Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Sep 3, 2010 9:30 AM
Jul 2010
sucks that they're ruining this anime with so much fan service. It really annoys me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2010 10:16 AM
Jan 2010
Saeko mentioned that she did like someone.. But the way it was worded sounded like it wasn't Takashi.. You guys think she was talking about him the whole time?

And I think Takashi likes Saeko, which is okay in my book.. Hell, he did confess to her.
Sep 3, 2010 11:15 AM

Mar 2010
This episode was all about Saeko!! She was acting kinda weird..Really girly-like..I don't like her this way..But in the flashback scene, it was a lot like higurashi..Loved that sort of madness with the blood splashed on the walls..
Still so many questions/speculations in my head..Why was she wet??She had an orgasm while killing??Did anything actually happen between the two?Why Takashi has to take responsiility?Because he -probably-took her virginity and he has to marry her now??Or is she pregnant?Haha..And whatever Takashi did, he did it in order to survive??It sounds like Saeko raped him with the threat of her sword..Just kidding..
Anyways..I really love them as a pair..I hope they work it out..
Sep 3, 2010 1:47 PM
Jan 2010
Facts about Saeko Busujima

1) She is still a girl.
2) She is pretty kinky.
3) She gets wet from hurting/killing people/zombies.
4) She is crazy.
5) She wants Komuro’s dick like every other chick on HOTD.
6) She is a Tsundere in secert.

If you can’t understand my level of sarcasm from some of the facts… I don’t know what to say.
Sep 3, 2010 2:13 PM

Feb 2009
akromataof said:
Because he -probably-took her virginity and he has to marry her now??Or is she pregnant?

If she knows that she's pregnant already, then she has quite a gift. To know if you're pregnant overnight without any sort of test?

Crazy.
Sep 3, 2010 3:47 PM

May 2009
If they did it, which is arguable..

She most likely said that he has to protect her from the others when she "unleashes her dark and inhuman side" in front of them. He has to take responsebility for her actions when she is in her killing spree, not for .... their child.
Sep 3, 2010 9:04 PM

Nov 2008
Lelouch101 said:
MomeRath said:
draker said:
He really had to say that last line, didn't he? What a dick =/
Saeko >>>> *

We all know he has a huge hard on for rei, but i agree that line really rubbed me the wrong way.

This could just be wishful thinking but perhaps Takashi was just telling himself that he did it "to survive" is because deep inside he's confused about who he truly loves more between Saeko and Rei. Takashi did ask Saeko about her love life out of nowhere, but technically speaking he is with Rei at the moment so maybe he was just telling himself those words to try to justify his inner guilt of cheating on Rei in this episode.

Besides, in a way Rei seems using Takashi in order for her survival too since she trusts him and likewise Takashi wants Saeko to live so he can survive and the main reason for that is because he knows that Saeko is one of the most dependable people among the group, which proves he trusts her.

So my point is maybe there is more to the meaning of that last line than we all think, hopefully the upcoming episodes will show more development between Takashi and Saeko

Maybe I'm the only who noticed or maybe it was wishful thinking, but didn't Takashi seem disappointed when he first asked Saeko if there was anybody she liked and she said yes. Anyways I do hope there was more to those words then what we think, caused it just made me want to hit him. They really look like a good couple.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Sep 3, 2010 9:14 PM

Dec 2009
Kipcha said:
Why is it people assume that it's sex? I mean, Takashi is freaking obsessed with Rei right now, I find it hard to believe he would turn around and do Saeko just because she's there. A kiss can be used for comfort too, you people know. But perhaps I'm just having too much faith in the characters, I don't know.

But if they were screaming/moaning/etc all night, why would they be confused as to why there were a bunch of THEM? I mean, wouldn't you assume that's why if you saw a bunch of THEM and spent the night screwing and screaming like monkeys?

Quiet sex? She might not be a screamer.
My Nuts Jumble.
Sep 3, 2010 9:32 PM

Dec 2009
omfg, Takashi. the hell is wrong with you boy?!

This episode was so-so. Seeing Saeko being a sadist upped the respect. I used to think, "Oh. The perfect type. Here we go." But since that scene explaining how she killed that man, and how she gets wet from killing zombies... now how many girls do you hear say that?! not many. I honestly love her. She doesn't annoy the shit out of my like soon-to-be-cock-blocker Rei.

suggested 'sex scene' didn't happen IMO. I mean, hey, for some this might be true, but with the kind of position their in, I think the last thing they were thinking was, "LET'S HAVE SEX." I mean, they want to live. With as smart as Saeko is, she wouldn't consider doing that.

BUT I MISS HIRANO. GET BACK TO THEM NOW.
Sep 3, 2010 11:25 PM

Dec 2009
Episode - 5/5.
Saeko - in Favorites.
No more words.
Sep 4, 2010 2:09 AM

Aug 2009
JumblyNuts said:

if there were to be screaming or moaning between Takashi and Saeko, it'd come from Takashi. Saeko looks like the type who'd wear the pants in the relationship...
Sep 4, 2010 4:45 AM

Jun 2009
TensaiShonen said:
JumblyNuts said:

if there were to be screaming or moaning between Takashi and Saeko, it'd come from Takashi. Saeko looks like the type who'd wear the pants in the relationship...

Thank god we can see her in skirt. :D
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Sep 4, 2010 9:13 AM

Aug 2008
Did anybody else think of Revy in this episode?
Sep 4, 2010 9:55 AM

Feb 2009
spineslayer said:
Did anybody else think of Revy in this episode?

Pssh, yeah right, don't even try to compare. None of these character even hold a candle to Revy.

Not even Mr. Otaku could match her level of awesome.
Sep 4, 2010 10:09 AM

Feb 2010
Swaps4 said:

6) She is a yanadere in secert.

fix'd
Sep 4, 2010 11:02 AM

Jan 2008
I wasn't a big fan of this episode to be honest. There was too little plot development and too much character development. It left it a bit unbalanced. Also I like Saeko but now... I don't know, she's kind of... crazy. I wish they had flashed to the mansion more instead of ignoring that altogether.

And I didn't think there was enough zombies to warrant ditching the buggy. Or even escaping to the sand bar. Doesn't make much sense in my opinion.

I hope the next episode is a huge improvement. I've been getting more and more disappointed with each of the last 3 episodes.
Sep 4, 2010 11:51 AM

Apr 2009
Less action in here, but we learn that Saeko is really a bloody sadistic, not a 'perfect girl.'

That's just awesome.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Sep 4, 2010 11:59 AM

Mar 2010
Saeko is like Way awesome now

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 4, 2010 2:28 PM

Nov 2008
WOW....

so much bickering and arguing over "interpretation".
The fact is that they did NOT really show what did or did not happen that night and thus left it to the interpretation of the viewer.

I think that is precisely what the directory wanted.

But quite frankly, the group that thinks they had sex is not going to be convinced other wise by the group that thinks they didn't and vise versa.

The one thing I would argue is the "take responsibility" line.
I truly believe it is in reference to taking responsibility for releasing her sadistic need for violence. Mainly because it was right after that she went all veggie-matic on "them" with a very dark gleam in her eye.

As for who he will wind up with, read the damn manga people, Saeko makes a comment in their that will clear a hell of a lot of this up.
Sep 4, 2010 3:04 PM

Jan 2010
Perhaps they didn't have sex, but i think they just became a lot closer, because he does seem to like her so maybe he was just there to comfort her when she needed it the most.

Sep 4, 2010 6:44 PM
Apr 2010
He had a tight grip on those tities..
Thats like someone grabbing on my package..oh i would die -_-
Other than that was a pretty un interesting episode.
Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 4, 2010 7:28 PM

Mar 2010
omg it was epic!

Sep 4, 2010 7:51 PM

Aug 2010
So Saeko is a psychopath?

I mean, I read through this thread, and saw some people that say how much more they like Saeko. But would you really like a girl more if you found out that she's actually sadistic?

I don't get how people can be going crazy over her now. It's pretty annoying, actually.
FuzzyStormzSep 4, 2010 7:58 PM
Sep 4, 2010 10:29 PM

Aug 2009
i hate saeko now...so so annoyed for me
poor Saya!!:(
Sep 4, 2010 11:12 PM

Oct 2009
"Obviously, I did this in order to survive"
Yeeesss~ Awesome main character o.O

Sep 4, 2010 11:29 PM

Jul 2010
Was it necessary to do this?
Sep 4, 2010 11:40 PM

Aug 2009
FuzzyStormz said:

I mean, I read through this thread, and saw some people that say how much more they like Saeko. But would you really like a girl more if you found out that she's actually sadistic?

I don't get how people can be going crazy over her now. It's pretty annoying, actually.

my gf is sadistic...I know she is, and she knows she is....some guys are into that
Sep 4, 2010 11:57 PM

Aug 2010
FuzzyStormz said:

for her to be sadistic the zombies would have to be in pain, from how I have taken the way she has been depicted shes just a rational adrenaline junkie who knows it's an issue. Untill she inflicts pain for pure pleasure and not for survival ( possibly againt a member of the group) I'll find it hard to label her crazy or sadistic.
MomeRathSep 5, 2010 12:00 AM
Sep 5, 2010 12:36 AM

Jul 2008
ah, i know he was trying to be helpful, but groping her chest doesn't seem the best way
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 5, 2010 12:44 AM

Aug 2009
kage-bunshin said:
ah, i know he was trying to be helpful, but groping her chest doesn't seem the best way

if i could cop a feel of them breast and pass it off as helping, then I would do the same
Sep 5, 2010 3:20 AM

Oct 2009
TensaiShonen said:
kage-bunshin said:

if i could cop a feel of them breast and pass it off as helping, then I would do
the same

Yeay xD
Sep 5, 2010 3:28 AM

Sep 2008
I think this show is dragging and even though its still proven to be somewhat entertaining, I have a feeling we may get a shit ending if there's only 3 episodes left....and what's with Saeko asking for modesty so late in the game when not only long ago(like say 2 episodes back) she was just dressed in an apron???
Sep 6, 2010 5:15 AM

May 2010
Really good episode, why does there only have to be 12 D:<
Sep 6, 2010 10:46 AM
Nov 2009
Best episode yet! I think everyone's a little more attracted to Saeko now ^^

Sep 7, 2010 2:13 AM

Sep 2008
Well the anime turned in the right direction.
Sep 7, 2010 8:28 AM
Jul 2018
best episode so far, though popping her breast was a little hey hey :D
and yes they fucked. and it was glorious :D
Sep 7, 2010 9:27 AM
Jan 2010
Papa_G said:

As for who he will wind up with, read the damn manga people, Saeko makes a comment in their that will clear a hell of a lot of this up.

I thought the anime diverted from the manga?

I don't care, anyone can tell me.. Who does he end up with? Spoiler it, size 1 font, do whatever.. I just wanna know. LOL
Sep 7, 2010 11:41 AM

Sep 2010
I honestly liked the anime until this episode. It's just the fact that they implied that they had sex and then everyone jumped on the Saeko bandwagon when the people who read the manga first liked Saeko for other reasons. And the fact that the anime seems to be aimed at a more comedy/ecchi style doesn't help. Although episode 10 did save the anime a little bit for me.
OkiraSep 7, 2010 11:48 AM
Sep 8, 2010 2:10 AM

Dec 2008
honestly the boobs in this show are too saggy and flabby
It was totally stupid that Takashhi squeezed her boob like that in this situation
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2010 5:42 AM

Sep 2010
Fabienne said:
honestly the boobs in this show are too saggy and flabby
It was totally stupid that Takashhi squeezed her boob like that in this situation

Stupid? Yes,no doubt! But i think you wouldn't mind being Takashi at this moment,lol :-) But i agree,this moment just ruins romantic atmosphere...
Living after midnight, rockin' to the dawn
Lovin' 'til the morning, then I'm gone, I'm gone
Sep 8, 2010 8:00 AM

Jun 2007
It was lame as hell how drawn out the last half of episode eight was, and how Takashi and Saeko got separated from the rest, but at least it allowed for the best bit of the manga to get animated. By FAR Saeko's the best character in HotD's largely one-dimensional world of boobs and fun, and any woman who gets sexually aroused by violence is a-ok in my book.

lol @ anime onry cheating Takashi. It was made clear as day that they did the deed with the kissing being followed by it then being the morning after and Saeko needing to adjust/put on her skirt, and now all that remains to be seen is if it was just a random fan pleasing inclusion or if there's going to be some girl-on-girl follow through in the anime finale. I SO want to see Rei and Saeko get it on over their cheating/"for the purposes of survival" lead.

I haven't seen School Days, but I know how it ends, and it'd be hilarious if he gets butchered by HotD's lovely ladies before the zombies reach him. Here's hoping he adds Takagi to his 'to sex' list before the end, and also screws Rei. THERE NEEDS TO BE SOME NETORARE PUNISHMENT MIXED IN!!11!!!!
AironicallyHumanSep 8, 2010 8:04 AM
Sep 8, 2010 8:30 AM

Sep 2010
Aironic said:

Here's hoping he adds Takagi to his 'to sex' list before the end

Just one word-"NO"!!!
If THIS happens,i'll drop manga and anime immideatly.HiranoxSaya-only and forever.They'll make a great couple.Takashi already has Rei and nurse and even Saeko.And now you say Saya? Hirano will blow Takashi's head off with his shotgun.No kidding.. .
BlastoSep 8, 2010 8:33 AM
Living after midnight, rockin' to the dawn
Lovin' 'til the morning, then I'm gone, I'm gone
Sep 8, 2010 1:15 PM

Jun 2007
It isn't about which pairing would make for the ideal couple: it's about how entertaining it would be for Takashi to screw all of his harem and then have them attempt to remove his penis for revenge. I'm thinking of what's best for HotD, really, and it'd be best if there's lots of sex/death in the last two episodes.

I forgot to add this before: Takashi and Saeko had their arms wrapped around each other when they reached the mansion. I can't remember if they did when they reached the supermarket of boredom (+1 for the anime ending before that) in the manga, also?

And, for a lil' extra, here's what happened in the shrine during the dead of night, for those interested: http://g.e-hentai.org/s/885e42f7e2/267841-5
Sep 9, 2010 1:07 AM

Sep 2010
I enjoyed it.
@ Aironic WTF. I don't think anyone should have their penis removed.
I do want some sex scenes though. But I would rather see one with takagi saya though.

Sep 10, 2010 2:29 AM
Jul 2010
Did Saeko kill/murder that molester/rapist (back four years ago) or not? The different translations have it all stated (well implied) differently:

[HorribleSubs]:
Saeko: "Even if I almost killed someone?"
(implying he survived)

[gg]:
Saeko: "Do you think he would have accepted me if I had commited murder"
(implying she did murder him)

Which one is correct? Does anyone who understands Japanese know?

---

I do think they had sex, but I hate it when they make it so ambiguous as its very important for the story.

I don't know enough about the Japanese code of honor, but that could've prohibited it. The Japanese audience probably knows, but for the rest of us it's a bit too ambiguous. But, in the next scene (1) Saeko was adjusting her skirt (implying sex), (2) some unknown noise attracted a zombie audience (implying moans) and also (3) Saeko even wanted Takashi to "take responsibility" (in the event of pregnancy, I presume, implying unprotected sex).

I feel sad for Rei, but it's pretty much her own fault (she chose Hisashi and then, after his death, kept going on about him instead of trying to get over him). Anyway, in a post-apocalyptic world with five females (yes, the loli will eventually become a woman too), but only two men, I think "sharing" (polygamy) might be a good choice. I wouldn't have a problem with Takasi x Saeko *and* Rei (and Shizuka, just for fun, tehehe).
Sep 10, 2010 9:33 AM

Jul 2010
SpaceKozak said:
Did Saeko kill/murder that molester/rapist (back four years ago) or not? The different translations have it all stated (well implied) differently:

She said "殺めかけた。(ayamekake(ta)=almost kill(ed)).
She did not kill anyone.
Just divided the femur and the scapula of that rapist.
Sep 10, 2010 12:02 PM
Jul 2010
zimno said:
SpaceKozak said:

She said "殺めかけた。(ayamekake(ta)=almost kill(ed)).
She did not kill anyone.
Just divided the femur and the scapula of that rapist.
Thanks for the clarification!

I wonder how [gg] came up with their translation though. "Committing murder" and "almost killing" are quite different. Are [gg] making stuff up as they go along (as [CoalGuys], to my understanding, are notorious for)?
Sep 10, 2010 6:28 PM

May 2010
this is a part of the anime i really want to see O_o
Sep 11, 2010 1:18 AM

Feb 2009
frozen_soul said:
this is a part of the anime i really want to see O_o

Dunno why i am saying it but i agree xD
Sep 11, 2010 5:26 PM

Aug 2010
Finally, Saeko gets a real sword. Also, I like her a lot better when she is creepy, violent, and sexual. She seemed too innocent before. Oh and I bet that all the zombies appeared because of what they probably did that night.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2010

276 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HawthorneKitty - Jul 25, 2010

404 by DarkXion »»
Mar 16, 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.