Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Apr 23, 2016 9:13 PM
Oct 2011
SovereignSky said:
I love the movie as a whole, as I wasn't confused by the genre change (space opera to hard sci-fi) as I watch pretty much every genre. Gundam 00 as a whole is my fav Gundam. The movie is a 7/10 while series is 8-9/10. I felt Feldt's romance, which I might agree was shoehorned, progressed way more than Marina x Setsuna ever did (the manga ending would downgrade the movie to 5/10 so let's not count it).

I agree with you and Naschyamamoto.

While parts of the movie could have been better (for example, I still don't buy Sanji, and therefore Louise, leaving the ship before the final battle) I enjoyed the movie quite a bit even if the ending could have had a bit longer of an epilogue in order to show the other members of Celestial Being one more time.

The two TV seasons made Gundam 00 my favorite Gundam show so far as well and among my favorite anime.

I also agree for a relatively late addition they did a pretty good job working in Feldt's feelings for Setsuna pretty smoothly from prior events despite it being a relatively new thing.
Apr 28, 2016 10:07 PM

Mar 2015
I love this movie a lot. A nice message at the end of the story.

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding"
This salad is salty favored
Jun 15, 2016 10:12 AM

Jul 2008
I was going to give this a solid 7, but then that ending fraked everything so I dropped it to a 5/10.

Seriously answered nothing and just ended with no explanation except a flower bloomed in space, just WTF?! Then random WTF timeskip.

I'd also love to know just how Schenberg predicted everything 200 years prior and created all that tech too.
Sep 5, 2016 1:42 AM

Jun 2016
6 years too late, but I gave it 7/10.
I was going to rate it 9/10 when I saw action scenes, after a bit of time, I decided on 8, but ending was so bad I gave it 7/10, space flower, really?... I was going to give 6/10 to it but I spared movie because action was very good...
Feb 24, 2017 4:51 PM

Aug 2011
I'm really sad this movie was so mediocre at best, because I enjoyed the series immensely.

The plot just isn't engaging and the ending is bullshit. Aliens are invading and they need to stop it by understanding them through GN particle bullshit. Setsuna succeeds and goes to their home planet (I think). A flower blooms in space. Setsuna fuses with the aliens or something. There I saved you 2 hours.

Didn't enjoy the shoehorned Setsuna/Feldt since they were clearly never going to end up together. I think Marina & Setsuna have a very deep connection but are not attracted to each other. Honestly this movie made me think Setsuna is asexual lmfao.

Loved the action scenes though.

5/10
Mar 8, 2017 1:20 PM

Jan 2016
Esper said:
I love this movie a lot. A nice message at the end of the story.

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding"

Me too. So that was plan from Aoia Schenenberg...

Just watch the movie as I really like first season and absolutely love!!! the second one but I am bit confused how I think about the movie
I am happy to see all characters again that is for sure and I also see the sense in it and development of Setsuna and him becoming a real innovater but the story around was....little disappointing

I still have so much more left questions and I wanted to see more interactions between the characters!!

So less Saji/Louise and Setsuna/Marina. I wanted to know how they moved on after 2 years and Setsuna and Marina had a strong connection and they only have the ending scene together???

I want to know what will be with the characters afterwards? Is the manga also ending after this story??
Mar 8, 2017 1:22 PM

Jan 2016
As loving the anime series a lot this is so much not satisfying :P
Mar 10, 2017 4:01 AM

Jan 2016
Is Graham Aker really dead? And Sergei's son?
May 15, 2017 3:30 AM

Apr 2009
This show became Macross.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2017 2:29 PM

Dec 2015
Logical epilogue of the series. Faithful to it in terms of action (only better made thanks to the format). But it was far too long: for a 2h movie,it seemed rather empty. Despite the length, while the message was good, its treatment was incredibly succinct. The ET species, as the main element, was also quite underdeveloped.

Enjoyment: 4/5
Score: 6./10 Still better than the second half of the show.

ezaya said:
This show became Macross.

"became"? If it's about the communication with extraterrestrial species, this was suggested as soon as the first half of the series when Schenberg's vision was exposed). This point of the movie was why the end of the second half sounded as we missed a whole part of the story (a dialogue line about potential contact wasn't enough).
May 19, 2018 10:10 AM

Jan 2013
i honestly don't see whats all the fuss and hate about. this movie alone was much better than the two gundam00 seasons combined. got my full enjoyments worth of fun from it. it's to my liking to see sunrise doing something "unorthodox" for once. you can go on and on about muh overused alien tropes, but if done right, great original movies such as this1 are born.
Aug 25, 2018 3:22 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I hated the last 15 minutes and ending of this movie.
The ending is awful - they did not explain what the fuck happened to the rest of the cast aside from setsuna and useless marina.
This movie is not as good as the previous two seasons.

Oh, and feldt falling in love with setsuna felt forced.
Jun 18, 2019 7:47 AM

Feb 2014
This movie was a splendid finale to all the buildup we had all those seasons. It perfectly connects those plot into the true final round of the Aeolia plan. Every remaining character from the past had a part to play and they played it well. The conclusion filled the theory we all had been expecting for. Overall a good conclusion to an epic series.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 13, 2020 7:53 PM

Jun 2013
I found the flower in the space very mushy.
Aug 5, 2020 3:19 AM

Sep 2013
I only saw itt recently. THe animation is great as always and the new gundams all look cool. The thing I didn't like it that the movie is 75% about fighting CGI space spikes and the conclusion afterwards wasn't satisfying at all for me..."it's an alien spaceship" yeah we kinda knew already...
Setsuna does nothing most of the movie and then he gets his new Gundam and ofc it's a gamechanger in this battle, but it's all very rushed and the main conclusion HAPPENS OFF SCREEN. Like WTF?
The epilogue also explains very litttle. None of tthe Gundam Meisters are shown except Setsuna...
The thing is, is that this movie is such a heavy contrast with the series that I just want to disregard it in general
~Stay there for me, trapped in memories~
Feb 8, 2021 12:21 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Never watch gundam series before, or i just forget this one in my childhood, idk. Mostly i aggree with comment above me, the ending conclusion really put my mouth in a bad taste. However, its still fine for the movie format standard, tho. Not so bad, but not so great either, honestly. The story wise just not so convincing at my own standard.

For my tastes, this is surely be enough at 7-8/10 scores. So, by looking at the average rating, it was decent.

Guess i just stick this one at my 7/10, then. In the end, i may looking forward to see another season or movie of this....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 23, 2022 2:21 AM

Oct 2013
Fist half of the movie was amazing. The suspens/horror atmosphere is something unique for Gundam and I really loved seeing it combined with the usual mecha and geopolitical stuff. Second half drops a bit with too much (well directed and compelling though) fighting and explosions. Still, I think Setsuna character arc was handled very well and the ending he got really sat well with the themes of the series. His Silver Surfer reunion with marina was touching.
I didn't really feel the need to see what happened to the rest of the cast, they will be obviously fine in the ever changing world.

Solid 7/10. I wish we saw more of the Vajra ELSes when Setsuna reache out to them instead of 15 minutes of epic lazors. Everything else was pretty good.

P.S. The girl attacked by the ELSes not only got better, but also became some kind of immortal half metal newtype wearing a Ben 10 suit. Based and best girl.
Apr 23, 2022 8:31 PM

Sep 2020
Overall pretty good but so much wasted/unrealized potential. Don't get me wrong, I understood most of the underlying meanings and messages, but a lot of stuff just ended up pointless, namely:

- Descartes Shaman was a great character who ultimately amounted to nothing. I thought for sure he was going to get assimilated and return during the final battle as a pseudo-villain.

- All the hype for the new QAN[T] Gundam and it barely makes an appearance before literally blipping away

- That rushed epilogue

Here's how it should've ended:

Descartes comes back as semi-assimiliated or an ELS clone and fights Setsuna, given some of that sweet QANT Gundam action we all wanted. During the battle a desperate Setsuna unleashes a galaxy-wide particle field which links everyone on Earth with the ELS. Peace achieved, flower and all (I thought it was cool and fitting). Quantum Setsuna visits Marina and basically does the same thing as in the epilogue before warping off.

Epilogue 1: show the lives of everybody 1-2 or 5 years after
Epilogue 2: same as original
Epilogue 2.5: Metal Setsuna returns to Marina's grave with a bundle of flowers, screen pans to the flower-covered Gundam

~Fin~

As it stands, it would've been better with all the mains dying (Setsuna excluded) in the final battle so the lack of follow-up in the original epilogue wouldn't be a problem. But you can't upset the fans, right?

Anyways, like I said I did enjoy the movie. But I can't help but feel like this wasn't needed to be made since the series ended on a good enough note. Or they should've gone with another human anti-government terror group or gov't coup plotline instead. 8/10
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Oct 5, 2022 9:27 AM

Mar 2013
7~<≠8/10...
Ending was disappointing but I still love the series and the characters. It would be nice if they extended the story. That was too short. (⁠ب⁠_⁠ب⁠)

I will miss Setsuna and Feldt.
CrazyButNot4UOct 5, 2022 9:31 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 18, 2023 8:53 AM

Jul 2016
That indestructable impostor Ribbons scene tho. Who put sci-fi horror in my Gundam?

For 00 to conclude with an alien invasion being triumphed through understanding is pretty on-brand, though a flower in space is a little cheesy. Very solid overall tho.
Jan 15, 4:21 AM

Jul 2017
Honestly, i'm in love with this ending, i think it fits perfectly with the themes and the forshadowings present in the show from the start, and it's also very symbolic.
The only thing i wished to be better was the epilogue, i would've loved to see the other characters after Marina and Setsuna.
Absolutely a 9/10 for me.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» The Ending

Pegorge - Jan 23, 2011

17 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 5, 2022 9:40 AM

» Mobile Suit Gundam 00 10th anniversary event announced a new sequel is in production.

DatRandomDude - Apr 14, 2018

11 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 5, 2022 7:46 AM

Poll: » Can't decide who is best girl. Help!

NakoP - Sep 7, 2022

4 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 5, 2022 7:45 AM

» Manga Ending: Gundam 00 Movie: Awakening of the Trailblazer

deg - Jan 4, 2011

25 by Bulma777 »»
Mar 10, 2017 4:11 AM

» Big fan quetion

Bulma777 - Dec 26, 2016

0 by Bulma777 »»
Dec 26, 2016 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.