Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2010 2:19 PM

Jun 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Series is almost over... I wonder how things will turn out.
Dec 1, 2010 1:10 PM

Feb 2010
Aww the sweaterrrr <33

....and she appears... what's going to happen!?
Dec 6, 2010 9:01 PM
Jul 2018
the lady co-worker is right, its all taboo, but i dont think she sees the entire picture

the love they have for eachother is not sexual, but something more real (it may have started sexually for koshiro, but that tapered off into something more real)
Jan 29, 2012 5:52 PM

Jan 2012
i think the co-worker reacted like any other person would who was just an outsider and didn't know anything more.... Think thats what the show does so brilliantly, its showing that its just pure love they have for each other, and they ache when there apart its so sad :( but compelling all the same! The last bit was certainly a cliffhanger......
May 6, 2012 7:29 PM

Mar 2011
Chidori would be one badass friend to have.
Jul 19, 2012 4:11 PM
Apr 2009
The confrontation between Koshiro and Chidori was intense. I loved that scene, but I can't help but disagree with everyone on the fact that she is right and badass and all that. Them two seem to be pretty close friends, going out drinking and her sleeping over and stuff (she might even have some attraction?) but honestly friends should always be there when you're down. If I had a friend going through what Koshiro was going through now, I wouldn't look down on him because of the taboo, I would be there for him and try to help him out any way I can, but yeah that's just my thoughts. That aside, great scene and overall great episode.
Nov 7, 2012 3:10 PM

Sep 2011
Oh snap!
Nov 30, 2012 12:07 AM
Dec 2011
Close friends,childhood friends,... they will always see you down for things like this.. Stupid koshiro react so seriously
Jun 1, 2013 1:00 AM

Jun 2012
Velveteen said:
The confrontation between Koshiro and Chidori was intense. I loved that scene, but I can't help but disagree with everyone on the fact that she is right and badass and all that. Them two seem to be pretty close friends, going out drinking and her sleeping over and stuff (she might even have some attraction?) but honestly friends should always be there when you're down. If I had a friend going through what Koshiro was going through now, I wouldn't look down on him because of the taboo, I would be there for him and try to help him out any way I can, but yeah that's just my thoughts. That aside, great scene and overall great episode.

Sinonis said:
Close friends,childhood friends,... they will always see you down for things like this.. Stupid koshiro react so seriously

Regardless of how close you are, if you consider yourself someone's friend, you need to be able to criticize them when they need it. A bad friend would accept Koshiro's fascination with his sister and encourage him to go after her. A good friend would tell him how wrong it is (like Chidori, except not as extreme), and then help him deal with the problem and turn himself around. So Chidori was somewhere between those two.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Jul 17, 2013 9:11 AM

Dec 2012
randompadley said:
i think the co-worker reacted like any other person would who was just an outsider and didn't know anything more.... Think thats what the show does so brilliantly, its showing that its just pure love they have for each other, and they ache when there apart its so sad :( but compelling all the same! The last bit was certainly a cliffhanger......

I definitely think they got Chidori's reaction spot on. I imagine the average person would have said the same things or even broken off ties or condemned Koshiro for it. I also think this series really does a great job at conveying how despite taboos, people are going to follow their hearts (although that's not to say allow anything that's done in the name of love).
Sep 11, 2013 3:04 PM

Sep 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:
randompadley said:

I definitely think they got Chidori's reaction spot on. I imagine the average person would have said the same things or even broken off ties or condemned Koshiro for it. I also think this series really does a great job at conveying how despite taboos, people are going to follow their hearts (although that's not to say allow anything that's done in the name of love).

All this
Oct 1, 2013 3:07 PM

Jun 2013
This episode was soo great, yet it was so painful to watch
Oct 20, 2013 4:04 PM
Jan 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
randompadley said:

It depends on the subject. What Chidori knows is that Koushiro moved out of his father's house because he was attracted to Nanoka. She also learned that he didn't know Nanoka was his sister at first. Lastly she knows that he moved out before he made a move on her, the farthest he had gotten was sniffing her bra.

If I was her, I would commend him for doing what he thought was best in regards to avoiding doing something he and I (If I was Chidori) thought was wrong. Sure he was running from his problem, rather than dealing with it, but he had no help in dealing with it. Chidori's reaction made him even more alone in the whole ordeal, basically proving he had nowhere to go if he was honest.

It is true Chidori didn't have the whole picture, but I don't think she wanted the whole picture.

If she was a real friend, she would find out everything in order to help. His willingness to move out to avoid hurting Nanoka is proof that he didn't want to hurt her. Rather than do that, she treated him less than human and pretty much stopped being his friend. In the end, she didn't want to help him, she was too focused on getting her judgement on. Gotta fill up that quota.

What Chidori did not know, which may have changed her opinion or not was that the attraction was not one-sided. Nor did she know about GSA which is what caused the attraction in the first place. There are many things she should have wanted to know. She's not a true friend not because she chastised him, but because she did so at the drop of a hat without not knowing all of the facts, and afterward made no effort to help him.

Now that is assuming the stigmatization of consanguinamory is morally correct. In my opinion it is not correct. Consider that in the past and even now, people are hated because they are attracted to the same sex. And ironically, even more than that, people are hated because they are attracted to the same and different sexes, even by the aforementioned people who are attracted to the same sex. Even earlier, people were hated for being in love with somebody of a different skin color. And earlier still, people who loved others of different classes. I consider consanguinamory the same. I've researched the subject for a long time, heard a lot of different arguments, but none of them truly stand and at the end of the day, it all goes back to the eww factor. All of the arguments I've heard have been refuted on this page http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com/p/discredited-invalid-arguments.html

There's also the moral quota. Humans are judgmental characters. We get our kicks out of feeling superior, especially if it's morally superior. Now, I am not condoning rape, abuse, grooming, or whatever. I personally think Nanoka is a bit young right now, even if she is actually legal in Japan and much of the US (many states have their AoC at 16, though you could still possibly be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor or something like that). Regardless if Chidori wanted to chastise Koushiro, her age would be where she is somewhat justified (not fully as Koushiro hadn't made any moves and specifically acted to avoid making a move). But she didn't. Her problem was that Nanoka was his sister, not that she was 16. Then she washed her hands of the situation, but not before getting her rocks off to making him feel subhuman. At least she didn't out him at work, but then again she didn't investigate further to find out if he was a danger or get the full story. I think she should have at least heard his side of the story before going off on him. If she wanted to avoid incest then putting him down right when he was about to get away and making him feel like the only person out there that won't judge him is Nanoka (and that one creep that is always looking for highschool girls, which still doesn't make him a pedophile as pedophilia is attraction to pre-pubescent children and legally it's a consistent attraction to children 13 [to rule out one off events involving people who look older also the perpetrator has to be several years older obviously because otherwise all little kids with crushes on classmates would be criminals] and younger kids. That dude would be a hebephile or ephebephile instead.) Chidori created or helped the situation she despised or was disgusted by. He got away from Nanoka, and started to re-stabilise his life before Nanoka came back into it. Chidori left him no further protection, she abandoned him when he needed her the most if he was going to reverse his attraction and feelings to/for Nanoka (assuming they can be reversed). So she'd rather quit being his friend than to "help" him like a true friend. Chidori isn't a friend. She was just on friendly terms, an acquaintance. Nanoka's friend is actually a friend as shown when she actually asks to help Nanoka.
"There is perhaps no phenomenon which contains so much destructive feeling as moral indignation, which permits envy or hate to be acted out under the guise of virtue."
— Erich Fromm
Jan 23, 2014 5:27 PM

May 2012
Dat ending <3 really wonderful development and man the part where they got all serious was pretty interesting too, I do think her role has finished in this story so let's see what happens next!
Feb 14, 2014 2:26 AM

Jan 2009
1. kaname was able to figure out the sis perversion without koshiro saying a word. clever.

2. i thought he fapped in his bed even more when the tissue paper was shown in the garbage.
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Feb 25, 2014 10:48 AM

Mar 2013
Very strong post by Ichigo, I agree with nearly everything.

This is a heart wrenching episode, which excels in its realistic portrayal and conveying the raw emotion felt by the protagonists and the "villain". Note that i'm a fan of Chidori's Seiyu, who does wonderful work as Nami from One Piece. Imo Chidori does a good job connecting the dots, and ofcourse Toshiro's denials and silences did more to affirm her speculation than outright admitting to her banter, which perhaps she would just shrug off as a joke. While her words and actions were harsh, they were not overtly malicious and they were meant as directional input, if done crudely. Based on the final scenes back at the office we see that she is not trying to smear his character to oblivion and ruin his life. Imo she is a friend at this point in their acquaintanceship, although she is his direct superior i believe. Could she have done a better job with giving him direction? Sure, absolutely. Is her attack unrealistic and shallow? No, she does a reasonable job due to the abruptness of the confrontation and the emotions racing wildly in the atmosphere. Is she Manami 2.0 from OreImo, with all the evilness that title implies? Absolutely not.

Barring some catastrophic drop of quality in the final episodes, this is Better than OreImo by a hefty margin in terms of the sibling relationship and psychological/emotional impact, and i gave OreImo as a whole a 10.. In short this is nothing short of a masterpiece, with its only "flaw" being outdated and low tier graphics/art. However even that is not a gripe of mine since its reminiscent of the Strongest of Anime, namely NHK, both in art style and an accurate portrayal of societal pressure and loneliness.
SlickDFeb 25, 2014 11:01 AM
Oct 29, 2014 10:15 AM

Mar 2013
I actually liked that epiosde. It shows how confused and anti-social the main protagonist truely is.

Being sexually attracted to little kids (in this case a little girl) aka pedophilia is a mental sickness found mostly by anti-social and lonely person. There are many reasons pedophila can occur. Often it comes also because of unpleasend relationships with partner of the same age, which occured to the main protagonist. But normally being rejected by an attracted person is ment by unpleasend relationships, so a normal relationship, how it is described the main protagonist had in his past, would be a very unrealistic cause for his pedophilic sickness.

I didnt like how the show represented their pedophilic main protagonist as a normal guy with a normal relationship in his past, since it supports the idea that pedophiles are just normal people.. you cant be more away from truth. But like i said this particular went a little bit into his sickness, even though the show itself focuses more around the incest instead of the pedophilia, since they excuse it with her being 15 even though through her avarage body height, her behaviour and her overall looks she very much resembles a girl under the age of 12. The incest was in my opinion not the problem, since they didnt grew up together the Werstermark-effect(the effect that desribes that siblings that grew up together in a household wont find each other attractive later on, which is past down in mankind to prevent too much incest from happening, since incest isnt really beneficial to sociaty) cant come into account.
Nov 16, 2014 10:30 PM

Sep 2014
Nice episode, didn't really expect Chidori to actually deduce it's so easily. Somehow I really felt she was right talking him down, which is not something i usually feel.
Dec 14, 2014 6:34 PM

Sep 2014
that coworker was pretty harsh, but it was very realistic. it's not like she's going to approve.

and they finally meet again...
Mar 17, 2018 9:39 PM

May 2010
Chidori's outburst was spot on, probably the most realistic reaction I could imagine from confident, mature woman learning that her co-worker is attracted (and possibly did something bad) to his little sister. The best and harshest episode yet, and there are still two more left, ugh!
May 17, 2019 9:39 PM
Apr 2018
Finally, Koushirou's brain melts.
May 26, 2019 11:14 PM
Jul 2018
Velveteen said:

Though that is just one of several ways to react to the situation, all of which would make sense depending on the persons character. For Chidori, probably spending so much time around Odagiri (who is a borderline sexual predator and can shoot himself for all I care), I think it makes sense she'd have the strong reaction that she did.

P.S. I love how she nonchalantly brings up all the evidence against Koshiro like it's friendly discussion, than fucking breaks the act and pins him against the wall. It's so freaking intense and sad watching these friends fall out, and have to watch Koshiro go through so much pain. I usually cry during this scene
Sep 27, 2019 1:42 PM

Jan 2016
They met up again!

Im excited to see what happens between them now
Jan 6, 2022 5:19 AM
Aug 2018
Man i love chidori
Apr 19, 2023 2:23 AM

Dec 2013
I think Chidori (co worker) got a natural reaction as a human. And the words she said are the words that a lot of us will think if this will happen in reality so I don't blame her. 

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jun 11, 2023 3:57 PM

Dec 2022
Koushiro is already plenty self-loathing and in a poor state of mind when Chidori lambasts him for his thoughts, like a wild dog finding a wildebeest stuck in the mud. She first grabs his collar to catch him off guard after a seemingly calm observation, followed up with a quick barrage of insults and appeals to normality to put him down even further. I think she perceived that he wouldn't argue back or verbally spar with her, so he was easy pickings. A decidedly ruthless, methodical approach to breaking down his emotional stability in that moment.

It's likely that Koushiro didn't expect it since her previous appearances have had her use his relationship with Nanoka for harmless raillery. I think Koi Kaze provides a lesson here, in that you should never preclude the possibility of your friends turning on you when you diverge from what they approve of. "Preparedness" seems like the key word here.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

» That scene surprised me...

KietaTeenRomance - Apr 12

0 by KietaTeenRomance »»
Apr 12, 7:25 PM

» What were your problems with Koi Kaze?

removed-user - Nov 20, 2016

16 by zharth »»
Oct 21, 2023 12:48 PM

Poll: » Koi Kaze Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kisami - Jan 25, 2009

183 by oyabuntaro »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:25 PM

Poll: » Koi Kaze Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

rreggiebryant1 - Sep 1, 2009

57 by MrYandereFan26 »»
Aug 16, 2023 4:37 AM

» Should I watch Koi Kaze's English dub or Japanese original?

SigTheSauceMan - Mar 8, 2018

4 by WatchTillTandava »»
Jun 30, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.