Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2008 3:51 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I love the female AI's voice acting in this episode, really sex-...uh, funny. Yeah, funny.
KinetaNov 25, 2012 10:47 AM
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 5, 2010 11:43 AM

Nov 2009
Good beginning of the series. Main character is very easy going. A little too much i would say. Like him a lot already.
Jun 29, 2011 9:26 AM

Apr 2009
Woah he broke Betty in one go! And still got signed up because they're now technically at war. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 30, 2011 9:28 PM

Nov 2010
I liked it, it was a good introduction to the main character and the psychological testing was pretty funny.
May 28, 2012 6:28 PM

Jul 2010
hahahaha he's funny.
Sep 10, 2012 7:18 PM

Sep 2011
tylor is a fucking bro. I can tell im really going to enjoy this series, reminds me alot of martian successor nadesico

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 21, 2014 2:30 PM

Jul 2008
Why couldn't GTO be funny AND have amazing animation like this?
Mar 3, 2014 3:02 PM

Jun 2013
OH MY GOD!!!! XD LOL!!! It has Been A While, Since i have Seen Nineties Anime's...But this once again Shows me that There is So many Total Pearls in the Depths of that Decade...This is, I have to say, Very nice Start for most likely hilarious Anime.

Now...I know Why TV Tropes Side Say, That Tylor is Either Lucky Bastard or Magnificent Bastard...and If he is Genius or Idiot....and That it is For Every Viewer To Decide....Personally I don't know if he is Manipulator..Or just Guy who wants to get Easy,......!!! XD REALLY HILARIOUS TOUGH!!!!
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jul 31, 2014 6:51 PM

Jan 2010
So he turned a military training and recruitment program into a virtual reality dating service.

I'm enjoying this far more than I should.
Nov 13, 2014 6:03 AM

Aug 2013
That oldschool OP :D!

Of course it's Wang who's behind the emperor's death so he can wage war against the uh what's the other force called again lol.

Tylor is awesome! He should have gotten in sales or something. Even conquered a female super AI haha! Can modern day male MCs do that? I don't think so!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 9, 2015 12:36 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I picked this up on the cheap and I'm glad I did. It has that delicious cheezy 90's look and easygoing humor going for it. I hope it makes for entertaining viewing throughout.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 14, 2015 11:39 AM

Aug 2013
Amazing first episode, Tylor seems like a really great protagonist and chock full of charisma.
Jul 25, 2015 2:44 PM

Sep 2014
Tylor you wonderful crazy man. EP 1.

Plot: Tylor is a man of simple needs and desires. So why not enter the space force to get that easy life and pension while a war is going? It's not like its going to be hard. Right?

Character: I like Tylor within the first few minutes. Just a chill but goofy man. And a ladies man at that. Wow. On the other side, we've got a child emperor with a lot to prove as she leads her people, a sneak who's got some spiderwebs brewing in the empire, and a secretive dude who may be the honorable man on the other side.

Bonus goes to the 2 warring high council guys on earth. Their bickering is kinda funny.

OST: I like the OP fine but man that ED is just wonderful.

5/5. Just a great opener in a 90's anime.

AarroninJul 25, 2015 2:54 PM

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Oct 10, 2015 12:31 AM

Mar 2008
Really digging the Raalgon Empire's designs.

The scenes with particularly animated facial expressions like the Queen's and some close-ups of Tylor were interesting to see. I don't think I've really ever seen that before.
Jan 8, 2019 5:46 PM
Feb 2018
Decided to start watching this just because I wanted something older to watch. To me, seems like I made the right decision! The Raalgon empire blames the UPSF for the death of their emperor and now Tylor thinks that joining the Space Force is going to be easy! I like his character so far, he seems stupid but then again, he is a total ladies man. Not sure what Captain Dome is up too, if he is up to anything at all! The art is dated for sure but the oldschool hand-drawn style pulls me in and it has a charm too it already. Episode 2 next! 5/5
May 7, 2020 11:02 PM

Jul 2015
Not even 30 seconds in and the mc is already naked, guys this is going to be a great series by the looks of it

I like the Tylor so far, an idiot but also a smooth talker even wooing the AI lol

Jul 31, 2022 7:27 PM
Jun 2020
This is such a strange series for me, but I'm now 20 eps in and have gotten to enjoying it quite a bit (it just felt like it took 7-8 episodes to start liking it somehow). So as long as you aren't put off by the show too much, I recommend sticking with it :)
May 14, 2023 10:27 AM
May 2023
Very nice ngl frfr
Sep 30, 2023 5:09 PM

Apr 2020
Did Tylor just make the AI orgasm?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor Episode 23 Discussion

Beatnik - May 29, 2008

34 by xthewarwithinx »»
Apr 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor Episode 6 Discussion

storm-12 - Feb 7, 2010

9 by wallus81 »»
Mar 14, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor Episode 5 Discussion

storm-12 - Feb 7, 2010

10 by wallus81 »»
Mar 14, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor Episode 4 Discussion

ScrewBall - Dec 14, 2009

19 by Kristiwazhere »»
Sep 26, 2023 10:35 PM

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor Episode 11 Discussion

ScrewBall - Dec 20, 2009

11 by YokaiVapor »»
Jul 6, 2023 9:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.