Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2010 11:57 AM
Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The last fight seemed pointless; and this is after all the trouble to get Dinagiga started!!
Jan 22, 2019 11:17 PM

Sep 2018
What if in an alternate universe Evegelion wasn't the classic it's regarded as now. What if it was condensed to two episodes? What if it was made by a studio who's strong point is slice of life anime? What if it had extremely obnoxious voices for all the main characters and they were all lifeless tropes? What if the writing was terrible? What if the only thought it provoked was why you were still watching it? Well, then it would be this.

"see you all again" good god I hope not.
KristiwazhereJan 22, 2019 11:39 PM
Jun 19, 2019 8:00 AM
Oct 2010
kandi_gloss said:
What if in an alternate universe Evegelion wasn't the classic it's regarded as now. What if it was condensed to two episodes? What if it was made by a studio who's strong point is slice of life anime? What if it had extremely obnoxious voices for all the main characters and they were all lifeless tropes? What if the writing was terrible? What if the only thought it provoked was why you were still watching it? Well, then it would be this.

"see you all again" good god I hope not.

Sums it up well. Feels like a bad demo reel.
Jan 11, 2021 12:58 AM

Jun 2010
What a strange little OVA title. I actually thought the first episode was kinda okay. Sure the voices needed a bit of getting used to, but other than that it was a lighthearted episode of a ditzy main heroine trying to get a license for piloting a mech in some driving school like setting. It was nothing exceptional but it kinda worked.

But the second episode was a mess. It was missing a lot of context to make any sense of it. Like we never learn what's up with that "enemy" monster, is there some kind of conflict ongoing that the populace isn't aware of and why did the girl fuse with the monster, etc. Also since there was virtually no time to get to know the characters, there wasn't much impact to be had over that one girl dying (which was also pretty random).

So the second episode and with it the whole title was definitely a miss.
Aug 19, 2023 5:18 PM
Dec 2020
Damn I picked a really bad time to decide that Marie was my favourite. 
I wasn't even alive when this was made and I still feel like I jinxed it by very firmly deciding I liked her at the end of ep1. and then of course she's the only casualty of the entire series.... I really thought Hikari was going to be able to rescue her through the power of yuri at the end but no, she just disappered into a white void and blew up.
Ah well at least this is an example of a series crying out for fanfic if ever there was one.
RIP Marie Vlaanderen

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chou Kidou Densetsu DinaGiga Episode 1 Discussion

Outlaw80 - Sep 4, 2010

0 by Outlaw80 »»
Sep 4, 2010 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.