3It was OK
5.1%
2Disliked it
2.6%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.7
39 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2010 11:03 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Snakes back!!!!!
Oct 19, 2010 11:03 AM

Mar 2010
So, it was Snake that killed Phelps after all. And now he will be a part of the Phantomhive household.

Sebastian's epitaph was hilarious! "May ye be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead." XD
Oct 19, 2010 2:43 PM
Apr 2008
Snake's back :D Though I hated that Ciel lied to him about the Circus crew... interesting, so Snake is now part of the Phantomhive household.
Next chapter's going to be a new arc, huh? Looking forward to it!
Oct 19, 2010 4:13 PM

Oct 2008
Snake!! I never suspected that it was him. That was very surprising. XD
I kinda can't believe that every just accepted that Sebastian was still alive so easily though... They all saw him 'dead' after all. ^^;

Discordia said:
Sebastian's epitaph was hilarious! "May ye be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead." XD

I noticed that too. XDDD
Oct 19, 2010 5:09 PM

Oct 2009
after i found out snake was still alive i kept thinking "please ciel and sebastian pleeeeease don't kill him" i'm so happy ceil let him stay in the mansion
Oct 19, 2010 8:53 PM

Dec 2008
To those who agree that the manga overpowers the anime [plot-wise] by a long shot, say AYE!

Good to see Snake back in action, yet this does rouse my curiousity on what Ciel and Sebastian have in store for him. Hmm~
~ SilentMuse, At Your Service. ~
Oct 19, 2010 9:05 PM

Aug 2010
SilentMuse said:
To those who agree that the manga overpowers the anime [plot-wise] by a long shot, say AYE!
Sebastian have in store for him. Hmm~

AYE! lol.
yay. snake is back. now i'm hoping snake won't die later. (crosses fingers)
Oct 20, 2010 4:01 AM

Oct 2009
This chapter was funny)). I'm glad there's a new character in the Phantomhive House).
Oct 20, 2010 6:16 AM

Jun 2008
safety coffin...lol!!
and everyone else believed it just like tat!
Oct 20, 2010 6:53 AM

Mar 2010
DinaraC said:
safety coffin...lol!!

That was pretty lame. lol
Oct 20, 2010 8:47 AM
Aug 2008
DinaraC said:
safety coffin...lol!!

lol the safety coffin thing was actually supposed to be common back then since people were so afraid to be buried alive that they made that little contraption attached to the coffins...

but hooray for a new part of the Phantomhive household!!!
Oct 20, 2010 3:19 PM

Aug 2010
Love snake's dialogues :)
I wonder what Ciel's plans are for adding him the household and lying to him.
Really excited for the new arc!

Best panel in this chapter ;)

Oct 20, 2010 3:44 PM

Nov 2008
Ciel sure knows how to charm people. But I do not know why he would need that guy. And it was actually very surprising to see that guy return. I'm sure that there are lot of people that did not expect events to unfold like this.

Also I thought that maybe Sebastian would have to go on disguise but I'm glad he came up with that, it would have been wired to see another butler. But for some reason the method used was kind of, shall we say, stupid. I did not like it, but I cannot argue its effectives considering that during that time, people did install those bells on their graves.

And finally a new arc! I hope that it will be for more interesting than this previous one and that some of the tense dark moments of the early arcs return. I'll be looking forward to the next chapter!
Oct 21, 2010 4:19 AM

Jul 2008
I died laughing at how Soma and Agni sent Snake to go assassinate Ciel. It was perfect. xD

BEGINNER
Oct 21, 2010 10:34 AM

Apr 2009
adamantine said:
I died laughing at how Soma and Agni sent Snake to go assassinate Ciel. It was perfect. xD
yeah, that was definetely somwthing Ciel and Sebastioan couldn't predict! lol

And wow, I didn't expect Snake to show up, even though there was a hint at it when they cought a snake in Ciel's room. I wonder what Ciel is planning.

An LOL at the "revival" scene! Interesting how the Undertaker grinned while saying "I haven't seen that happen before", almost as if he were being sarcastic...

I also reallyl liked the phrase on the first page, with Ciel, saying "I lie with my left eye" Anyone else find it interesting that it was put into this chapter?
Oct 21, 2010 11:36 AM

Oct 2008
I can't believe Ciel ask Snake to join him...
Oct 21, 2010 2:22 PM

Nov 2008
Lame deus ex machina.... but yayz for Snake, and it's so cruel for Ciel to lie to him, like he never cared about all those people (and he does not, as I assume).
Oct 21, 2010 5:05 PM

Oct 2008
SilentMuse said:

AYE! XD

Maybe Ciel thinks Snake could be useful for assassinating people?? I'm really interested to see what the new arc will be about though. I wonder if it will involve Snake.
Oct 21, 2010 5:11 PM

Aug 2010
Snake <3
Soma & Agni were in this chapter, that alone made me happy~
& I love how no questions how Sebastian is still alive...
& How seeing the Undertaker was nice too, I missed him a lot.

[T.C.O] | [C.C.O]
Oct 21, 2010 5:23 PM

Jun 2009
I agree with you, I miss the undertaker a lot too. I also miss Grell a lot. Although I thought the chapter was kind of cheesy, I enjoyed the return of Snake

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Oct 21, 2010 6:51 PM

Apr 2009
New arc next chapter! Yesss.
And snakes back.. interesting.

I thought they were going to bury Sebby and he'd have to walk around secretly. That would be lame. I prefer it this way. And no questions asked, eh?
Oct 22, 2010 3:00 AM

Mar 2010
Hahaha, it's funny~! I like this chapter~! And, YAY, SNAKE IS BAAAAAACK!!! <333
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2010 10:23 AM
Jul 2010
And so Snake joins the family!

Yay! :-)

I wonder who's next ...
Oct 29, 2010 3:08 PM

Aug 2009
Agni was the highlight of this chapter xD

Ahh, safety coffins, I love the Victorians hahaha~
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Oct 31, 2010 3:42 PM

Apr 2009
Ciel and Sebastian are surrounded by idiots. ^_^;
Oct 31, 2010 4:47 PM
Jun 2010
SilentMuse said:

Good to see Snake back in action, yet this does rouse my curiousity on what Ciel and Sebastian have in store for him. Hmm~

AYE! =D

I agree with everything you said, though I have a nasty feeling that Ciel will be using Snake to do his dirty work during the next arc and then dispose of him by the end =(
Also, since the Phantomhive servants killed all of the First-Tier members from the circus, will someone accidentally slip up and admit to it? Perhaps I'm picking at the plot too much XDDDD
Admittedly, during Sebastian's burial, I thought that Ciel had Snake killed and Sebastian's body in the coffin was actually Snake's, and that Sebastian would be posing as Snake for the rest of the time. D8 Why does it seem as though I have no faith in Ciel? XDDDDD
Nov 1, 2010 7:22 AM
Mar 2008
Is it just me, or were there more sparkles than usual in this chapter? >.>
I'm excited to see Snake back. Assuming he'd put on a front as a servant like the others, I wonder what role he'll have in the Phantomhive household? Let's see how long the lying game goes on for. This should be fun!

stickymochi said:
Ciel and Sebastian are surrounded by idiots. ^_^;

Heh, so true, but at least they're hilarious idiots. Especially Agni and Soma.
Dec 1, 2010 9:33 PM

May 2008
lol @ Soma

I wasn't surprised Snake made an appearance again. Kuroshisuji doesn't seem like the type of manga that would just leave the fate of a support character open ended just because their arc has ended. Snake's last scene in the circus arc had a sort of "to be continued" feel to it.

I'm really curious on Snake's reaction when he finds out they lied though..
They did lie about what happened to joker and them right? The lie was just sneakily put, i kind of believed him in a round a bout way (like oh..they're happier off because they're dead now?)
"I've read so much manga that at times my mind works in comic panels and dramatically expressed chibis. I'm both ashamed and amused by this."

Dec 20, 2010 8:08 PM

Apr 2007
lol Soma, you are the best xD

Snake will fit in with the other servants very well, since they're all weird in some way. To me it feels like he was persuaded too easily, but whatever. All Snake needs is a group of friends who will accept him. Though I'm sure he'll end up learning the truth someday.
Mar 16, 2011 12:03 PM
Sep 2010
adamantine said:

This was an awesome an hilarious chapter. I could not stop laughing. I wasn't satisfied when I thought the arc ended, bu there was so many twist and turns that I failed to notice and in the end it was a satifying arc.
Uploader53
Sep 18, 2014 1:31 AM

Dec 2012
Lol dat tackle xD snake joins
Jan 3, 2016 10:17 PM

Jan 2014
God, I love Soma and Agni.
Feb 14, 2017 8:03 AM

Jan 2016
That's cruel Ciel
Snake won't ever see them again ):
Jan 23, 2018 5:41 PM
Dec 2016
RileyReid said:
That's cruel Ciel
Snake won't ever see them again ):

Well he might when he dies

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuro Shitsuji Chapter 5 Discussion

zq - Jul 7, 2008

23 by Emmuhzx »»
Yesterday, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 211 Discussion

TheMangaManiac - Apr 18

1 by calzonepocket »»
Apr 18, 5:54 AM

» a small disscussion on how you feel about black buttler?

Hydroalbidius - Mar 17

3 by Hydroalbidius »»
Apr 17, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 36 Discussion

Jellyfish13 - Aug 20, 2009

29 by Embient »»
Apr 13, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 210 Discussion

EfiChan - Mar 20

4 by EfiChan »»
Mar 27, 5:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.