Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Eve no Jikan (movie) Episode 1 Discussion

Feb 11, 2017 4:42 AM
Anisamar said:
I’d always thought the girl on the newspaper wasn’t her since that girl’s eye color looks more like Sammy’s: grey instead of Nagi’s emerald ones. But there’s no doubt it has to be Nagi.

… And, maybe Sammy’s code:Eve AI was transplanted from the robot Nagi had with her when the radicals attacked…? Just writing random thoughts that make no sense, that’s it.

^ This. I actually thought the girl in the newspaper looked more like Sammy than Nagi, though I suppose it doesn't make much sense that it is Sammy and thus it would have to be Nagi.

At any rate, this movie was amazing and I loved all of the characters and their interactions with each other. I absolutely enjoyed the Time of EVE!

Aug 13, 2017 5:23 PM

This movie was good :) I enjoyed it. Its atmosphere was quite mellow. Wonder if there's gonna be another movie since the storyline is still incomplete.

Didn't know this was an anime series; that's what ppl are saying :0 I'll have to look into it.

7/10

Sep 12, 2017 9:58 AM

Ehh, this felt too disjointed at times. Ended up not paying as much attention as I wanted to. It was nice though

Oct 2, 2017 3:07 AM

This really needs a continuation. But ye Nagi is my overall fav so glad to have more info on her. The original had this really nice scene with Sammy which was also really nice. I like both main girls+Akiko. Everyone is more or less likable tho.

Oct 13, 2017 3:22 AM

This sucked for me and i was fuming every minute of it, i hope to never see it again. I dont enjoy machines imitating human emotions, i believe they are lies. I cant relate to androids trying to be human or any emotions related to them i find them boring and vain. So excuse me machine fans i wasnt feeling this one 4/10. Machines are machines nothing more
"You know the rules, kill them all and keep moving "--- Lil Wayne- John

Oct 22, 2017 3:18 AM

This was pretty good,
There are still some scenes I couldn't understand.
What's with the white hair girl/man beating Sammy with rod thing?
It's been 7 years but I still hope for a sequel.
Were there some scenes removed from the film?

Dec 25, 2017 8:51 AM

As someone who watched the ona and I enjoyed it, the movie was not as great as its original.

Some new scenes were added, some weren't included. It was sad that they removed some scenes (they were nice) and the ones that were added weren't really that great, especially the ending.
I liked how in original ending the MC's sister would thank Sammy for help with shopping and gave her hair ornament, it was like she accepted her which was really nice after seeing how she behaved before but they removed it... adding ending I felt no connection with.

Another thing that I missed was the cafe intro, you would hear it in every ep and besides of it being really great it actually had some impact - in Katoran ep you would hear the intro that would be stopped and replaced by Kotoran's intro music, these pieces had different tones and it was just awesome how they put them together creating some kind shock effect (can't really name it better) but in this movie it just wasn't here and so Kotoran's entrance wasn't impressive at all. It was boring.
Modified by Hakaminah, Apr 27, 2018 11:33 AM
xShinigami3125 said:
There is no objectivity when it comes to taste.
code said:
big brain MALers: 1
god: 0
I'm sure god feels stupid.

Oct 25, 2018 7:34 AM
</overrated>

I had watched the ONA before the movie and glad for that. This is the only version I'd even recommend for people. And immensely more cohesive story and even though it was only small bits and pieces added it makes a world of difference.

I still think some story elements are lacking and could use a definitve sequel and do well because of it but overall a great time, I just wanted more of this small window of the world we got to see.

Nov 20, 2018 6:05 AM

Before Masakazu take TEX back home from the cafe, nobody find it weird that Sammy has tear ducts and cried even though she's an android(dramatic effect much)?

Jan 6, 1:38 PM

S-Word said:
The lawyer kid should have been the protagonist.

Sami and the glasses kid didn't do anything, and I don't feel like glasses kid learned anything.

This. Promising potential and premise that ended in a flop.

This feels incomplete. It's been 8 years and there have been no sequels wtf.

7/10

Mar 28, 4:35 AM

It was a pretty slow burner where the awkwardness of the two humans is immeasurable as they struggle to look past their ignorance towards how androids can act and feel things just like how a human could but it was a really rewarding experience to watch them gradually warm up and get to know the regulars of the Time of Eve regardless of whether they are humans or androids.

Everyone in the cafe had a touching story to tell but that illegally abandoned robot and Tex's dilemma hit me the most. The least human looking ones always do seem to have a heart of gold... I really hope that Nagi and the cafe will stay safe despite the dangers the Ethics Committee pose right now. I really liked Kalafina's song and how they showed Nagi's story with Tsukioka at the credits.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]