Forum Settings
Forums
Nov 24, 2010 8:41 PM

Huh, guess I'm lucky then. I've had almost no issues at all. A radscorpion will occasionally get stuck in the ground, but that's it.

Yes, it's very similar to Fallout 3, but if it ain't broke.. I'm liking the minor additions (hardcore mode is pretty neat, although not quite as hardcore as I was hoping), and so far I'm enjoying the game even more than its predecessor.

Nov 25, 2010 5:36 AM

HaloX5 said:
Even the computer version has serious issues o_O Who thought it was a good idea to hand Obsidian, Fallout again?

You'd think they'd learn from fallout 3... apparently not.

SchnickelFritz said:
Yes, it's very similar to Fallout 3, but if it ain't broke..

But for some it is, my companion randomly disappears at times, a mole rat was stuck underground and was hitting me, stuttering and crashing. I swear I have no luck with fallout.

Nov 25, 2010 7:30 AM
Non-stopped freezing, radscorpions and myself glitching into rocks, my companions running into walls after reloading game, unable to use VATS/not being able to see highlighted limbs when using VATS, and my Pip-Boy's map showing up on loading screens... I've had more problems with this game than Fallout 3.

Nov 26, 2010 9:32 AM
I've preordered it already played :)

Nov 26, 2010 3:38 PM

BakaKawaii said:
HaloX5 said:
Even the computer version has serious issues o_O Who thought it was a good idea to hand Obsidian, Fallout again?

You'd think they'd learn from fallout 3... apparently not.

SchnickelFritz said:
Yes, it's very similar to Fallout 3, but if it ain't broke..

But for some it is, my companion randomly disappears at times, a mole rat was stuck underground and was hitting me, stuttering and crashing. I swear I have no luck with fallout.
Played it, beat it. Pretty good. A lotttt of bugs, my companions would disappear for hours of gameplay, etc. I definitely liked killing the super badass deathclaws though, pretty challenging.

Nov 27, 2010 3:54 PM

The companion disappearing has to be one of the worst. I mean I cant do some missions because ED-E vanished on me. Or I mean the really cruel one is when the game freezes and you forgot to save after like hours of gameplay.

So I mean is it like this on all consoles. I mean I have tried the PS3 and 360 ones and I know they're pretty bust. I mean the PS3 one for me was disgusting it froze like 3 times in a day D:

Nov 27, 2010 8:47 PM

Ah, just thinking about bugs makes me want to wait for the GOTY. But even then, it probably has to be gamer mods that make it for the ridiculous amount of bugs F3 was famous for.

Maybe I'll get Yoko from TTGL out on the wastelands Vegas again.

Nov 27, 2010 8:53 PM

I bought the PC version, I could have bought the console version but I was like "F that, I can get the PC version for less". Somewhat of a big mistake considering my P-O-S computer can't run it. I can wait a couple more months for a new laptop.

Nov 28, 2010 7:48 AM

Bostonblows said:
Played it, beat it. Pretty good. A lotttt of bugs, my companions would disappear for hours of gameplay, etc. I definitely liked killing the super badass deathclaws though, pretty challenging.

I've ran into deathclaws like 3 times, as I'm pretty low level I was maaauled big time, was depressing :(

HaloX5 said:
The companion disappearing has to be one of the worst. I mean I cant do some missions because ED-E vanished on me. Or I mean the really cruel one is when the game freezes and you forgot to save after like hours of gameplay.

So I mean is it like this on all consoles. I mean I have tried the PS3 and 360 ones and I know they're pretty bust. I mean the PS3 one for me was disgusting it froze like 3 times in a day D:

I only have Vanessa atm, and I have no idea where she's gone... she appears for like one fight then goes away again.
The freezing has calmed down a bit, but it did turn my ps3 off automatically once, which was really distressing.

Nov 28, 2010 2:18 PM

I'm guessing even though everyone complain about the glitches and stuff in New Vegas, I would like to say;

I like to have a glitchy game with good writing and good RPG mechanics than a less glitchy game with crap writing and RPG mechanics that could've been better [I'm looking at you, Fallout 3].

So yeah. I rather have morally ambigious fractions than "OH, I NEED TO FIND MY DAD. OH LOOK, THE BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL. THEY DON'T PRESERVE TECHNOLOGY, THEY HELP EVERYONE. OH LOOK, LITTLE LAMPLIGHT, WE HAVE NO ADULTS TO LOOK AFTER US SO WE COME FROM STALKS LOL.

At least the world is consistent in New Vegas. In Fallout 3, a lot of it didn't make sense and just constantly broke immersion.

Nov 28, 2010 2:36 PM

Chrono_Mizaki said:
I'm guessing even though everyone complain about the glitches and stuff in New Vegas, I would like to say;

I like to have a glitchy game with good writing and good RPG mechanics than a less glitchy game with crap writing and RPG mechanics that could've been better [I'm looking at you, Fallout 3].

So yeah. I rather have morally ambigious fractions than "OH, I NEED TO FIND MY DAD. OH LOOK, THE BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL. THEY DON'T PRESERVE TECHNOLOGY, THEY HELP EVERYONE. OH LOOK, LITTLE LAMPLIGHT, WE HAVE NO ADULTS TO LOOK AFTER US SO WE COME FROM STALKS LOL.

At least the world is consistent in New Vegas. In Fallout 3, a lot of it didn't make sense and just constantly broke immersion.

Well, atleast Fallout 3 you Dad was voiced by Liam Neeson :D

Nov 28, 2010 2:40 PM

Yeah consistent, even though you can blow up the NCR with Helios they're still your friend.

Another glitch, stupid boxcars wouldn't give me a dialogue prompt </3 and my companion hasn't appeared in hours, either.

Nov 28, 2010 5:49 PM

BakaKawaii said:
Bostonblows said:

I've ran into deathclaws like 3 times, as I'm pretty low level I was maaauled big time, was depressing :(

Normal ones, yeh? There's some super badass ones you'll run into, legendary deathclaw and alpha male - mother etc.

Dec 2, 2010 12:29 PM

Bostonblows said:
BakaKawaii said:
Bostonblows said:

Normal ones, yeh? There's some super badass ones you'll run into, legendary deathclaw and alpha male - mother etc.

I managed to glitch the Alpha Male. For some reason I ran into him while trying to find the Hidden Brotherhood of Steel Bunker and I just shot at him while he stood still doing nothing .-.

Dec 2, 2010 3:14 PM

HaloX5 said:
Bostonblows said:
BakaKawaii said:
Bostonblows said:

I managed to glitch the Alpha Male. For some reason I ran into him while trying to find the Hidden Brotherhood of Steel Bunker and I just shot at him while he stood still doing nothing .-.

I did that with the Mother from very, very far away, after dying to her like 10 times. Probably the only way you can kill them really.

Dec 2, 2010 6:21 PM

Bostonblows said:
HaloX5 said:
Bostonblows said:
BakaKawaii said:
Bostonblows said:

I did that with the Mother from very, very far away, after dying to her like 10 times. Probably the only way you can kill them really.

Haha :D I guess some glitches come in handy.
Still, it's kinda unfair if that's the "only" way to do it. Surely there is a way. Then again looking back at some games like "Crawmerax" in "Borderlands" for example -.- there isnt really a legit way to kill that either.

Dec 10, 2010 1:04 AM

Ah I found like 7 deathclaws following me through the quarry, they kicked my ass from here to Micronesia. This was before I'd gotten power armour or the gobi rifle though.
Finished the game's Wild Card ending, and managed to speech check the NCR out of mah land.
Won't be touching it now for ages, not until the goty or if my friend gets the DLC and I scab it >>

Dec 10, 2010 5:05 AM
Liechée, Bittaly

FONV is just an expansion pack of FO3 with new stuff and fun ass side quests with an extremely piece of shit storyline. >_>

So far so good.
I lawled very hard to see my camera postion looking over kneecap instead of the shoulders.

Exactly what the hell happened to it.

In FPS mode I'm like in a position of his body not the head.
Although this only occured to me once throughout the whole game.
Modified by Kairen, Dec 10, 2010 5:19 AM

Dec 13, 2010 2:44 PM

Well remember this IS Obsidian :D I mean man. They screwed up KOTOR as well with it's rubbish sequal. I mean dont get me wrong KOTOR Players. The second game was fun. But you seriously cant compare it to the first.
It's like New Vegas. See you have Fallout 3, by Bethesda which was enjoyable, and had an actual plot to it. Then you have New Vegas, the "Sequal/Spin off Thingy" which is like a screw up, where plot doesnt really happen so they threw a bunch of fun things in and slapped on a typical price sticker.

Just my opinion though :D I do like New Vegas. So I'm not exactly against it or anything. I just dont like Obsidian :D

Jan 3, 2011 5:40 AM
After reading the comment I don't want that game. I hear there still bug and glitchy stuff look like a broken games to me.

Jan 4, 2011 4:13 PM

Ghostfacenomore said:
After reading the comment I don't want that game. I hear there still bug and glitchy stuff look like a broken games to me.

I'm sure they've patched quite a bit of it, so if you play online you should be good to go.

Jan 5, 2011 2:45 AM

HaloX5 said:
Well remember this IS Obsidian :D I mean man. They screwed up KOTOR as well with it's rubbish sequal. I mean dont get me wrong KOTOR Players. The second game was fun. But you seriously cant compare it to the first.
It's like New Vegas. See you have Fallout 3, by Bethesda which was enjoyable, and had an actual plot to it. Then you have New Vegas, the "Sequal/Spin off Thingy" which is like a screw up, where plot doesnt really happen so they threw a bunch of fun things in and slapped on a typical price sticker.

Just my opinion though :D I do like New Vegas. So I'm not exactly against it or anything. I just dont like Obsidian :D

New Vegas has a more believable plot than Fallout 3.

Have you played 1 and 2? I did, they were one of the first PC games I played in my life (along with Red Alert).

Jan 5, 2011 3:27 AM

BakaKawaii said:
Another glitch, stupid boxcars wouldn't give me a dialogue prompt </3 and my companion hasn't appeared in hours, either.

If you companion disappears, just wait for about a week and they return to their default locations, so you can go pick them up again. I think the robot is the only one who can potentially be literally eaten by the game.

Anyway, I got the game a few weeks ago. I haven't really been paying attention to the plot at all so I can't complain about it. The one thing that bothered me was how they portray Mr House as being this saintly figure but don't really show him doing anything better than the other factions. You're just informed that his way is the right way.

However the bugs and glitches in this game are awful - how the hell did it make it out of testing? I've had the console crash constantly due to freezing, clipping problems, my inventory totally wiped...terrible. This is with the most recent patch too...

Either way, it's no Fallout 2, but I had fun with it. I didn't really enjoy it enough to want to replay it (even from saves) for the multiple endings though. |:

Jan 5, 2011 7:00 AM

I never encountered numerous bugs and glitches. The only crash I get is when I go VATS-realtime-VATS-realtime very quickly with a lot of enemies in the area.

Also, considering I'm using the PC version (which is the best) I have the console commands to turn to to circumvent them lol

Jan 5, 2011 7:02 AM

entropy13 said:

maybe. but its boring. really. and i like FO3 story.

Jan 5, 2011 7:32 AM

T1mkAz said:
entropy13 said:

FO3's more boring, I quite enjoyed New Vegas more. Your choices have a more profound effect on New Vegas as a whole than in Fallout 3 compared to the Capital Wasteland.

Jan 9, 2011 6:44 AM

entropy13 said:
T1mkAz said:
entropy13 said:

FO3's more boring, I quite enjoyed New Vegas more. Your choices have a more profound effect on New Vegas as a whole than in Fallout 3 compared to the Capital Wasteland.

Sure it's more believeable but it's really boring. I mean you get a choice who to follow sure okay. But most of the things in the game are extremely blunt and/or empty. NCR = Law Order People who want to protect the Mojave. Ceasar's Legion = Bad Peoples who want to take over the Mojave and enslave it. Yourself = You take everything you want. Mr. House = He takes everything he wants. I mean I've seen them all and they're all basically the same. Then you have the side quests which suck because they'res so few. And then you have the "hidden note" type ones where you follow clues. There are a load of these but they generally turn out to be a load of rubbish. I mean Fallout 3 seemed to me to be a lot more epic. The whole Brotherhood fighting the Enclave. The epic quests where you visited crazy places and got epic things in return. Trying to finish Project Purity. And the whole finding you Dad. As well as the Gary Vault. I just found it a lot more enjoyable.

Jan 9, 2011 7:50 AM

HaloX5 said:
entropy13 said:
T1mkAz said:
entropy13 said:

Sure it's more believeable but it's really boring. I mean you get a choice who to follow sure okay. But most of the things in the game are extremely blunt and/or empty. NCR = Law Order People who want to protect the Mojave. Ceasar's Legion = Bad Peoples who want to take over the Mojave and enslave it. Yourself = You take everything you want. Mr. House = He takes everything he wants. I mean I've seen them all and they're all basically the same. Then you have the side quests which suck because they'res so few. And then you have the "hidden note" type ones where you follow clues. There are a load of these but they generally turn out to be a load of rubbish. I mean Fallout 3 seemed to me to be a lot more epic. The whole Brotherhood fighting the Enclave. The epic quests where you visited crazy places and got epic things in return. Trying to finish Project Purity. And the whole finding you Dad. As well as the Gary Vault. I just found it a lot more enjoyable.

lol you got it all wrong. NCR, in New Vegas, is hardly the law and order people (initially). It's the Caesar's Legion that espouse Law and Order (except there's the slavery thing and the men only thing - they're all gay apparently). NCR is disjointed, badly supplied, stretched too thin and even though they really do want to establish law and order they can't, effectively enough.

"The whole Brotherhood fighting the Enclave. "? Simply because they're both using power armor they're now more epic? The NCR-CL is EXACTLY the same thing, just without the power armor.

Jan 10, 2011 7:59 AM

entropy13 said:

lol you got it all wrong. NCR, in New Vegas, is hardly the law and order people (initially). It's the Caesar's Legion that espouse Law and Order (except there's the slavery thing and the men only thing - they're all gay apparently). NCR is disjointed, badly supplied, stretched too thin and even though they really do want to establish law and order they can't, effectively enough.

"The whole Brotherhood fighting the Enclave. "? Simply because they're both using power armor they're now more epic? The NCR-CL is EXACTLY the same thing, just without the power armor.

Okay sorry if I get the few details wrong.
And no I don't think because they have power armor they're more epic. Though I guess that does add a slight epic factor to them. I thought their quests we're a lot more interesting, and enjoyable. Getting captured by the Enclave, only to take them out from the inside, or visiting an old Power Factory place to find Arc Reactors. I can't really remember every quest. But I enjoyed Fallout 3 a lot more overall. I guess because Fallout 3 was a new approach, and it was the start of the Obliviony-But-With-Guns-Instead-Of-Magic-And-Swords. And New Vegas was just this huge disappointment in comparison for me. It was like the exact same game, but with new textures, added things, and a few things mixed about. The whole game felt like it was copied and pasted. And do you know how many times they reused the same voice actors for like over 90% of the characters.

Jan 14, 2011 6:27 AM

There is an price drop (that fast?? O.O) Its 30 euros now. *goes to the Media Market*

Jan 14, 2011 1:44 PM

That's not cheap at all :s it's been £17 recently for console, and as cheap as £13 for pc, but that was temporary.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]