Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 31, 2021 4:50 AM

Apr 2020
This anime is great!

I like their friendship, no matter what happens they still help each other, even though their lives are threatened.

I'm happy to see Mario can do boxing again, I'm sure he can become world champion.

overall 8/10
Dec 2, 2021 11:55 AM

May 2020
i always come back to this anime. This is probably the first anime that i liked because of it's cons. Manga writer seems to focus on friendship in a way that you can never forget. This is the best friendship drama mixed anime i have watched.

9/10 for me.

defaulticusApr 18, 2022 7:06 AM
Feb 8, 2022 11:59 AM
May 2017
Late to the party, but what a beautiful story. 8.5/10 overall imo (rated it 9).

I would've given it a 10, but the circumstances with bro's death+ no soldier sub plot took away some points. I didn't like how Mario got with his dead homie's gf either. But one thing this story nailed was it's realism. Homies fuck up in real life, and I guess bro's death brought them closer. I don't like it, but I didn't take anything from the score because of it. Because this type of thing definitely occurs.

I'd say Turtle is my favorite character among the guys though. He's selfless and even though some of his friends mistreated him, he never held grudges and accepted them back even though he didn't have to. He's a friend in the truest sense, and everyone should want one like him. But sadly, friends like these are taken for granted. I'm happy his friends saw the error in their ways and made amends. Many friendships end because of things like these. Everyone wants a friend that forgives their mistakes but no one ever wants to humble themselves and admit they were at fault. It's important that every once in a while we take a step back and look at our own actions and words, then think how it affects those close to us. Something to think about...
Quanda1eDing1eFeb 8, 2022 12:04 PM
Mar 22, 2022 1:09 PM
Jul 2020
This anime is very good, very true to reality. Honestly, whenever the characters have a problem I always cry, it's because the problem is exactly with my life. In this anime, we also learn that our hard work doesn't always get perfect results. Even so, we still have to keep going even though we often fall.

Mar 22, 2022 1:09 PM
Jul 2020
Ini anime sangat bagus, sangat sesuai dengan kenyataan. Jujur saja, setiap kali para karakternya punya masalah aku selalu menangis, itu karena masalahnya persis dengan kehidupanku. Di anime ini juga belajar bahwa tidak selamanya kerja keras kita itu mendapatkan hasil yang sempurna. Meskipun begitu, kita tetap harus tetap maju walaupun seringkali terjatuh.

May 29, 2022 7:47 AM

Jan 2021
Thank you for ending this show with the best ending that it could get.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i become a boomer or new seasonals animes are not hitting the spot anymore ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dec 29, 2022 12:33 PM
May 2022
This masterpiece is not your ordinary "family friendly" show as it perfectly describes a both physical and psychological reality.
Rainbow embodies the true meaning of friendship and brotherhood. This shows you (or quick reminds you) that it doesn't matter how deep downc in the well you might fall,  you deserve happiness as much as others do.
Same goes for those who not only have payed for what they've done, but for those who repented as well.
MahdiXIIIApr 2, 2023 4:01 AM
Jan 21, 2023 6:01 AM

Jan 2021
We are missing Solider arc!

Even without it series is great but that would be a great finishing touch before the ending

We never learned what was his story, why he ended up in the prison...

It isn't an proper ending but it's enough to pass

8/10, 2nd half didn't hit me as hard as the first one
Mar 11, 2023 2:42 PM

Jul 2020
the show had an incredibly solid start, inspirational ending, it's really good overall, but the middle part is just so bad... the ep.11 must be one of the worst stupidest episodes I've seen in my life, and the next several ones were pretty weak too. Only because of the truly horrible ep11 I'm rating this only 8/10
Jul 24, 2023 3:28 AM

Aug 2011
I just happened to stumble across this anime and I'm glad I did. 'Rainbow' is a gritty 'diamond-in-the- rough' as well as a sleeper. 

I found myself rooting for these society misfits, hoping that each finds that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And although that didn't happen, it was still an intense ride I was happy to see them overcome their obstacles. 

I admit to having a few issues with certain circumstances, (I just summed it up that this was post-war Japan), but the main one is everyone had a back story, except 'Soldier'. What's up with that? Was his history too clean that it was unmentionable? 

Overall, it was a great anime and one I highly recommend. 
Jul 30, 2023 12:14 AM
Oct 2022
amazing story, likable characters, good messages, an underrated gem highly recommend
Oct 11, 2023 1:11 AM

Aug 2016
Good, positive ending. Missing Heitei’s story, so I’m going to read it.
Dec 21, 2023 8:59 AM
Oct 2022
Well written story, enjoyed every minute.
Dec 24, 2023 3:06 AM
Aug 2021
One of the best anime i ever watch
Jan 1, 3:39 AM

Aug 2020
I just completed watching this what a great show, every deserves big bro like Sakuragi.
Jan 19, 12:11 AM
Jul 2008
Reply to Florete
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really? No topic yet?

Decent series overall, though lack of a proper Soldier story disappointed me. 7/10.
@Florete

I agree, Soldier is the only one whose background that didn't get a deep dive, which is a shame. Otherwise it was a great story of survival and display of exemplary qualities we desire in of each other. Despite a repetitive formula pushing past the halfway mark of the series, the bonds, the emotion and the "nakama way" were all too overwhelming to think anything negative of the series.
"To see with eyes unclouded by hate"

-Prince Ashitaka, "Princess Mononoke"
Jan 19, 12:13 PM

May 2020
Reply to Amagai
@Florete

I agree, Soldier is the only one whose background that didn't get a deep dive, which is a shame. Otherwise it was a great story of survival and display of exemplary qualities we desire in of each other. Despite a repetitive formula pushing past the halfway mark of the series, the bonds, the emotion and the "nakama way" were all too overwhelming to think anything negative of the series.
@Amagai
Soldier's arc is very good. You need to continue to the manga which has epic drawings <3
Jan 19, 1:01 PM
Jul 2008
Reply to defaulticus
@Amagai
Soldier's arc is very good. You need to continue to the manga which has epic drawings <3
@defaulticus

Will do, thanks for the suggestion!
"To see with eyes unclouded by hate"

-Prince Ashitaka, "Princess Mononoke"
Mar 5, 9:23 AM

Nov 2021
What an amazing series! I really loved it. After the 14th episode, I wondered how the anime would progress, and it didn't disappoint. It was pretty good.
My only complaint is the lack of attention towards Soldier. It would've been nice to see a proper story from him too.
Mar 5, 12:11 PM

May 2020
Reply to prozyne
What an amazing series! I really loved it. After the 14th episode, I wondered how the anime would progress, and it didn't disappoint. It was pretty good.
My only complaint is the lack of attention towards Soldier. It would've been nice to see a proper story from him too.
@prozyne

His arc in manga is very good. Anime covers around 40% of the manga. It's drawing is perfect too. I wanted to inform you. Have fun my friend <3
Mar 6, 9:10 PM

Nov 2021
Reply to defaulticus
@prozyne

His arc in manga is very good. Anime covers around 40% of the manga. It's drawing is perfect too. I wanted to inform you. Have fun my friend <3
@defaulticus
Thanks for the info!
I'll definitely check out the manga later since I loved the anime.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DrRoboto - Jul 20, 2010

79 by Gabi15 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

shanimebib - Jun 22, 2010

182 by AnimeDownUnder »»
Mar 22, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tomimi - Jul 6, 2010

111 by prozyne »»
Mar 4, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShanaFlame - Apr 3, 2010

279 by prozyne »»
Feb 28, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - May 5, 2010

150 by Dywei »»
Jan 26, 7:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.