Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 27, 2018 3:08 AM

Sep 2017
Good intro about the Galactic wars and the history. Oberstein is cool as always. Looks like Reinhard is playing a dual game, with Seigfried, he adopts a noble and gentle style, but with Oberstein, he uses the harsh and dirty ways.

Reinhard is a one dimensional character for all I care. He just wants to conquer the universe without purpose or meaning, for the only reason because he despises them. I also didn't get how Reinhard went from killing Oberstein to appointing him in a mere matter of minutes just because he was "outspoken". But reflecting on it now, I think that Reinhard noticed that Seigfried was too timid a person to carry out orders and may disagree with some of his actions, no matter how necessary they may be. To be frank, he may not have the guts to attain victory at the cost of his conscience. So, he took Oberstein, who looked to be a person who can assist him on this part of the action side.

In summary, for Reinhard, Seigfried is the angel part of his mind, while Oberstein is the devil part of his mind. Let's see if the whole thing becomes better.

BTW, Kaiser means emperor, used as a term in olden times. You will see a lot of historical references in this anime.

Yaoi subtext continues.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Aug 28, 2018 11:43 PM

Feb 2017
Kind of amazing how Reinhard has no problem with making an ally out of Oberstein without expecting any friendship or loyalty. Sounds like he's buying into a risky advantage.
Nov 20, 2018 4:01 PM

Jan 2013
I like Oberstain. He looks like he has ulterior motives
Dec 11, 2018 8:06 PM

Dec 2015
The History lesson was great, the way everyone is aware of Reinhard's ambition not so much. On tge other hand, I am now quite interested in the current Kaiser, thanks to this.

4/5 Now, on-hold until I've read a few more manga tomes...

"pedo" ? Seriously...
Rei_IIIDec 11, 2018 10:09 PM
Sep 20, 2019 10:06 AM

Sep 2018
In terms of action, this series does not seem to be at the level of Tomino's, but in terms of political strategy and not only, and dialogues, this anime series is valuable.
Oct 20, 2019 6:37 AM

Oct 2012
So everyone are already suspicious about Reinhard's actions

I guess the Empire is going to fall afterall, we just don't know how and when
"Signature removed"
Apr 16, 2020 9:42 PM

Jul 2019
Best episode so far.
Oct 29, 2020 3:49 AM

Jul 2016
eski514 said:
Kind of amazing how Reinhard has no problem with making an ally out of Oberstein without expecting any friendship or loyalty. Sounds like he's buying into a risky advantage.

I kind of got the impression he is going to be his left hand while Seigfried will be his right.
Feb 3, 2021 7:23 AM

Aug 2018
A bit of a slower episode but still enjoyable.

I'm interested in seeing what happens with Oberstein as I feel like he's going to backstab Reinhard
_______I like rocks__
Apr 3, 2021 2:28 PM

Feb 2012
2021 Rewatch

So we get some of the backstory from the novel's prologue about Rudolph and Heinessen and Reinhard's question if he could do what Rudolph did from the first couple of chapters.

Oberstein proves to be an interesting character. That he'd show his cybernetic eyes means he'd thinks Reinhard may understand his position (and Kircheis when they previously met).

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 4, 2021 2:48 PM
May 2020
I really didn't think that the Kaiser would have this mentality. maybe he's just a victim of circumstance. A magnificent end to a magnificent empire I guess
Sep 1, 2021 1:05 AM

Dec 2018
show gets better all the time, wish i would have paid more attention the first time i tried
Dec 13, 2021 9:13 AM
Nov 2020
Every time I watch this show, I'm half-expecting Reinhard to give us one of those Griffith Hawk Eyes
Apr 4, 2022 4:12 AM

Dec 2007
:o
nothing much more to say, the politics in this episode just amazed me, reinhard knows his stuff.

to me, the fact the kaiser knows about reinhard ambitious is quite simple, he isn't kaiser because he wants too but because it's the trade of the empire. the empire is used to have that, and he doesn't wants to rule it much himself. the way i see it, he's feeling the same as reinhard, that the empire system is just old and need to be replaced. and doesn't do it himself because people of the empire is used to it.
the problem will start with the nobels and the superiors, who would prefer to have their status, or even take his seat themself. it might even become game of thrones.

more importantly is the fact that reinhard though wants to destroy the empire foundation, he wants to rule the space himself, which seems contradiction. but it can be explained easily by the fact that empire's people cannot think of state without define ruler. even in reinhard vision he won't be kaiser but still will rule the space in another position.

all this just shows me that this anime ideas just getting better and better.
Aug 29, 2022 8:24 AM
Feb 2019
Brilliant, I wonder if Obersteins eyes are the kaisers surce of information... It seemed to me that they implied this... If not the kaiser is not so expired as it would seem.
Nov 11, 2022 9:26 AM

May 2018
And here the petty scheming starts. Flowers are much better
Jan 3, 2023 10:00 AM

Aug 2018
Great dialogues and whole episode just had nice development, can't believe all 3 chiefs just siimply resigned over this, also Oberstein asking to be accepted by Reinhard was really done nicely

Kaiser seems to be avare of whats about to happen but guess he doesn't bother to stop it instatly
FigvaJan 3, 2023 10:12 AM
May 6, 2023 8:37 AM

Aug 2020
Oberstein seems to be tough to handle, there needs to be more than expertise to deal with him carefully. Kircheis reaction towards his meeting with Reinhard was expected...

May 21, 2023 5:51 PM
Dec 2021
Good episode. Although I thought after the flagship was destroyed all the fortress garrison retreated? Anyway, I enjoyed the explanation for why Oberstein is needed, as the cold and ruthless opposite of Siegfried. Reinhard's logic of, well he can do it then so can I, works pretty well. Not a great episode but some good character moments. Reinhard could probably establish a military dictatorship any minute now, but I feel he will wait for the perfect time. Despite Reinhard's talk of anti-corruption, he clearly is just incredibly ambitious. 
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.