Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 11 Discussion

May 2, 2015 11:42 PM

I always thought Annerose was like 30+. I guess it's the way she carries herself..

Marquise Benemude is a complete idiot. Why not befriend Annerose instead and then give her the wine while sharing a drink with a "friend?" Surely it would have been a better plan instead of kidnapping her, drugging the drink infront of her, and then explaining in details how you are about to ruin her image. I do feel a bit sad for her though.

I think this episode is setting up a much bigger feud between Reinhard and Flegel(?) for later on in the story.

Kircheis winning more best bro points by saving the sister of his best friend also.

May 6, 2015 9:14 PM

Good episode, quite serious towards the end.

May 21, 2015 9:14 PM

Loved this episode. I love how LoGH will have an episode like this that'll feature a minor character that we won't see again, but it adds more depth to the world and even adds a bit to the overarching plot.

I loved Benemude's over the top drama, but I can see where she's coming from. Kinda. lol.

May 23, 2015 12:20 PM

Fantastic episode, my favourite so far. She deserved to die though, how dare she spitted on Reinhard's face ? Disgraceful bitch lmao.

May 27, 2015 11:57 AM

I find this anime really interesting. I love both main characters so far. The FPA seems more high tech and modern and the Empire being like 1800s royalty. I enjoy both societies but I definitely find the workings and schemes of the Imperial Court more interesting so far. Reminds me of the count of Monte Cristo in a way.

Am I rooting for the Empire or FPA? I really don't even know. What I enjoy the most is these guys quickly coming
up the ranks and gaining power in their respective societies. I'm really interested in who my fav character out of these two will be by the end of the anime!

Jun 20, 2015 4:04 AM

I definitely enjoyed this episode. The women got what she deserved.

Jun 30, 2015 8:31 AM

She took her time in trying to kill her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 16, 2015 2:49 PM

Annerose is too much of a goody. Try to forgive the Sussana? I think not. I would've helped hold her down and forced the poison down her throat.

Sent with Mal Updater

Aug 5, 2015 6:57 PM

that was stupid

Aug 10, 2015 10:49 PM

Marquise Benemude was beautiful.
Oh well, a sad destiny.
Many would act the way she did.

Dec 10, 2015 11:36 AM

Is there any poison in the world that can kill someone in just seconds?? Anyways decent episode.

May 30, 2016 9:14 AM

That wasn't no damn suicide, they straight up just killed the bitch! xD

I just love Reinhard's composure throughout the whole episode, you can tell he was ready to pop off at any given moment but held back.

Oct 15, 2016 5:03 PM

Best episode so far, I smell a masterpiece now.
Oh the music, amazing :D

Apr 14, 2017 8:39 PM

Somehow by the look of that annoying girl, she deserved to die and she was killed in a cruel way.

Aug 22, 2017 8:23 AM
It's not just that Marquise Benemunde deserved to die, but that she was far too dangerous to be kept alive.

Jan 10, 2018 9:02 AM

The emperor is an asshole. And so is Baron Flegel. Also, weird how forcing someone to drink poison is considered suicide in the Empire.
your waifu is shit

Jan 10, 2018 10:03 AM
SzJ said:
The emperor is an asshole. And so is Baron Flegel. Also, weird how forcing someone to drink poison is considered suicide in the Empire.

Nobles, being what they are, have this sense of importance and pride. They're told from birth that they are simply superior in all ways with noble blood, etc. So anyway, this breeds a sense of baseless pride and dedication to... themselves. Such high expectations commonly lead to nobles obviously being pretty pompous and foolish. However, the other side of a noble could mean they were overly critical of themselves, seeking perfection and not allowing for failure. These types of nobles took failure as equal to losing face. So in some cases, to be dishonored and to fail so hard would result in a noble genuinely convinced that they must take their own life to make up for their unforgivable failure.

So anyway, they reported her murder as suicide because the whole debacle pretty much meant this was the only way she could retain some honor given the circumstances. She was too dangerous and obsessed to let live, but Friedrich felt bad for her and so allowed for this "suicide".

Jan 10, 2018 11:28 AM

Pink_Noodle_Hair said:
SzJ said:

Nobles, being what they are, have this sense of importance and pride. They're told from birth that they are simply superior in all ways with noble blood, etc. So anyway, this breeds a sense of baseless pride and dedication to... themselves. Such high expectations commonly lead to nobles obviously being pretty pompous and foolish. However, the other side of a noble could mean they were overly critical of themselves, seeking perfection and not allowing for failure. These types of nobles took failure as equal to losing face. So in some cases, to be dishonored and to fail so hard would result in a noble genuinely convinced that they must take their own life to make up for their unforgivable failure.

So anyway, they reported her murder as suicide because the whole debacle pretty much meant this was the only way she could retain some honor given the circumstances. She was too dangerous and obsessed to let live, but Friedrich felt bad for her and so allowed for this "suicide".

I think they reported it as death due to sudden illness (at least, that's what they say at the end of the episode), although I think the nobles would understand what it actually meant.
your waifu is shit

Feb 5, 2018 9:07 PM
It's not just that Marquise Benemunde deserved to die, but that she was far too dangerous to be kept alive.

totally agree with this

Mar 28, 2018 12:06 AM

I liked how the narration at the end of the episode holds the kaiser responsible. The 'other woman' trope is super worn out and certainly harmful (and yeah I know this was '88). It's refreshing to see that the show views the death of the marquise as a tragedy and the kaiser as the clear culprit for treating these women like disposable playthings.

Annerose's compassion for the marquise at the end is remarkable - "Everyone, no matter who, feels sorrow. Feels pain".

Apr 17, 2018 7:34 AM
Beenemunde was the first weak character in the whole series. But she serves as a warning for Annerose’s future; Kings normally only put their consorts aside if they don’t provide an heir to the throne. There’s been no mention of a Prince yet.

The Empire and Alliance are both broken in different and terrible ways. Our sympathies are meant to be with the forces of change, represented by Yang and Reinhard.

Apart from that, this episode was merely very good and for me, the worst so far. But I’d rather watch a merely good episode of this than the best episode of, for example, “Elfen Lied”.

Aug 29, 2018 2:07 AM

Bitch, sit down. Be humble.

Nov 21, 2018 4:02 PM

The Kaiser looks like a completely senile old man. I feel bad for Annerose, she has to endure his old ass for as long as he's alive.

I didn't feel that bad for Beenemunde's suicide, but I despise Flegel taking advantage of her sorrow and shifting all the blame on her. I hope Reinhard exploits him someday

Dec 21, 2018 7:25 PM

Damn poor Annerose, I can't wait for this scum bag king to die. She seems like she's got a lot of sadness she's keeping hidden inside.

I really prefer the empire storys to the alliance's. The empire has more interesting characters so far and is just a more interesting society. I hope we get to see the lower class eventually.
come with me empty human

Feb 24, 1:05 PM

Great episode, although I guess there were some tiny mistakes from the animators' side here (or were they plotholes?) .
1) When Reuenthal and Mittermeyer notice the car with Annerose, she's sitting next to a woman with green hair, although we know from a previous scene that this woman is Annerose's servant and she has a different hair color.
2) The car itself is black, how exactly did Mittermeyer and Reuenthal "identify" the car in the woods when it was, firstly, brown, and secondly, did it even belong to Annerose or the thugs?
3) What happened to Annerose's servant and the driver? Don't tell me they were just killed by the thugs...
4) Oberstein is a deus ex machina He just followed them, and he knew about Benemunde's intentions anyway (Reinhard assigned the task to him earlier)

I would also be interested to figure out how exactly did Flegel keep the things in secret, and what did he mean by suggesting to ask for help from his uncle (the duke)?
UPD: Oh I guess it meant that the duke should tell the Emperor to execute Benemunde so that there's nobody to expose Flegel, lol. Fierce.

P.S. I can't stop thinking about the show's ED. The OP shows us the Empire characters, the ED shows us the Alliance characters... until the very end, where there's a zoom in to Julian, and then he and Reinhard look into each others' eyes! What's that supposed to mean...
Modified by St0rmblade, Feb 24, 1:12 PM

Pages (2) « 1 [2]