Forum Settings
Forums
Aug 29, 2010 6:54 AM
Hey all

I just watched this and I am to put it mildly very confused. I usually like watching these kind of shows where you have to think a lot for yourself, but the End of Evangelion puzzled me.

Why did Shinji try to strangle Asuka in the end?

The Rei that appeared in the water at the end - is she real? Or just an imagination of Shinji?

I get that Rei merged with that Angel thing Lith or whatever it is called. But I somehow don't still really know what exactly the third impact was? Aside from the fact the humankind was wiped out leaving only Shinji and Asuka. I presume the reason they survived was because of there connections to the EVA's or?

I hope someone can clear some of it out for me, or at least provide me with links to sites or foras that does.

In advance thanks!

Sep 11, 2010 12:44 PM

Shinji tries to strangle Asuka at the end because he wanted to confirm if she was really alive or if he was having a mind trip again like when he strangles her earlier in the film.

The Rei appearance can be debated, since she is the soul of Lilith, she can freely travel through time and space and she also could be alive, though it is debated.

3rd impact varies, the ones the Angels would have implemented is where everyone on earth is wiped out, the one that occurs in the film is where everyone "dies"(actually losing their bodily forms and becoming one unifed and possibliy god like being) is Instrumentality. Humankind was not really wiiped out, when Shinji rejects the 3rd impact/instrumentality, he chose to return to earth as an individual person and asuka was the 2nd person to do so. If you noticed before the final scene, Yui tells Shinji that anyone can return to their original forms if they choose to.

I hope that clears things up, go to evageeks.com for anymore questions you might have, their wiki clears up a lot of things that you might be confused about.

Sep 11, 2010 5:09 PM
Thanks! I will most likely go to evageeks. I want to know every single theory ever made on Evangelion :)

Sep 12, 2010 11:11 PM

Almost everyone of the theories made are utter crap and lies. The wiki content on evageeks is very accurate and has info that has been confirmed by Gainax in some way.