Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sep 6, 2010 7:36 AM
people have "bad taste" for me = people taste like broccoli or something

XDD

Sep 6, 2010 8:09 AM

yea this show just getting dumber as we go on

Sep 6, 2010 8:41 AM

I loved the first 3 episodes of HOTD (especially the first one ) and rated it 9/10 and wasnt 10 because of the fanservice which then i thought was kinda over the top and oh boy i was so wrong.

Then we had a semi filler episode and the show started going downhill after it and the fanservice just went from little bit overboard to ridiculus with the random boobgrabs to fcking matrix boobs and and what not else.

I rated the rest with a 5/10 so it gets 7/10 overall for now. I thought the manga could be better like most of the anime/manga adaptation but i was disapionted which is basicly the same.

Sep 6, 2010 10:28 AM
#209 is to mch for highscholl of the dead there is lots of anime better den dat shit

its just a normal anime it isnt smothing big

7/10 its wast it deserves

shiki is much better den dis

Sep 6, 2010 10:38 AM

supersayen said:
realized what bad tastes most people have on here.

wtf is a "bad taste" ?

ROLFFFF

Not knowing what bad taste means.. awesome..
MorningGlory said:
definition of "bad taste" in MAL

"I know Anime better than you"
definition of "good taste" in MAL
"You know Anime better than me"

.....this word are no different than overrated or underrated.... another boring argument.
Actually there is nothing better to argue in HoTD, since the argument seems to be repetitive anyway.

Equally as funny... It wasnt boring enough for you to not join in eh?

Here is your non-troll definition:

Main Entry: bad taste
Part of Speech: n
Definition: poor judgment, esp. as to what is appropriate, fashionable, pleasing, etc.
Example: She has very bad taste in men.
Etymology: 1696

Man.. I'll be glad when this series is over.

Sep 6, 2010 10:44 AM

Nothing special or outstanding is really happening at the moment in High School of the Dead. The most important and outstanding things, also called story and progression, took action in the first few episodes. Now it has just been lame and uninteresting.

Sep 6, 2010 10:53 AM

In other news, I'm waiting for the day Inazuma drawing his own doujin of HSOD (wait, would this even be called a doujin if the guy same who drew the manga in the first place?). Or HOTD, or whatever the hell the acronym for highschool of the dead should be.

Though I don't actually like most of his doujins/h-mangas. Ain't my type of style.

Sep 6, 2010 11:31 AM

Troll accounts got deleted... my kind of explanation.

Sep 6, 2010 12:08 PM

I gave this series a 9/10 when it first started but now its just to fanservicey that my rating went down to a 6/10. There has just been lots of parts that were so lame and stupid, it made me laugh. Like the matrix boobs and the bath scene.

Where is my awesome Left 4 Dead/Dead Rising zombie fighting?! I watch this series for that reason not retarted over the top fanservice. *goes off to play Left 4 Dead*

Note: Someone should make a AMV of the High School of the Dead opening with Left 4 Dead or Dead Rising sequences. It would be more awesome than the way this show is going atm.
How to Watch Naruto Without Fille (Complete)r: http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Find me on Final Fantasy XIV! IGN: Zaiga Heart (Aether Data Center - Siren Server)

Sep 6, 2010 1:17 PM

Yuki_Giou said:
I consider HOTD one of the most overrated anime for this season.
Why? I saw people giving reviews for it from the very first episode and throwing a 10 away.
I have to admit, the first episodes were good. Less fanservice, more zombie action and more mystery considering the source of the disease. Now, the anime seems to center merely on stupid fanservice scenes.

The bath scene with Rei & Shizuka was utterly ridiculous, same goes with bullets dodging boobs of Saeko. Not to mention episode 9, where Saeko is apparently wet when she is killing zombies.

Maybe HOTD would be better as a hentai.

I agree.

I'm mostly watching this show because I thought it would mostly rely on action and zombie-killing but boy, later in the series (more notably Episode 4, 6, and partially 9), it tends to get a lot worse. The fanservice scenes are somewhat too exaggerated though... Not only that, it's also overrated (yes, the 1st episode was great, but...).

I haven't given it a rating, but right now, I'd give it a 7/10.

Sep 6, 2010 1:31 PM

better that way,,manga version way better than animation series...
untill now i gave this anime 8, but I gave 7 after watch 10th ep,,

Sep 6, 2010 1:43 PM

meh, just another shitty ecchi/harem show. Just this time there are zombies. 6/10 and going down. Just watching it for the lulz of how bad it is at times. "Im wet". really? jesus fucking christ.

Sep 6, 2010 2:21 PM
today, I really surprire when see this animes > 8. Ecchi, harem, normal character suddenly get supernatural ? it is too ridiculous

Sep 6, 2010 3:02 PM

Why? because the mass majority of people are intellectually challenged, beyond SIMPLY EASILY manipulated and influenced, and are just internet attention wanting ignored children. As something gets more popular, liked, and viewed, it gains more haters, trolls, children, etc as it goes along. And also very funny how 95% or more of them will probably watch it till it finishes. I really don't get the massive hate this has. It's so damn funny to see people whine about there being too much boob bouncing, panties, and all this crying when all you have to do is move your mouse over the close button of your browser and gtfo. Oh, and it gets even better. Dumbasses on this site can't wrap their head around that this is just an adaptation of a manga... Jesus Christ. MAL is probably 70% immature adolescents with too much time laying around.

Sep 6, 2010 3:57 PM

d4n13lr0x said:
Why? because the mass majority of people are intellectually challenged, beyond SIMPLY EASILY manipulated and influenced, and are just internet attention wanting ignored children. As something gets more popular, liked, and viewed, it gains more haters, trolls, children, etc as it goes along. And also very funny how 95% or more of them will probably watch it till it finishes. I really don't get the massive hate this has. It's so damn funny to see people whine about there being too much boob bouncing, panties, and all this crying when all you have to do is move your mouse over the close button of your browser and gtfo. Oh, and it gets even better. Dumbasses on this site can't wrap their head around that this is just an adaptation of a manga... Jesus Christ. MAL is probably 70% immature adolescents with too much time laying around.

The most comment I ever agreed with in MAL.

Sep 6, 2010 4:01 PM

you also must recognize the fact that 90% here never said they hated the zombie aspect.

infact im watching it just for the zombies. the ecchi overdone stuff is just a downside.

but ill watch ANYTHING with zombies. no matter how bad the rest of it is. i agree with the children wanting internet attention though :P hahaha
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 6, 2010 4:06 PM

Fanservice is .....way too much ....

Sep 6, 2010 5:13 PM

BlackSnake56 said:

So that automatically disqualifies it from being good???

That's the biggest problem with MAL, theres too many people who get caught up on ecchi and fanservice as being a negative for an anime.

There are plenty of good anime/manga that have a lot of ecchi scenes, I believe HOTD is one of those, so what if they like to show tits, this is supposed to be entertainment.

It's hilarious how one thousand idiots will bitch about "too much tits", and yet they secretly crave it and want more and more fanservice.

Guess what guys, if production studios weren't selling so many DVDs (mostly due to fanservice), they wouldn't do so many anime that are ecchi.

SEX SELLS, END OF DISCUSSION

Sep 6, 2010 5:22 PM

alexcampos said:
BlackSnake56 said:

So that automatically disqualifies it from being good???

That's the biggest problem with MAL, theres too many people who get caught up on ecchi and fanservice as being a negative for an anime.

There are plenty of good anime/manga that have a lot of ecchi scenes, I believe HOTD is one of those, so what if they like to show tits, this is supposed to be entertainment.

It's hilarious how one thousand idiots will bitch about "too much tits", and yet they secretly crave it and want more and more fanservice.

Guess what guys, if production studios weren't selling so many DVDs (mostly due to fanservice), they wouldn't do so many anime that are ecchi.

SEX SELLS, END OF DISCUSSION

You just claimed we secretly crave it? lol

i dont secretly crave it and i have no idea what qualifies that answer :P if i WANTED to see it all i would say i did. i have watched ecchi series before and i will attest that then yeah sure it fit with it and worked. here its just overdone almost to the point that its funny - if thats what they were aiming for then thats what it was lol but we can also complain about it all we want saying "it would be better if it wasnt there" that is OUR opinion you have no way of saying "what we secretly crave"

i live in america. i know just how much sex can sell something lol. ;)

EDIT: i also would like to say that im still going to be watching the series all the way though. I love zombies. I would watch a reality tv show if it had zombies (i hate reality tv...)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 6, 2010 6:33 PM

lol it have become 214, just because the 10th episode. That's pathetic.

Sep 6, 2010 6:34 PM

anime_n00b said:
realized what bad tastes most people have on here.

*gasp!*

It's... it's almost like you formed an... an OPINION! Shocking!!

Sep 6, 2010 7:35 PM
no it's a FACT that people who like HOTD have bad taste, by definition of course, cuz it's very bad and inappropriate to like bouncing boobs and mindless zombie killing :)

Sep 6, 2010 8:52 PM

Red-Liquid said:

Hidamari Sketch is 208,

Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori is 206,

Lucky ☆ Star OVA which has no plot is about NOTHING is 197,

Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 2: The Sealed Card is 181,

I could go on mentioning anime which are ranked higher than HOTD, but ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT better than HOTD.

DUDE, I understand your frustrations, but there is nothing that can be done about this, I don't like it either but in the end MAL is a place where rankings and ratings MEAN NOTHING, they are not good at all and everyone here just goes into an endless debate about what's "good and bad", "masterpiece and shit" , what should be a "10", and so on.

I have learned to not give any importance nor attention to the rankings of MAL.

Sep 7, 2010 1:40 AM

alexcampos said:
Red-Liquid said:

Lucky ☆ Star OVA which has no plot is about NOTHING is 197

Hey, at least the Lucky Star OVA has comedy and references that not everyone gets, it's better than a horrible plot.

Sep 7, 2010 2:55 AM

Kingwel said:
alexcampos said:
Red-Liquid said:

Hey, at least the Lucky Star OVA has comedy and references that not everyone gets, it's better than a horrible plot.

I didn't know HOTD have plot ^^

Sep 7, 2010 3:54 AM

I sometimes wonder if you guys even know what the author of HSOTD did before this aired - and still does. He is an HENTAI ARTIST, of course it's full of fanservice, borderline ecchi scenes and all the other stuff you complain. It's Inazuma ffs. But the animation is good, the story for the most part faithful to the manga and I personally love the voice actors.

Don't watch it if you find it bad, this isn't a 400+ chapter manga where you have invested so much time in it that you wouldn't stop because of it, it's only 12 episodes.

So guys, think before you announce in public that you are morons because you miss the PLOT in a ZOMBIE SERIES by an HENTAI ARTIST. Jesus.

And btw, ratings are just ratings. And given the fact that most people have different tastes and are often ignorant idiots, they should mean nothing to you anyway.
Modified by Nidhoeggr, Sep 7, 2010 3:58 AM
Stone Ocean adaption when?

Sep 7, 2010 4:58 AM
No, the story is not from a HENTAI ARTIST. It's just the guy who is drawing the characters.

Sep 7, 2010 5:09 AM

Red-Liquid said:
Kingwel said:
alexcampos said:
Red-Liquid said:

I didn't know HOTD have plot ^^

If I said the truth it would make more fanboys mad. ^^

Sep 7, 2010 5:58 AM

@Nidhoeggr
The story is not from Hentai mangaka, thats why it's not Hentai, the Hentai mangaka is the one who draw it. Look: Satou, Daisuke (Story), Satou, Shouji (Art)

@Kingwel
dude you give HOTD a 4 and you still watching it? wtf?

Sep 7, 2010 6:21 AM

Red-Liquid said:

@Kingwel

I don't understand people who do that neither, I personally will NOT watch anything if I have rated it lower than a 5, but I've had many debates with other people asking this very question.

WHY does anyone continue to watch a show when they clearly DON'T LIKE IT???

It's like if I were to watch TWILIGHT or hear JUSTIN BIEBER songs, it doesn't make sense, if you don't like it you don't watch or hear it.

My final thought on this is that these people are Masochistic in nature and enjoy tormenting themselves by watching anime they clearly don't like.

Sep 7, 2010 6:51 AM

d4n13lr0x said:

Or maybe it's because the show is being dumbed down with fan service and is losing it's original point of interest. People jumped on the show because the idea of a post apocalyptic zombie infested anime world is pretty much every nerd's wet dream. As the show went on it became increasingly less Dawn of the Dead and more of a panty fest/harem drama. I can't see how this would be a bad reason to like a show less.

and im sorry, but not everybody reads the manga before watching the anime. A majority of HotD viewers (myself included) probably had no idea a manga even existed and started the anime series with high expectations. I don't think people here are complaining as much about the sex itself as much as they take issue with the sex completely taking over the show.
Modified by Nanalilly, Sep 7, 2010 8:44 AM

Sep 7, 2010 7:40 AM
Because watching it gives the hate some credibility?

No, seriously, I don't get why people don't get the difference between hating, simply saying out loud what you don't like about a certain something and criticizing.
Everyone who points out some flaws of this (or any other) show is immediately considered a hater which is just ridiculous. Not everyone lives in a pure and flowery world where we only talk about everything GOOD and beautiful and ignore every other aspect of animes (or even life). This doesn't mean we don't still enjoy the show to some degree and YOU are certainly noone to tell ANYONE that they should stop watching something. Even not considering the fanservice (because it was there from the beginning, no reason to complain about it NOW) in my opinion the show developed in an unfortunate direction imo (as stated 2 pages ago) during the second half. However some aspects are still as enjoyable es ever (zombie slaughter, Fanservice, Kouta), while the overall rating went down, because it did not fulfill all the expectations I had for it in the beginning.

Sadly most fanboys will consider me a hater even after that explanation, because deep inside they know their biased opinion is irrational and they are in search for an irrational counterpart - The Hater - and not in search for normal people who just rationally observe and form an opinion that is neither fanboyish or Hater.

Listen, everybody wants change, don't nobody want to change though
don't nobody want to pray, till they got something to pray for
now everybody's gonna die, but don't everybody live though

Sep 7, 2010 7:55 AM

last 2 posts get a +10

Nanalilly said:
People jumped on the show because the idea of a post apocalyptic zombie infested anime world is pretty much every nerd's wet dream.

especially this bit of truth.

Sep 7, 2010 8:21 AM
To me the series has gotten way better from the first few episodes. After episodes 1 and 2 I was ready to drop the series because I hated how the anime made the characters annoying as fuck ( I have been reading the manga since last year). Then the next few episodes came around and made everything like ten times better. Now I actually look forward to new episodes, which, if you knew me, is a very rare thing indeed. But yeah, people are obviously just being idiots. The anime has actually gotten watchable now.

Sep 7, 2010 1:12 PM

Red-Liquid said:
@Nidhoeggr
The story is not from Hentai mangaka, thats why it's not Hentai, the Hentai mangaka is the one who draw it. Look: Satou, Daisuke (Story), Satou, Shouji (Art)

@Kingwel

supersayen said:
No, the story is not from a HENTAI ARTIST. It's just the guy who is drawing the characters.

Yes, I'm sure when someone asks a hentai artist to draw for him, that he is interested in a psychological story about the history of the Edo period while simulteiniously aiming for a correct depiction of the underlying philosophy this era embodies.

Sep 7, 2010 2:05 PM

Nidhoeggr said:
Yes, I'm sure when someone asks a hentai artist to draw for him, that he is interested in a psychological story about the history of the Edo period while simulteiniously aiming for a correct depiction of the underlying philosophy this era embodies.
Okay I chuckled a bit.

But you do know that hentai artists tend to have higher quality, right?

Sep 7, 2010 2:27 PM

Zahlzeit said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Okay I chuckled a bit.

that sir is quite biased.

Sep 7, 2010 2:28 PM
What are you talking about, HOTD is very philosophical you just can't see the message behind the story...

me neither but I'm still searching :)

Sep 7, 2010 8:26 PM

i have no idea.. the anime keeps getting better every ep >.>

Sep 8, 2010 12:39 AM

Zahlzeit said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Okay I chuckled a bit.

I just know that I love Inazuma's work.
datass.jpg

Sep 8, 2010 10:27 AM

Sorry for double post, but this is so hilarious and appropriate that I had to post it.

http://www.mangaoh.co.jp/catalog/232633/

Translation:
Highschool of the dead Secret Box

"Who cares if the world is coming to an end... we have OPPAI (Boobs)"

This box will come with:
- Busujima Saeko mousepad
- Miyamoto Rei Bitch & Cute sleeping pillow cover
- Takagi Saya Bukkake bath case

and 70 pages of anthology booklet

2010 December

Sep 8, 2010 11:59 AM
To tell the truth, when I first discovered it on MAL, it's rating was 9.33. Three people voted, then it gradually fell. I first thought it was overrated, so because it was falling I was sort of happy. Well, it's kind of what normally happens when the first episodes leave you wanting for more. It's not that the latest episodes are bad or anything, but... It's filled with fan service from almost top to bottom and where there isn't FS, there is zombie killing filling every ep.

Besides, the ones who were already waiting for the show were expecting this kind of anime and they loved it, because it fits their expectations. That is why the first ratings were so high. Call them fanatics if you want, but they were the ones who got the newsflash "The manga HOTD is going to be animated" first so...

Sep 8, 2010 12:13 PM

Nidhoeggr said:
Sorry for double post, but this is so hilarious and appropriate that I had to post it.

http://www.mangaoh.co.jp/catalog/232633/

Translation:
Highschool of the dead Secret Box

"Who cares if the world is coming to an end... we have OPPAI (Boobs)"

This box will come with:
- Busujima Saeko mousepad
- Miyamoto Rei Bitch & Cute sleeping pillow cover
- Takagi Saya Bukkake bath case

and 70 pages of anthology booklet

2010 December

Japanesse people prepare themselves for world apocalypse 2012, Hilarious
LOL :-))) I wonder how "Busujima Saeko mousepad" looks like o_O
Living after midnight, rockin' to the dawn
Lovin' 'til the morning, then I'm gone, I'm gone

Sep 8, 2010 1:35 PM
It started out with a 9/10 for me, now it's an 8/10 and I may drop it more. The story had huge potential. I don't mind ecchi, but it's getting ridiculous now. I didn't like episode 8/ 9, but that's probably because I don't like harems or love triangles. Hopefully it picks itself up =/.

Sep 8, 2010 1:48 PM
Wow, #211? That's surprisingly low for a show where the only viewers who rate it so far pretty much give it a 10/10 on the first episode. Also, look at the stats. Only 13,000 or so ratings, but with over 25,000 people watching. That thing is going to tank down so hard when it's finished airing.

BTW, I haven't seen this yet, so is it more like an ultra-ecchi version of I Am Legend, or Night of the Living Dead?
Modified by robfoster, Sep 8, 2010 1:56 PM

Sep 8, 2010 8:05 PM

nerb said:
That thing is going to tank down so hard when it's finished airing.

I don't necessarily agree with that, I think there are three types of people when they rate anime on MAL.

#1 Fanboys (They usually rate very high 9's or 10's)

#2 Haters (obviously the opposite they usually rate very low 2's and 1's)

#3 Moderates ( People who "analyze" the anime and want to give it a "fair" rating, they usually rate between 5-8)

From what I see, it doesn't surprise me that HOTD is at a 8.23, it's got a good base of fanboys and just as equal a good base of haters, and the rest are the moderates, so the rating makes sense.

BTW, I would think that I'm Half fanboy, and Half moderate, I really do enjoy HOTD and I can't think of giving this any lower than a 9, but at the same time I think it really is a legitimately good anime that has a lot of ecchi, which doesn't bother me so, this really makes sense to me.

Sep 8, 2010 9:06 PM
Watching: 25,136
voter :13,542

Nah... need to wait until at least 80% people vote to get a REAL score.
not all people are so hardworking that will vote a show before it even finish.

Sep 8, 2010 9:27 PM
alexcampos said:
nerb said:
That thing is going to tank down so hard when it's finished airing.

I don't necessarily agree with that, I think there are three types of people when they rate anime on MAL.

#1 Fanboys (They usually rate very high 9's or 10's)

#2 Haters (obviously the opposite they usually rate very low 2's and 1's)

#3 Moderates ( People who "analyze" the anime and want to give it a "fair" rating, they usually rate between 5-8)

From what I see, it doesn't surprise me that HOTD is at a 8.23, it's got a good base of fanboys and just as equal a good base of haters, and the rest are the moderates, so the rating makes sense.

BTW, I would think that I'm Half fanboy, and Half moderate, I really do enjoy HOTD and I can't think of giving this any lower than a 9, but at the same time I think it really is a legitimately good anime that has a lot of ecchi, which doesn't bother me so, this really makes sense to me.

Yeah, but if you were a fanboy, wouldn't you have rated it already? That means there are 12,000 people who aren't fanboys that have yet to rate it. That only leaves moderates and haters, and thus I stand by my statement that this thing is going to tank.

Sep 9, 2010 6:41 AM

MorningGlory said:
Watching: 25,136
voter :13,542

Nah... need to wait until at least 80% people vote to get a REAL score.
not all people are so hardworking that will vote a show before it even finish.

OK, I will now prove that MAL's rating system is not only flawed, it should be eliminated and replaced with a better one.

Let's take for example FMA Brotherhood it is currently #1 in the rankings, OR IS IT

FMA Brotherhood:

Total Memebers: 66,239
Voters: 29,577..................NOT EVEN HALF!!!

Death Note (#1 in Popularity, #15 in rankings)

Total Members: 133,475
Voters: 100,196...................A much better proportion and a more realistic actual rating than FMA or HOTD or the majority of anime.

My point is that the rating system here absolutely SUCKS, you're forced to rate from 1-10 which gives the fanboys and haters the pleasure to ruin or increase the rating or ANY anime, also you are not allowed to rate by (.5), there have been plenty of times I've wanted to give a (7.5) but can't and therefore give a 7 which is lower than I want or an 8 which is higher than I want.

Again, If you enjoy a series you DON'T need the acceptance or approval from others to fully enjoy it, I have no problems telling anyone that my favorite anime is STILL Bleach, I don't care if the rating is low, I don't care if people hate it, and I especially DON'T CARE if MAL ranks it in the 300s or 400s.

All you should care about is the enjoyment you receive from watching anime not some ranking.

If tomorrow you found out that all your favorite songs were ranked really low in some poll or list, would you stop listening to those songs???

Sep 9, 2010 7:37 AM
I have no idea how you get 29,577...... -_-"
FMA Brotherhood:
Watching: 25,390
Completed: 21,611
On-Hold: 5,446
Dropped: 2,011
Plan to Watch: 11,781 only idiot will vote before they watch .
Show All: 0
Total: 66,239 54,452
-the voter has more number than the number people who completed.
-most people won't vote when they are watching.(more than half of it won't vote in MAL,you can check all the on-going series for your reference)
-Most people in MAL doesn't vote after they drop the Anime or put on-hold ( dunno why )

conclusion:
number of Watching = 25,390 . divide by half you get 12,695.
12,695+ number of completed(21,611) = 34,306

Total member=34,306
Total voter=38,914
As you can see, there is more voter than member.Of course,to be fair you can include the on-hold and Dropped if you like. -_-"
34,306+7,457=41,763(the percentage difference is 6.82% )
The percentage of people who REALLY vote are more than 93%

plus all the voter including the hater who rate 1/10 and you will get 38,914 voter

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »