
Jun 24, 2011 8:34 PM

Sep 2007
Just yesterday, Persona 3 FES, the battle with the Natural Dancers.

The fight wasn't hard so much as it was tedious, especially since the persona I was using made it so that jerk's wind attacks couldn't hurt me. It just felt like I was attacking a rock, his HP went down so slowly. So I'm trudging along, and I nearly have this thing beat when one of my party members attacks the Natural Dancer causing him to do a Sexy Dance. My entire damn party is now charmed, and all I can do is sit there and watch them all heal him back up to full health. This happened twice.

I can't recall being that angry over a game before. I went beyond hitting and throwing things. I sat there through the rest of the fight just stewing in my internal hatred. I'm glad I was able to save properly after, because I think something inside me would have shriveled up and died otherwise.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3502 by Lost_Viking »»
1 hour ago

» Sega's Golden Axe video games series gets a cartoon adaptation

tchitchouan - Yesterday

2 by DesuMaiden »»
5 hours ago

» Out of all the Mario games which did you play the most recently

KiraraFan - Apr 9

25 by SnipeStrike »»
6 hours ago

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - Yesterday

18 by FanofAction »»
6 hours ago

» total games on your steam library

deg - Feb 22

46 by Firwik_Howlo »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.