Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 15, 2016 5:01 PM

Aug 2014
Great episode, I like how they care to give an explanation about each character past, how thing work and all while at the same time not ruining the pacing, brilliant!
Oct 18, 2016 2:40 AM

Nov 2011
tainteddonut said:

I like how Reinhard was able to easily get Flegel agitated. Flegel looks like the typical holier-than-thou priviledged aristocrat. His veiled threat to Annerose was pretty low. Whatever his plans are there's no way he can even stand a chance to Reinhard.

I've forgotten how satisfying it is to follow an intelligent male protagonist who won't take other people's shit.

It's moments like these that make me question why the Shinji Hikari and Son Goku character types became the dominant anime male archtypes.
Feb 28, 2017 11:49 AM

Feb 2015
Let's grab that wine and make some fun of the guy trying to rescue his mansion minutes after a bomb exploded in our face and set the place on fire.

That said, this episode had a few enjoyable moments, so I'll give it that.
Aug 22, 2017 4:10 AM

Apr 2014
This episode seems completely unnecessary, to be completely honest. I accidentally watched this before episode 8 and I didn't even notice - this episode is just so self-contained that it feels like it doesn't add anything to the overall story. But I still liked it.
your waifu is shit
Aug 22, 2017 7:33 AM

Jun 2013
SzJ said:
This episode seems completely unnecessary, to be completely honest. I accidentally watched this before episode 8 and I didn't even notice - this episode is just so self-contained that it feels like it doesn't add anything to the overall story. But I still liked it.

I guess it is because the content for this episode originally came from one of the Gaiden novels. The animators probably wanted to flesh out the Empire a little more but the end result is a rather vague timeline.
Jan 3, 2018 9:52 AM

May 2016
That guy was pretty stupid I mean why don't you hide it.
Jan 3, 2018 11:14 AM

Jul 2015
That plan was lame like in every possible way, but plot conveniences were still there, wow.
Feb 5, 2018 6:22 PM
Nov 2017
Looking forward to Flegel getting erased from history by Reinhard.
Apr 15, 2018 2:10 PM
Sep 2016
This botched assassination attempt reminded me of Operation Valkyrie, where a high-ranking Nazi saved Hitler from being killed in 1944 by accident. If that suitcase bomb hadn’t been kicked a crucial few inches away, the end of WW2 would look very different.

Archduke Franz Ferdinand escaped one assassination attempt, only to stop his car next to the coffeehouse that his assassin happened to be sitting in, later that day.

History aside, this was another layer of the rich tapestry of Reinhard’s side of the story, and I’m loving every second.
Apr 27, 2018 4:09 AM

Sep 2017
I will say it again, security at Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu sucks. If they knew that a cane could be used as a weapon, they should've checked all electronic gadgets. The king is coming there after all. And let's celebrate with a bottle of wine instead of helping the people affected by the explosion. Nice going Reinhard.

I can't stand the yaoi subtext. Hope Seigfried fucks the Baroness soon.

When am I gonna get the interesting parts? Till now, the things I have seen now are just my cup of joe on a Tuesday.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Aug 29, 2018 12:22 AM

Feb 2017
Reinhard is good at picking fights and making enemies. His arrogance just put his sister in greater danger.
Nov 21, 2018 1:43 PM

Jan 2013
I know that Baroness is trying to fuck Siegfried
Jul 1, 2019 6:27 AM
Mar 2018
I liked the episode personally. For some reason I already had the whole episode planned out in my head so it was kind of cool to see that they followed with some predictions. I'm still expecting it to get better with time though but so far, I can tell why this anime is not for everyone.

I heard that people (mostly science nerds :B) used to buy the DVDs as episodes came out because it wasn't aired on TV? I wonder if it was like that in the very beginning, or if this show simply stood out to other shows back then.
Sep 21, 2019 9:43 AM

Sep 2018
Yet another stand-alone episode, which does not take away the pleasure of following this anime, in fact it puts even more desire to follow it, giving further depth to the whole plot, and further connotations to what gravitates around the main story.
Oct 20, 2019 6:39 AM

Oct 2012
Damn that sucks the prince didn't die
I guess Reinhard's luckiness is nullifying the oldman's or he just have a bad luck

I like how the grandma Reinhard's saved just vanished xD
"Signature removed"
Dec 26, 2019 12:48 PM
Feb 2018
A really good episode. I am appreciating these episodes of my rewatch so much. And yh looks like he committed suicide. He shouldn't have betrayed the Kaiser 30 years ago.
Jun 5, 2020 1:01 PM
Dec 2015
Interesting episode, I liked how the time kept being foreshadowed making it clear that an assassination plot was going to happen and that it was probably a bomb based on time. I think the man probably had a kid who died because it mentioned that he lost the son?

Anyways, I'm starting to think that Reinhard's sister is actually being quite truthful about her situation. Seeing the Emperor's attitudes in the past couple of episodes I mind him a lot less now and it seems like he would genuinely treat annerose well.

Sep 13, 2020 12:01 AM

Nov 2012
bibi-fan said:
Interesting episode, I liked how the time kept being foreshadowed making it clear that an assassination plot was going to happen and that it was probably a bomb based on time. I think the man probably had a kid who died because it mentioned that he lost the son?

Anyways, I'm starting to think that Reinhard's sister is actually being quite truthful about her situation. Seeing the Emperor's attitudes in the past couple of episodes I mind him a lot less now and it seems like he would genuinely treat annerose well.
Yes Klopstock had a son who died an early death which is why he was willing to go through with this assassination plot because he had nothing left to lose. His family was never going to return to being high nobles like they once were.
Oct 31, 2020 4:33 AM

Jul 2016
AzureBlues said:
tainteddonut said:

I like how Reinhard was able to easily get Flegel agitated. Flegel looks like the typical holier-than-thou priviledged aristocrat. His veiled threat to Annerose was pretty low. Whatever his plans are there's no way he can even stand a chance to Reinhard.

I've forgotten how satisfying it is to follow an intelligent male protagonist who won't take other people's shit.

It's moments like these that make me question why the Shinji Hikari and Son Goku character types became the dominant anime male archtypes.

Mainly because most anime watchers are 15-20 year old males.
Apr 4, 2021 3:54 PM
May 2020
Klopstock was too bait with his actions. the Kaiser is just a mascot for the empire. internal and external affairs will always plague a country
Apr 7, 2021 1:55 PM

Feb 2012
2021 Rewtch

This was such a tense tense episode watching the clock tick.

lmao him calling Fredrich a libertine. In front of Rudolf's statue, he claims he's doing it for the sake of the Goldenbaum bloodline, but with the painting of Klopstock's deceased son, I think his real motive was to take from the already deceased Otfried what was taken from him.

Fredrich saved by the stomachache

Man, so great watching Reinhard's takedown of Flegel

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 24, 2021 12:43 AM
Nov 20, 2021 7:07 AM
Aug 2021
I'm still not sure If I really understand what's going on..
All these names..
Dec 13, 2021 9:18 AM
Nov 2020
Wish we gonna saw Westpfale again after this episode, I kinda liked her.
Jan 25, 2022 4:41 AM

Aug 2017
JeremiahOrange said:
I will say it again, security at Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu sucks. If they knew that a cane could be used as a weapon, they should've checked all electronic gadgets. The king is coming there after all. And let's celebrate with a bottle of wine instead of helping the people affected by the explosion. Nice going Reinhard.

I can't stand the yaoi subtext. Hope Seigfried fucks the Baroness soon.

When am I gonna get the interesting parts? Till now, the things I have seen now are just my cup of joe on a Tuesday.

Code Geass has a lot of yaoi subtext and its more obvious than here, the irony lol.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 4, 2022 7:39 AM

Dec 2007
the look on kircheis face as he staring anarose. would like to know what he had in his mind there. probably nothing good. lol

another empire-political episode, don't care getting more of these. though we didn't had those kind of episode in the alliance since.. episode 3?
Nov 11, 2022 11:34 AM

May 2018
of course the cane bomb would never work
Jan 4, 2023 1:10 AM

Aug 2018
Well the old man failed to do anything super significant before death it seems, really love the artichecturial interior backgrounds that appear everytime .

That cane placement was terrible to be honest, shouldve tried at least something more different and sneaky
May 21, 2023 6:51 PM
Dec 2021
mid episode that has a greater contribution than its quality. The politics, historical battles and so on, are now well established. 
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 109 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

64 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.