Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Rose of Versailles Episode 30 Discussion

Oct 5, 2010 3:11 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Andre
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)

Dec 21, 2010 4:59 AM

This episode made me cry :(

Sep 1, 2011 1:29 PM

...Er, M. Jarjyes, sir? You can't really have your daughter lead her whole life acting as a male and then suddenly tell her to stop that and be a woman and expect her to like it. That's just sudden and jarring and upsetting.

Also sorry Andre but after you tried to force yourself on her I don't feel bad for you.
Ich verstehe nicht

Sep 12, 2011 2:59 PM
Oscar laughing in the beginning described very well how I felt about the sudden turn of events. Only on her it looked a bit hysterical.

Anyway, throughout the episode I was thinking Oscar might give in to her fathers wish (especially then after he was shot and almost dead) and I was saying to myself "If Oscar marries now I'll drop the show", but gladly everythign went better than expected.

Also @ Stringed: I think you're not doing justice to Andre. Such an outburst of 20 years suppressed feelings, that he instantly regretted before anything really happened, triggered by the thought of losing eyesight and never being able to see her again is just human. A mistake of course, but it makes him human.
no more forums

Feb 20, 2013 5:37 AM

lol Oscar went to the ball dressed in her military uniform. I knew she wasn't going to choose anyone, but I really want to see her in a dress one last time before the series is over.

Still feeling bad for Andre he really loves Oscar and the thought of her getting married to another man just set him off.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"

Jun 26, 2013 9:03 AM

Poor guy.To be honest, I really want to see oscar in a dress one last time, but instead a uniform.

Oct 25, 2013 12:35 AM

Lol, oh what is her dad thinking? First raise her as a man then oops I changed my mind to wear dresses and be a woman starting now. Good for Oscar going to the ball like that.

But poor Andre indeed.

Feb 4, 2014 12:24 PM

One of the best episodes so far. this anime is getting better and better.

Oct 6, 2014 6:01 PM

Well played Oscar, well played.

Mar 10, 2015 4:27 PM

hahahaha I would give up my life for Oscar's amazing laugh

May 28, 2015 12:41 AM
Forum Moderator
Top Aidoru ♪

Oscar's father accepting Oscar's decision to forsake her womanhood to take up the duties of a man, yet still being torn at what he had done, just upped my respect for this show. A lesser show would have had the father been the cruel uptight figure forcing his daughter to live a certain way. In fact, he had already done that by bringing Oscar up as a man. Instead, he realizes that he succeed far beyond what he hoped, and there's no turning back. Yet, he can't help but feel remorse and sorrow at ruining Oscar's chances at finding happiness as a woman.

Holy crap these are complex characters. And this is on top of difficult gender and sexuality questions with no real answers.

Anyways, I'm having a dilemma with this show. I can't see Oscar as a woman, but I refer to her as a "her" or a "she." It's perhaps the weakness of the English language, or perhaps a weakness of Latin-based languages, I'm not sure. In my mind, I don't associate any feminine traits with her, but as I speak about her, I must refer to her as a woman. It feels so odd having to discern the disconnect between what I think and what I say.

Dec 14, 2015 7:34 PM
Shocked said:
Oscar's father accepting Oscar's decision to forsake her womanhood to take up the duties of a man, yet still being torn at what he had done, just upped my respect for this show. A lesser show would have had the father been the cruel uptight figure forcing his daughter to live a certain way. In fact, he had already done that by bringing Oscar up as a man. Instead, he realizes that he succeed far beyond what he hoped, and there's no turning back. Yet, he can't help but feel remorse and sorrow at ruining Oscar's chances at finding happiness as a woman.<br />
<br />
Holy crap these are complex characters. And this is on top of difficult gender and sexuality questions with no real answers. <br />
<br />
Anyways, I'm having a dilemma with this show. I can't see Oscar as a woman, but I refer to her as a &quot;her&quot; or a &quot;she.&quot; It's perhaps the weakness of the English language, or perhaps a weakness of Latin-based languages, I'm not sure. In my mind, I don't associate any feminine traits with her, but as I speak about her, I must refer to her as a woman. It feels so odd having to discern the disconnect between what I think and what I say.

Well said!

Jan 9, 2016 3:03 PM

This episode made me feel like shit, so sad. But well played from Oscar attending the party with her military outfit, cool to see Oscar's father accepting what her decision is.

Feb 25, 2016 9:39 PM

GG. Oscar plays the game perfectly, better than anyone else. What a way to attend a ball.

Apr 21, 2017 5:29 AM

I'll confess: I did a fistpump when Oscar's dad got shot - unfortunately, the worst possible outcome happened and he was able to use his condition to emotionally blackmail Oscar into going to the ball. Thankfully, Oscar is going to have none of it. Towards the end, though, her father kinda redeemed himself by deciding to let his daughter find her own happiness, for once.

Jul 7, 2017 5:47 AM

Really Dad, you can't just raise your daughter as a man for more than 20 years ever since she was born and then ask her to start to live as a girl on cue. It's not like I don't understand where he's coming from but imagine how confusing it is for her. Poor Oscar, really, alas at least she's contented with what she chose in the end. Poor Andre too but I've been saying this ever since Fersen popped up, so.
Modified by bossmama, Jul 7, 2017 5:54 AM

Jul 11, 2017 8:38 AM

"Don't lie to yourself that you're a man. You're a woman"

You fucker, I have no words right now.

Oscar gained a bit of respect from my part near the end tho, I definitely can't see her as the character that fans of the anime seem to love, but that was good.

Dec 13, 2017 6:59 PM

Oscar should follow her own path and eventually find happiness that way, even if her father has good intentions.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Apr 21, 2018 7:36 AM
O pai de Oscar se arrependeu tarde, mas ele entendeu que agora é ela quem fax as escolhas da vida. Pobre André, sinto tanto por ele.

Apr 24, 2018 12:43 PM

Respect to Lord Jarjayes! Sadly, I think Oscar's tunnel vision has become too strong; no matter how many times Andre tries to hammer hit into her thick skull, she'll continue chasing after her fleeting idea of happiness in "manhood".

And now, the revolution begins.

Jan 12, 10:10 AM

It's wonderful to see how Oscar's father starts seeing his sins and regretting what he's done to her since birth.
He saw that he could joy over her as his daughter and not as a son; becauseause her beauty is beyond and she can be desired & loved as a woman.