Forum Settings
Forums
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
#1
Oct 5, 2010 9:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 3916
This is to bring to the table who would have been considered the first anime character that was of the tsundere description.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

 
#2
Oct 13, 2010 8:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1133
Shana
 
#3
Oct 14, 2010 8:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 4270
My first tsundere was probably Rei Hino (still one of my favorites).
 
#4
Oct 14, 2010 11:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 910
^ Sailor Mars was my first anime crush, but that's not really the question though.
 
#5
Oct 16, 2010 5:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 378
Soryu Asuka Langley
 
#6
Oct 18, 2010 5:05 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 831
hmmm, probably Sailor Mars. I still don't think Asuka was tsundere. She went from tsun tsun (I say stuck up bitch), to mentally comatose because she loses to shinji (I guess losing to Shinji at anything would be enough to send anyone over the deep end). She is tsun to the end. Nothing ever changed with Asuka except maybe getting more tsun. But I digress. Was Ryunosuke's mom in Nuku Nuku conisdered Tsundere? If so, she would be the first. Or Lisa Hayes in Robotech. I don't think there were any tsundere in Akira
 
#7
Oct 18, 2010 3:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 232
I remember clearly.
Zero no Tsukaima.
At first I kept thinking, "Wow. These type of characters are so arrogant and rude." Now, I love them.
 
#8
Oct 18, 2010 4:33 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 220
My first tsundere was Kagami Hirragi, unless you count Haruhi as one ^^
 
#9
Oct 18, 2010 5:00 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 798
My first tsundere was Haruhi Suzumiya :D
 
Oct 18, 2010 5:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 8335
I like how nobody can read/understand the question in the first post

 
Oct 18, 2010 5:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5800
^

I was giggling reading through the posts: it somehow turned from "First Anime Tsundere" to "Who was your first tsundere?".
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 18, 2010 8:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 305
ya lol.XD

oh well. My first tsundere was Taiga. And becuase of Taiga i now watch anime. lol.

 
Oct 18, 2010 9:05 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4845
DoubleDango said:
^

I was giggling reading through the posts: it somehow turned from "First Anime Tsundere" to "Who was your first tsundere?".
Well, it's an easier question since not many people have such a deep library to go so far back. Plus, it would be super subjective since not everyone would agree the characters where truly tsundere (in the modern sense of the word) and really, would you go hunting for a decades-old show just to prove yourself right?

 
Oct 19, 2010 10:59 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 831
The first tsundere in anime. What about Lum?
 
Oct 29, 2010 1:35 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 105
The first tsundere character goes way back, probably even before Lum. The first one that I actually liked (not too over the top) is Madoka Ayukawa. I like Kyoko too but Madoka is better.
 
Jan 16, 2011 11:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 3916
Leon-Gun said:
DoubleDango said:
^

I was giggling reading through the posts: it somehow turned from "First Anime Tsundere" to "Who was your first tsundere?".
Well, it's an easier question since not many people have such a deep library to go so far back. Plus, it would be super subjective since not everyone would agree the characters where truly tsundere (in the modern sense of the word) and really, would you go hunting for a decades-old show just to prove yourself right?
This is why they need to watch many of the early animes. History is very important.

I myself is racking my brains since my earliest memories of anime, the females weren't anywhere close to being tsundere. They were girlfriends or secondary characters not fully developed.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

 
Jan 21, 2011 6:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 232
I'm pretty sure it was Zero no Tsukiama. Later on I watched Toradora and I realized they were almost exactly the same. xD
 
Mar 3, 2011 1:06 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 6
Horo (S&W), Suiseuiseki (RM)
 
Mar 9, 2011 8:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 124
Suiseiseki-chan X3
 
May 11, 2011 6:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1474
Christ, people - it's not about who is Your first Tsundere, It's who was the first tsundere.

From my list... The oldest anime is "Genji Monogatari", but I don't remember any Tsunderes there... Though if there were, it would've been automatic win in this case I suppose xD Like the first tentacle raep which dated back to sometime in Edo period if I remember correctly xD
Then there's Macross Plus, which characters I completely cannot remember... So it comes down to DNA^2, Of which I also have kinda blurry memory, but there might be some there.
1987 for GM and 1994 for the other two.
Modified by Maurox, May 11, 2011 6:06 AM



-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
 
May 14, 2011 6:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1745
zeroryoko1974 said:
The first tsundere in anime. What about Lum?


That's also what I read on Wiki...:

Ichikawa Koichi said:
Lum-chan is the source of moe, the queen. She's the first tsundere character.


Btw, the manga Urusei Yatsura is from 1978.
Since manga were already published before that time (of course XD), you could say it's inevitable tsundere or tsundere-like characters existed back then as well. Individuality 8D
To find the very first tsundere is too difficult, I think =_=
 
Jun 4, 2011 2:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 106
sbyrstall said:
Leon-Gun said:
DoubleDango said:
^

I was giggling reading through the posts: it somehow turned from "First Anime Tsundere" to "Who was your first tsundere?".
Well, it's an easier question since not many people have such a deep library to go so far back. Plus, it would be super subjective since not everyone would agree the characters where truly tsundere (in the modern sense of the word) and really, would you go hunting for a decades-old show just to prove yourself right?
This is why they need to watch many of the early animes. History is very important.

I myself is racking my brains since my earliest memories of anime, the females weren't anywhere close to being tsundere. They were girlfriends or secondary characters not fully developed.

That's not a very smart thing to say. You should watch what you want to watch because there's no way everyone, or anyone, will have the time to watch every single old anime.
 
Sep 2, 2011 6:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 371
Louise de la Valliere - Zero no Tsukaima
Haha, LOVE HER


 
Nov 13, 2016 2:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1215
Asuka Langley Soryu


I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
 
Top