Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2010 1:50 AM
Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oooh... Much improved <3
I think that the two things that bugged me from the beginning of the first series were the OP and the transformation sequence, and here both are... extremely watchable. Not too keen on the new ED (I miss my dancing minions... *sniff*), but, oh well.

SO, first episode, massive plotdump. Jyaku-King directly attacked Queen with its dying breath, eventually breaking her into three parts. Mepple, Mipple, and Pollun are revived to help Pretty Cure rejoin those three parts- Oh, yeah, and to fend off the dark forces that seem to be reawakening. Wisdom and the old guy (can't remember his name) set up camp in Nagisa's room, if only to further inconvenience her, and there's some little kid running around the former mansion of the Three Prime Evils. Pretty Cure's strength, signature attack, and frills of justice have all received a decent upgrade, and somewhere in the middle of this whole mess is a mysterious blonde girl that seems to have the ability to teleport.
NICE.
Just my two cents.
Mar 13, 2011 8:34 PM

Sep 2008
I wished their outfits looked a little more different.
There sure is a lot more White Thunder in the Marble Screw Max though...

The Queen is adorable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2011 1:21 PM

May 2009
Yesss the Zakenna butlers are back. And some random kid who I'm assuming is Belzei but I'm probably incredibly wrong? ehh

Really happy the transformation sequence isn't as tedious. The OP being mostly the same is disappointing though but I'll deal.
I've got this burnin' like my veins are filled with nothin' but gasoline.
Aug 5, 2011 11:49 AM

Apr 2011
Oh how I missed my girls and Mipple and Mepple looked so cool when they just popped out of nowhere and attacked the Zakenna. Cool looking Zakenna too.

The transformation took a nice change and I like the Marble Screw Max.
Feb 5, 2012 9:57 PM

Mar 2009
Nice start, I'm enjoying all the upgrades.

I think it's pretty obvious that the blonde girl is the queen, but who is the little boy?
Reincarnation?

I was hoping the Zakenna butlers would return, they are hilarious!

The first enemy already looked better, I hope they keep improving them.

And, I can't wait to see who the new villains will be.

And, I'm so glad the transformation is shorter. I liked it before, but after so many episodes it got really boring. This seems like it won't be so bad.

Urahara Out!!
May 11, 2017 7:17 PM

Nov 2011
Whoa what. This first episode blew away my expectations. The story direction is stronger than I anticipated and the style got a major upgrade.

Story-wise there's a much, much better reason for there being what I've always assumed was a third Cure in this sequel, what with the Queen of Light being unable to sustain her full form any longer after the events of the last season. While there's still a good bit of fetch quest potential here, the Dark King transferring his life force at the time of his demise could make the plotline overall a lot more interesting.

Stylistically everything looks better. The transformation sequences are short and intense rather than long and boring, the fights are really well animated and a lot more dynamic, even the Marble Screw looks way better.

I've seen some negative rep for this second season, but if all of that holds out for awhile I'm probably gonna be #hypetrain.
Jan 2, 2019 6:06 PM

Jul 2015
And with Futari wa finished, time to continue with its sequel!

First episode was nice introducing the setting, seeing Honoka and Nagisa so happy to see everyone back was heartwarming, the Zakenna butlers are still in the mansion too! Looking forward to seeing more about that kid and the third Precure.
Nov 11, 2019 6:52 PM

Jun 2014
I can't believe I've waited 4 1/2 years to continue the franchise, but here I am, and it's great to see Cure Black & Cure White again.

I wonder who the blonde girl is? She appears to be a main character, seeing how she's in the intro. I guess we'll find out in time.

Also, is it just me, or does a part of the ending theme sound like Little Peggy March's "I Will Follow Him?" I wonder if that was a coincidence, or maybe not, seeing how it charted in Japan.

Apr 7, 10:38 PM

Dec 2022
hehe teacher got them all hot and bothered with stories of happy marriage ^_^
feels good to have new animations and music
looks like Queen and King both are just youngsters now!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Futari wa Precure: Max Heart Episode 26 Discussion

ihateeveryone - Jun 16, 2014

5 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 8:07 PM

Poll: » Futari wa Precure Max Heart Episode 25 Discussion

ScrewBall - Nov 14, 2010

4 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Futari wa Precure: Max Heart Episode 24 Discussion

6 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Futari wa Precure Max Heart Episode 23 Discussion

ScrewBall - Nov 10, 2010

6 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 22, 8:30 PM

Poll: » Futari wa Precure: Max Heart Episode 22 Discussion

5 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 21, 6:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.