Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2010 7:16 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They are so small and kind of cute, but feel sorry for them that their grand savior should be teenage girls! I could understand their plight finding themselves in a strange land all the sudden. (Funny the way the chase the enemy away)
Oct 26, 2010 11:06 PM
May 2010
It's nice to have two protagonists who are rounded characters: Miyabe's not winning any awards for diplomacy, but her reaction to the situation seems quite realistic (I am terrified but it's better to lash out in anger rather than directly admit to fear). Natsuno is nicer, but her nerves make her freeze in one situation. However, when a certain cemetery is invaded, she has a quite different reaction, but thankfully not one of sudden Gryffindor heroics.

*tapping mike* Anyone else watching this series? Hellllloooooo?!

And a big thank you to those who make discussing this show possible!
Nov 13, 2010 8:09 AM

Nov 2007
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

LMAO the way they scared them away was awesome.

Natsuno's voice is so unique.

Glad to rewatch this one. I can't believe I can still hum this remarkable ED song. XD
Apr 16, 2021 5:06 PM

Aug 2017
Why they attacked them at the beginning but they're scared later? Hmmmm.

An old isekai. It was OK, the small characters look like a parody to The Smurfs.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 5, 2021 8:01 PM

Jul 2016
what an amazing anime i have found! AMAZING! i don't think i've even enjoyed an anime episode this much for a very long time... although, to be fair i haven't actually been watching anime very much or frequently for about a year and a half. but i was smiling throughout the whole episode. i had expected to hate the little chibi characters, based on how i had read a review that went on about it being low budget and etc. regardless, i found it extremely cute. what a shame already, that this has only one cour. i'll see how long my attention even lasts, i may not even finish it to begin with anyways but i can envision a whole kingdom and universe beyond these little peoples' race that the main characters can explore. the 2000's era of anime truly is the best, the often simplistic animation is endearing ain't it. also. it's a good thing that there's two drastically different types of personalities in the two. one is hot-headed and the other is soft-hearted, yet they get along with each other. serves for a good compliment, although i can imagine other duo combos working too. the op and ed aren't particularly catching, the ed is fitting with the night and all. i can skip both. i forgot to mention, i am immensely satisfied that they actually stabbed each other. i don't think i'm a sadist but i swear to god if no blood came out from those stab wounds i'd be like why not though? and they sank in just right, like a spoon into pudding. out of the chibis, i think my favorites so far are shall, the... was she called reka? well. the one who was always getting indignant when the brat would complain and show disrespect. third favorite is the dude who looks like shall, except emo and distrusting. seems like another battle commander of sorts
Dec 6, 2022 3:08 AM

Aug 2018
This seems very promising. Hope it lives up to its potential.
Sep 26, 2023 5:34 AM

Dec 2022
For little chibi people, they're quite violent XD. I can see why Eri and Yuko (mostly Yuko) aren't all that happy about being designated the "Grand Saviours" of their village, especially since they were supposed to be both invincible and informed of their status, of which they are neither.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Strange Dawn Episode 13 Discussion

MaxCrazy7 - Oct 21, 2010

11 by St0rmblade »»
Feb 27, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Strange Dawn Episode 12 Discussion

MaxCrazy7 - Oct 21, 2010

2 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 26, 2023 9:24 PM

Poll: » Strange Dawn Episode 11 Discussion

MaxCrazy7 - Oct 21, 2010

3 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Strange Dawn Episode 10 Discussion

Nurguburu - May 22, 2021

2 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 26, 2023 7:50 PM

Poll: » Strange Dawn Episode 9 Discussion

Nurguburu - May 22, 2021

1 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 26, 2023 6:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.