Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Aug 31, 2010 12:08 PM
Apr 2010
Personally i thought it was kinda wrong because of what takashi said at the end of the ep.
Basically straight up admitting that he said those sweet words to saeko in order to use her to survive.

That's MEAN...
He said he liked Rei and now?
Having some secret affair with saeko coz he wanna to live.
i liked Saeko and Tagashi before and after this epi especially after what tagashi did,
I HATE HIM
It's so strange that someone who's facing danger still have the intention of holding people's breast, he shud just hug her instead to convince her.
He's too much

cheater!! =(
Aug 31, 2010 12:42 PM
Oct 2008
XiaoMio said:
Personally i thought it was kinda wrong because of what takashi said at the end of the ep.
Basically straight up admitting that he said those sweet words to saeko in order to use her to survive.

That's MEAN...
He said he liked Rei and now?
Having some secret affair with saeko coz he wanna to live.
i liked Saeko and Tagashi before and after this epi especially after what tagashi did,
I HATE HIM
It's so strange that someone who's facing danger still have the intention of holding people's breast, he shud just hug her instead to convince her.
He's too much

cheater!! =(

I have said this in my previous post and I will say it again. Just because Takashi said he "accepted her darkness to survive" dosn't necessarily mean he's toying with Saeko's emotions. In a way Rei is also clinging to Takashi in order to survive as well and the main reason for that is because she trusts him. Likewise Takashi trusts Saeko the same way because when the group is in danger they know they can rely on Saeko's skills. Takashi's dependance on Saeko's skills is not a matter of him using her but rather a fact that he believes in her abilities.

It's not like Takashi is pretending to like Saeko or anything like that, his feelings in this episode were genuine not fake. It's obvious that he enjoys being around Saeko and vice versa. I don't think he ment that last line as a way to bash Saeko in any way.

As I mentioned before, I think he said that last line in the end in order to try to justify his actions of cheating on Rei because technically they seem to be together at the moment. Besides, Takashi is the type of guy who values his comerades not use them. If things get rough he would probably be the one to sacrifice himself instead of his comerades
Aug 31, 2010 1:05 PM

Aug 2009
OrochiPL said:
MorningGlory said:
OrochiPL said:
You people mistunderstand what a "yandere" is, but whatever.
after a small research....I found that many people say that she is Yadere(even the Japanese)
Well, they don't have to be right either.

This.

A yandere's someone that snaps 'cause of love. Like Shion from Higurashi and Kotonoha from School Days.
Saeko's a yangire. She snaps 'cause of other reasons, NOT love. Like Rena from Higurashi.

Wiki: ''Yangire is used to describe a character who is mentally ill and snaps instantly without showing affection for the victim of their outbursts.''
That's definitely Saeko.
Aug 31, 2010 1:31 PM

Jun 2010
Easily the best episode and my favorite girl, she is the most useful out of all of them plus come on her fight scenes are always the best. Oh well next episode theyre back together.

People are looking too much into the whole Takashi/Rei thing, they arent even together officially, at this point all the girls have established borderline crushes on him and he has shown to care for them all, so no cheating he is just doing what he feels he needs to do, whether its say a few words or squeeze a chest.

I wasnt familiar with the yangire term, but good to know. Initially yandere never ran through my mind with her.
Aug 31, 2010 1:32 PM
Nov 2009
Well, for one thing the whole scene with Saeko and Takashi.. wow i never saw that coming, I haven't read the manga yet so maybe it was obvious to those who had. Next episode looks good too
Aug 31, 2010 1:44 PM

Jul 2010
wow Takashi really knows how to kill the mood , what a selfish dick.
Aug 31, 2010 1:54 PM
Jul 2010
Saeko made this episode lovely X3
Anyone who is a fantastic gif maker please contact me! ;)
Aug 31, 2010 2:51 PM
Mar 2009
to the "im wet!" thing i have to say is, about earlier with the fountain, "Do you like getting girls wet?!" its supposed to be an implied joke,
and even if they had sex who cares? probably pretty stressful getting attacked by zombies day in and day out
look at beginning how takagi totally broke down after killing just one, saeko kill count: OVER 9000!!!!

edit: and though last line makes takashi sound like a douche, think about his amazement of saeko's rapeage he is always in like a fear when hes not the one battling so he depends on her as well as how all of them depend on each other for backup
kkmaster1337Aug 31, 2010 2:54 PM

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Aug 31, 2010 4:06 PM

Dec 2009
cool fight scene
but it the groping thing just ruined the badass mood
Aug 31, 2010 4:19 PM

Dec 2009
Takashi x Saeko... I like Saeko.She's awesome, but somehow they don't match..
Aug 31, 2010 4:21 PM

Aug 2010
About the whole "boob grab scene", I unfortunately made sense out of it...

Yelling at someone who is mentally unstable does not yield good results, especially in a zombie apocalypse. The best way to receive attention is to either cause pain or embarrassment, Takashi did both in a single action.

And according to the other subs, Takashi said he accepted everything, not just Saeko, in order to survive. Besides wouldn't you say anything to ensure your stronger companions stay alive longer to better your own safety? People shouldn't read too much into translations to a language they can't translate themselves anyways.
If they make an Akumetsu anime I will s**t bricks
Aug 31, 2010 6:07 PM

Dec 2009
Hansinkdu said:
Yelling at someone who is mentally unstable does not yield good results, especially in a zombie apocalypse. The best way to receive attention is to either cause pain or embarrassment, Takashi did both in a single action.

nah, it wasn't supposed to make sense
that's just an excuse for another random boob scene
Aug 31, 2010 6:22 PM

Sep 2009
why dont i remember some of these scenes from the manga? or did they change it to fit the 12 episode series?
Aug 31, 2010 6:49 PM

Aug 2009
Deathtonavi said:
Hansinkdu said:

nah, it wasn't supposed to make sense
that's just an excuse for another random boob scene

Actually hugging Saeko and talking over her nicely would do, but since this is HOTD, we need some boob actions.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Aug 31, 2010 6:55 PM

Jun 2008
OH WOW....

I guess this is why everyone likes Seinen over shounen huh?

I don't think they had sex though, like others have stated nothing in the manga says that they had sex, they most likely had a kiss, but I'm not so sure about sex, either way Saeko just DOUBLED her fan base and she is the clear favorite of all the girls.

Other than that another great episode. 5/5
Aug 31, 2010 6:58 PM

Feb 2010
"IM WET!!!!"
...does saeko means she is really "wet" if you know what i mean? o.o
Aug 31, 2010 7:00 PM

Feb 2010
Xanime_fanzX said:
Takashi x Saeko... I like Saeko.She's awesome, but somehow they don't match..

YOU ARE WRONG SIR
they do match after all , they belong together <3
Aug 31, 2010 7:05 PM

Feb 2010
Hansinkdu said:

Ha, I don't think if you were in shock/mentally unbalanced etc, you would take too kindly too someone grabbing your breast/testicle and squeezing hard or twisting. In those situations, you slap someone across the face. Or he could have just held her. Any of those could have grabbed her attention.

Nah, it was just an excuse for moar boob action.
Aug 31, 2010 7:14 PM

Feb 2010
novalis said:
Hansinkdu said:

Ha, I don't think if you were in shock/mentally unbalanced etc, you would take too kindly too someone grabbing your breast/testicle and squeezing hard or twisting. In those situations, you slap someone across the face. Or he could have just held her. Any of those could have grabbed her attention.

Nah, it was just an excuse for moar boob action.

oh well , the anime is ecchi after all ._.
Aug 31, 2010 7:45 PM

Jun 2008
LuciferTheAngel said:

oh well , the anime is ecchi after all ._.

The anime is ecchi because the manga is ecchi.

In fact at least the manga has actually shown NUDITY, whereas the anime has not (let's hope that changes in the DVD).

Everything the anime has shown (the main parts anyways) is all in the manga, sure the anime has shown MORE ecchi scenes, but that's just to sell more DVDs (again let's hope for uncensored scenes in the DVDs).
Aug 31, 2010 7:54 PM
Jan 2009
Saeko is my fave female character in this so it was great that she sort of had her own episode. I thought it was rather OOC for her to freeze up so randomly though I'm sure its something that could happen to people in general. Her story didn't even really match up, I figured that she had killed someone but thought it was a child and that had her freezing up but find out it was a completely different situation all together.

Anyway, so they have sex from all indications and from what I gather from the first post. Takashi indicates that it was mainly to survive so I can't tell what kind of emotional exchange there is. (not that I'm expecting some intricate love triangle to form but this is the first time in the anime that any thing's actually been done.)

To me neither of them really have any thing to feel guilty over for either situation. They both seem to have a good grasp on themselves so I don't see what is wrong with a little enjoyment. Power tends to do that, it can't be helped--it's natural.

If someone wouldn't mind, since this isn't the forum for this, please message me with info about the manga--I'm curious of the differences between the manga and anime before I try to read it. Nothing too in depth just a summary if you would. Thanks!
Aug 31, 2010 8:09 PM

Apr 2009
I do not understand that boob grabbing part.
Aug 31, 2010 8:26 PM

Jul 2008
So... did they like... did it?
:O
Aug 31, 2010 8:44 PM

Aug 2008
Komuro did it to live but I can understand his feelings in that occasion.
Aug 31, 2010 9:26 PM

Feb 2010
Saeko rules. Hands (and trousers) down haha
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Aug 31, 2010 10:40 PM

Feb 2010
wow this is the first time i've seen an anime pass digimon tamers XD
Aug 31, 2010 10:42 PM

Feb 2010
im enjoying this series but u guys hav to admit its getting kinda retarded now or more then it was before.
Aug 31, 2010 11:21 PM

Jul 2009
yea i'm guessing they did it... but maybe they didn't, like he still had to tell her he loved her after they got out and zombies were advancing on them.

**YOU KNOW...: maybe he's trying to keep her moral up so she doesn't chicken out in a fight and continues to help them survive

But to tell you the truth, this anime seem to be getting more... cheezy and romantic, and less action packed zombie killing and sexy gunz.
Sep 1, 2010 2:04 AM

Apr 2009
ofc they had sex =) well that was obvious..

awesome episode btw
Sep 1, 2010 3:34 AM

Aug 2009
stickymochi said:
I do not understand that boob grabbing part.

what's there to understand? Takashi has godly hands that can will any girl from HOTD into submission....and if they don't bow down they get:
Sep 1, 2010 4:51 AM

Jan 2008
That part with "I'm wet" was hilarious. So...she had an orgasm from being able to show her true self or what? :))

There are 2 factors that make me think they had sex:
1) They were surprised how all the zombies were coming to the shrine.Well, because of the sounds they made all night...
2) The part with "will you take responsibility?"
Sep 1, 2010 4:58 AM

Mar 2009
patlagik said:

1) They were surprised how all the zombies were coming to the shrine.Well, because of the sounds they made all night...

Yea, I was thinking the same thing lol!

Nice episode....Saeko is HAWT!!!!

Urahara Out!!
Sep 1, 2010 4:58 AM

Jan 2009
Alipio said:
So... did they like... did it?
:O

Nope.
Sep 1, 2010 5:35 AM

Jun 2008
smokes said:

awesome episode btw

According to the manga, NO they did not, according to the anime....MAYBE.

Either way, I don't think it's supposed to be a big deal, this is a Seinen anime/manga, NOT shounen.
Sep 1, 2010 6:14 AM

Jun 2009
The anime takes a (8chap detour).. 2/5

Homura's lucky hand, lame well I mean it's very awkward in the situation, but for fan service that would pawn

The finishing words of Saeko: I'm wet -wtf was this!?
ZinvySep 1, 2010 6:35 AM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 1, 2010 6:21 AM
Jun 2008
zinvince said:

The finishing words of Saeko: I'm wet -wtf was this!?

Basically she just fall in love with killing and fighting.....
Here is another way of saying,
Drowning in the sea of love,lust for violence and blood .
I think she is a hardcore type -_-"
Sep 1, 2010 6:33 AM

Sep 2010
I honestly hated this episode because Saeko is my favorite character and the fact that the anime is more comedy and lovey-dovey than the manga and that they made a strong character like Saeko all dependant on Takashi has kinda ruined the anime for me! I'm only gonna watch the anime to see how they end it now! =3
Sep 1, 2010 6:40 AM

Jan 2009
zinvince said:
Well
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 1, 2010 6:56 AM

Aug 2009
The "I'm Wet" is totally random but hilarious.

Glad to see Saeko's Sadistic and cute side because its just way to freakin' awsome.
Sep 1, 2010 7:53 AM

Aug 2010
that episode was amazing, i loved it
Sep 1, 2010 7:54 AM

Jun 2008
Lelouch101 said:
Episode 9 was awesome, Takashi and Saeko make a great couple but what he said in the end about accepting her darkness so he could survive killed the romantic mood somewhat.

But still I think Takashi does care deeply for Saeko. Even if he accepted her darkness to survive he was still able to understand her pain and I don't believe he lied when he said he said the part about admiring her despite her flaws.

Are you actually taking all that seriously? It was just an excuse so they can show you some boob crapping and crazy Saeko killing.

lalmvpkobe said:
This episode was fucking EPIC
My best guess is Saeko and Komuro had sex and looks like their together now ive been waiting the whole series for it she is sexy as hell.
Here's to hoping Rei doesn't cock block and to him actually liking saeko. ( At the end he did say that he did it in order to survive, but at the same time if saeko finds out his cock will be chopped off).

Oh and I can believe she got wet from killing that was so much win omg I love hotd!

Rei cock blocking him. O come on if a guy can dream of getting it with more than one girl even when a zombie apocalypse is everywhere with other males except him and a fat guy being zombies then when can he dream of having a nice harem?
Since the whole world is fucked up now why should they live by society rules? They might as well enjoy themselfs and do some nice orgies to pass the time since they never know when they might die.

Getting wet from killing zombies and kicking ass huh? Hmmm... that's one interesting woman.

Kbelooo said:
Komuro did it to live.

Oh yes! The sacrifices someone has to do to survive.[irony]
MonadSep 1, 2010 8:06 AM
Sep 1, 2010 8:15 AM
Jun 2007
I think I saw that boob grab scene like 5 times !!!
wow saeko is awesome!!!
I'm in love!!!
Sep 1, 2010 8:18 AM
Jun 2008
( facepalm )
Sep 1, 2010 10:00 AM

Oct 2007
I will show my support for Saeko, with this month's Playboy cover. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2010 10:49 AM

Feb 2010
alexcampos said:
smokes said:

awesome episode btw

According to the manga, NO they did not, according to the anime....MAYBE.

Either way, I don't think it's supposed to be a big deal, this is a Seinen anime/manga, NOT shounen.

we can say its also a harem anime/manga xD
right? o.o
Sep 1, 2010 11:01 AM

Dec 2009
Kracksickles said:
Zzz...

Such a boring ep >_> ..
I don't see the big deal in having fun beating someone who wanted to have fun raping her ...
Sep 1, 2010 11:02 AM

Jan 2008
i really love this anime but the last ep kinda dissappointed me...
ps.why the dont show a kiss or a make-out and excessivelly throw boobs and nudity?is a kiss that bad?
I am the bone of my sword.Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
Sep 1, 2010 12:15 PM

Aug 2007
OrochiPL said:
VillettaIchihara said:
Damn! What I wouldn't give to be in Saeko's shoes!! Lucky!!

Damn! What i wouldn't give to be in Takashi's shoes!! Lucky!!

Sep 1, 2010 12:20 PM

Feb 2010
Obby said:
OrochiPL said:
VillettaIchihara said:

Damn! What i wouldn't give to be in Shizuka's shoes!! Lucky!!
Sep 1, 2010 12:36 PM

Jan 2008
LuciferTheAngel said:
Obby said:
OrochiPL said:
VillettaIchihara said:

Damn! What i wouldn't give to be in Shizuka's shoes!! Lucky!!

Damn! What i wouldn't give to be in Shizuka's boobs!! Lucky!!
I am the bone of my sword.Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2010

276 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HawthorneKitty - Jul 25, 2010

404 by DarkXion »»
Mar 16, 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.