Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 12, 2010 2:08 AM

Jan 2009
Tangled, previously known as "Rapunzel", will be the 50th animated feature in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series. The film will be released in theaters November 24, 2010.

Initially, I was pretty hyped for Rapunzel. But after hearing the name change I was curious as to why it was made, so I looked it up for verification. And here's why.

"Disney's previous animated feature The Princess and the Frog in 2009, while being highly critically acclaimed and taking in nearly $270 million worldwide, was not as successful as Disney had hoped. Disney expressed the belief that the film's emphasis on princesses may have deterred young boys from seeing the film. In order to market the film to both boys and girls, Disney changed the film's name from Rapunzel to Tangled, while also emphasizing Flynn Rider, the film's prominent male character. Disney was criticized for altering the classic title and story as a marketing strategy. Floyd Norman, a former Disney and Pixar animator, said, "The idea of changing the title of a classic like 'Rapunzel' to 'Tangled' is beyond stupid. I'm convinced they'll gain nothing from this except the public seeing Disney as desperately trying to find an audience."

So I gotta agree, I'm not very pleased that they're willing to change the story and everything just to put more cash in their wallets. :/ but what can you do? anyways, I'll still check it out.

But that's just my opinion. XD what does everyone else think of it?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 19, 2010 6:32 PM

Feb 2010
They didn't actually change the storyline at all. The main character was going to be Flynn, even if it was called "Rapunzel". Plus, this is the first move, EVER, to combine the classic Disney "hand-drawn" animation, and CGI. It looks incredibly epic. I saw the second trailer for it and it looks like that they took a lot of information from Rapunzel and created an entire movie out of it. It looks like it is going to be great.
Sep 27, 2010 6:33 PM

Mar 2010
i agree with mysticryan, i saw the trailer and it looked realy great, can't wait to see it, it's going to be something else...
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favorite Disney Film(s)

shepperoni - Jan 4, 2010

20 by -Ayu »»
Dec 3, 2016 6:01 AM

» Member Cards~ UPDATED!! New! ( 1 2 )

Blueruby - Aug 29, 2009

85 by Evil_Mastermind »»
Feb 15, 2011 11:41 AM

Sticky: » Claim a Disney Character/Movie~

Blueruby - Aug 29, 2009

38 by heza »»
Feb 11, 2011 3:58 AM

Poll: » Disney with darker themes?

shepperoni - Jan 4, 2010

8 by Blueruby »»
Jul 12, 2010 1:00 PM

» Claim a Disney Song~

Blueruby - Aug 29, 2009

23 by SoftCoyote »»
Jun 23, 2010 8:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.