Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 4, 2010 8:19 PM

Jul 2009
Great first episode, will be following this one.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Oct 4, 2010 9:05 PM

Mar 2010
When i saw this in the new season line up I wasnt sure if i was going to like this. But it's actually really good. Can't wait for the new episodes to come out.
Oct 4, 2010 9:17 PM

Apr 2009
Not too surprisingly the episode was even better with dialogue. I really liked Yakumo's character, he's not a complete white knight even though he seems to be a good guy. Enjoyed the cast and the dialogue, I thought it was well written. The mystery about who the killer was and the confrontation with him was a little weak but all in all a good debut.

And whatever sense of disbelief is required suspended I thought the moment on the rooftop was touching and visually interesting with the blazing inferno around them.

And is it just me or does Yakumo run like a girl? :P
Oct 4, 2010 9:21 PM
Aug 2009
It lacks so much of the humor the manga had, and really dumbs down how the case was solved. With only 20 mins and 13 episodes to work with i guess i just got to let a few things sidle.
Oct 4, 2010 9:22 PM

Apr 2010
Well that was rather thrilling. I think I'll stick with this.

Oct 4, 2010 9:23 PM

Apr 2009
Hmmm, a bishounen who acts like a stuck up faggot, now I understand why this is a shoujo.
Oct 4, 2010 10:19 PM

Jan 2010
I love it!
Oct 4, 2010 10:22 PM

Oct 2009
Decent episode.
But i am looking forward to what's next. Hope it gets better.
Oct 4, 2010 10:28 PM

Dec 2008
Great episode, can't wait for next.
Somehow the showline abit different from the manga.
But well, i still like it! :D
Oct 4, 2010 10:55 PM
Jun 2009
wow...that was surprinsingly good o0
Oct 4, 2010 11:03 PM

Jul 2010
I thought it was a good first episode. I didn't read the manga so it's all new to me.

I hope there's a higher quality release eventually, but whatever! Beggars can't be choosers.
singAlongOct 4, 2010 11:09 PM
Oct 4, 2010 11:26 PM

Jan 2008
Standard fare. Apart from good bgm everything else was run-of-the-mill. I lol'd at , unfortunately not unusual, pink-haired siblings. Horror/detective anime, yeah....

3/5

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Oct 5, 2010 12:16 AM

Nov 2007
Thus begins my curiosity to see if Beetrain can produce a good show for a second time after they redeemed themselves with Phantom. As with every other show by them the music is the first thing worth noting. Really nice OP song and bgm, which again tends to sound more empowering than what is actually being shown lol. I'm not convinced on the mystery aspect yet, I hope they improve on it later on seeing how obvious as day this episode's was. Just an okay episode for now. Despite how much I liked Phantom I'm still being wary... this is Beetrain afterall.
Oct 5, 2010 12:27 AM

Mar 2010
I don't think i have loved a first episode as much as this..It is the exactly the kind i like.Psychic,dark and mysterious..It is definitely going to be awesome.Although there are some differences with the manga it still is as exciting and captivating as the manga was..
Oct 5, 2010 1:24 AM

Apr 2010
I really like the music. and the story is great too. and I can't wait for the next episode ^^

Oct 5, 2010 2:41 AM

Jun 2010
pretty good i think :)
Oct 5, 2010 3:03 AM

Feb 2010
good first episode.
Oct 5, 2010 3:17 AM

Jun 2008
Not bad for a first episode lets see how it develops. It reminded me of Ghost Hunt in a way. The red eye kind of makes things more lame than better though since we are getting sick of special eyes in the anime manga world. We accepted he could see souls even with out the red eye gimmick. There was no need for it.
BTW that killer was one big sissy. But i guess it was a given since he was going after poor little schoolgirls.
And WTF did he use to cover his eye? He never heard of color contact lenses? What was that metallic thing?

I found the girl to be a very attractive character. She's down to earth and smart enough. Rarely we see a sweet girl like her that is also so realistic. She escapes the typical girl archetypes we see in anime.

On the other hand the guy isn't unsympathetic and he manages his creepy role perfectly but he doesn't escape the typical archetype at all. His your very common sharp tongue smexy bishonen mysterious guy that anyone would expect from a guy in an anime in such position. So basically i don't have much of a problem with him but his basically uninteresting as fuck because despite the big mystery atmosphere around him, his mystery figure is as typical as it can get in the world of anime.

Now we saw some big evil guy in the end so i assume the whole anime won't be independent mystery stories each episode but a central plot running threw all episodes will be established.
MonadOct 5, 2010 6:07 AM
Oct 5, 2010 3:30 AM

Oct 2009
They definitely cut out a lot of stuff from the manga version and in a way it's sort of lost the suspense that was found in the manga. I don't know how this will all play out in the greater picture of the anime, but I'm still a bit unsure about this one. But since it's Bee Train, I think it's got a lot of potential, hopefully it won't be wasted.
Oct 5, 2010 4:26 AM

Dec 2009
The opening rocks, and his attitude is just awesome xD !
Oct 5, 2010 4:47 AM

May 2008
pretty interesting i actually liked all the first episode of every show this season

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 5, 2010 4:58 AM

Sep 2010
Great first episode! It sorted of reminded me of Ghost Hunt with a mixture of Jigoku Shoujo... Haha.
Oct 5, 2010 5:25 AM

Aug 2008
Way too rushed but it looks pretty good. Starting it at 6/10, really hope the pace improves though.
Oct 5, 2010 5:56 AM
Jun 2008
Linalee-Stratos said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:
There were some rather strange choices made for the anime. What was with that leisurly chat on top of a burning building?
I know! In the manga, after the girl said 'they are beautiful', Yakumo was supposed to look startled and say 'this is the 1st time someone has said something like this'. Basically giving a little development between the two. But if you think about it, showing a a lovey-dovey scene in the 1st episode would definitely be weird.
Would have liked it more if Yakumo would have passed on the sister's msg through words.
ha ha ha....Actually i was wondering ,
Oct 5, 2010 6:20 AM

Jun 2009
I was going to overlook this one but end up watching it because of the main character. It really reminds me of Ghost Hunt btw. Also the OP is awesome.

Oct 5, 2010 6:36 AM
Jul 2010
aaaaaaye 5/5
Oct 5, 2010 6:57 AM

Jan 2010
Interesting first episode the music really stood out to me. I need to see a few more episodes to get a feel for the show though .
Oct 5, 2010 7:24 AM

Jan 2010
Potential is there.
Let's see how it goes.
Oct 5, 2010 8:01 AM

Aug 2010
MorningGlory said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:
There were some rather strange choices made for the anime. What was with that leisurly chat on top of a burning building?
I know! In the manga, after the girl said 'they are beautiful', Yakumo was supposed to look startled and say 'this is the 1st time someone has said something like this'. Basically giving a little development between the two. But if you think about it, showing a a lovey-dovey scene in the 1st episode would definitely be weird.
Would have liked it more if Yakumo would have passed on the sister's msg through words.
ha ha ha....Actually i was wondering ,

I kept wondering about that too. I mean, it takes all the suspense out of story.

I think the part where he gets hit and bleeds is actually important for the character development: Haruka thought his eye was red because he was bleeding and then he tells her his eye is like that and she's not scared and doesn't find it disgusting like other people do. That was my favorite scene from the manga and they didn't put it in the anime :/

Exactly! They didn't even explain why the teacher killed her friends or anything. And it doesn't make much sense that she was with them in the first place. They didn't explain the title of the episode. There was no suspense at all. When I was reading the manga I first thought it was that janitor guy who killed the girl, but in the anime it was too easy to find out who it was. They didn't even show the teacher pushing Haruka's friend on to the rail tracks...
Oct 5, 2010 8:05 AM

Jul 2009
Not bad, not bad. It wasn't totally amazing, but I'll probably watch it through to the end.
Oct 5, 2010 8:07 AM

Jun 2008
shanimebib said:
I will continue this one and hopefully it will deliver. not amazing for a first episode (like bakuman or star driver) but could be one of the best anime of this season.

^_^

agreed. i think the first episode of bakuman was better but as u said, this could be one of the best anime this season
Oct 5, 2010 8:10 AM

Sep 2008
Oh my...this was really bad. I see "generic" written all over it. Generic characters, generic plot devices, generic everything. One of the worst starts this season.
Oct 5, 2010 8:57 AM

Dec 2008
A definite fall season win! Can't wait for the next ep!
Oct 5, 2010 9:10 AM

Jan 2010
Wow that was fast. O.o
I feel like they crammed a story for an entire series into one episode. O.o I hope the pacing slows down a bit. It was pretty good though, I liked it. Characters look nice and well-developed. The story for this episode seemed good, but it just felt a little rushed. They could've made this an arc of like 3-4 episodes. If they slow down this can get really good. ED is gorgeous.
Oct 5, 2010 9:34 AM

Apr 2009
seishi-sama said:
Oh my...this was really bad. I see "generic" written all over it. Generic characters, generic plot devices, generic everything. One of the worst starts this season.

Can't help but second this. My thoughts exactly. It somewhat reminds me of the Ghost Hunt's first episode, same characters and all.
It was weak - that's about it. I hope that it will get only better, because even though this wasn't enough to make me drop the series... if it gets any worse, I'll drop it immediately.

Oct 5, 2010 9:44 AM

Apr 2010
I liked it. Like you said, it wasn't an instant win like Bakuman, but I'm looking forward for the next episode. And Yakumo is hot u.u
Oct 5, 2010 10:33 AM

Jun 2007
very very good first episode

but lets see what will happen with the two red eyed guy
Oct 5, 2010 11:20 AM

Jun 2010
As for first Episode, I like it!
I'll watch it till the end.
5/5 ^_^

Oct 5, 2010 12:14 PM

Apr 2010
I'm already loving this :) It can continue this way :D
Oct 5, 2010 12:32 PM

Nov 2009
I'm ok with this anime; it is not the "OMG BEST ANIME EVER", nor the shittiest one. It's pretty decent and watchable. Will keep watching until the end (hopefully?!).
At first I was like ヽ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ. But then I was like ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌.
Oct 5, 2010 12:38 PM

Mar 2009
this is most definitely an interesting anime!
Oct 5, 2010 12:51 PM

Feb 2010
One of my favourite genres~
Loving this already!
Oct 5, 2010 1:12 PM

Feb 2009
seishi-sama said:

...Have you seen Yosuga no Sora? Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls? Because they definitely had worse first episodes.

Anyways, I thought the exact opposite. This one definitely has some of the most potential, behind Bakuman.
Oct 5, 2010 1:27 PM

Oct 2007
It would have been a lot of better if they slow thing down a bit. Not that I am confused or lost but they are just too fast to really feel anything at all. And this show is just so like Bee Train. Oh well I am prepared for the worse.
SivaOct 5, 2010 1:32 PM

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 5, 2010 1:29 PM

May 2008
Decent episode, it was a little too fast paced but I think the plot is interesting and the characters are likeable. I'm gonna keep watching~
Oct 5, 2010 1:46 PM

Mar 2009
Looks okay. Didn't remember the pink hair though.
Oct 5, 2010 2:06 PM

Apr 2009
Wow, that felt like a recap episode. Not only it was rushed, it actually looked like half of the scenes were missing. The characters arrived at conclusions very fast and rather randomly, but it was still kinda predictable because we weren't given any other options to consider before getting straight to the point.
I'm kind of let down by this. :/ I hoped for a nice, dark and thrilling Fall anime, but this reminds me too much of Ghost Hunt... which I didn't like.
Oct 5, 2010 2:08 PM

Nov 2009
im loving this so far its kinda giving me a ghost hunt kind of feel and i love that
Oct 5, 2010 2:36 PM

Aug 2009
Angel_-_Lily said:
I didn't like it..and It wasn't what I expected!!
They skipped a lot of things of the manga {>-<}

yes they did skip lots of stuff but they created a beautiful atmoshere with AMAZING music and really good animation and voice actors.
At last a show that doesn't have pantsu and other stupid fluffy stuff every second of it!
I was waiting for it with anxiety and it didn't dissapoint me in the slightest. Actually I dare say the feeling here is better than this in the manga. At least so far..
5/5 from me. It looks like a hell of a ride! :)
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Oct 5, 2010 4:04 PM
Apr 2008
That was definitely a great episode for me. Really good start to this anime.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 26, 2010

114 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 19, 2010

48 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2010

52 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2010

65 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 2:39 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 28, 2010

72 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 1:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.