Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Dec 31, 2019 6:42 PM
Sep 2017
Really enjoyed this anime. It made me laugh a lot, and I liked both Usui and Misaki as the mc’s. Felt a bit bad for Hinata, but still glad the main 2 ended up together. Wish they’d made a S2 - leaves me curious about the scenes in the ED, and Usui’s background.
Apr 21, 2020 4:43 PM

Mar 2013
Aaaaah I loved this episode, it's a great series and that ending makes me want to re-read the manga all over again....probably will. I know there's a small special so ill try and watch that soon.
Will definitely miss the voice actors for those great characters....
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

May 10, 2020 1:38 AM
Jan 2020
I love the ending 😍 the kiss between usui and misaki was so romantic, best couple ever :) I hope season 2 comes out soon
May 31, 2020 11:52 PM

Feb 2019
What a cute kiss! Felt that the pace was really quick, with some scenes that could've been made longer to make it feel more dramatic. But it was still a fun watch! Finally, Misaki is honest with her feelings.

Looks like I gotta pick up the manga soon to get the rest of the story!
Jun 3, 2020 9:01 AM

Mar 2017
For fuck sake... why do these romance anime never get completed?! This happened with Ao Haru Ride, Ouran High School Host Club, My Little Monster... so many! Guess this means I'll go read the manga.

I enjoyed this anime for sure, but I have to admit that it's overrated; there wasn't much actual romance in it except for right at the beginning and right at the end. Also, I personally found Misaki quite annoying but Usui was awesome enough that he kinda made up for that.
Jul 22, 2020 7:50 PM
Oct 2019
Man.. What is the problem with all this romance anime? Most of them are rushed. Same happened for Ao haru ride, ReLife. It really annoys me.
Kachou was maid sama is definitely a good anime. It could've got 9 from me. But from the very starting it began to sink.I don't know why but the comedy was really good but story line was not that much good. The whole anime held up it's place only for Usui's characteristics.
I am trying to say they ended this anime with just a kissing though it was totally heartwarming. My heart was almost about melt. Still, just a kiss is not enough for an anime to finish. Like I've heard in manga they've married 10 years after. It could've been thousand times if they ended up like the manga :(
Aug 19, 2020 11:47 PM
Oct 2019
Grrr Sakura, I still think you're dumb. Need to see the change before I believe it.

But, more importantly, FINALLY. Good for Usui. That was a nice emotional, somewhat happy ending. Misa is finally not completely clueless and useless. Still has a long way to go, though. But I'm very much glad that Usui sees progress for the first time in forever.

I'm so glad Hinata didn't win. Would've been total bullshit if he did.

Usui is the star of this show.

As for the series, I think it's a 7/10. The Usui/Misa story is an 8/10 but there are way too many episodes that feel like filler. I have to knock it down because of that.
Oct 29, 2020 11:38 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yeah so I watched this last year and although this is nowhere near an anime that is a work of art, this one is one that is close to my heart and has a special place in my soul. Just randomly thought about this one day so I just wanted to put here how beloved this anime is to me. I was fully invested throughout; I treated these characters as though they were my family. Through all the ups and downs and then when we finally reach the end of it all and they kiss genuinely for the first time, that just got me dude, it hit hard. I’ve been rooting all this time for her to finally admit her love for her man, and when it happens, maybe I didn’t physically shed a tear but I bawled my eyes out on the inside. Never had fireworks in anime been so beautiful, and these were pretty low budget animated fireworks. This is one of the very very rare anime that has actually resonated in me for a few days, I didn’t want to watch anything else I didn’t want to do anything else I just wanted to see more. The manga has filled that void for me but hot damn I wish they continued it on. Not that it wasn’t a satisfying ending, I thought it was very suitable what they chose to end off with. At the very least, their feelings were confessed to each other. The soundtrack is so goofy yet so iconic, I will always remember maid sama whenever I hear anything remotely similar to it in sound. Anyway, I recovered from the extreme post anime depression this left me with after a couple of days, but never have I expected to get wrecked so hard by a fking anime. I have yet to watch one that moves me as much as maid sama did. Objectively speaking it’s nothing special of course. But to me it is, and I’m glad it is.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 16, 2020 11:17 PM

Jul 2020
Don't care what the haters say, I still enjoyed the show a lot. It's not exactly a masterpiece, but I liked the characters and were invested in their relationships, and that's enough for me to like a show.
Nov 21, 2020 3:50 PM
Feb 2017
This show was so cute, I love feel-good romcoms. Usui is such an amazing MC with how charismatic he is, I see why people love him now. Misaki was also a great heroine. I’m a huge sucker for tsunderes and she nailed it on the head. Definitely an S tier waifu.

This is my first Shoujou RomCom, and it was a lot of fun. Now I want to see this get a Fruit’s Basket treatment.
Jan 11, 2021 11:19 AM
Jan 2017
It's one of best school-romance animes i've ever watched it deserves 10/10 imo and i think i'm gonna read the manga cuz i want to see what's going with usoi and misaki
Feb 23, 2021 8:58 AM

Nov 2014
just rewatched the anime again for probably the nth time now. And I noticed these 2 characters

Anyone has an explanation on them or are they just fillers like that?
Just so we're clear, I'm a solo player. One or two days of being orange means nothing to me. — Kazuto Kirigaya

Mar 20, 2021 8:11 PM
Mar 2021
censcella said:
They should make a season 2 ;_;

and I have a feeling the special would be

Infelizmente nao tevw
Mar 20, 2021 8:12 PM
Mar 2021
2021 e meu sonho e uma 2 temporada aff
Oct 29, 2021 6:46 PM

Jan 2021
If fruits basket can get reboot.
I still have hope that this can probably get a season two.
Mar 21, 2022 7:32 PM

May 2008
I personally can't figure out why this is rated as highly as it is. Anyone who runs around screaming and angry like Misaki will have a blood pressure of 240/190 making Takumi an utter masochist. Personally I was waiting for Misaki and Takumi to team up and beat the hell out of Hinata, which should have happened, but didn't.

Even when Misaki and Takumi realize their love for each other, there was no real affection. There was absolutely no character growth throughout this Anime. We witnessed a year in the life of this couple who supposedly fell in love, yet even in the last moments they were treating each other like they did a year ago. No one learned anything. That's either very stupid people, or lazy writing. Asterisk War was a better love story than this.
Mar 27, 2022 2:43 AM

Jan 2012
PKAmmoTroop said:
I personally can't figure out why this is rated as highly as it is. Anyone who runs around screaming and angry like Misaki will have a blood pressure of 240/190 making Takumi an utter masochist. Personally I was waiting for Misaki and Takumi to team up and beat the hell out of Hinata, which should have happened, but didn't.

Even when Misaki and Takumi realize their love for each other, there was no real affection. There was absolutely no character growth throughout this Anime. We witnessed a year in the life of this couple who supposedly fell in love, yet even in the last moments they were treating each other like they did a year ago. No one learned anything. That's either very stupid people, or lazy writing. Asterisk War was a better love story than this.

Just seems like a fundamental misunderstanding of what makes Maid Sama unique and, frankly, brilliant.

Yes, on the temporal level, it's a shojo rom-com with two of the most perfect (unrealistically so) characters finding each other and, if you aren't paying attention and are used to genre tropes, it feels like nothing happened.

Beneath all that, is a story about true love in it's simplest sense. To highlight that, the mangaka chose two perfect people, seemingly above the natural orders of life and clashed them together bringing to light their flaws in a way that otherwise wouldn't be noticed. Usui is bored with life, with his perfection, with everything - but Misaki comes along and it's the simple things, her smile, her laugh, her blush, it changes his life. Misaki is so determined to be strong and doesn't need a man (remembering her daddy issues here too) but finds herself continually relying on Usui and even WANTING to rely on him.

To say there was no real affection is simply not true. Take episode 8 as an example, Usui pats Misaki's head softly to comfort her. Later, in episode 12, Misaki remembers how happy it made her feel and does the same to comfort her friend. THEN, in episode 14, Usui asks her to do something to him that she would like done to her - to which she pats his head softly. The intent here is obvious.

The final episode alone showed their growth. Misaki admits her feelings that we all knew existed, that we all saw her struggle to contain, but her pride (see earlier) wouldn't let her admit. Usui similarly tells it how it is. None of these details are necessarily new but neither character would have brought them out earlier in the story (see episode 5/6 when Usui rolled back the kiss/confession as Misaki was not ready to hear it)

Hinata, for all his warts, was instrumental in making it all happen. In episode 20 Usui admits he doesn't want to make things serious with Misaki, but soon when a rival appears he realises things can't stay as they are forever. As for Misaki, having someone else continually reference love and their feelings only made her realise she had someone already.

That's growth, development and love in microcosm. That's Maid Sama and that's why it's rated as highly as it is.
Mar 27, 2022 1:48 PM

May 2008
Darkbeat said:

The final episode alone showed their growth. Misaki admits her feelings that we all knew existed, that we all saw her struggle to contain, but her pride (see earlier) wouldn't let her admit. Usui similarly tells it how it is. None of these details are necessarily new but neither character would have brought them out earlier in the story (see episode 5/6 when Usui rolled back the kiss/confession as Misaki was not ready to hear it)

Hinata, for all his warts, was instrumental in making it all happen. In episode 20 Usui admits he doesn't want to make things serious with Misaki, but soon when a rival appears he realises things can't stay as they are forever. As for Misaki, having someone else continually reference love and their feelings only made her realise she had someone already.

That's growth, development and love in microcosm. That's Maid Sama and that's why it's rated as highly as it is.

I'm going to have to disagree. First, a 16-17 year old living alone in an empty apartment is far from "perfect," Usui had issues which I'm sure are addressed in the manga which I'm told goes well beyond college. But a teenager living alone and following a girl that shows no interest in him makes him a stalker. HOWEVER that does show growth in Usui, he turned his pervy wise-ass stalker vibe into real love. I feel that the anime wanted to show him as the perfect rich kid looking for his Cinderella

I will admit, I don't understand all there is to understand about Japanese culture (I lived in Korea, their culture is really cool too but I never made it to Japan) but head patting? In my neighborhood that would have gotten you a black eye if you patted your girl on the head. "I ain't your DOG!" SMACK so I get cringy on head patting scenes

Episode 20 showed a step, but a step isn't growth, Misaki could have easily rolled back her admission for any one of a dozen reasons just like Usui did in ep 5/6. (maybe he did it because it was too soon, maybe he did it because he's a jerk and was screwing with her head) SHOWING their relationship bloom would show growth. A nice dinner together at the Maid Cafe while the three idiots served they would have been perfect. As much as I want it to be a real admission of love on Misaki's part, the way it was presented made me feel like she was tired of it all and just wanted him to quit pushing himself on her.

In my defense, I had just watched Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation before this and that was an emotional meat grinder which did a much better job of showing growth in a character.

Mar 28, 2022 10:03 AM

Jan 2012
PKAmmoTroop said:
Darkbeat said:

I'm going to have to disagree. First, a 16-17 year old living alone in an empty apartment is far from "perfect," Usui had issues which I'm sure are addressed in the manga which I'm told goes well beyond college. But a teenager living alone and following a girl that shows no interest in him makes him a stalker. HOWEVER that does show growth in Usui, he turned his pervy wise-ass stalker vibe into real love. I feel that the anime wanted to show him as the perfect rich kid looking for his Cinderella

I will admit, I don't understand all there is to understand about Japanese culture (I lived in Korea, their culture is really cool too but I never made it to Japan) but head patting? In my neighborhood that would have gotten you a black eye if you patted your girl on the head. "I ain't your DOG!" SMACK so I get cringy on head patting scenes

Episode 20 showed a step, but a step isn't growth, Misaki could have easily rolled back her admission for any one of a dozen reasons just like Usui did in ep 5/6. (maybe he did it because it was too soon, maybe he did it because he's a jerk and was screwing with her head) SHOWING their relationship bloom would show growth. A nice dinner together at the Maid Cafe while the three idiots served they would have been perfect. As much as I want it to be a real admission of love on Misaki's part, the way it was presented made me feel like she was tired of it all and just wanted him to quit pushing himself on her.

In my defense, I had just watched Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation before this and that was an emotional meat grinder which did a much better job of showing growth in a character.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I personally find Maid Sama to have one of the sweetest, most genuine romances in anime - with some of the best payoff despite the manga not being fully animated.

I find it weird you talk about how they don't show affection to each other - but are clearly a fan of FMP! Because yeah, you know how tsundere romance anime work.

Maybe some day you'll rewatch and see more why Maid Sama is so beloved
Apr 30, 2022 6:46 AM

Aug 2011
Darkbeat said:
PKAmmoTroop said:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I personally find Maid Sama to have one of the sweetest, most genuine romances in anime - with some of the best payoff despite the manga not being fully animated.

I find it weird you talk about how they don't show affection to each other - but are clearly a fan of FMP! Because yeah, you know how tsundere romance anime work.

Maybe some day you'll rewatch and see more why Maid Sama is so beloved

Touche!

I've rewatched this series twice and have gone back to review several scenes, only to find this anime even more endearing than the first time.

One of the top romances.
Jun 11, 2022 8:50 PM
Dec 2020
The music at the concert in this episode was straight fire, I'm definitely a Yumexmishi fan now.

It's been a while since this came out and no sign of season 2, so I think I'll buy the manga. This gave me way too many doki-doki's. Count this as my official guilty-pleasure anime!
Aug 30, 2022 12:19 PM

Oct 2021
I LOVE THE ENDING I STARTED CRYING AIGOWNAJGNAOIGLM
Aug 31, 2022 6:10 PM
Aug 2022
I thought the overall story was great, the characters are entertaining and overall this anime was amazing. Sadly some of the tropes are normally seen in these types of anime but honestly still very good
Sep 8, 2022 2:57 PM
Mar 2018
Misaki finally stopped beating around the bush and told Usui her true feelings. These last few episodes were starting to get insufferable with her constantly just brushing him off or calling him a pervert.. I was starting to think she'd never confess her true feelings for Usui or if she ever even had any! Overall just a very satifying episode.
Sep 15, 2022 9:10 AM
Aug 2022
A true classic! Great characters and great development. This masterpiece is really worth seeing.
Dec 23, 2022 3:47 AM
Dec 2022
Best Shoujo FR and Ending Is Really Touching.
Jan 1, 2023 8:36 AM

Jan 2021
Last few episodes were enjoyable, ending is meh, I think this type of show isn't for me
Jan 3, 2023 12:48 AM
Dec 2022
An anime I have watched a lot of times. This is the type of rom-com I always look for, but I can't find it in the recent animes anymore. This is my teen anime that had my levels up high for rom-com.
Jan 5, 2023 4:53 PM
Nov 2009
I consider this to be a gem of an anime.  It flows well and while I wished there had been a 2nd season this last ep more or less completed the anime in my view.  I did love the journey of the anime but I also need an ending that doesn't just trail off and go nowhere like another anime (Blend-S) I had high hopes for.  At this this anime had a much more solid ending then most in this genre that I have seen.
Jan 8, 2023 3:17 AM

Apr 2013
Well of course we get that kiss in the last episode. At this point I'm just glad it's over.

The show actually started off quite promising. Misa was hating the boys a bit too much, but still alright. Usui was actually quite funny in the first few episodes. But then he gradually got worse and worse... until he the beach episode where he overstepped more than one or two lines. He became more possessive by the episode and ruined Misa's day a bit too often for his selfish reasons. Doesn't help that he excels in everything he does, he literally cannot lose. Not even against people who are prodigies in their most passionate profession. He's basically as perfect and boring as superman, with the exception that he doesn't even have a weakness. I was used to the protagonist in a power fantasy harem anime being perfect at everything and people would usually complain about that, but I did not expect to see that in a shoujo anime as well. On the other hand the true protagonist, who was protrayed to be very capable of her own at the beginning, soon needed Usui for every little thing and became completely dependant on him.

If I had not watched some actually good shoujo like "Ore Monogatari" I would think that every shoujo is as bad as this one was. 3/10
Feb 14, 2023 11:54 PM
Oct 2022
Without a doubt, the most romantic anime I ever watched.
May 1, 2023 11:47 AM
Jun 2020
cuuuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee <3
May 24, 2023 4:50 AM
May 2023
it's is beautiful and cute but it is also funny
Jun 26, 2023 12:55 PM
Oct 2022
The first anime I watched, still in my heart, really good :)
Aug 15, 2023 5:29 PM
Aug 2023
good ending epsiode:) has to be one of my favorites. loved watching this anime and the pacing was actually pretty good in comparison to others!
Sep 2, 2023 8:29 AM

Jan 2022
The little girl and her baby sister looked exactly like Misa and her little sister, crazy. Misa finally confessed, its about damn time it only took 26 episodes. This was a good anime, it just dragged on for a little too long. It also repeated itself a little too much and was kind of obvious at times. Usui was a good character, the issue was Misa for being so stubborn and almost oblivious on purpose. There's no way she was that dense.
This never updates so that's cool
Dec 31, 2023 10:43 PM
Dec 2023
Buenísimo, pero muy cliché
Apr 1, 1:21 AM
Feb 2024
Very good ending, i like it the feeling so warm sooo yeah this is good
Apr 6, 6:52 PM
Sep 2023
Is was the second kiss of the series but it was the best. And not to mention misaki confessed and usuri also confessed for the second time. I wish and hope there’s a season two even thought chances are slim great anime in general should give a watch.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» Anime or manga

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 6

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

taim - Jul 15, 2010

142 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 24, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

165 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 22, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2010

128 by antoninus_v »»
Mar 21, 8:23 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 26, 2010

116 by antoninus_v »»
Mar 14, 7:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.