Forum Settings
Forums
New
Open source?
Oct 18, 2010 3:40 AM

Nov 2007
Hello everyone!

Nearly 5 months have passed since the first public release of Taiga. I guess it would be fair to say that hundreds of hours I've spent on it developed into something useful. Many thanks to everyone, especially saka, for your continuous support.

However, in the last two months, my life took a dramatic change. I am simply unable to find much free time to work on Taiga anymore. That's why I wasn't able to make new releases since the last one in August. And it seems that development of Taiga will go on at a slower rate from now on.

Okay, enough with the bad news... (: My original plan was to wait until version 1.0 to release the source code of Taiga. Now that I have to change my plans, I decided to release it earlier. In fact, now! Just visit http://code.google.com/p/taiga/ and see for yourself. Hopefully, this will also help development of other clients and benefit the MyAnimeList community as a whole.

There's also a new release with some bug fixes, be sure to update the one you use. Cheers!
erengyJul 5, 2017 5:07 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 18, 2010 6:25 AM

Apr 2007
Woo! :D
Though my C++ is a "bit" rusty so if I wanted to add something it would probably take me ages ;P
----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version 3.12 '''(Updated: 29/05/15)'''
GCM/GCS d s:+ a C++(+++) UL-- P L+(-) E-- W++ N++
o? K? w++(++++) O--- M--- V-- PS@ PE+ Y+ PGP++@
t+ 5 X+ R++ tv b DI D++ G e h!* r* y-
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Oct 18, 2010 10:13 AM

May 2008
downloaded MSVC++ but I don't really have much confidence in more than minor changes. Most of my C++ experience is just simple command line apps. I take it you'll still be around for questions/mentoring?

I am a banana.
Oct 18, 2010 2:59 PM

Nov 2007
Zealotus said:
Woo! :D
Though my C++ is a "bit" rusty so if I wanted to add something it would probably take me ages ;P

I see what you did there, geek. :D

saka said:
downloaded MSVC++ but I don't really have much confidence in more than minor changes. Most of my C++ experience is just simple command line apps. I take it you'll still be around for questions/mentoring?

Well, of course. Can't say that I'm an expert either but I'll try to help as much as I can.

You're going to need Boost libraries in order to compile the project: http://www.boost.org/
Hmm, now that I think about it, I've written my own string functions since I first started using Boost and I'm using it only for a single function now. I guess I should try to get rid of the dependency entirely. (Edit: Done, you don't need it anymore.)
erengyOct 18, 2010 5:15 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Recognition problems ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

erengy - Jun 3, 2010

300 by Xeroeth »»
Aug 9, 2021 2:24 PM

» any new news on Taiga working?

xDreww - Nov 23, 2019

5 by cHowaito »»
Jul 28, 2021 6:25 AM

Sticky: » Bug reports, general problems ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

erengy - Jun 3, 2010

1122 by DeFF »»
Jun 23, 2021 10:53 PM

» Dark theme?

Hyoretsu - Dec 12, 2019

1 by Squirt_lel »»
Jul 14, 2020 6:59 AM

» Error when synchronizing list (Since MAL API Update)

dadnaya - May 24, 2018

20 by xDreww »»
Nov 23, 2019 5:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.