Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 25, 2008 5:37 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Annerose was quite a downer. They go over to have a nice dinner after being away from each other in so long and she goes and screws up the mood with foreshadowing the possible downfall of her brother. If Reinhard and Sieg's friendship gets tested in the manner she described there won't be a pretty outcome.

This episode felt like a side-story mostly just to advance Sieg a few notches but it wasn't boring. I do think the reasons for the empire's win could have been better explained though.

As for Phezzan, supplying rebels for an insurrection in the empire can't make for good business in the long run, especially if they wish to maintain their 'neutral' status.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jun 9, 2008 1:05 AM

Apr 2008
Yeah I was kinda wodering how they won though. Something about gravity, engeneering ships and explosive gas? Also, I don't remember seeing a shot with 2 satelites and it seemed like there was only 1 tthe whole way through. Kinda filler-ish but, meh. It is just 1 episode out of 100 afterall.

I liked how the first movie just went between the two sides every few minutes. These past few episode I've been thinking "Aww, I miss Yang :(". Then "WTF is Reinhard doing, lemme see, lemme see!".

3/5
wtfyourface said:
MistaCloudStrife said:
From 100-1000, how much do you love LWL?
OVER 9000!!!
Aug 7, 2008 1:24 PM

Sep 2007
And the Roman-esque tyrant gets taken down by countless knives wielded by the people closest to him. Just how it should be.

I like Reinhard better than Yang, at least so far. Probably has something to do with Reinhard's ambition to rule the universe, as opposed to Yang's ambition to settle down and live happily ever after. At least both are likable characters. Can't wait to see them fight again.
Nov 3, 2008 9:36 AM

Sep 2008
why couldn't i stab him? D:
Apr 10, 2009 6:40 AM

Mar 2008
LoveWifeLunch said:
Yeah I was kinda wodering how they won though. Something about gravity, engeneering ships and explosive gas?

If I understood it correctly, they messed up with the gravity, thus rendering the ring useless and then threw something involving gas in order to destroy it? xD
Aug 3, 2009 7:45 PM

Jan 2009
From what I understood, the Zephyr Particles released by the Engineering Ships caused the Artemis satellites to explode. Not much else.

Otherwise, a fun episode. We get to see Siegfried flex his tactical muscle and handle somewhat disorderly subordinates with little difficulty.
Aug 19, 2009 9:37 PM

Feb 2009
How that guy was stabbed by his followers kind of reminded me of a scene in "Julius Cesar" when the Cesar is stabbed by the members of the government.

Nov 21, 2009 8:21 AM

Apr 2009
The tyrant stabbing scene was so Caesar-ish...Except that Caesar had actually been a decent ruler xP I'm pretty sure it was intentional, too.

Sieg is so emotionless o.o I wish we'd see him at least raise his voice once in a while, or something.
Pretty decent episode, although the series itself still doesn't amaze me as much as the top anime page would indicate.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Nov 21, 2009 11:59 AM

Mar 2008
Cenedess said:
Sieg is so emotionless o.o I wish we'd see him at least raise his voice once in a while, or something.
Pretty decent episode, although the series itself still doesn't amaze me as much as the top anime page would indicate.

Kircheis is not really emotionless, he just is a kind person and a very competent leader, he knows that he is young and his crew might not respect him. That's why he choose to show that he is competent rather than being authoritative.

Most people didn't find the first half of the first season as great as the rest of the series, that's only a long prelude before the saga.
Nov 21, 2009 5:21 PM

Oct 2007
First season is about "competent heroes" vs "dumb old man". While I don't find it boring, I know why some people find it's boring. But it's necessary to set us to politic situation
Dec 18, 2009 12:27 PM

Apr 2009
kokuro said:
How that guy was stabbed by his followers kind of reminded me of a scene in "Julius Cesar" when the Cesar is stabbed by the members of the government.

:O
didnt know about this)

anyway it was kinda episodic side story.
it was nice tho...

@ShinRA when will the first season end ? at what episode
Dec 18, 2009 12:40 PM

Oct 2007
EPS 26
Mar 27, 2010 4:44 AM
Jan 2010
So, maybe this gets better, but I don't feel like forcing myself to watch a whole season for it to. Unfortunately, dropped.
Mar 27, 2010 5:29 AM

Sep 2008
Zephiel_ said:
So, maybe this gets better, but I don't feel like forcing myself to watch a whole season for it to. Unfortunately, dropped.

I would suggest you watch two prequel movies before you decide to drop it: my conquest is the sea of stars and overture to the new war. They're much better than the first few eps of the series. I did the same and I'd say it was worth it. If you still don't like the series then don't force yourself
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jun 2, 2010 6:16 PM

Jul 2008
Why is Sieg getting all the credit? They won thanks to to the scientists of the empire. All Sieg did was ask them surrender, what a brilliant strategy. >___<

BEGINNER
Aug 13, 2010 5:26 PM

Jan 2010
at least it was a quick fight yay :p

and the fat pig was stabbed by his own allies,even by his hookers lol

4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 31, 2010 9:30 PM

May 2010
clannad4ever said:

4/5

I was kinda expecting an "et tu Brute?" when he got stabbed
Nov 15, 2010 7:20 PM

May 2010
The enemy lives in Rome or Greece?? What?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 2, 2011 10:10 PM
Jul 2010
adamantine said:
Why is Sieg getting all the credit? They won thanks to to the scientists of the empire. All Sieg did was ask them surrender, what a brilliant strategy. >___<

Yeah really. So far it looks like one win in battle equals supergenius admiral. It doesn't seem as if anyone cares why things happen or whether one side was just incompetent.
Jul 8, 2011 8:47 AM

Aug 2010
Nice episode. I like Sieg's character
Jul 29, 2011 5:00 PM
Jun 2011
Nice to see Sieg get another promotion. It seems these two are unstoppable, but we'll find out.
Aug 10, 2011 1:48 PM
Jul 2010
Weird Roman fashion sense on the rebel planet. Everywhere else in Galactic Empire space has pretty consistent dress, and the same goes for the Free Planets Alliance, so I wonder why that was the only oddball. Perhaps they were newly admitted to the political world of space, which might also explain their juvenile understanding of space warfare.

Nice episode in theory. Kircheis has been with Reinhard so long he never got to demonstrate his own abilities. Promotions, and with them power, might have trickled down to him, but he yet to earn any of the respect.
Sadly the battle had more silly tactics. They served well to show us the dangers of Zephyr Particles, in case the viewers missed My Conquest is the Sea of Stars, which is important considering how much they influence LoGH battles. Honestly though I can't believe a entire planet of people would construct a glass cannon like the Artemis Necklace, then pass it off as an "invincible defense."
Aug 12, 2011 11:13 AM

Mar 2011
Nice to see Sieg is a good leader as well. Sieg And Rein make a good team.

That one planet needs to get with the times lol maybe they will now since the Tyrant Maximillian got a coup d'état.
Aug 12, 2011 3:15 PM
Jun 2011
Luthimal said:
Honestly though I can't believe a entire planet of people would construct a glass cannon like the Artemis Necklace, then pass it off as an "invincible defense."

They bought it from Phezzan right? It showed how lazy and stupid they were that they essentially bought a security system and thought they could fight anyone.
Sep 18, 2011 4:48 AM

Nov 2010
reminds me of julius caesar
Sep 18, 2011 4:53 AM
Mar 2011
i like Phezzan
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Dec 28, 2011 9:04 AM

Dec 2011
Luthimal said:
Weird Roman fashion sense on the rebel planet. Everywhere else in Galactic Empire space has pretty consistent dress, and the same goes for the Free Planets Alliance, so I wonder why that was the only oddball. Perhaps they were newly admitted to the political world of space, which might also explain their juvenile understanding of space warfare.

Yes, actually it looks a little bit forced in order to be clear about that fact that the leader can be stab by his own crew to be admissible as happened to Julio Cesar. Yet another good episode.
Apr 10, 2012 8:51 PM

Feb 2012
"If there comes a time when he won't listen to you, then that's the end of my little brother."

Uh-oh, foreshadowing?

Incidentally, I burst out laughing when I saw the "Engineering Ship" telop. That one was probably unnecessary...
CuriousThingApr 10, 2012 8:59 PM
Jun 1, 2012 2:57 PM

Sep 2009
As soon as that guy knelt down I was like,
gut him. GUT HIM.
hahaha
total Caesar reference.
Though it's kind of lame for Caesar since he was way more awesome than this slob.
Jun 11, 2012 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
I never thought they'd show Kircheis commanding a fleet, so this was sort of a pleasant surprise for me.
Jul 23, 2012 9:43 PM

Feb 2009
Hakuromatsu said:
"If there comes a time when he won't listen to you, then that's the end of my little brother."

Uh-oh, foreshadowing?

Aha! .. i knew reinhard reminded me of Alexander the great
Jan 31, 2013 12:25 AM

Jul 2012
ZakuHead said:
clannad4ever said:

4/5

I was kinda expecting an "et tu Brute?" when he got stabbed

I was waiting for it also. The author seems to like referencing history. Be interesting to see what else is referenced.
Mar 18, 2013 1:48 AM

May 2010
Poor Sieg, getting friendzoned and used by Annerose every time.

edit: Lol dat Caesar reference.
PandaMaster99Mar 18, 2013 1:55 AM
If you are a fan of (or simply interested in) Japanese films
then please join the Cinema of Japan club! Thank you (:

Jun 8, 2013 10:11 PM
Jul 2018
On the part when the traitor kill its leader,it feels like julius caesar assassination plot.
Jul 21, 2013 10:58 PM

Jun 2013
JULIUS CAESARRRRR !!!
Sep 9, 2013 9:41 PM

Nov 2009
Cool episode. Was pretty interesting and liked that idiot at the end getting killed like a more hated Caesar ...
Dec 13, 2013 9:31 AM

Sep 2013
Amazing how much a single episode can be better than the previous. This was a good one. Looking forward to more like this one, which I'm sure will happen.
Dec 27, 2013 9:52 AM
Oct 2011
hah! nice caesar reference! in the novel caesar was slain by his senate for being "ambitious" since they feared that he would turn into a tyrant but in this episode kastrop was already a selfish tyrant ts he got killed without remorse. i dont think there are parallels to kastrop's personality and caesar. to quote some parts of marc antony's soliloquy "he (caesar) was my friend faithful and just to me / when the poor had cried caesar had wept. Ambition should have been made of sterner stuff / you all did love him once what cause then withholds you to mourn for him"

also i loved this episode especially seeing sieg and reinhardo become capable leaders and that they finally get some respect! THIS IS ONE HELLA SHOW
Jan 22, 2014 10:40 PM

Mar 2013
The whole Roman thing seemed a little odd considering how everywhere else the people seemed to be doing 19th-20th century European styles. I did enjoy watching that asshole die though.
Apr 8, 2014 8:13 AM

Mar 2013
That Maximilian Von Caeser (Castrop) was extremely entertaining. The Seiyu Hori, Hideyuki also does Captain Ginyu from DBZ, and all the expressions and "Souda" exclamations were exactly like what he did in DBZ, really made my day.

On that note having all these epic VA from True Elite Anime like DBZ make this already phenomenal show even better.
May 31, 2014 11:40 AM

Sep 2012
This was probably my least favorite episode so far (that bad guy was just such an idiot), but it was still nice. I didn't understand how they destroyed the necklace thing either. I liked how it ended though, with everyone teaming up and killing the bad guy.
Another page to the history of the Fujaku.
May 31, 2014 11:56 PM

Sep 2011
Ok yeah that scene was a bit iffy on me, like was there any point to making it a parallel to the julius ceaser assassination even to the point of dressing them in roman attire past merely referencing that event for the sake of it. The series has clearly established it was smart in the previous episodes through legitimently well thought out events, we dont need some meaningless reference to real life historical events to have and try to pretend its smarter.

Other than that, ok episode. Not as good as the 4 before it in my opinion. Next episode is back to good ol yang.
JizzyHitlerMay 31, 2014 11:59 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 26, 2014 6:37 PM

Mar 2012
Dat Julius Caesar assassination reference tho. Was expecting the fella to say something like "you too ladies?" when they stabbed him lol.
Feb 1, 2015 10:19 AM

May 2012
Nice development! Let's find out what's next.
Feb 4, 2015 5:54 PM

Aug 2014
That was a cool strategy to take over that ship and without casualties as well. It was really interesting how they assassinated that commander from the inside. Why were they pretending to be Greek though? Is that just the culture of that country?
Mar 25, 2015 9:35 AM

Oct 2013
Lol this episode was just funny. Everyone was just taking up knifes and stabbing him like he's some Piñata. Lmao!
Apr 21, 2015 2:10 PM

Feb 2014
I couldn't help but think "these hoes ain't loyal" when the girls went to stab the dude lol. And I feel the Julius Caesar parallelism was intended, but I don't understand why though??

Overall, a meh episode, though I did like Siegfried's development (if you could call it that I guess).

Apr 26, 2015 2:09 AM

Aug 2014
I feel like this episode is foreshadowing a fall out between the duo of Reinhard and Kircheis in the future. Especially in the scene where Annerose speaks to him about her brother.
Apr 29, 2015 7:38 PM

Jan 2013
I wish there was a better explanation on how that plan worked.
Still a pretty good episode, with some foreshadowing.
May 19, 2015 10:34 PM

May 2010
Loved that whole Julius Caesar inspired scene haha.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.