Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 8 Discussion

Apr 29, 2009 11:45 PM

woah!!!!! they all turned to zero's!!! i never expected that one!! ahahahaha.. well they did promise to exile zero... and if they're all zeros.. they can't do anything right... hahaha

Aug 18, 2009 6:10 AM
The 1 million Zeros bit reminded me of V For Vendetta...

Also how come all the students stayed the same except Nina who is now an adult? Inconsistent time progression FTL.

Aug 27, 2009 10:52 PM

Great ep, seeing all those Zero's was truly incredible. I seriously have no idea were this series is headed and I'm lovin every moment of it!

Nov 2, 2009 5:49 AM
Awesome idea, and damn i laughed seeing 1 million Zeros xD.
Code Geass is really a kind of anime i like, there should be more like this.

Nov 23, 2009 4:10 PM

That was soooo epic.

Dec 27, 2009 8:39 PM

Now I'm blown away. That was absolutely genius.

Jan 8, 2010 6:24 PM

Well that goofy display of ....well something, inspired me to drop this season another point. Yay.
Well one thing I've learned from this experience, is that a princess is still a princesss even when she is naked.

Jan 29, 2010 3:49 PM

oh my goodness I just can't take this show :(
I won't be fooled by a mere 3-d girl!!!

Jan 29, 2010 10:43 PM

I did not know that he could pull that off. LOL. Now they are moving to the Chinese Federation. Things are sure to get more interesting. I wonder what Nina is planning to create.

Feb 2, 2010 1:36 PM

Man oh man ,zero comes up with the craziest ideas XD !!!

Feb 2, 2010 2:40 PM

That Zero really is a genius ;)

May 11, 2010 7:25 AM

He's a genius! :D
Now they're all free! woo-hoo!

Oct 18, 2010 12:06 PM

Before I was thinking that Lelouch's intelligence is nothing to compare with Light Yagami's, but after this episode I must start to think it again :D Like everyone's saying WOHOO a million Zeros! man, Leuluch really owned Suzaku this time.

Nov 11, 2010 10:05 AM
ender650 said:
Great episode, if the rumors about episode 9 being delayed are true it will really be hard waiting for it to air. I still don't understand how the black knights are getting all of their resources- producing 1 million zero suites would be a massive and expensive undertaking.
They don't need money. All it takes is Lelouch gently asking for it (aka Geass).

Anyway, that was kind of a ridiculous idea. But a good one nonetheless. The Britannians couldn't do anything to stop them without breaking their word and their laws. Though they could have acted anyway and that would lead to another massacre. Good thing Lelouch was able to correctly predict Suzaku's reaction. That was risky though. He needs to stop playing with people's emotions so much or he'll lose the control. Especially with Rolo.

ZEFIs_husbando said:
they seriously need to stop with the pointless fanservice.
Agreed.

Dec 29, 2010 5:09 PM

Lol, they all changed so quickly.

Jan 21, 2011 8:00 AM
i guess lulu really is a good person deep down

Feb 26, 2011 12:48 PM
I'm Spartacus!

May 23, 2011 1:00 PM
This was a great episode still all is good I find that matter of fact great n_n

Jun 7, 2011 10:33 AM

Great stuff. Lulu strikes again... masterful plan! I wonder what awaits the million who were 'exiled'...

Jun 30, 2011 3:19 PM

I ROFLD SEEING ALL THOSE ZEROS! XDDDD
hi

Sep 22, 2011 3:20 AM

Brilliant as always, Lelouch.

Feb 23, 2012 3:21 PM

Foton said:
The Ep in a nutshell:

WE ARE ZERO

WE DO NOT FORGIVE

WE DO NOT FORGET

EXPECT US

Jul 13, 2012 1:40 AM

What a twist, very unexpected. Definitely shows that Lelouch almost always knows what he is doing, like a true mastermind. 5/5

Jul 21, 2012 5:47 PM
This episode was great! THis is the first time they've done something peacefully and got away with it. Makes meh happy.

Jul 30, 2012 3:43 PM
The first half of the episode was meh. But the second half is good.
1 millon of zero cool.But I seen that on google before i see that.
Cc needs to appear more.
Nina still looks ugly like always.
4/5

Aug 31, 2012 5:05 AM

The R2 is so much better than the R1. Really, I nearly had to make me watch the fist 15 episodes from it, but it was worth for those episodes of R2!
I hope, its going to stay so good ;D
I´m not a native english speaker and I´ve always got bad notes in English, so please, deal with my mistakes try to correct them in your thoughts during reading.

Example:
What´s written:
My inglish have newer be gut
what you read:
My english has never been good.

Hope you got it :P

"You cannot change fate. However, you can rise to meet it, if you so choose"

Sep 27, 2012 1:15 PM

Awesome episode - I'd love to know how Lelouch actually managed to set up 1 million Zero costumes and get all that gas or whatever it was set up as well. A very good plan, yet slightly unrealistic. Nice that Lelouch managed to get away, keep the respect of the Black Knights and create a safe-ish place for Nunnally. I just wonder where it's all going to go wrong :')

Oct 31, 2012 10:08 PM
originanime

This is what you call the "happy" ending version.

Nov 28, 2012 1:47 PM

This may be my favorite episode of the series so far. It reminded me of V for Vendetta with all the Zero costumes.

After taking an inexplicably long break from watching Code Geass, i have a hard time keeping up with all the characters and their plotlines so that was a bad idea indeed. Though I took a break mostly because if the anime were to end here, i would have no objections, it really would be an awesome ending!

I was also juggling with whether to go all the way back and start watching it in Japanese instead, but i figure i'd rewatch the show anyway sometime so i may as well do it then. The English dub however really is quite good! Especially Johnny Yung Bosch, Crispin Freeman and Yuri Lowenthal, they're are fantastic in this. Then again this is a Mary Elisabeth McGlynn directed production, so of course it's gonna be good!

Now to get back into the Geass action... May just check out a few episode summaries while i'm at it!
Modified by who_dat_ninja, Nov 28, 2012 2:20 PM

Nov 30, 2012 9:26 AM

Well Zero gave 1mln uniforms to this people? And all of them changed clothes so fast? its very unrealistic lol

btw wth is that ice mountains there? 1mln japanse people had to sail with it to their "promised land"?

Jan 23, 2013 3:28 PM
ALL the Zeroes!

Mar 2, 2013 4:59 AM

Epic episode, that ending was so impressive! Just like anonymous fuck yea! Those costumes are fucking sweet! Really epic episode a million Japanese are saved, lets see what Zero does now!

Mar 31, 2013 8:16 AM

ALL OF YOU ZEROS! xD Man, that was the most epic troll ever! Zero played his cards really well(not that I expected him to fail anyway, but still), but I can't see what's next.

So Lelouch's order over Kururugi is still working. Nice.

Jun 17, 2013 6:36 PM

I never thought I would say this but I liked Suzaku in this episode. For the first time, his actions reflected his principles. I feel like that this should've been the ending. I wish Suzaku stay like this until the end of the season.

That being said, Lelouch is a pure genius! Loopholes FTW!!

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]

Jun 26, 2013 3:50 PM
Anime Moderator
Kuroe_Kurose said:
I had V for Vendetta flashbacks when I saw the million Zeros.

Same here, and as cool as this was, I kind of wanted to laugh because I never liked the costume anyways...I think it looks silly. It was obvious that Lulu wouldn't do anything to go against Nunnally, and in the last episode, he said that it wasn't about Nunnally anymore. But they executed this pretty well, how being Japanese (or any nationality) is the heart, and that they'll be Japanese anywhere they go. Right then, I knew they were all going to leave. Leave it up to Lulu to bring out such a plan. This is actually the first time that I though Lulu's plan was really good, using Britannia's policy against them.

In addition, Suzaku made the right choice. He still has ability to rationalize, even though he was under a lot of pressure. Since he is Japanese, he knows best how the rest of the Japanese people will react if Britannia kills all those Zeros. Despite knowing that he will probably get a lot of shit from the Britannians for this, he still made the best decision. I mean it makes more sense, as he said, that keeping them all in Britannia isn't going to benefit the country, it would be better to "cleanse" Britannia of the rebels, while keeping their policy.

Aug 16, 2013 4:06 PM

Wow, those people change pretty fast huh.

Jan 26, 2014 10:21 PM

Damn, one million Zeros? Wonder where all those costumes came from.

Anyway it was a great episode. Lelouch really had them fooled.

Feb 25, 2014 8:03 PM

i didnt cry not that i didnt want to but i've been marathoning this since r1 so my tears kinda ran out

oh lulu i knew i could always trust you amazing you managed to make nunally happy and save your people yes i say your people even though your not japanese as you said its in the hear <3 my love

suzaku for now for once im proud of you thank you

May 19, 2014 4:51 PM

Another miracle for lelouch lamperouge
Take an advil.

May 23, 2014 7:05 AM

Is there a series with more plot twists then code geass

Jul 27, 2014 11:41 AM

When you're rewatching the series with someone who has never seen it and they're like 'so are they gonna create a new japan in china?' and youre like 'you dont even know how hard shits about to hit the fan'

Jul 29, 2014 12:54 PM

On to the next 1
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 31, 2014 5:35 AM

where is this gonna ogoooo
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."

Aug 8, 2014 5:24 PM
I HATE THIS EPISODE BECAUSE:

It's the episode that broke code geass's nearly flawless story/context. A series that took itself seriously and had a serious tone backed up by reasonably clever strategies, then BAM all of a sudden 1 MILLION zero costumes and lets all just escape on a giant boat. THE FUCK, WHYYY?? It makes no sense

And even if it did, wouldn't it have been 1 million times easier to have Lelouch simply take off his zero costume instead of getting 1 million of them made to hide himself.
Modified by bladeangel, Aug 8, 2014 5:27 PM

Aug 9, 2014 9:15 PM

I will always be surprised by the claim that Code Geass took itself fully seriously or always had a serious tone. That couldn't be further from my own observations and experiences, both at the time of broadcast and during multiple viewings.

There are countless examples and elements, to say nothing of the chosen art style and visual designs among other factors, that indicate the opposite. From the very beginning, the show was more concerned with theatrics, operatics, comedy, whimsy and melodrama, than with trying to maintain anything resembling true realism.

Evidently, the one million masked men plan is a preposterous idea. If viewed from a realistic lens, that just couldn't be done in reality. But in the context of Code Geass, I felt such a move could in fact happen because it's an over-the-top anime. When you take a look back, I would say this was only the most specifically over-the-top stunt, but far from being an exception or a sudden change in terms of the previously displayed characteristics of the anime.

Aug 18, 2014 5:05 PM

That was very strange... and strangely very cool. The ending was delightfully happy. Million Zero's was suuuch a long shot though. I liked how Lelouch didn't mind revealing his identity to Sayoko and how they made Suzaku redeem his character somewhat. Stopping the attack and that "That's why I became a soldier!" was nice.

Also, "That prototype was a complete failure"
You are a complete failure Nina!
Argh, I hate Nina even more so after seeing that she actually pushed that button to blow up a nuke during the Black Rebellion.

Sep 8, 2014 7:39 PM

Wasn't expecting that...don't think anyone was.

This series has proven time and time of how unpredictable things can get. That being said, one million zeros...how crazy is that? 1,000,000 x 0=0?

At this point, I have no idea what's going to come next, so the only thing I can do is watch the next episode! Still 17 more episodes, oh boy!

Sep 8, 2014 11:47 PM

You are Zero, I am Zero, Your mom is Zero. We are all Zero.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

Sep 13, 2014 6:36 PM

bladeangel said:
And even if it did, wouldn't it have been 1 million times easier to have Lelouch simply take off his zero costume instead of getting 1 million of them made to hide himself.

The costume IS Zero. Him taking off the costume wouldn't have made the 1 million people Zero, and it wouldn't have gotten them exiled.

Anyway, gonna have to agree that, aside from the awesome plot twist, this episode was kind of too slow. Despite 2 or 3 EXCELLENT episodes this season, I preferred R1 so far. The plot moved a lot more quickly; it felt like more happened.

Hopefully this is just the beginning and R2 soon shows what makes it so special and why it's rated so highly. I really wanted to give it a 10, but right now it's looking more like an 8.

Oct 2, 2014 12:08 PM

Now everybody is Zero, they managed to change pretty quickly though.

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »