Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2010 11:58 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
i knew it, i knew she had to be a ex or a would be girlfriend!
Apr 19, 2011 9:34 PM

Feb 2008
all she needs to do is throw something other than a fast ball, Izumi has no training with anything else and probably wouldn't even be expecting it. That is, assuming that she knows how to throw something other than a fastball.
Mar 10, 2013 5:55 PM

Oct 2009
jacobpaige said:
all she needs to do is throw something other than a fast ball, Izumi has no training with anything else and probably wouldn't even be expecting it. That is, assuming that she knows how to throw something other than a fastball.

What you say is right, but there's one flaw in your logic: psychology. Ryo wouldn't throw tricky balls even if she could, because she has dignity. And how do you expect Ryo to join team that evades head-on fight and wins with cheating? You can say: "Since she promised", but that's not the way Ryo would think
Nov 13, 2014 1:41 AM

Jun 2011
Hardcore. Someone need to tell those girls they are going to wreck their body, and training that way does more harm than benefit.

Edit: The romance aspect of this show is somewhat annoying me too. Why can't the childhood friends win for once. I hate Ryo for even thinking about the other guy after she met him for like.. 3 times? While the supposedly 'handsome' and 'smart' childhood friend got friend zoned just because.
ToG25thBaamNov 13, 2014 2:21 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 27, 2018 7:06 AM

Mar 2016
I feel sorry for Izumi. I'd been thinking that the Chairwoman seemed selfish in the oddest of ways, and it turns out she has a very unhealthy obsession. Really dislike her.
Jan 4, 2020 1:33 PM

Aug 2018
syncrogazer said:
I feel sorry for Izumi. I'd been thinking that the Chairwoman seemed selfish in the oddest of ways, and it turns out she has a very unhealthy obsession. Really dislike her.

Most anime girls are design to be that, unrealistic and falling in love in first sight. Did Izumi father died too? feel sad for Izumi and she almost got jump by the baseball team.

Animation in this episode was poor compare in earlier episodes. So the girl that can throw 80mph playing with girls that never played sounds dangerous. Hiroki Takasugi is a jerk he continue to play with Izumi and Ryo is no better but at least with Ryo there is a possibility she doesn't know Seishiro feelings.
Apr 10, 2021 5:49 PM

Jan 2010
Princess Nine usually has pretty static and plain art/animation, then saves its sakuga moments for when it counts. Also, I love this kind of shoujo drama, especially in a sports context. The girls can be pretty and cute, but when it comes down to it, they'll get the crap kicked out of them, getting covered in dirt and physical injuries. However, they'd still get up every time the fall down, with all the teeth gritting and fist clenching of a hotblooded shounen anime. It gives that extra level of drama and tension, where they'd put themselves at risk to achieve their goals. Of course, this is absolutely not the right way to train, but with only a two day limit, both Ryo and Izumi needed to cram as much training as they could.

This show turned out to be a lot better than I initially thought, my goodness.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Nine Episode 3 Discussion

Phoenix_Hime - Oct 2, 2010

6 by Iron_Leopard »»
Mar 12, 2023 11:25 AM

Poll: » Princess Nine Episode 26 Discussion

jacobpaige - Apr 20, 2011

11 by carseatheadrest »»
Jun 20, 2022 9:45 PM

Poll: » Princess Nine Episode 24 Discussion

jacobpaige - Apr 20, 2011

6 by Shocked »»
Apr 13, 2021 12:36 PM

Poll: » Princess Nine Episode 22 Discussion

Serhiyko - Mar 12, 2013

4 by Shocked »»
Apr 13, 2021 11:40 AM

Poll: » Princess Nine: Kisaragi Joshikou Yakyuubu Episode 19 Discussion

Fronzel - May 6, 2015

3 by Shocked »»
Apr 12, 2021 8:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.