Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Oct 6, 2010 9:24 PM

The robots in this series sweat, cry, groan, shake with fear, gasp for breath, get tired, and even get blood-shot eyes.

Sometimes I think it's a deliberate joke, such as when trigger, who has no mouth, puffed air through a tube until he complained of getting dizzy.

A series with a premise like this, with robots at the heart of the story really needed a serious examination of what robots are and are not to allow a treatment of their relationship with humans and humanity. Instead we gets robots in name only who act human in every way. The only robot-like act was in Honi's final scene, when he claimed his program necessitated the actions he took. His reasoning made no sense, though, so I won't give the series any credit for that.

Even if they were deliberately making jokes, the premise deserved better than that and I would suspect the human was merely a cover for incompetence and/or laziness in failing to do it right.

Aug 13, 2015 1:30 PM
SPOILERS
Really a dilemma. Liked the concept of the robots and relationshoip to humans, but on the other hands it seems half hearted. The central point of the show is whether it is okay to have a relationship with robots. Since they behave perfectly like humans I would say that the aqtual question is whether these robots have some kind of consciousness or if all the responses are meant to simulate it. On the one hand we had the episode we the female robots tried to delete "painful" memories, thereby destroying a part of her identity. It indicates, since this is irational, that these robots have their own "real" mind. Contrary we had the "evil" robot who tried to kill all humans, because he was programmed to do so. In the end it is never possible to tell apart real consciousness with faked one.

Dec 6, 2016 3:55 PM

Because bad writing. It's just another shit-tier anime. I only picked it because of the art style.

Mar 15, 8:20 AM
Writer: "Let's make really advanced robots that challenge the perception of what it means to be human."

OP: "wtf no that's not real"