Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 9, 2010 4:47 PM

May 2010
w0w konan is really something 0_o i want to more of her i hope she wont die
Sep 9, 2010 4:49 PM

Sep 2008
I actually really liked this chapter because it had Konan in it.
It helped that the last page looked pretty epic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2010 4:52 PM

Aug 2010
I'm really interested in the fact that Madara gave Nagato the Rinnegan AND that he spurred Yahiko to form the Akutsuki. Plus, I have to keep in mind that Madara was thought to have died years ago and played a major role in the deaths of the Uchiha clan. I'm just full of anticipation now. I'm curious to how Madara managed to get the Rinnegan when the older son of the Sage of the Six Paths was said to be the last one to have them. My other main concern is how Madara has survived so many years.He is obviously much more than he appears and probably has a much more complex plan than I had originally thought. I'm left with so many questions.

Oh and I'm going to have to agree that Madara isn't really injured; I'm sure its just some elaborate genjutsu.There is no way that Madara would lose an arm to someone less powerful than Pain.
Sep 9, 2010 5:10 PM

Oct 2008
Yup, I knew it. It's one of Aizen's evolutions that disguises him as Madara.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Sep 9, 2010 5:48 PM

Jul 2008
Well I don't usually find naruto good but this chapter alone was very good, for a naruto chapter that is.
Sep 9, 2010 6:21 PM
Aug 2009
Best Naruto chapter in years.

Actually, best Naruto chapter since Shippuden came out.
Sep 9, 2010 6:25 PM

Jan 2009
Osianilist said:

I never thought Paper could be so deadly..

you havent watch R.O.D. OVA and TV yet?

as for this chapter that clear things for me about Nagato i mean Nagato's Rinnegan is so strong but his parents Rinnegan are just normal i mean what the hell? but then in this chapter it was explained that Madara is the one who give that Special Rinnegan to Nagato
Sep 9, 2010 6:34 PM
Aug 2009
ios said:
Osianilist said:

I never thought Paper could be so deadly..

you havent watch R.O.D. OVA and TV yet?

as for this chapter that clear things for me about Nagato i mean Nagato's Rinnegan is so strong but his parents Rinnegan are just normal i mean what the hell? but then in this chapter it was explained that Madara is the one who give that Special Rinnegan to Nagato

Ya, and in the end, uchiha plot twist, omfg, Nagato actually had natural Rinnegan all along, and Madara's Rinnegan was stolen by a Konoha dictator who then implanted them into his arms in order to take over the world.
Sep 9, 2010 6:51 PM
Aug 2010
Madara didn't made himself intangible or teleport because he needs Konan alive in order to recover the Rinnegan, so if Konan dies he can't achieve his goals.
Sep 9, 2010 7:48 PM

Jul 2010
Madara got hurt pretty badly. i never thought coming that. just hope it won't be gen jutsu.

Very good chapter. again kishi hide his face. don't if know he show us his face before the ending. but i hope so. because recently. plot is revolving around madara's face. like kabuto show him coffin and then kisame flash back and now half mask.
Sep 9, 2010 8:10 PM

Nov 2009
I don't get the ending part, but this was a rather good chapter. :3
Sep 9, 2010 8:18 PM

Sep 2007
I always thought Konan had to be strong, but I never would have that she would have so much raw power. Combined with her great intelligence, and she earned her spot in the akatsuki. We'll have to see how much damage Konan really did to Madara, but I really hope she hurts him permanently, or at least succeeds in keeping the rinnegan from him. Also, sure Konan's speech was flowery (haha), but metaphor was a good and concise way to get her point across, and honestly, she made a couple of good ones. At the end of the day, Konan is one of the coolest characters in the series, female or otherwise.
WingZero1223Sep 9, 2010 8:23 PM
Sep 9, 2010 8:19 PM

Jul 2009
RAGE RAGE NARUTO IS BETTER! NO BLEACH IS BETTER!

Imo, this week's Naruto was better than this week's Bleach. They're both "Let me reveal my upgrade that I've been conveniently hiding this whole time! Oh no! You have an upgrade! Lemme HBSOD for a few hundred chapters until I can somehow end up with a plot device-er, upgrade!" manga.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 9, 2010 8:19 PM

Jul 2009
WingZero1223 said:
I always konan had to be strong, but I never would have that she would have so much raw power. Combined with her great intelligence, and she earned her spot in the akatsuki. We'll have to see how much damage Konan really did to Madara, but I really hope she hurts him permanently, or at least succeeds in keeping the rinnegan from him.

Lol, your avatar's clothes are Gainaxing
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 9, 2010 8:25 PM

Sep 2007
wheresthehandle said:
WingZero1223 said:
I always konan had to be strong, but I never would have that she would have so much raw power. Combined with her great intelligence, and she earned her spot in the akatsuki. We'll have to see how much damage Konan really did to Madara, but I really hope she hurts him permanently, or at least succeeds in keeping the rinnegan from him.

Lol, your avatar's clothes are Gainaxing

yep, haha, tis the magic of Street Fighter III animation.
Sep 9, 2010 8:26 PM

Mar 2009
Wait...wait...wait. Madara gave Nagato the Rinnegan?

Wait, what? That doesn't even make sense. Nagato's always had the Rinnegan, even as a young boy. As it stands, this is an ass pull of gigantic proportions. WTF KUBO KISHI.
Sep 9, 2010 8:43 PM

May 2010
Fai said:
- Messiah Naruto of peace and Dark Evil Madara of Haaate...
- Konan attacking like some sort of mahou shoujo.... xDD
- Madara just-as-planning Nagato..... wtf is this i don't even... oh wait... 8]
- Konan attacking Madara with suicide-explosive-paper! 8]
- Flashbacks of konan standing around the place 8]
- Madara ALMOST getting defeated. and we ALMOST see his face 8]

Oh man all of my predictions from the previous chapter are turning out true! Kishi truly is a genius!~

The emotions by this whole chapter: .

Oh and yay for dialogue kiishi, you are now ready to write a sailor moon sequel.

Oh and people don't worry!~ Madara will regrow everything he lost by HATInG and DARKNESS!~

Oh and sure bleach has many power ups, but even THAT is a lot better than "oh but this split second plot event made me survive~" Kishi has been using ever since Sasquatch plothaxxxed Deidara...

Their's really no good adequate response for this other than telling you your a fucking idiot. No one cares about your trolls especially since you troll Naruto but then claim Bleach as amazing when in reality it is much worse than Naruto in every way. Bleach is shit and the longer it goes on the clearer it is to everyone but you. So enough of your trolling already go fap to Bleach somewhere by yourself and never come to the naruto section again.
lalmvpkobeSep 9, 2010 9:34 PM
Sep 9, 2010 8:47 PM

Mar 2009
So.. who felt like they just got papercut?
Sep 9, 2010 9:42 PM

Aug 2008
That was a decent chapter, enjoyed the convo between Konan (I have such a hard time remembering her name) and Madara was interesting. One thing that annoys me is this trend of having the Big Bad involved in EVERYTHING. It's unnecessary. Plus I don't see how the hell that could happen given how the story was told up to this point. Maybe he used his Sharingan to trick those Leaf shinobi into believing Nagato's parents were enemies. That might fly, but I still find that terribly annoying.
Sep 9, 2010 11:28 PM

May 2009
One of the better chapters lately, I sure as hell didn't see Konan putting up that kind of fight against Madara. I'm actually looking forward to next week to see what happens in this battle.

This Fairy Tale Is Ending
Sep 10, 2010 12:38 AM

Aug 2008
Heeeey... this chapter wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be... I do agree that the speech was soooo cliche that I almost puked out my dinner, but heck this got really nteresting... Konan is still alive and managed to inflict a considerate injury on Madara.... BTW.... it's confirmed... It's MADARA! Lol... for those who still doubt who's behind that mask, well it's just Madra.... not Obito... not X. or Y... it's Madara! Just plain old Madara

I really found stupid the fact that Madara says that he was the one who gave Nagato the Rin'nengan... yeh sure you did... dude that thng is a Legendary Blood Limit that only a few get... since born... I dun believe in the shit you say that you actually gave it to him... nope I dun believe ya at all... Is just as Konan said

BTW, Konan is so poerful... and witty! She has the brains to counter Madara and i like that... I hope that she saves herself from him... runaways somewhere or dearly protects the Rin'nengan...

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2010 2:16 AM

Nov 2008
Eh, finally something interesting happens. Seems like Madara really is Tobi or used Tobi's corpse.
That paper sea technique was quite a badass technique.
Sep 10, 2010 2:27 AM

Apr 2009
thethorndog said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Konan destroyed tobi.... Nobody actually ever thought that that would happen... I hope in the next chapter is not just a genjutsu. Everything was made of paper? konnan is fucking raw, probably the strongest girl in this anime aside from the mizugake
same, I sail last time that I didn't know what to expect to happen in this chapter, and I definitely was surprised when I saw that Madaara was injured at all, with all the stuff he's done to avoid getting hurt before. I really hope it's not a genjustsu like some others have already said. That would just get me annoyed. Had enough genjustsu tbh, at least for the moment.
Sep 10, 2010 2:54 AM

Jun 2008
RulenneClarissa said:
thethorndog said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Konan destroyed tobi.... Nobody actually ever thought that that would happen... I hope in the next chapter is not just a genjutsu. Everything was made of paper? konnan is fucking raw, probably the strongest girl in this anime aside from the mizugake
same, I sail last time that I didn't know what to expect to happen in this chapter, and I definitely was surprised when I saw that Madaara was injured at all, with all the stuff he's done to avoid getting hurt before. I really hope it's not a genjustsu like some others have already said. That would just get me annoyed. Had enough genjustsu tbh, at least for the moment.

It's 100% obvious that his injury is not a genjutsu. Why to some people even think of it as a possibility is beyond me. So don't worry.
Despite all that, i don't think the loss of a hand means much to him. He probably has ways of putting a replacement hand there after the battle is over. The Akatsuki in general never had much problems on replacing a few lost limps.

Mormegil said:
Wait...wait...wait. Madara gave Nagato the Rinnegan?

Wait, what? That doesn't even make sense. Nagato's always had the Rinnegan, even as a young boy. As it stands, this is an ass pull of gigantic proportions. WTF KUBO KISHI.

Well, yeah, but shouldn't we wait to first hear the full story behind it? Maybe he didn't had rinnegan eyes in his pocket but instead he tracked down people that had the ability to make a rinnegan child and make them fuck each other so he can use the child in the future.
Or maybe he means that he helped Nagato awake the Rinnegan. He could have grown threw his life with out knowing he had such a thing. Maybe those Konoha ninjas that saw his parents as enemy soldiers and killed them weren't just fooled by the darkness but instead had a genjoutsu over them from Madara that made them see them as enemies. Nagato used the rinnegan for the first time to kill those ninjas.

Anitnelav said:
Yup, I knew it. It's one of Aizen's evolutions that disguises him as Madara.

So, you have discovered the truth. Don't think that you got us by surprise. Aizen already planned that you will discover it by now.
Sep 10, 2010 3:59 AM

Feb 2009
I didn't think "wow good chapter" for a long time in Naruto, pretty interesting moment right there, especially by Konan, what a move. Sure the dialogue is kinda meh, but still great metaphors.

PS: Konan, let me be the ink of your paper!
VeethornSep 10, 2010 4:03 AM
Sep 10, 2010 4:18 AM

Apr 2009
Fai said:
- Messiah Naruto of peace and Dark Evil Madara of Haaate...

indeed.. the flashback and the EVIL madara kinda sucked -_-

the fight was ok
Sep 10, 2010 5:16 AM

May 2010
Konan can be badass too! :D

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Sep 10, 2010 7:11 AM

Jan 2010
only thing left for tobi to say is "I created the first Jutsu"

he actually did all the bad things in this darn Ninja world
Sep 10, 2010 2:19 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, a female in Naruto was actually able to accomplish something and look like a badass...On behalf of women everywhere, all I have to say is: "About f*cking time, Kishi."

The flashback was quite rubbish, as well as the the whole light/dark comparison. I thought it was a bit too cheesy, and definitely more of what we've heard before.

About the whole Madara giving Nagato the eyes, I'll have to wait for next chapter before I give my opinion. It could either be really awesome, or (most likely) utter crap.
Sep 10, 2010 2:32 PM

Aug 2010
Rizzle said:
Wow, a female in Naruto was actually able to accomplish something and look like a badass...On behalf of women everywhere, all I have to say is: "About f*cking time, Kishi."
Holy crap! i never thought of that up till now.
Sep 10, 2010 2:32 PM

Apr 2009

ptotects xD
Sep 10, 2010 2:34 PM

Aug 2010
smokes said:

ptotects xD
Does that imply nagato underneath all that water???
Sep 10, 2010 8:38 PM

Jun 2009
Yea, I was confused by the very last part. Nagato was pain right?

Maybe it was just a typo and they meant to put Madara.
Sep 11, 2010 12:04 AM

May 2010
Nice i can't believe she got this kind of trick but i doubt she can beat madara with it since she is like the big bad last boss or something!!

Sep 11, 2010 10:15 PM

Aug 2008
smokes said:

ptotects xD
Heck yeh... I also saw that when reading.... I really laughed and actually said meh when I noticed.... PTOTECTS.... Big Time Typo.... AJ PLAU! heck yeh! Hahahaha

Signs,
Green
Sep 12, 2010 4:20 AM

Feb 2009
crazyspinz said:
Rizzle said:
Holy crap! i never thought of that up till now.

Tsunade in the huge Sannin battle
Sakura Vs. Sasori
The old lady from the sand village was a pretty useful lady as well.
Sep 12, 2010 8:19 AM

Jul 2008
Tumerking said:
Yea, I was confused by the very last part. Nagato was pain right?

Maybe it was just a typo and they meant to put Madara.

Why would her technique protect madara? :p it's clearly a technique to protect nagato's eyes / body and keep them from madara.
Sep 12, 2010 1:37 PM

Apr 2009
I hope she actually does something and Madara doesnt just go " Ohohoho! I used Genjutsu at the last second. You didnt hurt me at all!"
And Konan is going to use this super awesome jutsu then she will die.
Sep 12, 2010 2:04 PM
Mar 2010
Second chapter in a row I've enjoyed. Naruto is stepping up when its needed most... while One Piece is on a month break. I know you've got 2 more good chapters in you Kishi pull it out.
Sep 12, 2010 5:52 PM
May 2010
Konan blowing off Madaras arm was pretty impressive but i was more concentrated on the piece of his mask she took off. Also some questions need to be answered. like, if Madara gave Nagato the Rinnegan then where did he get it from? the only other Shinobi that had it was Rikudo Sennin so maybe there a connection there. What is Konans "ace in the hole" Each akastuki member were very powerful but behind those powers they were hiding some powerful secrete.

Sasori had his 1,000 puppet jutsu,
Deidra has his Super Atomic clay bomb and the nano clay bombs.
Kakuzu had the 3 puppets inside of him.
Hidan was immortal and could cause someone to instantly die with just a drop of their blood an then stabbing himself in the heart.
I dont think Kisame had a chance to reveal his but if he did it was his giant water prison jutsu in where he changed forms and became a shark and made in nearly impossible to escape.
Itachi had sasunu (or however you spell it)
Nagato had his 6 pains and the revival jutsu and Yahiko's thing that obliterated Konoha, AND the celstial moon (I know its called something else but i can't rmember) that he used to capture Naruto in his Kyuubi form.

so i'm guessing Konan hos something big in store for Madara. It wont kill him of course but it will probably hurt him enough so maybe he'll have to retreat.

Can't wait for the next chapter

(Edit) speaking of Hidan im still waiting for madara to dig him up and put him back together. It's probably been a huge bummer being buried that long.
Quinn2123Sep 12, 2010 5:55 PM
Sep 13, 2010 10:06 AM

Jul 2009
So Madara gave Nagato the eyes and made Yahiko form Akatsuki? *sigh* such a boring supervillain.
Sep 13, 2010 12:46 PM

Mar 2010
Eternal_Shield said:
only thing left for tobi to say is "I created the first Jutsu"

he actually did all the bad things in this darn Ninja world
No all he would have to do is reveal himself as Aizen.
Sep 14, 2010 10:13 AM

Jul 2009
I want to see that fight in action on the anime! I loved this chapter, but I do really like Madara, even if he is missing an arm now. I'm sure he'll find some replacement :) He could use danzo's gross sharingan arm! Hah!
Sep 15, 2010 9:07 AM

Sep 2009
Konan is awesome..but I sense death on the horizon for her through..which sucks..also will we ever see Madara's face? Or Kakashi's for that matter? I know we saw his dad but that doesn't count
“I am Sailor Moon, the champion of justice. In the name of the moon, I will right wrong and triumph over evil… and that means you!” – Usagi Tsukino
Sep 18, 2010 8:49 AM

Jun 2009
Konan is really amazing able to do damage to Tobi (not Madara for now)
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 18, 2010 11:15 PM

Apr 2009
YAY for Konan. :)
Nov 11, 2010 9:28 AM
Feb 2010
this chapter kinda through me off

~ A woman's determination can move the mightiest of stones~
Aug 10, 2018 3:07 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, Madara gave Nagato the Rinnegan?
Apr 25, 2021 12:51 PM

Jan 2020
Wow. It's crazy how tobi is pretty much done for

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.