Forum Settings
Forums
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Aug 25, 2010 10:42 AM
Hi, i dont know if im aloud to ask this here but could all of you people recomned me some good english language music that isnt: Classical, folk, country or somekind of screaming song..

I hope you people will help me..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

Aug 25, 2010 8:56 PM

Here's a recommendation thread that covers a large range of genres, hasn't been updated in a while though: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=22829

That being said, what kind of music do you listen to? You said you don't like classical, folk, country, or "screaming". Are you okay with some screaming vocals, or are they all off limits?

I'll start off by recommending Celldweller. It's a one man band (vocals, instruments, programming) that combines many genres and specializes in electronic rock. You can stream some of his songs on his MySpace. I would suggest listening to Switchback first, if you like that song you'll probably like his others.

Next up is BT. He's an electronic production wizard, one of the best dance musicians you will ever hear, but he also works with other genres such as ambient and glitch. Movement In Still Life would be the best album for becoming familiar with his music. After that, listen to This Binary Universe, it's widely considered a masterpiece. Some of his most well known songs include Flaming June, Dreaming, Somnambulist, and Suddenly, I'd start with those.

Finally, if you like industrial music then you will love Cyanotic. In an age where the genre has largely grown stagnant, they're one of those bands who manage to keep things fresh and new. The Medication Generation is the best album in modern industrial, hands down. Good songs to start with would be Order Out of Chaos, Transhuman, Dose Responsive, and Efficacy.

I would recommend more, but that should be a decent starting point, and I'm not sure what to recommend anyway, since I don't know what you're into.

Aug 26, 2010 12:39 PM

Róisín Murphy - Dear Miami
Bat For Lashes - Glass