Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Initial D
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 28, 2010 8:11 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh I gotta say I was seriously confused on who was gonna win, I literally thought I was a 4 year old kid who cant predict the obvious =o

I loved this series, having finished this serie in a day, I'm giving it a 9. Just the thrill I needed after so long =)

I so wanna play the arcade again!!
Nov 14, 2010 2:10 PM

Aug 2010
Even under pressure, Tak know what to do at the precise moment.

All those years with his father to lecture him developed his skill even to scare the big shots up at the top.

Right now I'd like to know where his father got all his sick moves from.
May 9, 2012 1:58 PM

Jun 2008
As racing goes i guess it was decent ending but as characters go it really left them incomplete. Tatsumi still seem a little too indifferent and cold to the viewer, the other two just stayed without their girls, i don't know. I felt like something was missing. Still it was good fun so not too bad.
Aug 18, 2012 6:59 PM

Mar 2009
Dammit I wanted him to lose.
Sep 18, 2012 9:08 AM

Jul 2011
Amazing! I loved this series, I can't believe it took me so long to watch it.

Now I have a strong desire to drive and do some drift but it's better not since I already had an accident this year...

I'm going to watch the second season right now!

9/10
Dec 4, 2012 7:02 PM

Jun 2012
epic finish, quite enjoyed this series, really makes me wana pass my test and buy a car :P ive even been looking around for an 86 xD
Mar 3, 2013 11:23 PM

Jun 2011
;_; for Ryousuke!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 1, 2013 2:22 PM

Nov 2011
Nice win Takumi! I knew he'd do it!

Overall, great series 8/10. Animation is a bit old though but I don't give a damn. The intensity and OST makes up for that. Will watch 2nd season later today likely..
Aug 14, 2013 7:57 PM

Feb 2013
Nice end.

Can't say the result wasn't expected, but it's the ride that matters ;)

The regular animation and story weren't very good, but every race was fantastic! I think I'll be giving this one a 6/10 (above average).
Jun 6, 2014 1:44 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty cool ending. The Night Kids guys were right, that part of the track was where the race was decided for sure, although the gutter section was nicely done too.

Hope something happens with Iketani and Mako in the future but I'm doubtful. Just would be nice. Will have to watch Second Stage at some point and see how the story continues.

7/10. Enjoyed more as it went on. ^^
Oct 26, 2014 7:28 AM

Jun 2012
I cant believe ryosuke was so foolhardy to try and widen the gap with still that much of the race to go. After that point I knew takumi would win. He's better at chasing than he is at running. Still awesome tho.

Great show I loved it. The music was awesome too. My only complaint is that I wished they would have kept the first op.
Jan 4, 2015 1:50 AM

Aug 2014
Great end. Really enjoyed the ride of the First Stage. Onward to the second season!
Mar 26, 2015 11:19 PM

Mar 2012
Very enjoyable first season, even though most of the races where on the same track each one it didn't feel like you were just watching a repeat of the first race. The OST was pretty good and the CG was tolerable for a 90s anime. Only thing I disliked was how annoying Itsuki was most of the time, besides that pretty great. Looking forward to S2 :)
May 25, 2015 9:26 AM

Jan 2015
Great way to end the season, didn't expect that result.
Except for the inconsistent drama and annoying Itsuki, it was a very good watch.

Heading to Second Stage !
Jun 1, 2015 12:08 PM

May 2015
Really thought they might have had him lose.

"Maybe in 6 months I'll be as good as you"
"What a load of horse crap"

If it wasn't for Itsuki no one would've been pumped about anything. Itsuki rules.
Jun 15, 2015 11:09 PM

Sep 2014
This show was fucking amazing

it's really refreshing to see people acting like humans instead of over the top cartoon characters
Oct 27, 2015 8:29 PM
Oct 2013
I still think Iketani is the victim of this story...I wish Mako meets with him.
Feb 23, 2016 9:32 AM

Aug 2014
Welp, that was intense.
10/10 for enjoyment.
I hope that double-date plan will come true.
Mar 14, 2016 6:51 PM
Jan 2016
Rrecool said:

I hope that double-date plan will come true.

^This

Mogi sucks.
Apr 25, 2016 1:14 PM

Nov 2015
I personally think this stage was absolutely fantastic. The characters feel so real. It's not like other animes with unrealistic characters that would never fit this world. Not that there
s anything wrong with that but the realism is what makes this show golden.

The music during the races helped create a marvellous experience. It was very enjoyable to watch. Definetly looking forward to watching the second stage as well.

Personally I liked the second OP more than the first one but they were both great btw.
May 16, 2016 10:22 AM

Jul 2015
When they simultaneously drifted into that corner and Ryosuke understeered wide and Takumi crossover drifted in front of him, I honestly got goosebumps watching that.

The show was amazing and god damn the ost !
May 16, 2016 11:47 PM

May 2012
Epic victory! Really great ending if you ask me! The overall development of this first season was also amazing, with some really awesome character development thrown in as well!

That said, this sure was a great anime to marathon and I sure am looking for the following seasons!

All in all a great anime series I must say!
Jun 7, 2016 2:48 AM

Mar 2010
I thought he's gonna lose this one, which would give him some determination and obvious way to expand the plot, but he won. Now I'm curious what happens next. Great anime, great soundtrack, awful 3D, but who cares, it's still better than the one in Berserk movies.

That's some signature, eh?
Jul 2, 2016 5:03 PM

Aug 2011
Incredible series, enjoyed every episode even though I doubted how amazing a racing anime could be. Now I love eurobeat and I love Initial D.
Oct 31, 2016 8:58 AM
Nov 2009
So the MC didn't lose a single battle huh. This show would've been so much better without the unnecessary romance, cannon fodder team who always needed to beg Takumi for doing anything, really, and Takumi's loudmouth friend. Other than that I Still enjoyed this. 8/10
Jan 13, 2017 6:17 AM

Oct 2012
Night kids, nahhh more like tsundere kids xD

Still hoping for Mako and Iketani... I don't know about romance in this anime
But they're kinda cute together, they're both just a bit dumb.. I hope they can be a couple

Well time to see another season of eurobeat animu racing xD
"Signature removed"
Sep 27, 2017 9:11 AM

Nov 2016
Very good show overall, thrilling, funny and easy to watch.

Only complaint is the cheesy 90s music which doesn't really suit my taste but fitted well with the show.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 12, 2017 8:22 PM

Mar 2016
WOW...

I never thought I'd be so invested in an anime about cars but godDAMN that was amazing.

"You know Dad, if you give me another 6 months or so I might even become a better driver than you."

"What a load of horse crap. I'll always be better than a baby."

I thought his dad was an asshole in the beginning, but I really warmed up to his character and I can tell he's a very sweet and considerate man underneath.

NEXT SEASON BOUTA BE LIT. BUNTA MIGHT GET HIS ASS WHOOPED.

See you guys soon. ^ ^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2017 3:57 AM

Jan 2013
I loved this season. 8/10
Feb 5, 2018 7:41 AM

Jun 2013
Wow, that was fun. I wonder if Takumi and Bunta will ever race each other. I give Initial D a 9.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Feb 7, 2018 3:07 PM

May 2014
That was pretty nice.
Apr 4, 2018 1:49 PM

Jan 2013
That was one hell of an anime, took me only 3 days to complete even tho I've been busy studying and working.

Nice characters, I liked every single one of them, I even ended up liking Itsuki who annoyed me at first, but in the end he was a good friend to Takumi and that's what matters the most
Sep 1, 2018 2:13 PM

Sep 2011
As expected, Takumi won again. Both because he was able to stay calm after he saw a chance, and because it was Akina's pass. This race was pretty cool, but it was still unsavory to see Shingo, and the way Iketani was dooming Takumi from the start, but then commemorated like a fool when he won. This time Itsuki was at least a bit original, and was being annoying by believing in Takumi, but I could bet that as soon as there's another race they will starting saying AGAIN that Takumi has no chance to win, just to keep things "fresh". But let's see what's in store, this is still just the beginning.
Sep 20, 2018 7:38 PM

Feb 2018
This series is really fun 9/10.
I really want to take a driving license.
Dec 21, 2018 3:12 PM
Aug 2017
Holy fuck that was amazing
Feb 3, 2019 9:56 AM

Aug 2013
Takumi won in the end.

Great series overall. 8/10.

Jun 17, 2019 11:09 AM
Apr 2016
Ah, that was so nerv wrecking, I had no clue who'd win. The new technique Takumi used was really interesting, it's really powerful. I'm glad that Takumi managed to win at the end, I felt so happy, haha. Great anime, time to binge the other seasons too!
Jul 28, 2019 8:16 AM

Jun 2015
I was expecting Takumi to lose and then going for mastering Akina even further. But this actual outcome is pretty understandable and justifiable. And go for Mako on Second Stage, Iketani boy.
Jul 30, 2019 2:56 AM

Oct 2011
Holy shit.

The last few episodes were unreal. The intense atmosphere and build-up for the final race at Mt. Akina—with pressure so thick you could cut through it with a knife—I felt like I was there.

Everything felt so real and unpredictable.

Watching this in 2019 where Attack on Titan is considered the God of Anime, Initial D just slid into my top 5.
Mar 26, 2020 6:21 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The races were awesome and Takumi was great, Mogi worst character. 8/10 I hope the next seasons are great
Apr 9, 2020 10:10 AM

Feb 2014
THAT WAS SOOO DOPE!!!

Onto the Second Stage we goooo........
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Apr 9, 2020 6:11 PM

Mar 2017
SpiritGT said:
THAT WAS SOOO DOPE!!!

Onto the Second Stage we goooo........

You better be excited, the rest of the series are gonna be good for you :D

Apr 25, 2020 4:10 PM

Feb 2015
im not sure if this was posted in the thread from earlier but does anyone have the list of song names from this episode (excluding the opening and ending) that would be awesome lol
May 10, 2020 5:00 PM

Mar 2017
berserkersoul said:
im not sure if this was posted in the thread from earlier but does anyone have the list of song names from this episode (excluding the opening and ending) that would be awesome lol

The first one (during the battle): Night & Day - Mr Groove (Mega NRG Man)
The last moment of the race: Beat Of The Rising Sun - Dave Rodgers
After the race: Take Me Higher - M.O.V.E

May 17, 2020 10:21 AM

Feb 2015
Hydropanic said:
berserkersoul said:

The first one (during the battle): Night & Day - Mr Groove (Mega NRG Man)
The last moment of the race: Beat Of The Rising Sun - Dave Rodgers
After the race: Take Me Higher - M.O.V.E

thank you!!!!! lol ive been searching for the first song for forever
Jun 9, 2020 1:17 PM

Oct 2013
While I pretty much expected Takumi to win, somewhere deep inside I wanted him to lose. By that the ending could've been more dramatic and a defeat could've been a nice trigger to encourage Takumi to work even harder on polishing his talent and learn more about driving and cars.

But anyway, the finale was good. Effects and tension really corresponded with each other. It was not my favorite duel in the series, although it was definitely one of the most impressive (if not the most impressive) when it comes to seeing technical driving skills alone.

This anime was great. It had really cool and likeable characters, both main and secondary ones; decent opponents; awesome music (I like eurobeat unironically, so I could enjoy it even more while watching this anime); good art and animation. I really appreciate how much the creators of this show put into showing details of different techniques or driving a car in general, both in theory (when characters explained some things to each other) and in practice (during the race). It was cool to see and learn more about great cars from that times.

This show is definitely must-watch for everyone who like cars and everything related to automotive world, and as well for people who just like to watch good and interesting animes.
Jul 16, 2020 1:58 PM

Feb 2008
A satisfying finale.

Off to watch some more.
Aug 9, 2020 8:19 PM
Oct 2019
What a fantastic series. 8/10 easy.

I understand the feeling that by having Takumi win it doesn't help develop his character. But I also get the impression that Takumi views it as a loss, that he only won because he got lucky. And he's taking Ryosuke's words to heart that there's so much more out there. I think they can easily make it a leaning moment in which to develop him further.

I *ALSO* agree that Iketani and Itsuki are MORONS for not trying to hit those girls back up. I totally get That they're fairly young and inexperienced, and lacking confidence. But c'mon man! The boss guy even told Iketani to quit being so negative and dumb and he still blew it.

Love the soundtrack. It's perfect and nostalgic-ish.

One last thing (I think), was that clip of Natsuki riding in the car with some random guy earlier in the season the guy who was talking about her being a slut in the locker room? The one Takumi beat up? Was that a flashback of when she was still dating the locker room guy? Idk, they never addressed it again.
HagePotPotatoAug 9, 2020 9:13 PM
Oct 7, 2020 5:30 PM
Mar 2020
Dako said:
Incredible series, enjoyed every episode even though I doubted how amazing a racing anime could be. Now I love eurobeat and I love Initial D.

Soundtrack is amazing. And yeah your right theres nothing better then that 90s eurobeat type vibe.
Oct 7, 2020 5:34 PM
Mar 2020
Adnash93 said:
While I pretty much expected Takumi to win, somewhere deep inside I wanted him to lose. By that the ending could've been more dramatic and a defeat could've been a nice trigger to encourage Takumi to work even harder on polishing his talent and learn more about driving and cars.

But anyway, the finale was good. Effects and tension really corresponded with each other. It was not my favorite duel in the series, although it was definitely one of the most impressive (if not the most impressive) when it comes to seeing technical driving skills alone.

This anime was great. It had really cool and likeable characters, both main and secondary ones; decent opponents; awesome music (I like eurobeat unironically, so I could enjoy it even more while watching this anime); good art and animation. I really appreciate how much the creators of this show put into showing details of different techniques or driving a car in general, both in theory (when characters explained some things to each other) and in practice (during the race). It was cool to see and learn more about great cars from that times.

This show is definitely must-watch for everyone who like cars and everything related to automotive world, and as well for people who just like to watch good and interesting animes.

Good review; can pretty much agree with this.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Initial D First Stage Episode 19 Discussion

Tiago97 - Feb 9, 2012

46 by Minakata_Hizuru »»
Apr 15, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Initial D First Stage Episode 25 Discussion

Tiago97 - Feb 11, 2012

27 by Steks »»
Feb 25, 2:35 AM

Poll: » Initial D First Stage Episode 9 Discussion

Tiago97 - Feb 2, 2012

29 by Steks »»
Feb 21, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Initial D First Stage Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

loghneckbeard - Feb 25, 2010

70 by Jules4Evangelion »»
Feb 16, 5:52 AM

Poll: » Initial D First Stage Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tiago97 - Feb 10, 2012

82 by Kraum »»
Jan 10, 5:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.