Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2010 7:44 AM

Dec 2009
And that's the end of HOTD? So boring. I hope they'll make a second season, OVAs, or something... 6/10
Sep 20, 2010 8:22 AM

Jan 2008
the scene at the end when they were al smiling and ready to kill zombies was just so NOT right. I mean i understand...they're zombies, but you can't just have that smile on your face when you're starting a massacre...
Sep 20, 2010 8:28 AM

Jul 2010
It's sad to see the series end but it was still fantastic and the last episode was great in particular.

I really hope Mad House chooses to make a second season. The part after the credits with the Asami cameo and the gang in front of the mall was too much!
Sep 20, 2010 8:30 AM

Jul 2010
Soffi said:
And that's the end of HOTD? So boring. I hope they'll make a second season, OVAs, or something... 6/10

Theres a OVA

http://myanimelist.net/anime/9515/Highschool_of_the_Dead_OVA
Sep 20, 2010 9:18 AM

Dec 2009
>_> the ending left everything ... open for a second season , the fight scenes were better but ... what was the deal with the nukes ?
Overall 1/10 .
Sep 20, 2010 9:20 AM

Mar 2008
This kinda lost its steam for me in the later episodes, but not a bad conclusion..expected as much.
Sep 20, 2010 9:21 AM

May 2009
It ended at the best part -.-'
Sep 20, 2010 9:22 AM

Jan 2010
Yami-chii said:
And in the end we still don't know what on earth caused the zombie attack. xD

why bother with the cause of the zombie apocalypse? it doesn't matter how it was caused cuz in the end, are you really gonna go out of your way for a cure that might not even exist? are you gonna be building up conspiracy theories like several people did episodes prior like "THE GOVERNMENT DID THIS!!"? if someone really spent their time questioning all these facts, they'd most likely end up as zombie chow. also, it doesn't matter what happened in the past because once the apocalypse began the past is essentially null and void and you have to start all over from scratch. what was once wrong to do is now acceptable by society or whats left of it.
Sep 20, 2010 9:27 AM

Jan 2010
Koi-phan said:
Hansinkdu said:
Orion1 said:
As others have stated there is no reason for the launch of EMP weapons which have absolutely zero effect on Zombies? Retarded!

Even in a zombie apocalypse, each country's government is doing what it can to prevent another country from gaining global dominance during this time of crisis, but at the same time attempting to gain dominance over the others by crippling them, which is where the EMP's come in. It's M.A.D because each government can't trust one other, and for good reason.

^ This.

agreed.

Koi-phan said:
Xavierxenon said:
Thank god this is over. Biggest dissappointment of this season, and I was really looking forward to a good zombie anime, not some generic ecchi-fest with crappy tacked on drama.

Biggest disappointment? What bollocks.
There are even worse shows this season.
And HoTD is one of the gems of this season IMO.

^This.
Sep 20, 2010 9:34 AM

Oct 2008
Worse than expected, I was dissappointed.

Ecchi took absurd levels and most of the characters weren't interesting at all. Madhouse's adaption was good in the animation and sound department though. 6/10.

By the way, the OVA is not a continuation. And we won't get a 2nd season so soon as the manga only has 27 chapters as of now and the anime used 16 of them. : \
Sep 20, 2010 9:45 AM
Jul 2010
This episode just prove how useless the nurse is when fighting zombies but do no DOUBT her driving skill.....that was one mad driving skill she has to drive out the narrow passage over at the bus collision point.
Sep 20, 2010 9:47 AM
Aug 2010
I liked the whole story, music, art, characters and so on. It really was a good show. The whole ecchines was kinda getting on my nerves, but it wasn't that bad.

But when I saw the end I was like... WTF??? It was soooo open and meaningless :( A huge dissappointment. I mean, sure, the manga hasn't enden yet, but couldn't they wait a little bit longer for the it before starting animating?

Overall I still love it. Although i didn't get to know, where all the zombies came from, it was still enjoyable and the zombie bashing scenes were just awesome. I already miss the zombies D:
Hoping for a second season, because HOTD deserves it.
Sep 20, 2010 9:49 AM
Nov 2009
Terrific ending. =w=

Time for a season 2, since this one won't just stop there. Ha.
Sep 20, 2010 10:01 AM

Nov 2008
I think there will be sencond season, but is not close... (it ended in the same place as in the one year hiatus of the manga)

It was a good adaptation (Although something was changed it was good).

Btw. Kohta´s expressions are hilarious.
Sep 20, 2010 10:03 AM

Sep 2009
The ending is fine if you assume there's going to be another season. If there isn't, well, it's not bad but it's definitely a frustrating cliffhanger. I'm just glad we finally got some action after 2 episodes of zombieless drama.

It was a good series, really. It had a few "meh" episodes, but it also had a few "THIS IS AWESOME" episodes. Season 2, I am counting on you to be real.....

Anime Blog Writer For: METANORN (Currently blogging: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Fractale, Tegami Bachi REVERSE)
Sep 20, 2010 10:08 AM
Sep 2009
Well, that certainly was fun. Not really creative, original, or deep but who expected that anyway. Just the mindless violence I was looking for.

Also, it quoted T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men, one of the greatest poems ever written... I don't think this show warrants such greatness, but it is a cool quote anyway.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Sep 20, 2010 10:09 AM

Jul 2009
Awesome ending! Can't wait for the OVA!

Dude popping out from under the car and getting free service :D
Saya's parents are OP
"Why are you so surprised?" "That's how the author made me..."

Cool quote at the end

Edit: Just noticed Hirano has the same name as the Hellsing creator... coincidence?
wheresthehandleSep 20, 2010 11:04 AM
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 20, 2010 10:18 AM
May 2009
Probably wasn't paying attention but what was the point of the emp? It just makes it harder to survive, are they trying to make every1 zombies... ANywayz good show ^^ 8/10
Sep 20, 2010 10:18 AM

Jul 2009
Des said:
supersayen said:

That is the best scene :

FumiGuys translated that to: "That is my characther" XD
Funny either way, I lol`d XD

That's what she said, but it had a double meaning, and those guys^ ran with it :P
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
you are not alone.
Sep 20, 2010 10:19 AM

Feb 2009
Extreme fanservice failed this show...if it was just a bit less and a bit not so ridiculous at moments it would be far better,imho.
Well,anyway the ending was pretty well made.And the show as a whole wasn't bad either.Loved colored,moving and speaking Saeko <3
But still i liked the manga better.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Sep 20, 2010 10:20 AM

Jul 2009
Orion1 said:
Hansinkdu said:
Even in a zombie apocalypse, each country's government is doing what it can to prevent another country from gaining global dominance during this time of crisis, but at the same time attempting to gain dominance over the others by crippling them, which is where the EMP's come in. It's M.A.D because each government can't trust one other, and for good reason.

So basically you didn't watch the same series that I just finished. You seem to have forgotten that this Zombie outbreak was on a worldwide pandemic scale and the nuclear weapons seemed to be launched in an attempt to contain the infected cities. Considering in past episodes we saw Washington D.C. overrun with Zombies we can assume that the United States wasn't thinking of expanding it's global Hegemony. We could also assume the same for the other Nuclear nations. In episode 11 they discussed Russia actually firing a MIRV(Multiple independently targetable reentry vehicle). You don't launch a MIRV unless you are seriously planning on destroying a lot of targets. We also see in episode 11 the United States shoot off an SLBM(submarine-launched ballistic missile). Ask yourself why the United States, which was implied as being overrun with Zombies would want to disable the electronics in Japan. This is a strategic tactic that is to be implemented before an invasion. There are only a few logical reasons I can think of to use Nuclear weapons during a world wide pandemic, assuming the zombies were caused by some sort of virus and not the devil, one would be to attempt to contain the infected areas. Of which Japan was an infected zone. Another would be if another country did not know that this was a world wide pandemic and interpreted the zombie breakout as a first strike biological attack against it's country.

Since a real antagonist was never really established, other than the Zombies and crazy perv teacher guy, how are we to imagine like you are suggesting that there is an actual attempt by some evil country to take over the world. Seriously yo. The only reason they used the EMP attack was to add a dramatic effect that would lead to some sort of climax. I'm just pointing out that premise behind the entire episode was not well thought out, nor was the entire series a good example of other Zombie movies which have meaning and substance behind all the gore and fanservice. This show had a chance in the beginning, but it just fell into the same ecchi hole, when it continued to focus on fanservice rather than a well developed plot. It's ok haters gonna hate right? But seriously I'm still just really disappointed. I say if they do ever decide to create a second season they need to fire the mangaka if he's at fault for this plot line or ignore him and focus more on other great zombie creators, particularly George A. Romero.

WALL OF TEXT CRITS YOU FOR >9000!
Were they REALLY trying to make a serious zombie apocalypse story? REALLY? I don't think so. It's not Adaptation Decay, it's just awesome.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
you are not alone.
Sep 20, 2010 10:25 AM

Jul 2009
What I actually wanted was to see a bit more of the government, which we got to see (those in space, the military) and I'm greatful that the characters are finally moving forward, yet seriously, right at the end!?

Sep 20, 2010 10:25 AM

Nov 2008
wheresthehandle said:
Des said:
supersayen said:

That is the best scene :

FumiGuys translated that to: "That is my characther" XD
Funny either way, I lol`d XD

That's what she said, but it had a double meaning, and those guys^ ran with it :P

Haha Lol, one of the best parts.

DuroDeMatarSep 20, 2010 12:13 PM
Sep 20, 2010 10:37 AM

Oct 2008
LuciferTheAngel said:
...thats all?
srsly , theres no real plot

EXACTLY.
Sep 20, 2010 11:00 AM

Aug 2008
Well at least it wasn't a filler ending. I'm glad it's following the manga.
Sep 20, 2010 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
I really enjoyed this episode. I've been bitching about the show since episode 6 or so but I really dug this one. If the whole show had this focused I would have loved it.
Sep 20, 2010 11:18 AM

May 2010
Waiting for season 2! But in the end of this season, anime became boring, the beginning was very great!
Sep 20, 2010 11:20 AM

Aug 2009
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im in state of tears, hotd is my 4th ongoing anime that has ended this week leaving me wanting moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Sep 20, 2010 11:24 AM

May 2010
I totally enjoyed this anime... it was exciting, funny and scary at the same time.
The last episode was like kinda an open end, I hope there will be another season :3

Although if you think realistically, the end will be that the world is conquered by the dead ^^"
Sep 20, 2010 11:30 AM
Jun 2010
Ok so check it out, the whole nuke thing.

If some crazy ass apocalypse was to really happen the only people left with some sort of authority would be the different militarys located throughout the world. If the situation was to ever come under control(for instance the zombies have a limited lifespan or a way to kill them by some crazy zombie virus etc...) guess what....theres no more governments of the world, the people with the power are essentially the rulers of the entire world. SOOOO....what do you do in the midst of utter world chaos? You take advantage of the situation and wipe out the competition while no one can really tell whats going on.

Not sure if thats where the anime is taking it but that'd be the most logical way of thinking about it.

Kudos for episodes 1, 2, 11, and 12. With the money spent on all the other episodes you prolly could have made 2-3 other good animes with slightly less production value :)
Sep 20, 2010 11:34 AM

Apr 2010
Makes me want to play Left 4 Dead
Sep 20, 2010 11:41 AM

Mar 2010
throwing a tire yup thats epic, anyways this kept me hyped for some time

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 20, 2010 11:48 AM

Aug 2010
I really hope there will be a second season

Sep 20, 2010 12:20 PM

Dec 2009
2 words.
Fucking Zombies.

That's what the entire series was lacking. A REAL zombie fight, with no boobs bouncing all over the screen.

I enjoyed it :) 9/10

I'm looking forward to the OVA as well as a second season.
Sep 20, 2010 12:23 PM

Nov 2009
The show did have many flows(mostly fan service related). The first three episodes were perfect, then the lack of zombie bashing in favor of tits so enormous that there were more grotesque than nice, was annoying, but in the end who caress, I still really enjoyed the series as a whole.
Sep 20, 2010 12:27 PM

Nov 2009
Lots of action and i liked that a bit, but it didn't give me a better impression of the show in the end. This is definitely not a 5(average) show, but it isn't really 7(good). I think Fine is the perfect word to describe this mixture of guilty pleasures and physic / plot holes.
Sep 20, 2010 12:28 PM

Jul 2010
I still think it's silly that people complain about the fanservice. Do you complain about romance series that have romance?
Sep 20, 2010 12:29 PM

Jan 2009
Iisan-kun said:
kerobear said:
so they nuke because ? =/ i dont get politics afterall

Why? I have no idea, maybe they'll bother to explain it sometime.

Its a bit obvious - the survivors will have free reign over world's remaining natural resources - assuming any organising armies survived, they would be supreme world leaders.

Also glad that teacher got owned.
Sep 20, 2010 12:50 PM

Aug 2010
kinda sad yet happy its over, wish there were more zombies, but it was pretty good. hoping for a second series.
Sep 20, 2010 12:56 PM
Jul 2010
I felt empty inthis episode, I loved most of this series and it followed the manga a lot but I'm guessing that they ended this way to get a second season. They caught up pretty far in the manga so they might have to wait a while to get more episodes. Now for the EMP bombing, it states in the manga that other communist countries were firing bombs to other countries so when that one was the only one left it got Japan. I don't know why but it seems they were fire because of lack of control and much panic. Anyways I can't wait for the next season
Sep 20, 2010 1:00 PM

Aug 2009
I liked it, I think it's funny there's still complaints about the fanservice or the "Omg it's not deep, I expect zombies movies and shows to have an amazing story!" plot. the show was a guilty pleasure, that's all. Not the best thing ever made, but still enjoyable.

And complaining about the fanservice in this show is like complaining about chinese foods in a chinese restaurant.

Airi is mine (゚∇゚)
Sep 20, 2010 1:05 PM

Feb 2010
The End. The two clichees at the end were coming unexpected: Walking besides each other and hiding in a mall (don't know if they actually want to do that). Well, well. When I heard of this show I expected more so only 7/10. Since the episodes in the middle were crap (The first ones and the last ones were awesome.).
Sep 20, 2010 1:11 PM

Aug 2008
The episode itself was outstanding. I loved it when this show focused on the stylish action. As for the series, it's going to take a minute to sort out my thoughts on the series. This very, very unique]/i] series. I'm going to enjoy reading these forum posts from front to back.

Sep 20, 2010 1:13 PM

Jun 2010
waiting for the OVA... good end btw kinda ambiguos but it's what succesful anime do.
Sep 20, 2010 1:19 PM

Jan 2010
The last episode was surprisingly pretty good, even if it was predictable. Anyway, I'm 99.9% sure there will eventually be a season 2 because of a) the open ending, and b) the popularity of this anime.

Some episodes were decent, a couple were great, and most were crap. So overall, I'm giving it a 6/10.
Sep 20, 2010 1:20 PM

Aug 2010
Personally I was hoping for an "everyone dies" ending.
Sep 20, 2010 1:26 PM
Jul 2010
You know, after 7 I'd completely lost a direct interest to the anime. But having just seen this ~amazing~ episode, I'm on the verge of begging for a season II or a two hour OVA. It's indescribable how well this finale' was pulled off.
Sep 20, 2010 1:28 PM
Dec 2009
8/10 for me. I felt it was lacking a bit with the story. Nothing happened throughout the entire anime. Definitely needs a season 2. It will definitely be worth watching and I hope it will be more epic.
Sep 20, 2010 1:48 PM
Aug 2009
Last ep was the best, didn't see a lot of ecchi scenes which made the battles more intense. Looking forward to the second season (if they'll make one).
Sep 20, 2010 1:53 PM

Jun 2010
With that ending there had better be some sort of continuation. Closure needed. Still cool zombie fights to say the least.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2010

276 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

541 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 16, 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.