Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 10, 2010 8:34 PM

Aug 2009
PaninaManina said:
The one more basic quality of Soredemo is the casual feeling of his aleatory events and character's interactions. The anime is artificial, aways forcing jokes e shouting "look who i am cool".
Excuse me but are you reading different manga from what I read? Manga humour at that chapter was even more forced and artificial than this.

The first few chapters were always the weakest period of SoreMachi manga; forced unfunny humour that only produces over-the-top feelings. I didn't even chuckled when Ayashiyama was pretending to be statue in manga. I did in this adaptation. I didn't laugh when fat guy got punched by her, I did in this adaptation.

I don't get how SHAFT direction doesn't fit this manga. Sure, it sort of ruins some of realistic feelings, only slight honestly. However, their execution of humour itself and characterisation was as good as manga, or even better.
Oct 10, 2010 8:59 PM

Jan 2008
Good stuff
Oct 10, 2010 10:16 PM

Jun 2007
quite good first episode
kinda of funny and weird but still good

i like it
Oct 10, 2010 10:16 PM

Jun 2007
quite good first episode
kinda of funny and weird but still good

i like it
Oct 10, 2010 10:40 PM

Sep 2009
This was a little different from what I was expecting...but now that I'm reminded that this is made by Shaft, I'm ok with it. The show became funnier the more I watched. Also, there's just something likable about Arashiyama and Tatsuno.
Oct 10, 2010 10:42 PM
Jul 2018
i liked the first episode, the main girl who also does the red haired chick from arakawa i believe has a unique sounding voice.
Oct 11, 2010 1:01 AM

Apr 2010
I'm still trying to figure out what I just watched. It's definitely different from most of the fall shows.

The way it presents itself reminds me of Maria Holic, then I saw that a couple of the staff members were involved with that show. So it makes sense. Hopefully it will get better in further episodes like that show did.

I was trying to figure why Hotori's seiyu sounded familiar. Apparently she voiced Mutsumi(the judo club leader) in Seitokai Yakuindomo.
tangytangerineOct 11, 2010 1:10 AM
Oct 11, 2010 1:03 AM

May 2009
jpem said:
i liked the first episode, the main girl who also does the red haired chick from arakawa i believe has a unique sounding voice.

Yeah, she does. It looks like she is one of those seiyuus that SHAFT love (just like Kamiya Hiroshi) and will always voice some character in almost every show they make.
Oct 11, 2010 2:56 AM

Jun 2009
Did gg really release trollsubs of this show? I don't want to waste my MBs.
Oct 11, 2010 3:03 AM

Aug 2009
garytek said:
Their sub was fine for me.
Oct 11, 2010 3:34 AM

Jun 2009
ringoo4 said:
garytek said:
Their sub was fine for me.

Ok if you say so. gg got downranked pretty hard as a subgroup on this so I had to make sure.
Oct 11, 2010 3:37 AM

Sep 2009
lol at the OP :P
Oct 11, 2010 3:43 AM

Feb 2010
haha i like it.
Oct 11, 2010 4:12 AM

Sep 2008
viral_hun said:
jpem said:

Yeah, she does. It looks like she is one of those seiyuus that SHAFT love (just like Kamiya Hiroshi) and will always voice some character in almost every show they make.

Shes about half the reason why I'm watching this. :p
Oct 11, 2010 4:27 AM

Oct 2008
3/5 for the first ep
I expected better
Oct 11, 2010 7:37 AM

Aug 2009
Man...I really hate Maka's voice (but she was okay in Arakawa).

This wasn't too bad. I love the OP a lot.
Oct 11, 2010 10:59 AM

Jun 2008
I liked this anime and it's first episode. It reminds me a little of Natsu no Arashi!, which I didn't like it as much as this one. I had pretty much laugh of the episode compare to other animes of this seasons anime.

Hopes to see more progress of Sanada and Hitori.
Oct 11, 2010 12:31 PM

Apr 2010
garytek said:

They screwed up the subs the first time and released a V2. Which fixes a lot of the problems, like the teacher explaining how he figured she copied someone's homework. The easy way to tell which version you're watching is that in the OP, they changed "Let's be gay" to "Let's be happy".
Oct 11, 2010 6:11 PM

Jun 2009
tangytangerine said:
garytek said:

They screwed up the subs the first time and released a V2. Which fixes a lot of the problems, like the teacher explaining how he figured she copied someone's homework. The easy way to tell which version you're watching is that in the OP, they changed "Let's be gay" to "Let's be happy".

Yeah I know. I just wanted to verify that the V2 was a real fix. Some users in gg's website commented that even the V2 was horrible so that confused me. For shits and giggles I downloaded the V1 and it DOES look like it was made by Commie (lmao).

As for the anime itself, the art and the animation is top-notch. I wish I could say the same about everything else. Arakawa's eccentric comedy and fact pace worked because the premise was already weird and unrealistic to begin with. In Soredemon's case, it just makes everything look dumb and geared towards the lowest common denominator.
Oct 11, 2010 6:13 PM

Aug 2009
hmm.. it wasn't bad.. and it had its good moments. but after the middle it felt kinda repetitive and made me get bored! :/
so i guess i won't be following this.. 3/5
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Oct 11, 2010 7:46 PM
Mar 2010
That wasn't a bad first episode, I just got to get used to the humor a bit. The seiyuus are a win for me
Oct 11, 2010 9:04 PM
Feb 2010
garytek said:
tangytangerine said:
garytek said:

I know. I just wanted to verify that the v2 was a real fix. Some users on gg's website commented that even the v2 was horrible so that confused me. For fun I downloaded the v1 and it does look like Commie's handiwork.

As for the anime itself, the art and the animation is top-notch.I wish I could say the same about everything else. Arakawa's eccentric comedy and fast pace worked because the premise was weird and unrealistic to begin with. In Soredemo's case, it just makes the show look unintelligent and geared towards the lowest common denominator.

Lol... I knew something was wrong with "Let's be gay"==. This is bad... I think that streaming websites all only have v1==. Ah, nvm, I'm not gonna watch 1 whole ep again anyway. Storyline seems pretty cliched... guessing that it's gonna be a "build a real maid cafe from 'nth' " show.
Oct 11, 2010 9:25 PM

Jun 2009
im still trying to figure out when in the fuck i just watched
Oct 11, 2010 10:36 PM

Aug 2009
You guys do know that "gay" also means "happy", don't you?
Oct 11, 2010 11:13 PM

Aug 2008
I kind of have a problem with it feeling like they reused some of the music from Natsu no Arashi. The two shows have pretty much the same feel, except this seems to be less absurd, so it's less funny.
Oct 12, 2010 12:39 AM

Dec 2008
Kind of felt like it was trying too hard.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Oct 12, 2010 4:51 AM

Jan 2009

I'm not sure but that looks like a 300 reference! I hated that movie lol. That book shelf always changes with new references. I think midori no hibi is on that too. As always they like to do random references about everything. It was an OKAY episode. Seems like the first couple of posts hate the show... it was alright, I found it funny a couple of times... The characters were okay. I'm not really a fan of shaft art but I sometimes like the way they present the animation. It's good enough for me to finish from beginning to end.
Oct 12, 2010 4:53 AM

Jan 2009

I'm not sure but that looks like a 300 reference! I hated that movie lol. That book shelf always changes with new references. I think midori no hibi is on that too. As always they like to do random references about everything. It was an OKAY episode. Seems like the first couple of posts hate the show... it was alright, I found it funny a couple of times... The characters were okay. I'm not really a fan of shaft art but I sometimes like the way they present the animation. It's good enough for me to finish from beginning to end.
Oct 12, 2010 7:35 AM

Dec 2008
Funny episode! Let me see if I can get this right: Sanada likes Arashiyama, while Tatsuno likes Sanada. I can't wait to see how this all turns out.

Unfortunately, there are a few things that don't seem right in this show.

You are not going to make me believe that Harihara is a girl and a high school student. She is the homeliest thing I've seen in the history of anime!!!

Isohata is not a grandma, but is a grandpa for sure!!
Oct 12, 2010 7:59 AM

Mar 2009
I wasn't planning to watching this but i took a look and its great (:
Oct 12, 2010 11:08 AM

Jun 2009
I liked it, maybe not that funny, but very relaxing show. Hoping for some Arashiyama x Sanada development.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 12, 2010 3:46 PM
Sep 2009
Weird anime to me somehow... the comedy is not really funny, the 2D animations are fine but doesn't really match the 3Ds... especially when the CGI sucks (classroom scene, the tables are floating in the classroom).
Oct 12, 2010 4:36 PM

Jul 2009
VillettaIchihara said:

Agreed much:

I liked this episode, made me laugh on a couple occasion =D. Looking forward for more =)
Oct 12, 2010 5:35 PM
Sep 2009
Okay, first episode and I'm already sold on this one, might be my favorite of the season.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Oct 12, 2010 7:37 PM

May 2010
This reminded me of Araka- Wait.. SHAFT?? Then, I'm watching this.. :)
Oct 12, 2010 9:54 PM

Feb 2010
I expected horrible overused MEIDO fanservice, instead I got something that is actually nice to watch and not full of crap
Oct 13, 2010 10:51 AM
Jan 2010
Ok, that was one of the ugliest and stupid series i've ever watched! it reminded me a lot of arikawa under the bridge (i like that serie, the are stupid, and it's funny) but is this anime it was just ugly and boring..... Hotori was just too stupid and big headed..... i just didn't like it, and only after one episode! i actually thought this was going to be something like Kaichou wa Maid-sama! but i got disapointed, if this really gets better later in the episodes or gets good ending, plz pm me and tell me that it really was worth seeing. thx :)
Do you turn left where nothing is right or do you turn right where nothing is left?
Oct 13, 2010 10:58 AM
Jan 2010
Gunderz said:
Ok, that was one of the ugliest and stupid series i've ever watched! it reminded me a lot of arikawa under the bridge (i like that serie, the are stupid, and it's funny) but is this anime it was just ugly and boring..... Hotori was just too stupid and big headed..... i just didn't like it, and only after one episode! i actually thought this was going to be something like Kaichou wa Maid-sama! but i got disapointed, if this really gets better later in the episodes or gets good ending, plz pm me and tell me that it really was worth seeing. thx :)

hmm, when i think of it, i'm watching so much anime right now, so i'm gonna continiue, since it is SHAFT and TBS, i have high hopes that this anime got a posibility to turn and make a good ending, but since i'm watching so many other good animes, then i can watch those if i get disapointed over an episode : )
Do you turn left where nothing is right or do you turn right where nothing is left?
Oct 13, 2010 1:59 PM

Jun 2010
Yea it wasnt till the math teacher started lecturing her that I realized he is voiced by Tomakazu Sugita, that alone makes this episode good.

I thought this would be a spoof/parody anime at first, decent jokes, and didnt rely on anything moe, if anything it looked like it was making fun of the concept. Definitely worth it.
Oct 13, 2010 7:08 PM

Jul 2009
Overall... interesting. I really liked the OP because I looove Round Table, but some of the jokes weren't quite funny and the exposition was pretty weak. The characters are more or less the same ideas that Arakawa had - give everyone a gimmick and repeat - so that could get annoying. I personally was impressed with the visuals, seeing as SHAFT is usually rather un-fluid (though it is their style). The ED was fine, and I was confused by the weird porcupine bear thing that kept saying poko. Maybe it's because I don't understand Japanese... but are puns really so funny as to insert them with the scene transition? The teacher was hilarious though~ 'How did you confuse the soda machine with the coffee machine. We need to have a serious talk!'
Oct 14, 2010 10:41 AM

Feb 2009
I knew I heard that annoying voice somewhere, it is Maka from Soul Eater! Damn the voice makes the character annoying intentionally! Well that voice did fit P-ko for Arakawa Under the Bridge. Kinda funny how they trick the teacher but that was pretty it.
Oct 15, 2010 7:11 AM

Dec 2008
didn't laugh that much but it was interesting ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2010 5:10 PM

May 2009
This was... werid. Lol. Will be continueing it but I'm not sure if I liked it yet. Haha, xp
Oct 15, 2010 6:51 PM

Nov 2007
Sigh. Everything's off the mark, here. Character designs, voice talent, humour/punch lines. (And the ED karaoke but that's a fansub thing.) And I'm kind of over maid cafes with girls called Arashiyama (Natsu no Arashi, anyone?). Idk, maybe it'll get better with some tighter characterisation and gags.

Nice they got ROUND TABLE, though. Ah, nostalgia.

+I can't believe my bb, Sakurai Takahiro, is doing the voice of the Head Maid/owner! MY MIND, IT IS BLOWN.
Oct 15, 2010 8:15 PM

Feb 2008
I didn't really like this episode.. but I think the second half was better than the first. I'll give this another try, but it's definitely not my favorite this season.
Oct 16, 2010 12:36 AM

May 2009
It was ok. There were funny parts, but didn't find it that funny overall. And that one character is the definition of fugly. Tough to look at.
Oct 17, 2010 10:22 PM

Jun 2009
lvlachine said:
llamaben said:
I disliked pretty much everything about it. Annoying characters, some non-fitting voices, fail attempts at comedy, and bad OP/ED songs. The pace was fine, and animation was surprisingly good for shaft, but they don't make up for the rest of the crap dished up. Starting at 3/10.

my thoughts exactly...

Me too. It was worst than Black & white (Grey)
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Oct 24, 2010 8:04 PM

Aug 2009
The OP and ED sequences are the best part of the show.
Oct 31, 2010 8:21 AM

May 2009
zinvince said:
lvlachine said:
llamaben said:
I disliked pretty much everything about it. Annoying characters, some non-fitting voices, fail attempts at comedy, and bad OP/ED songs. The pace was fine, and animation was surprisingly good for shaft, but they don't make up for the rest of the crap dished up. Starting at 3/10.

my thoughts exactly...

Me too. It was worst than Black & white (Grey)
Hmm I don't understand the hate. Unique characters, voices fit especially main girl sounds like an idiot, some good satire and subtle humour. Teacher was hilarious. OP omg one of the best this season, however ED was..different
Oct 31, 2010 12:05 PM
Jul 2009
Despite the main character's voice being extremely annoying, some of the character designs terrifying me and the general animation leaving a lot to be desired, I think I'm going to enjoy this show.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

60 by IbnAurum »»
Apr 7, 10:35 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 23, 2010

120 by oooo3333 »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:06 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

48 by xspookydarknessx »»
Oct 14, 2023 10:31 PM

» Live-action version of the ED

rlxme - Nov 1, 2010

9 by burbels »»
Oct 14, 2023 9:00 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 21, 2010

65 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.