Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 14, 2013 1:49 PM

Sep 2012
How did Maka not notice that Medusa was the witch?!
Apr 20, 2013 3:10 AM

Apr 2013
Bias said:

That's something that I didn't get either. Both Stein & Deathscythe fought her, surely they must have saw her face or at least recognized her voice.
Plot twist: You don't have to hate on people, just because they have their own opinion which might be different from yours.
May 11, 2013 7:46 PM

Oct 2012
What an intense episode. And that witch was really something.
May 11, 2013 9:14 PM

Oct 2012
ignore this post sorry
May 23, 2013 11:44 PM

Oct 2012
Lol, *Maka crying*, *flying door*.. Suddenly Black Star on bed too XD
Well pretty amusing ep

sinkinqships said:
Bias said:

That's something that I didn't get either. Both Stein & Deathscythe fought her, surely they must have saw her face or at least recognized her voice.

Lol, real logics doesn't belong to this...
Wanna know some anime that the hero/heroine already met the villains but they didn't recognize them? XD
"Signature removed"
Jun 7, 2013 9:08 PM

Feb 2012
Wasn't really digging the OP at first but it's growing on me. Decent episode.
Jun 24, 2013 3:12 AM
Jul 2018

Stein and Spirit are a badass team!
Medusa is a nurse in Shibusen?!
Jul 22, 2013 1:20 PM

Nov 2012
Omfg Medusa...
Sep 7, 2013 4:01 AM

Jul 2013
The moment when Black Star busted through the door and began shaking Soul while he was in the hospital bed was HILARIOUS!
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Sep 27, 2013 7:06 PM

May 2012
Epic fight. Cool Stein/Deathscythe combo! Hehe, gonna add Dr Stein in my fave pipz list now. He is just simply awesome:) And Black Star at the end just made my day. Haha.
Mar 5, 2014 2:56 PM

Feb 2014
Awesome fight!! Every time Stein appears I like him more ^^ And Medusa is cool, I like her (for the moment XD)
May 31, 2014 12:43 AM

May 2014
Medusa that evil biatch
Jun 13, 2014 10:00 PM

Dec 2008
Those action scenes were really good. Man, I'm really enjoying this anime very much.

I think nobody recognizes the school nurse as Medusa because of the magic that Stein explained witches can cast to mask their soul. It's how they didn't originally realized Medusa was near the church until she stopped using the spell.
Nov 29, 2014 3:11 PM

Aug 2014
Will Soul be okay? He's in a very bad situation because of the infiltration of the dark blood on his own blood...?!
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Dec 28, 2014 11:15 PM

Sep 2011
Really good so far... I am loving Stein; the other characters are also entertaining. And DAT MEDUSA at the end, wow, did not expect that.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 21, 2015 11:05 AM

Mar 2015
Maka should just fight with that book. She does more damage with that book than with Soul.

Ahh Black star, how I've missed him.
Aug 30, 2016 11:41 AM

Aug 2016
Nice fight again, Dr Medusa huh realy weird that they diden't recognize her, sure she can hide her spirit but they did saw her face right.
Dec 13, 2016 3:25 AM

Jul 2008
Oh Black star....just go away!!!

Soul got messed up by an enemy within their ranks, interesting. How has no one detected this?
May 26, 2018 3:22 PM

Dec 2017
I really enjoyed this episode. I didn't like the first two episodes at all, the third one was okay and with the fourth episode I started to like the show. However, I still think that most of the voices don't fit the characters very well.
Finally we get to see Chrona, one of my favorite characters in Soul Eater (apart from Stein). Yet, I'm still not sure what sex Chrona has - he seems to be a boy, right?

Oct 22, 2018 6:56 AM

Mar 2016
Stein and Death Scythe combination are straight up awesome! I was really expecting them to fight Medusa more but well...

Speaking of Medusa, the way she's officially introduced to other characters is absolutely epic! That scene sent shiver down my back! Chrona alone with his blood weapon is already looking like a tough opponent, but Medusa is on a different level compared to Maka. (Seems like her soul is about the same size as Stein by the looks of it)

WAIT WHAT?! Dr. Medusa is literally Medusa the witch and nobody even knows?! The only difference here (excluding the outfit) is that her coiled hair is going the other way! (I'm quite impressed that I saw this difference)
Nov 12, 2019 3:16 AM

May 2016
Ragnarok might be in control for the most part but Crono's really tough too. The duo actually gave Stein armed with Death Scythe a lot more trouble than I thought they would.

Soul got cursed and things were really serious but Black Star crashing into the room all of a sudden had me laughing a lot. It was a shock to see Medusa pop out like that without a single soul recognizing her as the witch.

Nov 23, 2019 8:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Maka is so cute with Soul... poor Soul I hope he'll recover
Jun 13, 2021 12:18 PM

Oct 2019
OK, how on Earth noone realized that Doctor Medusa is the witch Medusa? As a witch she didn't wear a mask or anything nor was she too far. Both her "personas" looked identical and she even retains that very distinctive (unique almost) braid in both of them. OK Maka is naive and inexperienced but how can Dr. Stein who freaking works with her did not recognize her in Italy (just from external appearance alone I mean, since she apparently can mask her soul signature)?

This looks like a case of Superman becoming supposedly unrecognizable with just a pair of glasses, and appears to be equally risible. Instead of glasses Medusa removes her witch hat and clothes, puts on a medical robe and that's it! She literally transforms into a different person! That's despite the fact that every viewer recognized her before even seeing her face. The focus on her conspicuous braid was enough..
Dec 27, 2021 11:02 AM
Nov 2020
After seeing Medusa's power, I have never yelled so loud in my life when I saw her in the Academy, what does the headmaster think he's doing hiring her?!
May 18, 2022 11:59 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I guess that witch WAS a bit high up and too far away for them to get a good look at her, because I was wondering how nobody was able to recognize her as she stepped in the room. Whatever though, because I'm dropping it here.

Not that I find it bad, quite the contrary actually. I see this as an absolute smash hit for its time, and even now, albeit just with a few minor areas in the humour which some may see as outdated and corny (yeah, getting hit on the head, with those sound effects, constantly... not doing it for me fam). But despite the dark themes it has going for it which I love, it still feels to be like one of your old typical saturday-afternoon cartoons that you watched as a kid. Which again, is not necessarily a bad thing, it's just something not for me, that's all.

And although it has its overarching narrative of trying to regain all the souls they lost, I can see it's still going to be mostly episodic in nature. A different adventure each episode, barely tying in with the last. AGAIN, that's not a bad thing, but I'm kind of just looking for some actual story right now, not 51 episodic-episodes (the irony lol). But most importantly, the reason for me dropping this is that apparently the ending to this anime.... sucks. Usually these "Top-10 [insert adjective here] Anime" videos on youtube are super basic to full of crap, but I saw Soul Eater in one of these videos, and as the thumbnail no less. I clicked on it just to go to the comments and see how wrong the video was, but I mostly saw people agreeing with it. Oh well. Maybe I'm missing out on a lot of good stuff. But I'm not exactly in the mood to sit through fifty episodes for it to leave a bad taste in the mouth. I could spend the time watching the 43 remaining episodes somewhere else. That is around 15 hours after all.

There still is a chance that I might pick this up again though in the distant future. I'll be putting it in my dropped list, but it's not like there's no likelihood at all that I may one day return to it just for fun. It has Death the Kid, after all.

Now if you excuse me, I have pretty much cleared up my PTW list at this point, just for a few movies, the rest being anime that haven't been aired yet. I am now going to tackle what has been the final boss in my PTW list for quite awhile, that being Black Clover. Going to power my way through Asta's yelling for 20 episodes or so, and see if it's good or as bad as people say. I'd like to finish another big anime to have on my list if possible. Anyway, enough about me. I'll see you guys, around, I hope the rest of you continue enjoying Soul Eater at least.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 3, 2022 9:29 PM

Apr 2016
Eh, it wasn't a boring fight but it felt like just a warm up.

And of course she works with them...
Sep 18, 2022 10:44 AM
Nov 2018
that wass craaaazzttyy
Oct 10, 2022 6:25 PM
Oct 2022
It is good but i dropped because i lost interest
Jun 13, 2023 4:00 AM
Aug 2022
Wow, I do not care at all about Soul's wellbeing and Maka's grief.

Give us Kid and Star adventures.
Jun 17, 2023 4:17 PM

Oct 2020
They briefly mentioned it in the episode, but Medusa's soul protect allows her to mask the true size and shape of her soul so I'm assuming that's how no one in the school seems to suspect her..? 
They might offer us a more detailed explanation later 

Anyway, seeing Stein and Death Scythe was really cool and offered us a glimpse of some pro meister/weapon action 
Jun 20, 2023 1:06 PM
Jun 2022
This show is on point with de plottwist like first with stein being a good guy and know that the witch is de nurse. shi is crazy
Mar 27, 10:49 AM
Jan 2024
An incredible chain of events in this episode. Crona and Medusa and all that are intriguing as ever. The plot really thickens here!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - Jun 2, 2008

145 by WispyUmbra »»
Apr 2, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xLtay - Jul 22, 2008

115 by AnimatedAddict »»
Mar 31, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

WinterNightsFall - Jul 16, 2008

101 by AnimatedAddict »»
Mar 31, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - Apr 28, 2008

116 by MORANGA »»
Mar 31, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cbkh915 - Mar 30, 2009

614 by Biisoo »»
Mar 30, 1:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.