Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2010 3:55 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really? No topic yet?

Decent series overall, though lack of a proper Soldier story disappointed me. 7/10.
Sep 28, 2010 9:22 PM

Sep 2009
Great show, this was one of my favorites. I'm glad something actually turned out positively in the last episode.
Sep 29, 2010 1:10 AM
Nov 2008
I'm disappointed that Rainbow ended and that the chances of season 2 are really low.
I was looking forward to the return of Setsuko and Soldiers arc and i thought i read somewhere that there was another time skip in the future.
Sep 29, 2010 9:30 AM

Dec 2007
Wonderful ending ^^ the boxing fight was awesome.
Sep 29, 2010 3:32 PM

Mar 2010
Ah man I needed more boxing,

Like the ending; almost made me kinda emotional towards the ending

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 29, 2010 4:40 PM

Jul 2008
My favourite series this season, ending was wrapped up a bit quick but still good. I'm not sure there would be enough content there for another full series seeing as its all pretty much resolved. I'd give it a 9/10.
Sep 29, 2010 4:55 PM

Feb 2010
Where did you get this?

I was expecting Horriblesubs to release it, but they haven't so far...
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 29, 2010 5:09 PM

Jan 2010
I hope they make a season 2. Didnt you guys see how badass mario looked on the ring!?!
Sep 29, 2010 5:22 PM

Jun 2008
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Where did you get this?

I was expecting Horriblesubs to release it, but they haven't so far...

I streamed it on FUNimation's site. That's where HorribleSubs rips it from anyway, so if you have access and don't mind streaming you might as well watch it there.
Sep 29, 2010 7:06 PM

Nov 2009
Wow! This is one great episode to finish the series. I am very satisfied.
The boxing fight scene with Mario was just amazing. That is great he can finally use his right hand in a boxing ring.
Even though I am watching this episode on my PC that fight scene really pump me up like if I was there in the audience. :)
It was very emotional towards the ending. Love the ending specially An-chan last words. "What is life, without happiness?"

10/10
Sep 29, 2010 7:49 PM
Nov 2007
I shed a manly tear or two. Great ending.

I want the manga to know the rest of the story!!!
Sep 29, 2010 7:58 PM

Nov 2007
Great series, truly a gem =)
Haven't seen anything this great lately,
Love the storyline and the bond that the 6 developed and showed how friendship mean so much
Great series, a no brainer 10/10 for me...= )
Sep 29, 2010 9:28 PM
Dec 2009
Great ending, go anchan! =)

Sep 29, 2010 10:42 PM
Aug 2010
i think it ended really well i would love to see a second season but i am satisfied with this ending very glad we had another anchan appearance at the end and having the opening song playing while Mario was boxing was so amazing i will really miss this series!
Sep 30, 2010 12:47 AM

Feb 2008
Still wonder why we didn't get a Heitai arc...
Anyway, good ending for a really great series. Gets a 9/10 from me.
Sep 30, 2010 3:06 AM

Feb 2010
9/10 really a great show.
Sep 30, 2010 6:17 AM

Dec 2008
Great ending!
I'm gonna miss those guys!
Marry me, Mario!!
Sep 30, 2010 8:43 AM

Aug 2010
wow its really ended :(

The last episode was really good
Sep 30, 2010 9:31 AM

Feb 2010
Just watched the last episode and it was really a good ending.
I enjoyed this show and felt connected to the characters more than I expected.
In the middle there were some episodes that really almost made me give up on this series and robbed me of my motivation to continue watching it, but it recovered quickly and got at least as good as the first half again.
8/10, maybe 9/10 if it weren't for those weak episodes in the middle of the series and if there was a proper Heitai story. I really missed that, he was one of my favorites in the show and the only one whi didn't get a background story :/.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 30, 2010 9:39 AM

Nov 2009
8/10. Good in the story department, sometimes lacking in the entertainment.
There was a mixture of i really don't feel like watching this and this is awesome throughout the show. I enjoyed the realistic aspect of how not every little thing turned out perfect for the characters. I just didn't like the fact anchan ruined the realism by being perfect and over righteous. The friendship aspect was a bit overdone as well for me.
I did enjoy the second half a lot more than the first; the prison atmosphere and the annoying guard just ruined my day. Despite the second part being very cut and dry arcs, they were unique.
Sep 30, 2010 12:39 PM

Mar 2008
One of the masterpieces of anime. I hope a new one, perfect as this, comes next.
- I almost shed a tear '-'. So perfect :D!
Sep 30, 2010 3:58 PM

Jul 2007
Excellent anime overall. Lacking of nearly nothing. Everything was solid, showing life can get really though. Really sad it ended, almost shed a tear or two at the end ^.^

9/10
Sep 30, 2010 4:17 PM

Jan 2010
I would've loved to see a Soldier Arc, but the ending was satisfying enough. Great series. 9/10
Sep 30, 2010 6:12 PM

Jun 2010
Well we all know about Soldiers missing arc, but aside from that I really wish some more background would have been given about them, I dont really remember any past history of people like Cabbage and again Soldier.Still I got to admit for a filler ending, very nice wrap up, who knows about a season 2.

All in all watching this series was a nice change from the typical comedy/harem/ ecchi series of this season and the prior one. Im glad I decided to watch it.
Sep 30, 2010 6:53 PM

Sep 2009
Well damn, this kinda surprised me, the ending was really nice compared to all the other shitty ones throughout the Summer. I'm kind of torn between a 6 or a 7, i'll just leave it at a 6 for now.

Sep 30, 2010 9:25 PM

Dec 2009
... quite a disappointment.. Mario got 2 arcs but Solider none ? -.-'
the show overused a lot of cheap drama during the individual arcs so 6/10.
Oct 1, 2010 8:40 AM

Jul 2009
I don't really care that each person has an arc or not because I only care of the general feeling I get from this anime and the ending left a good impression on me. To be able to have a will to conquer all obstacles. I'm surprised the meaning of rainbow didn't come clearer to me earlier on but nonetheless, this is a fabulous anime. It had its slow times but I felt like it was necessary because it is a story about the harsh reality of life, so with that said, it portrayed these events of life quite clearly. I would give it a 10/10 but it is missing something I can't exactly touch upon at the moment, so for now, a solid 9/10.
Oct 1, 2010 8:41 AM

Jul 2009
I don't really care that each person has an arc or not because I only care of the general feeling I get from this anime and the ending left a good impression on me. To be able to have a will to conquer all obstacles. I'm surprised the meaning of rainbow didn't come clearer to me earlier on but nonetheless, this is a fabulous anime. It had its slow times but I felt like it was necessary because it is a story about the harsh reality of life, so with that said, it portrayed these events of life quite clearly. I would give it a 10/10 but it is missing something I can't exactly touch upon at the moment, so for now, a solid 9/10.
Oct 1, 2010 12:16 PM

Mar 2009
No Soldier arc but I still liked this series. 10/10.
Oct 1, 2010 2:20 PM

Aug 2008
ahh can't believe it's over! one of my all time favorites!!
*badass mode activated*
Oct 1, 2010 2:45 PM

Mar 2009
Glad it finished on a good note. Although for Mario to be summed up in one episode is a little short.

None the less I'll give this a solid 9/10 ...i'll give them 10/10 once they promise to give me more ^^
Oct 1, 2010 4:25 PM

Aug 2008
This was one of the most disappointing shows of the year. After being postponed from last year, Rainbow came with the promise of a mature drama about the lives of young adults trapped in a world where they've been ignored by a society of adults who perpetuated war and mistreated its fellow citizens. What I got instead was a shounen melodrama of the most unintentionally gay order. Very quickly, the dark tone was shed for action and twists M. Night Shyamalan would wince at and characters that could have had depth were left one-dimensional. Top that off with the fact that the story (as bad as it was) took a nosedive after the first half, and Rainbow earns its score.

3/10
Oct 2, 2010 1:40 AM

Apr 2009
(9 + 7)/2 = 8

well.. that's good enough.. i still like the show despite all the bad elements of the second half.. it's a disappointment and i agree with noteDhero but i don't resent it.. again, another attempt of the new decade to present us with a supposed to be masterpiece of an anime ended up like this.. still, i like it and i just happened to be a high rater..
Oct 2, 2010 10:13 AM
Nov 2009
The first half of the show, it was a 9 for me, if it would have continued that way I would have given it a 10. But since after the second half or when Anchan died, it went down to a 7. But this was a descent ending, though I was expecting a hetai arc but it seemed that it didn't happen. Overall 8/10. This could have been a masterpiece imo but yeah people think differently. An ova would be awesome though about Hetai or like 10 years later or something.
Oct 2, 2010 2:18 PM

Jul 2008
5/10 for me. I thought some parts were way to cheesy or melodramatic. And I also hated a lot of the characters, and never got into the show. It felt like a chore to watch sometimes. I did enjoy Joe and Mario's arc though, and I would have liked a soldier one.
Oct 3, 2010 4:06 AM

Dec 2007
Started out promising, but turned out to be the cheesiest, over-the-top tough guy melodrama show I've seen in a long time. When shows start to explain character's actions by " He had to do it, because he was a man!" you know that it won't turn out good.

5/10
Oct 3, 2010 9:25 AM
Dec 2007
Very nice ending, Mario is definitely the most interesting character of the bunch and his story's logically the one to close everything. The show was really well structured overall and the production values were high, even though several things (some characters, the draaaaaaaaama, ridculous turns of event etc...) highly annoyed me and prevented me from liking the series more. 7,5 for me.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 3, 2010 1:30 PM

Aug 2010
does this show cover the whole manga?
Oct 3, 2010 11:31 PM

Sep 2009
Mario had to be my favourite character out of this series next to sakuragi he was a great character in this series and then my next favourite would have to be Turtle because how nice he was to everyone
this anime was really great me and my girlfriend both really enjoyed it
i loved the story , animation , the characters were likeable and i enjoyed seeing them grasp happiness in the end :) and the music was really great to
will really miss this series :'(

Oct 4, 2010 2:22 AM

Apr 2009
7/10 for me

some episodes were pretty good-ish
Oct 11, 2010 4:05 AM

Oct 2008
I am quite glad that I waited for this anime to finish before I started it because I wouldn't have had the patience to wait week after week for the episodes.
I was teary eyed throughout all the episodes...yes all of them. I found this anime quite sad.
I loved seeing Sakuragi's and Noboru's kindness most of all.

10/10 from me and fav as well.
Oct 19, 2010 1:29 AM
Jun 2009
Too bad there was no Soldier arc. :(
Oct 25, 2010 1:55 PM

May 2007
A great ending for a great show.

Oct 29, 2010 5:47 PM

Jun 2010
This is my favourite anime.
It had such a nice feel and throughout it I must have cried atleast 13 times.
I was reluctant about finishing the final episode but finally managed to do it.
This is my favourite anime :)

I don't remember at any points thinking "what is the writer trying to do here, is he just trying to trick me or something"
Even despite all the sadness there was in there past.
NevercoldOct 29, 2010 5:53 PM
I'd like to everything.
Nov 6, 2010 1:04 AM

May 2009
I loved the ending, it was a great conclusion to an awesome anime...they didn't do a Soldier arc though but it didn't matter much i guess...i can't believe this anime is over..i mean wow so many events happened happened in this anime that's hard to remember them all, all the drama,horror,romance and action scenes really made this anime its best. I still can't believe it...An-chan,Mario,Scam,Turtle,Cabbage,Soldier and Joe....I remembered all their names xD lol in the beginning when they introduced them i had no idea of all their names but since this anime showed details of every main character it was hard not to forget!

Overall this anime is awesome and i would rewatch it 9.5/10 (9.5 because of no Soldier Arc)
Nov 16, 2010 11:35 PM

Jul 2008
The show was great. I give it a 9/10. A minus 1 since there was no soldier arc. Other than that, the ending pretty much left me with an awesome satisfaction. This series started out as young men with no sense of hope. My first thought was, "Not one these animes again. I can waste my time with bitter endings." But I endured, and this turned out to be enjoyable. I was expecting a funny story arc for Cabbage but not a short one. I wish there would have been more for him than just one episode.
Nov 20, 2010 5:36 PM

Sep 2010
Ragna92 said:
does this show cover the whole manga?

no Mad House only animated either part of it or half of it. I wish they would have animated all of it since the manga ended in February.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 15, 2010 1:52 PM
Jul 2018
this series started off with a BANG! then slowly regained pacing...

i wont lie, the jail arc was amazing. 11/10 better than nething ive ever seen. the villains, the antagonists were so strong and done well. incredibly emotional, very thematic, dark, and truly something i doubt will ever be repeated

then.........after they get out...i wont lie it dropped to about a 7/10. the scam arc with the prostittute and everything else..was a bit slow and not really living up to the beginning of the series.

REGARDLESS, it was still dam good!!!

9/10!!
Jan 6, 2011 12:51 AM
Jun 2009
this is a very good anime. one of the best anime endings. and i just love the appearance of sakuragi in the end. quite nostalgic eh...=)

just like so many other, i too hoped for a setsuko appearance but she didnt...oh well, at least Mario managed to achieve his goals and the others did too. all in all, rainbow deserved 10/10 ! cheers to madhouse! hahaha
Jan 12, 2011 2:26 PM

Dec 2008
Wow, what a nice series. I think I teared up a little at the end. "What is life, without happiness?" I'm really gonna miss these guys. They've hit rock bottom and risen again.

I felt the first part of the series was strong, and once Anchan kicked the bucket I felt kind of shocked it came so soon. There were some parts that made me question things and endings that made me smile. The weakest part was some of the mid arcs, though I will admit I liked that ALMOST every character got their own episodic conclusion instead of seeing a little blurb like at the end of most movies: "Mario went into surgery and got his hand fixed. He is now able to box again." But I am disappointed that Soldier never got a real chance to shine in those arcs. And I liked how I went from hating Jeffrey and then totally liking him at the end of the series.

There were a lot of emotions here and I felt really creeped out, winced, scared, and excited and happy for all of these characters, really. I loved the music and all, too - I don't always love an opening and ending theme as much as I did here. The pretty rainbow freeze frame pictures were fantastic. I loved every single one of those, especially in the ending theme as well. Despite being bored during a couple arcs and shaken up by having the series last longer than what I expected, but then even wanting more in the end, I really did enjoy this immensely. I guess if I want more, I'll have to snag up the manga, eh? :D

I want to give this a 9/10, but it is a solid and strong 8/10 from me.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

shanimebib - Jun 22, 2010

182 by AnimeDownUnder »»
Mar 22, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tomimi - Jul 6, 2010

111 by prozyne »»
Mar 4, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShanaFlame - Apr 3, 2010

279 by prozyne »»
Feb 28, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - May 5, 2010

150 by Dywei »»
Jan 26, 7:33 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DrRoboto - Jul 13, 2010

101 by Onetouchable »»
Jan 23, 10:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.