Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2010 12:08 AM
Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
WHAT? BACKSTORY? IN MY PRETTY CURE?
...Well, yes. It had to happen eventually, I guess. Since, y'know, we missed it in the first series (Except with Grandma. But even then, it was half about Mipple).
So the newest Heartiel appears, and she's amazed by fricking everything. If Seekun is curiosity, I guess that means the new one is... appreciation? I 'unno. At any rate, now the bad guys know about the Heartiels, or at least they will in the next couple of episodes. And then it'll be a race against the forces of Darkness to rescue as many as they can get a hold of...
I am really digging the pace that this series zooms at. I know I've said it before, but the first series just felt bloated with filler eps, and this one is moving forward characters and story like nobody's business. Even Pollun, who was last season's (albeit adorable) Scrappy, has become much more tolerable as a character. Instead of being a spoiled brat all the time, he's more like a kid should be- He's playful, he worries, he makes messes trying to make amends. He's still a spoiled brat, but that's not his only defining feature anymore, and that's good.
Just my two cents.
May 17, 2017 3:29 AM

Nov 2011
D'aww, what a heartwarming episode.

I agree with Screwball; the pacing in this season has been way better even after the return to "standard" monster of the week episodes. It's very different from the sometimes tedious bloaty stretches in the first season.

With this episode concluding the first cour, my first impressions of Max Heart are favorable.
Jun 9, 2017 7:31 AM

Apr 2012
damn, that was touching as hell.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 17, 2018 9:07 PM
Jul 2015
I was hoping for a hug, but it was a good scene nonetheless.

Nagisa's dad is just floating through life, truly amazing.
Feb 7, 2019 2:41 AM

Jul 2015
Loved this episode, seeing Nagisa realize how cold she was towards her mother after discovering her constant worries about her in the past was so touching.
Nov 13, 2019 6:25 PM

Jun 2014
They really put quite a bit of emotion in this episode. Nagisa finally realized how much her mother cared for her.

And yes, canned corn is a thing. I should know, because I've eaten it many times throughout my life. :P

May 20, 2021 5:49 AM
Oct 2019
Man, the pacing is really much better here at least thus far, like others have said. They are improving a lot of flaws from the first season.
Apr 15, 2:18 PM

Dec 2022
ok that one got me, never take mom's love for granted, always appreciate mom <3
heheh dad can't grocery shop ^_^

More topics from this board

Poll: » Futari wa Precure: Max Heart Episode 24 Discussion

ihateeveryone - Jun 16, 2014

6 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Futari wa Precure Max Heart Episode 23 Discussion

ScrewBall - Nov 10, 2010

6 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 8:30 PM

Poll: » Futari wa Precure: Max Heart Episode 22 Discussion

ihateeveryone - Jun 16, 2014

5 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 21, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Futari wa Precure Max Heart Episode 21 Discussion

ScrewBall - Nov 5, 2010

8 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Futari wa Precure Max Heart Episode 20 Discussion

ScrewBall - Nov 4, 2010

4 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.