Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2008 6:05 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I am completely disgusted at the perverts in this show, chop their f*ing balls off. Seriously, she's a 7th grader... Also, Komatsu, when your 'friends' younger sister is kidnapped, you don't go ahead and try raep his other sister somewhere else. I sure hope Kyosuke bashes the shit out of them later on.

Anyways, it was an alright episode. Ayukawa is awesome, n'uff said there.

Onto next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2012 3:28 PM

May 2010
Lol only the love scene was worth watching.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 21, 2012 12:29 AM

May 2008

No means Yes.

Why is everyone so rape-y in this show?
Aug 4, 2013 5:05 AM

Sep 2010
MagEarwhig said:

No means Yes.

Because of patriarchy, it was more pronounced in the 80s
Mar 18, 2014 6:42 AM

Nov 2013
Ok that was just awful, Madoka's mary sueness is getting really annoying, I mean seriously she just happens to be friends with that random guy, it isn't even explained how they know each other.

Oh and how about that Komatsu friend of the year am i rite? Trying to take advantage of one of Kyosuke's sisters while the other one cold be getting raped, what a fucking scumbag.

Hopefully this episode is just a rare blunder.
Jul 30, 2015 6:52 AM

Jul 2013
Good to see other people pointing out what at a degenerate the perv guy was. Until this point i was thinking that he might be a perv but he still could be a nice guy.

Well that thinking flew from the window. If they try to make him look a nice guy later on i will remember what happened in this episode and say no.

Fuck that guy.
Aug 13, 2016 10:48 PM

Jan 2013
In the end a predictable outcome, nothing surprising.
Aug 24, 2016 12:06 PM
Dec 2014
MagEarwhig said:

No means Yes.

80s
Japan

And what is up with this ridiculous character limit?
Mar 5, 2020 8:23 AM

Nov 2016
Ok, the perviness of Seiji was extremely inappropriate this time, to make matters worse, turns out his brother was the "kidnapper"/borderline rapist, lmao.

And was Madoka some sort of delinquent gang leader in the past? First thought that came to mind.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 17, 2021 1:38 AM

Apr 2019
I see that a lot of people take this anime very seriously. It has its flaws, but it's more comedy.

I thought the episode was funny.
Jan 15, 2022 12:13 PM

Jan 2018
I thought this episode was going to be more about Kurumi but I was wrong. It's more Madoka x Kyosuke which I don't mind. But the theme of this episode is disturbing.

So the kidnapper of Kurumi was Komatsu's older brother? Wow what an epic plottwist. I didn't mind Komatsu and Hatta as comic relief characters at the start but they're pushing it now. Unfortunately I doubt this aspect will change. Also I thought Yuusaku was supposed to be strong? How did he get knocked out by just one punch? Did he wanted to be baby'd by Hikaru so bad?

The contents of this episode aged poorly. Especially that video about picking up girls. That shit would land you in trouble immediately if someone made it today. But I think the anime is poking fun at them how they were bad and ineffective even in that age.

By the way, do all the Kasuga siblings have the same type of power? That's a bit boring imo. I wished they had more unique abilities. But then again this series isn't really about that. I think the story would more or less work the same if the supernatural element was removed with some minor alterations to make up for the lack of powers at least so far. Also did we actually see Manami use her powers? All I noticed were Kurumi and Kyosuke's. Manami is always with Kurumi so it's hard to tell if she uses her power or not.
0451Jan 15, 2022 10:41 PM
Jul 2, 2023 6:54 AM
Dec 2015
You go with kurumi! lol

I found it annoying as well. I know they are supposed to be comic relief and they were trying to hit on girls like Ryo saeba from City hunter would do (tt was funny to know that it was his brother). But when Kurumi was supposed to be in a dangerous and you still mess around with the other sister it's not funny anymore. Honestly the show would be better off without these guys at this point.

How is it possible that Madoka is known by so many people, first the night bar and now these guys. the post above about the gang leader might be correct, since even in episode 1 those guys fighting with madoka knew her. isn't she kind of young for that though?

On a side note, the arcade room moment had the sound of Arkanoid, I believe it came around around that time :D

I think Madoka was envy about how she didnt have siblings, it might also be addressed later.

The policeman was a bit too strict, something like this wouldn't be possible today (to ban younger people in a place like that)
Jan 7, 3:48 PM

Jul 2023
Kurumi is always funny.

Didn't know there were dating instructional videos back in the 80s.

The 'kidnapper' turned out to be the older brother of one of Kasuga's loser friends.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 48 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 23, 2009

38 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 12, 4:18 AM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 47 Discussion

21 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 12, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 46 Discussion

9 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 11, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 45 Discussion

16 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 11, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 44 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 22, 2009

13 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 11, 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.