Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 8 Discussion

Apr 27, 2018 3:08 AM

Good intro about the Galactic wars and the history. Oberstein is cool as always. Looks like Reinhard is playing a dual game, with Seigfried, he adopts a noble and gentle style, but with Oberstein, he uses the harsh and dirty ways.

Reinhard is a one dimensional character for all I care. He just wants to conquer the universe without purpose or meaning, for the only reason because he despises them. I also didn't get how Reinhard went from killing Oberstein to appointing him in a mere matter of minutes just because he was "outspoken". But reflecting on it now, I think that Reinhard noticed that Seigfried was too timid a person to carry out orders and may disagree with some of his actions, no matter how necessary they may be. To be frank, he may not have the guts to attain victory at the cost of his conscience. So, he took Oberstein, who looked to be a person who can assist him on this part of the action side.

In summary, for Reinhard, Seigfried is the angel part of his mind, while Oberstein is the devil part of his mind. Let's see if the whole thing becomes better.

BTW, Kaiser means emperor, used as a term in olden times. You will see a lot of historical references in this anime.

Yaoi subtext continues.
Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Aug 28, 2018 11:43 PM

Kind of amazing how Reinhard has no problem with making an ally out of Oberstein without expecting any friendship or loyalty. Sounds like he's buying into a risky advantage.

Nov 20, 2018 4:01 PM

I like Oberstain. He looks like he has ulterior motives

Dec 11, 2018 8:06 PM

The History lesson was great, the way everyone is aware of Reinhard's ambition not so much. On tge other hand, I am now quite interested in the current Kaiser, thanks to this.

4/5 Now, on-hold until I've read a few more manga tomes...

"pedo" ? Seriously...
Modified by Rei366, Dec 11, 2018 10:09 PM

Pages (2) « 1 [2]