Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 4, 2010 4:09 AM

Jul 2009
Most fans of the first season dislike the second one. Perhaps it is because of the introduction of the new characters, the direction of the story, the fanservice (though I doubt this one) etc. As for me, who is hardly an avid fan of the first season I actually enjoy and prefer this one. But it seems I'm like the only one.

Why do I like this season better? Okay, I'll be honest. I like the new kid, Alois. As opposed to Ciel, I could just feel vibrant personality from him, that quite frankly, is more interesting to me than Ciel's. Claude, Alois' butler whom is hated by many fans is also quite a character to me. True, he lacks charisma and personality, but his plotting and scheming is proving to make for a better story/plot than the first season.

Which brings me to the story itself. I'm assuming a lot of the fans of the first season had watched it on a weekly basis, and thus as a new episode had been released every week for the first season, people would forget about lingering questions from the previous episode. Granted, this season has numerous plot holes (some of which may or may not be answered within the next few episodes) but the first season suffered from poor writing too. And too be honest, utterly ridiculous writing at that.

Also, the fact that the show is a lot darker and vulgar than the first season is a definite +1 for me. The first season did have a gloomy atmosphere and darkness to it, but is ruined by idiocy and "comedic value" from the less than lovable Phantomhive servants (the maid, cook and gardner). I appreciate how this season is staying to true to its supposed nature and not merely trying to get in a few laughs.

But it also does bring in laughs. Not staged comedy, but rather the unintentional comedy it unknowingly presents. I mean, who DIDN'T laugh when Claude orgasmed over Ciel's blood?

So what is it about this season that is so bad compared to the first? Do you prefer this or the last, or like them both equally? To me, it just seems like fandom of the original characters is getting in the way of people's enjoyment.
-Naami-Sep 4, 2010 5:40 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 4, 2010 4:36 AM

Jan 2010
Yammin said:
Most fans of the first season dislike the second one. Perhaps it is because of the introduction of the new characters, the direction of the story, the fanservice (though I doubt this one) etc. As for me, who is hardly a avid fan of the first season I actually enjoy and prefer this one. But it seems I'm like the only one.

Why do I like this season better? Okay, I'll be honest. I like the new kid, Alois. As opposed to Ciel, I could just feel vibrant personality from him, that quite frankly, is more interesting to me than Ciel's. Claude, Alois' butler whom is hated by many fans is also quite a character to me. True, he lacks charisma and personality, but his plotting and scheming is proving to make for a better story/plot than the first season.

Which brings me to the story itself. I'm assuming a lot of the fans of the first season had watched it on a weekly basis, and thus as a new episode had been released every week for the first season, people would forget about lingering questions from the previous episode. Granted, this season has numerous plot holes (some of which may or may not be answered within the next few episodes) but the first season suffered from poor writing too. And too be honest, utterly ridiculous writing at that.

Also, the fact that the show is a lot darker and vulgar than the first season is a definite +1 for me. The first season did have a gloomy atmosphere and darkness to it, but is ruined by idiocy and "comedic value" from the less than lovable Phantomhive servants (the maid, cook and gardner). I appreciate how this season is staying to true to its supposed nature and not merely trying to get in a few laughs.

But it also does bring in laughs. Not staged comedy, but rather the unintentional comedy it unknowingly presents. I mean, who DIDN'T laugh when Claude orgasmed over Ciel's blood?

So what is it about this season that is so bad compared to the first? Do you prefer this or the last, or like them both equally? To me, it just seems like fandom of the original characters is getting in the way of people's enjoyment.

your absoutely right, me and my friend were just saying that the other day
the second season just a lot more interesting and funny
Sep 4, 2010 5:03 AM

May 2007
Yammin said:

That's exactly why I also prefer this second season, and by far. The animation is also a lot better.
The first season has such poor and bad writting and some useless characters (like Pluto)... >_>
Sep 4, 2010 5:07 AM

Nov 2008
Yes, it's so outrageous it's actually good.
EDIT: Wait I mean, no, it has managed to surpass the first one, much too my surprise.
Sep 4, 2010 1:28 PM

Feb 2009
Well I am enjoying the second season even though they killed Alois which I really to like contrarily to Ciel who had annoyed to no end in the first season. As for Claude well I hate him as much as I hate Sebastian. Why? Well I am not used to demons who have ulterior motive like this. Using hurt little boys heighten their hatred help them do evil so they can eat them later.
Sep 4, 2010 3:04 PM

Jun 2009
i kike the second season more even soo i hate the fact that their should be only 13 eps andstarts too really driving me crazy still
i looknig forward too every episode and am i lil confused somehow how the story continues

its more action and great fights in their + the second one have claude witch i really love the most
Sep 4, 2010 3:27 PM

Feb 2010
Eh, this entire season feels like a fanfiction to me. Which is both good and bad. Good because there's a good story even if it is slightly insane, but bad because of the fanservice.

Oh yeah, and Alois is a huge plus.
Sep 4, 2010 3:29 PM

Sep 2008
I like this season a tiny bit less than the first.
Hannah is the best addition to the series since it gives non-yaoi/shota fans something.
However, I am still waiting for Sebastian to sex some girl up to make it instantly better than the first by a long shot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2010 3:43 PM
Aug 2010
At this point, I feel like I can't even make a comparison between the two seasons. It's like watching two completely different series.
I rewatched some episodes from the first season and well, Ciel was another person, I'll never get tired of repeating this. He liked to play with toys, he liked to tease Sebastian, he occasionally smiled and laughed, and he was less moody. Now he's always angry, you can't talk to him that he either stabs you or orders you to disappear from his sight, and he doesn't have the vitality he once had.
There isn't a better season and a worse season because they're completely different, you can't compare them.
Sep 4, 2010 3:44 PM

Oct 2009
I have only watched the first three episodes so far, but even so I prefer the first season.
I never watched it for the Shounen-ai, Shouta aspects, I preferred all the supernatural and action elements. Still I will keep watching it, as you never know where it might lead.

Sep 4, 2010 4:53 PM

Sep 2009
I prefer this one..It`s more violent and I have to admit..I like alois..ALOT.
“I am Sailor Moon, the champion of justice. In the name of the moon, I will right wrong and triumph over evil… and that means you!” – Usagi Tsukino
Sep 4, 2010 5:04 PM

Nov 2008
I think that both are fantastic, but I prefer season 2's pacing. My only issue with it thus so far is that the plot feels slightly forced and the motivation of the characters is kind of hard to believe at times. Despite this, I probably love both seasons equally.despite their faults, they are both great.
Sep 4, 2010 10:46 PM

Jul 2009
Astrid_ said:
I rewatched some episodes from the first season and well, Ciel was another person, I'll never get tired of repeating this. He liked to play with toys, he liked to tease Sebastian, he occasionally smiled and laughed, and he was less moody. Now he's always angry, you can't talk to him that he either stabs you or orders you to disappear from his sight, and he doesn't have the vitality he once had.

But isn't that just because the story has taken a more serious, darker tone? Even Sebastian is flustered in this series, which is all new to us as well. And I always thought he was moody.

Sep 5, 2010 2:03 AM

Jun 2009
I prefer the first season. The only thing I like in this season is Alois. The others are just crap.

Sep 5, 2010 2:19 AM

Mar 2008
yun90 said:
I prefer the first season. The only thing I like in this season is Alois. The others are just crap.

This.
Sep 5, 2010 2:57 AM

Jan 2009
you're not the only one.. i love season 2 so much!! there's so much not annoying fanservice.. XD the mood is great too.. it really feels like the story of demons.. less boring fillers and comedies like in season 1.. and the story is really better in season 2. it is more exciting.. i'm like dead from all the tension after watching each ep week after week..

alois is really unique too.. i never really watched his type of character in anime before so it's really interesting.. as for claude, his seiyuu is the reason why i had this name so do i need to tell you how much i love his seiyuu already? *A*

and the fight is just good! we can see a lot of emotion of sebastian too..

this season is really the best! ^_____^
Sep 5, 2010 4:28 AM

Oct 2008
I have mixed opinions about season two. At times I feel that it surpasses season one and at other times I feel that it's a shitty season.
First, I have to say that the second episode of the second season was one of the most boring episodes I have ever seen in my life.
Second, I don't like the fact that Ciel was brought back to life. It's not that I hate Ciel - in fact I love him - but season one for me had a definite ending, even though it was never clearly shown that Sebastian took Ciel's soul
Third, the second season fails at explaining things so far. I am still waiting for an episode with full explanations.
Fourth, the second season has no stupid angels or dogs. And this is what it makes it a bit more interesting. We had Alois - which I really like and even though as you might know, I hate Claude on the other hand, I think the plot is what it is because of him
Fifth, the second season doesn't have animal torture so far. I was really disgusted by that arc with the dog village in season 1 - I hate animal cruelty, even in anime

But all in all, I think that if this series has a good conclusion, then I would have to up its score to a 9 or a 10 again. I downgraded it to 7 after episode 2, then I upped it to 8 after episode 5.
Sep 5, 2010 4:33 AM

Dec 2009
I enjoy both seasons equally, seeing as to how I loves season 1's comedy while season 2 comes right back 'atcha with darkness and fanservice.

code geass s2 : darker than black : free! es :
haikyuu!! : inaire : kurobas 2 : mikagura : znt
animemanga

Sep 5, 2010 9:50 AM

Jul 2009

Well this is a surprise! So far we have the second season in the lead! Where have all you likers been? I guess the displeasure has just been a lot louder on the forums than the fandom. But the scores of the anime do not lie. Currently, Kuroshitsuji stands at an average rating of 8.40 whereas Kuroshitsuji II is at 8.38. HOWEVER the show is still airing, so ratings may fluxuate by the time it has finished airing. I'm glad to at least to see that Kuroshitsuji II is not being annihilated in the poll, which was what I had predicted to happen.
-Naami-Sep 5, 2010 9:53 AM

Sep 5, 2010 11:13 AM

Dec 2009
i like the second better cause is the hole trancy household ~~333333
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2010 9:29 PM

Oct 2008
Second Season. Alois Trancy. 'Nuff said.
Sep 5, 2010 9:38 PM

Apr 2009
I really like this season too. I love the twists and turns even though it's not going he way I want it too. I don't like Claude, I love Alois, Hannah annoys me, and I will love Sebastain and Ciel forever and ever. The only problem is me, because I get attached to characters and don't like when bad things happen to them, ya know? But it's very good. I'm impressed. I'm more of a manga fan to be honest. I love both seasons.
Sep 5, 2010 10:08 PM

Jan 2010
I agree with you for sure.

I mean, the second season takes everything good and bad about Kuroshitsuji and just ups it to the complete extreme. It's so amusing to watch, and there are so many ridiculous plot twists this season! Double the butlers/masters = double the fun.

The first season just felt like a lot of fillers to me, hence why I ended up giving it a low score. However, this season it seems like the plot is going to take us somewhere - I just hope it goes somewhere good.

So yes, I do prefer this season, it's actually got a plot plus it's damn entertaining.
Sep 6, 2010 3:25 AM

May 2010
I much prefer the first season. not a fan of the Trancy plot
Sep 6, 2010 5:24 AM

Feb 2009
I ACTUALLY prefer the second season. Over the past few weeks I've felt many feelings of hate, sympathy, and fangasm that I didn't feel while watching the first season..which to me is a sign of me really engaging myself into the series, more so that the first. Although don't get me wrong I love the first season but just in a different way.
Sep 6, 2010 8:09 AM

Feb 2010
I like the second season because Alois is in it..but the whole plot
kind of messes up my head. Anyway, I can't give a definite statement until this season ends..then I"ll say which one I would prefer.
Sep 6, 2010 9:46 AM

Oct 2009
Darkgreen12 said:
I prefer this one..It`s more violent and I have to admit..I like alois..ALOT.

I also have to keep reminding myself that Alois is voiced by Mizuki Nana. She did an amazing job...maybe her first evil role?

Couldn't stop laughing when Alois grabbed Lizzie to dance in Ep6 - it's Nanoha and Fate-chan!!
Sep 6, 2010 11:01 AM

Sep 2009
Quite like both equally :)
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Sep 6, 2010 11:39 AM

Apr 2008
I like the second season, the first one was just pure crap after it deviated from the manga. This is actually good.

But is it true there are only 13 episodes?!
Sep 6, 2010 11:46 AM

Jun 2009
ayashe said:
I like the second season, the first one was just pure crap after it deviated from the manga. This is actually good.

thats at least was wikipedia says lets hope it lasts longer
Sep 6, 2010 12:01 PM

Apr 2008
Wikipedia, if ever there was a time to be wrong IT IS NOW. *tears*

ANN says 12.

Edit: It's true, there are only 12 episodes. 13 is the OVA.

Curse you A-1 Pictures! You make us wait months and months, toy with us about the new butler/charge, and then you short-change us on the episodes?!
lostintokyoSep 6, 2010 12:09 PM
Sep 6, 2010 12:16 PM

Jan 2010
Kannei said:
ayashe said:

thats at least was wikipedia says lets hope it lasts longer

however if you think about it, they would have to draw out whats going to happen shortly if they were to have more eps i mean that would be dissapointing
Sep 6, 2010 12:21 PM

Apr 2008
No, they could have just made more to it. It's also disappointing to have a too short season that you've been waiting a long time for, especially if you've been expecting a certain number of episodes. There hasn't been an episode number listed here, so I didn't know how many episodes to expect. At least I had been preparing myself for the end of Mitsudomoe (thankfully there'll be a 2nd), but I didn't get that with Kuroshitsuji. I just found out at episode 10 that there'll only be two more. It's a very big shock, and very disappointing.
Sep 6, 2010 2:55 PM

Feb 2010
hmmmm only 13 episodes........Kuroshitsuji III anyone?
Sep 6, 2010 3:26 PM

Apr 2008
I really hope so, but I won't hold my breath. I still can't believe they took so long to get us Kuroshitsuji II and it's over in 12 episodes.
lostintokyoSep 6, 2010 3:29 PM
Sep 6, 2010 3:44 PM

Feb 2010
Is there going to be 12 or 13 episodes? I'm a little surprised that it's such a short season. While it's not likely, Kuroshitsuji is popular enough that they could make a season 3. Maybe to animate the Circus Arc? I guess it kinda depends on how S2 ends.
Sep 6, 2010 5:05 PM

Feb 2010
synaesthesia said:

If they make a Kuroshitsuji III my brain will explode, I swear it will.
Sep 6, 2010 11:17 PM

Nov 2008
EarlCiel said:
synaesthesia said:

Somebody told me that this season only have 13 episodes announced so far, but that there might be more. Can anybody confirm or deny this?
Sep 7, 2010 6:52 AM

Jun 2009
EarlCiel said:
synaesthesia said:

xD well if they do a thired season too why the heck wont the keep the second one longer onair that would be riculous
Sep 7, 2010 7:16 AM

Jun 2008
I like both season o.o
nuff said for my part XD!
I ship things I want! Why? Because it's fun!
I post retarded shit at times, sorry-- my dumbness might infect you!Please be cautious of me!
I don't come with a security label!

My anime list hasn't been updated for a really long time, so it's not accurate!

Sep 9, 2010 2:09 AM

Jun 2009
synaesthesia said:
If they make a third season, I hope they follow the manga. Please...no more original plot/story twists whatever.

Sep 9, 2010 10:10 AM

Aug 2009
I like both very much.
But the death of Alois ruins the second season...
Sep 9, 2010 11:38 AM

Jun 2009
i love the second one the only thing i hate is the number of eps
too less for my taste why cant their be at least as much as the first on got
thast cheating
Sep 9, 2010 12:24 PM

Apr 2008
Surprisingly enough, I like the second season more than the first. The first season feels like one big filler compared to the second one, since it starts off with the actual manga's plot that goes off to introduce some villain I can care less about.

With the second season, there's more of a constructive narrative, and since this narrative is original, there's less room to put fillers in. The only filler of the series (episode 2) was there to re-introduce some of the characters from season two. That's the only time I'll really forgive a series like this for using a filler.
Sep 9, 2010 1:18 PM

Apr 2008
to me the second season is like a badly written fanfic especially when compared with the manga
Sep 9, 2010 1:55 PM

Feb 2010
I can officially say that the second season is just a mind twist.
I like the human characters, and the second season is just a game between demons..
fighting for the humans (WHICH I LIKE) souls.

It's kind of annoying to me (but I will give a more in depth opinion...in the end
Sep 10, 2010 10:15 AM

Jun 2009
honesly this season drives everyone crazy
i feel like my heart gets riped out and that every week still im looked forward too every ep
i juist hate the fact that next week at this time its all over
kinda sucks:( honto ni
Sep 10, 2010 11:28 AM

Apr 2009
Both seasons are good. My only issue is Ciel seems to be a little bit OOC in the second season which is hard for me to ignore.

The fanservice levels are over 9000, but... I guess they have to fill up the time with something xD

I was under the impression it would be the same amount of episodes as first season, but I'm sad to know that isn't the case :(
Sep 10, 2010 11:30 AM

Feb 2008
I just want more Sebastian <3
Sep 10, 2010 2:44 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, I've only been gone a few days but the votes and discussion has had a semi big bang!

I've been reading through everyone's input and it's interesting to hear how some people are actually calling the first one filler and not the second! Well maybe not interesting since I pretty much thought that was a given, but I guess more of a relief that people aren't taking out their pitch-forks and being hypocrites by deeming Kuro II filler and Kuro I supposedly not.

Now to pick on a few...

EarlCiel said:
synaesthesia said:

5 points for making me chuckle! Though the way things are going now, I have absolutely no idea how things will turn out.

Darklight0303 said:
to me the second season is like a badly written fanfic especially when compared with the manga

How so? To me, the manga really does feel a bit more shounen than the anime; most notably for the "arcs" it has, but no real direction or story. In other words, there is no concrete storyline to compare it to, since we are just given the PREMISE of the story but no follow up to it (so far). As far as I'm concerned, most "badly written fanfics" consist of fangirl fantasies of gay rape, and though it may come close, Kuro II definitely does not have enough of that for it to be considered as a "bad fanfic". At least it HAS a story.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shadowsword - Aug 19, 2010

1505 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LadyTalion - Aug 5, 2010

208 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LadyTalion - Jul 22, 2010

200 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Yesterday, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pheefa - Jul 15, 2010

199 by iggggi »»
Apr 20, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veain - Sep 16, 2010

849 by Elyshion »»
Mar 30, 3:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.