Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2010 12:44 PM

Feb 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Main episode features lots of gorgeous action and quite a bit of talking. The talking establishes the previous plot from the 1st anime.

The highlight was the Axel vs Beowulf in the opening scene. It was amazing.

Huckebeins are back in the show! Bullet was piloting the brown mass produced ones!

The Opening, visual wise, is awesome and quite Obari, but the JAM Project song I think wasn't as awesome as some of their past songs. Does get bonus points for Masaki Endoh shouting REVOLVAH STAKE!

The ending, is just "SRW Girls go to the beach" so basically all the fanservice they might have wanted in the show and couldn't put in, got put in the ED instead. Actual episode itself has very little tits and ass fanservice, Excellen's boobs bounce a little, but nothing too outrageous.

Surprise show from
right at the end before Angelg appears on the scene.

All in all, a very good first episode.

Oct 1, 2010 2:19 PM

Sep 2009
Excellent first ep. Was surprised by that spoiler, but to me the highlight was the word

that got thrown in by Axel, and accompanying theme music.
Oct 1, 2010 8:13 PM

Feb 2009
Great start for the series with a couple of pleasant surprises.

Also...
Oct 2, 2010 8:39 AM

Mar 2008
Ryusei FTW!!! SRX can never get pwn like that... that other universe is ... bad :P

Axel is cool ^^ .. but nothing beats AngelG at the end ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2010 11:45 AM

Aug 2008
Eh..... the game is much better.

Wasn't very impressed. It just seems like you had to have played the game to understand what's going on. Then, the art also really bothered me. I really wished they used the art from the game instead.

Oh well, I'll still stick to it for a bit because I really liked SRW OG 2.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 3, 2010 8:08 AM

Aug 2008
guyklc said:
It just seems like you had to have played the game to understand what's going on.
This. Even after just finishing the first series 3 days ago, I had no idea what was happening all episode with the exception of the recap talk for the first series.
Oct 3, 2010 8:16 AM

Aug 2009
Okay, well I was not expecting JAM Project. Awesome.

Well, I was mighty confused by everything but considering that I haven't played the games, that was expected. I'm just taking it all in stride.
Oct 3, 2010 11:49 AM

Sep 2009
As a first episode, it seemed pretty good.

garfield15 said:
Well, I was mighty confused by everything but considering that I haven't played the games, that was expected. I'm just taking it all in stride.
Same here.
Oct 3, 2010 1:47 PM

Sep 2008
Kinda surprised I actually thought it was decent seeing as how I freaken loathe the games. But Christ I felt like it was 1995 all over again.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 3, 2010 2:08 PM

Feb 2007
Linalee-Stratos said:

garfield15 said:
Same here.

You might want to read the post here, http://randomc.net/2010/10/02/super-robot-wars-og-the-inspector-01/

Its quite a nice and brief introduction tot he franchise.

Oct 3, 2010 2:41 PM

Aug 2009
Kraker2k said:
Linalee-Stratos said:

garfield15 said:
Same here.

You might want to read the post here, http://randomc.net/2010/10/02/super-robot-wars-og-the-inspector-01/

Its quite a nice and brief introduction tot he franchise.

Yeah, I read that already. It helped a little but, eh. I'm just watching robots fight kinda and dealing with the plot given to me.

Oh and MAXOOOOOONNNNN!
Oct 3, 2010 6:48 PM

May 2008
Wait...

in the first episode...and alfimi in the OP

As if one of my wishes was granted!!

Oct 3, 2010 7:10 PM
Nov 2009
First impression, 8/10.

Ah, I wish the game would do something like that. Axel and Beowulf, epic fight.

And the rest is just, wow. Wodan appearing right in Episode 1? Oh yes.
Oct 3, 2010 7:49 PM

Oct 2009
I didn't understand what was going on... But at least it was pretty to look at.
Oct 3, 2010 11:22 PM

Oct 2007
kagekyo said:
Great start for the series with a couple of pleasant surprises.

Also...
I didn't. That was just terrible.
Oct 3, 2010 11:31 PM

Sep 2009
For all of you who don't understand- there should be a debriefing from two certain characters that reveals all later on.

in other words: ignore everything before the OP for now, it should be made clear later. everything after the OP is where your attention should lie.

Also, there are some things I have thoughts on, but forgot to post before:
Oct 4, 2010 2:36 AM

Feb 2009
The only reason I really picked this up was for some giant robot fanservice. Wasn't disappointed.
My current anime list is grossly, out of date, just so you know.

skullhunterj said:
if u expect me to put on my working writing skill on forums like this...think again, Grammer Nazi!!!

I hate people.
Oct 4, 2010 3:00 AM

Feb 2010
gainaxfanboy said:
The only reason I really picked this up was for some giant robot fanservice. Wasn't disappointed.

same for me :P
Oct 4, 2010 7:54 AM

Dec 2008
Great first ep, but the OP and ED suck!
Oct 4, 2010 9:33 AM

Jun 2008
bskbob said:
gainaxfanboy said:

same for me :P
Same for me. It had mecha....some very good battle scenes and boucing boobs.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Oct 4, 2010 10:41 AM

Feb 2009
VillettaIchihara said:

Take back your JAM Project bashing.
My current anime list is grossly, out of date, just so you know.

skullhunterj said:
if u expect me to put on my working writing skill on forums like this...think again, Grammer Nazi!!!

I hate people.
Oct 4, 2010 11:51 AM

Aug 2009
VillettaIchihara said:

Get out.
Oct 4, 2010 1:15 PM

Feb 2007
To be fair, MAX ON is not one of JAM Project's greatest songs, the OPs for series one were way better.

slax said:
For all of you who don't understand- there should be a debriefing from two certain characters that reveals all later on.

in other words: ignore everything before the OP for now, it should be made clear later. everything after the OP is where your attention should lie.

Also, there are some things I have thoughts on, but forgot to post before:

About the Lamia thing, in the Japanese version of the games - She doesn't have a stutter, she rather ends words with the wrong or improper ending words in Japanese. Atlus were the ones who gave Lamia a stutter as it was much easier to explain rather than trying to explain the intricacies of Japanese grammar and why what Lamia is saying is wrong.

You notice it in the preview when she says something and you can hear Bullet say "Eh?!"

Oct 4, 2010 1:26 PM

Aug 2009
Kraker2k said:
To be fair, MAX ON is not one of JAM Project's greatest songs, the OPs for series one were way better.

I still think it's awesome.
Oct 4, 2010 11:21 PM

Jun 2008
llamaben said:
guyklc said:
It just seems like you had to have played the game to understand what's going on.
This. Even after just finishing the first series 3 days ago, I had no idea what was happening all episode with the exception of the recap talk for the first series.

Yes i felt a little like this too. I saw Divine Wars and still a few things didn't make sense in this episode.

Also the art looks better than DW but i was disappointed a little on the way Excellen looks and especially her lips. She really looks much older and staff and that doesn't go well with her fun teenage acting personality. Her voice sounded a older too.

So Kyosuke will lose his mind and become evil or something and in the end gets killed? That's what i got from that preview before the OP at least. It also seemed to imply that the Federation has fallen. I'm also not sure who was the one Kyosuke was killing at the very start. Was that Ryuusei?

I have no idea who that woman was at the end. I fail to see the functionality of putting tits on a robot though.
MonadOct 7, 2010 1:51 AM
Oct 5, 2010 1:31 AM

Sep 2009
Kraker2k said:

I gotta agree initially, but I'll hold off on further comment until the full song gets released on the 27th. Though I keep thinking that guitar riff sounds alot similar to GONG XD -and the words are frikin epic (though not quite as epic as GONG).

About the Lamia thing...

Yeah I figured that, s'why I said speech disorder, rather than stutter, but I know what you mean.

*must... contain... urge... to give.... spoilers...*
While I won't give away the plot, I will say the following:

Monad said:
Her voice sounded a older too.

Well, there *were* 3 years between this and DW...

Was that Ryuusei?

I have no idea who that woman was at the end. I fail to see the functionality of putting tits on a robot though.

out of context, this is quite a hilarious statement actually, considering that
Oct 5, 2010 6:04 AM

Aug 2010
Oh my goodness, the BGM in the fight between Axel and Kyosuke just brings back some memories.

W-17 looking hot as always.
Oct 5, 2010 8:57 AM

Aug 2009
they used the same soundtrack from OGs ?!
I've never thought that the Angelg from the games had a face under a mask (I thought the mask WAS the face)
since bullet appeared in the mass produced MK.II, what are the odds of the "Vanishing Trooper" showing? (pun intended)
and I thought the ATX team was the ones who saved Lamia
why did they change the VA for Lee ??? (now he sounds less annoying)
Game_MasterOct 5, 2010 9:03 AM
Oct 6, 2010 7:18 PM

Oct 2009
Kyosuke Nanbu has the revolver stake.... Masaki has Cybaster...

finally SRW OG DW with LAMIA LOVELESS and the SHADOW MIRRORS ^-^

it looks alot better than the first anime tv season, and way better than the crappy ova

we will get to see the rest of the school and alot of other things, as soon as they air more than one ep ^^
Oct 11, 2010 7:03 AM

Dec 2009
MysticHrist said:
First impression, 8/10.

Wodan appearing right in Episode 1? Oh yes.

Hahahah I was like "WTF!?! why is he here at the very beginning!?!" xD and yeah it seems as though you have to play the game to understand everything but I liked the episode :) also pertty bad-ass of Axel as always xD and what's up with the boobs? xD
Nov 21, 2010 9:54 PM

Sep 2009
Oh fuck ya.
She called it the Weissy. That makes me happy.
Excellen didn't call her beloved White Knight by it's real name the entire last series.
Her nipples showing through the flight suit was a bit much though. Either her nipples are made of diamonds, or the suit it made of silk.
The animation is GORGEOUS. So much better then Divine Wars.

And it seems to be focusing on Kyo instead of Ryu. This also makes me happy.

guyklc said:
Eh..... the game is much better.

Wasn't very impressed. It just seems like you had to have played the game to understand what's going on. Then, the art also really bothered me. I really wished they used the art from the game instead.

Oh well, I'll still stick to it for a bit because I really liked SRW OG 2.

I would highly argue that anyone playing the first chapter of the game would be equally confused.

I don't understand why first episodes always get these kinds of comments. Not to be rude or anything, but how the fuck is the first episode supposed to give rhyme or reason to everything that will come?

slax said:
No Cybuster or Lune in the intro/outro respectively (and a million others, but those were the noticeable ones)
]

Ffffff.

Now I have a reason to dislike the OP.
No Cybuster.
;-;

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 3 Discussion

garfield15 - Oct 17, 2010

31 by zurgboy00 »»
Aug 4, 2017 10:14 AM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 26 Discussion

slax - Apr 1, 2011

19 by Zankantou »»
Oct 20, 2016 9:32 PM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 9 Discussion

slax - Nov 26, 2010

17 by LoongFeels »»
Apr 8, 2014 12:03 AM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 8 Discussion

slax - Nov 19, 2010

23 by LoongFeels »»
Apr 7, 2014 8:28 AM

Poll: » Super Robot Taisen OG: The Inspector Episode 7 Discussion

slax - Nov 12, 2010

11 by LoongFeels »»
Apr 7, 2014 7:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.