Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 31, 2010 2:05 AM
Feb 2009
lol..
Nov 18, 2010 5:53 PM

Oct 2008
TraumaHunter said:
Someone light -> a loose woman -> sensei please"

Win.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Nov 28, 2010 10:00 PM

Jan 2010
I learned new words XD

Pedo & Lolicon
Dec 4, 2010 12:55 PM

Jun 2008
Aversa said:
FFandMMfan said:
alexcampos seems to be the only one here with half a brain, he understands the main problem this show has, that no one else here seems to realize. The sex jokes are too constant and even if they were funny (and they aren't) overusing ANY joke can completely destroy whatever comedy an Anime (or any other form of media) could have.

Look at Mitsudomoe (another show airing this season) for example. It's also not a great show, but it's okay (though the first few episodes were rather lacking) and it uses the same goddamn perverted jokes that Seitokai Yakuindomo uses, but it knows how to properly space its jokes out doesn't re-use the same jokes over and over again. In fact, the ONLY running gag it has that has to deal with sex is people misunderstanding what they're talking about when they refer to the class hamster, Nipples. It, overall, has consistently funny jokes that despite being largely perverse in nature, are still funny because of the comedic timing and NOT USING THE SAME JOKES OVER AND OVER.

Really, I feel sorry for you people. Either you must have no sense of humor whatsoever, or you simply haven't seen many good comedy anime. I cannot even fathom why someone would prefer such a generic and downright insulting "comedy" as Seitokai Yakuindomo, over other comedy Anime, including shows that are airing this season that are so much funnier, like Mitsudomoe and Occult Academy.

Seriously guys, watch other comedy Anime, and then look back on Seitokai Yakuindomo and please, realize that it was generic, shallow trite. Why, I'll even give you guys a small list of comedy anime better than SYD, that I urge you to check out.

Welcome to the NHK!
Azumanga Daioh
Ouran High School Host Club
Genshiken
Kyouran Kazoku Nikki
Seto no Hanayome
Hidamari Sketch
Bakemonogatari
Ichigo Mashimaro
Moyashimon
Seitokai no Ichizon
Hanamaru Youchien
Arakawa Under the Bridge
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
If you don't like this show, just drop it and move on.
Just stop insulting people who enjoy this show.
I personally think this is one of the best shows this season, Occult is pretty good but Seitokai is better.
Besides there several Anime in that list you posted that are of a completely different genre, not to mention aimed at different audiences.

+1
-----------------------
Watching anime is like eating.....
Instead of a proper nutritional meal, sometimes you just want a burger and fries.
Seitokai Yakuindomo is my Cheeseburger with Cheese fries and a Large Milkshake!!
DAMN I'M HUNGRY!!!
Too Much ANIME......Not enough LIFETIME!!!!!!
Aug 14, 2011 6:16 PM

Mar 2011
I like this episode.

I like this show.

'nuff said.
Dec 23, 2011 12:19 AM

Dec 2007
The episode was good.
Dec 28, 2011 10:51 AM

Feb 2010
Epic scene when she went to the fight; KAICHO!!!
Apr 2, 2012 9:35 AM
Feb 2012
Five minutes into this episode and it's enough already. This anime lacks substance and plot; it's nothing but a collection of dirty jokes. Don't get me wrong- I love me some good jokes and many times I laughed out loud but I can't waste my time with 13 episodes (+OVA?) that consist of basically nothing. Dropped without rating since it wouldn't be fair to rate it without finishing the whole thing.

Glad to read that some of you are able to enjoy this show. Keep doing so, guys.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 13, 2012 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
That BL scene....MOAR PLEASEE. *heavy breathing*

Hagu is as adorable as ever<3
Nov 3, 2012 1:18 AM

Sep 2012
Funniest quote for this episode. "He'd rather be raped than do the raping."
Nov 11, 2012 9:41 AM

Jan 2012

Uncalled insulting aside you do have a point when it comes to the weakness of this show's humour: some of the jokes are fairly good, but most of them are suffering with the assumption that "Sex jokes = instant fun", and most of the time it doesn't even try to put effort into their execution with the exception of turning every frigging situation into a sex joke, no matter how lazy the joke is. It basically emulates those times in a person's life when a sex joke was funny simply because it was related to sex, and not because how witty or good timed the joke was, and the show does this almost constantly. Interestingly enough there are episodes that are actually trying to be a little more creative by putting sex jokes into more developed situations and premises, or just being more efficent with the develoment of the situations, but these situations are very rare unfortunately. It doesn't help matters either that the structure of the jokes are way too shallow to make the 20+ minutes length worthwile, it would be more effective if each episode would be 5-6 minutes long to cover up the repetition enough to not make each episode obnoxious.
Dec 14, 2012 8:01 PM

Aug 2012
5/5 it feels like I've been watching this episode more than 24 mins :)...
wvrOct 24, 2013 10:41 PM
Feb 19, 2013 5:42 PM
Jul 2012
Ok episode.
Thank god that what her new character name was is gone.
Skip the last scene too stupid and gay.
Now know the new langauge "bitch!"
3/5
May 16, 2013 3:18 AM

Apr 2012
They perfectly described every cliche in anime romance in that dream.

The BL stuff was...weird.
Jun 17, 2013 4:41 PM

May 2012
Dat gag! Well this sure was a pretty funny episode with short but hilarious sketches ;p
Oct 18, 2013 8:56 AM

Oct 2012
Genjitsudaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
Hata's talent = falsifying things

Maybe I'll try to run around my school's corners someday
Tsuda is useful!!.... Probably

Yeah Tsuda, Japanese is so difficult :(
Men are so wrong.. Yea 8x

"Even if you kill me, I won't die" This, I almost thought it's Emiya Shirou's quote xD
Yay for BL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shiina Mafuyu approves this!!

Anitnelav said:
TraumaHunter said:
Someone light -> a loose woman -> sensei please"

Win.

Lol +1
"Signature removed"
Nov 19, 2013 7:32 PM

Apr 2012
I feel sorry for Tsuda, he's treated so unfairly...
Dec 3, 2013 12:22 PM
May 2011
FINALLY!!! An anime character who is scared of bugs!!!!!!!!!11 That's it, Shino is the best character EVER.
Dec 17, 2013 4:35 PM

Apr 2013
Dec 30, 2013 9:26 AM
Jul 2013
Tsuda is PROBABLY helpful.

Shino won the bout with sexual positions BL.
Dec 31, 2013 5:49 AM

Apr 2011
LOL! She won because she read BL from Aria.

A new chara appears! And she hates boys.
Jan 3, 2014 11:49 PM

Jan 2013
Ehhh. Still same old jokes.
Jan 9, 2014 8:08 AM

Sep 2013
meh the bl scene kinda ruined it for me
probably my least fav ep so far >_<
Jan 13, 2014 10:23 PM

Oct 2013
won the fightooooooo
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 11, 2014 10:12 PM

Nov 2013
Perfectly described cliche anime tropes in that sketched scene:
late for school
bread in mouth
run around corner
get mad at him
transfer student
something in common
fall in love
Apr 18, 2014 7:06 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
LOL, Tsuda's sister thought he was a pedophile because Suzu came to pick up Tsuda, and Suzu goes on her usual Suzu mode when people think she's a kid.

Aria giving Shino a mouth piece toy so she won't sigh.

May 27, 2014 6:25 PM

Mar 2014
Dem Written on the whiteboard lol!!
he got praised for the first time ... ("he is useful .. probably") -killing a bug.
Loose woman.... Sensei !!
Kaichou on judo mode!!
That Ending!!... (for fujoshi only!!)
Good episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2014 11:16 PM

Jun 2014
Hata is without a doubt the best character.
I loved the loli/pedo exchange.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jan 31, 2015 4:47 AM

Oct 2014
Eeeh.With each episode I laugh less and I stopped laughting 3 episodes ago...
Feb 18, 2015 4:20 PM

Aug 2013
Well, we now know what she read, yet it doesn't surprise me at all x)

That fucking Hata... She's a genius :D
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 19, 2015 8:33 PM

Mar 2015
Again Suzu is the big plus for me. Bring more of those lolicon and pedo jokes please lol. That is like the funniest scene in this episode, other than Hata's usual gimmicks.

Dec 20, 2015 3:43 PM

Aug 2014
Nice sport disciplines they wanted ;d

innocent people and idiots and airheads dont go well together ;d

this fast story about running with bread and love... I know I've seen it somewhere... :o

bug killer hero! saves the day!

Shino wins the kamasutra games ;d

but not so great chapter 4/5
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 19, 2016 8:45 AM

Jun 2015
Like I said before, this show would work better as an ecchi, or borderline hentai. Just talking about all that stuff and nothing to actually see makes me a sad boy.

Those sports disciplines from the start sounded good, I wouldn't mind seeing something like that. Hell, I'd even participate.

It's true there are many recycled sex jokes and double entendres, but I still don't find it that bad. I knew what to expect from the start, so I wasn't disappointed.

And I can't say I like Tsuda, he's such a party pooper. Enjoy the situation you're in, dude!

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Feb 19, 2016 10:46 PM

Jul 2015
Dat DBZ reference !
May 8, 2016 6:37 AM

Nov 2011
Episode less fun compared to the previous, but the problem is to be found in a less explicit humor and played on word games, the new character has not revealed much fun as Hata and the like. However certain situations were funny, like the one in which Tsuda and the girls decide to withdraw the ban on running in the corridors, just because it would reduce the birth rate. XD
Jun 11, 2016 6:40 AM

Jan 2015
Another Good episode :3
I <3 SYD
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Apr 27, 2017 11:42 PM

Sep 2013
Did anyone pause on the scene when Tsuda was looking at his sister's English assignment? It was a synopsis of this anime written in really bad, broken English!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 14, 2018 10:20 AM

Apr 2013
I could've done without the BL, but it was still a good episode ^^
Aug 10, 2020 6:25 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The dirty joke was way over the top, even in the important meeting. Somehow i can smirk. However, when its too much. I felt bad for myself when seeing their banter. Its hard to believed with myself by enjoying it. Lmao.

The new character had an interesting personality. It sures give her a huge impact with Tsuda. Just, poor girl!

Still, the best part for me while Suzu and Tsuda sister finally met in the first time. Her reaction, was pedo? Unbeliavable true, as her perverted mind always became her strength. Suzu reaction was way too funny too. Loli? Lmao, pretty nice joke, little girl!

Not to mention anything for Mutsumi match. Just looked at yourself and feel the breeze! Thanks for the help of the novel, Aria, you always helped!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 9, 2021 6:53 PM

Aug 2018
I love the president's misunderstandings about Judo

Feb 27, 2022 10:19 PM
Feb 2022
this is so overrated and i cant wait for it to be over. the plot progression is the worst ive ever seen and the rest of it fails to make up for it.

i thought i would like this a lot because of all the crude humor but i hate it.

im really still trying to give this a chance but eight episodes in and it hasn’t gotten any better
Feb 1, 2023 11:53 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Long-distance cum-shooting using hot girls' faces as targets. Somewhere down the line I want to see them commit and go through with one of these crazy ideas.

Or maybe we'll manage to get through both seasons and all their ovas and their movies, with all hymens and such fully intact. That would be, disappointing, but also impressive, considering the sea of lewd sex jokes they're all swimming in.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 31, 2023 11:33 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to FFandMMfan
alexcampos seems to be the only one here with half a brain, he understands the main problem this show has, that no one else here seems to realize. The sex jokes are too constant and even if they were funny (and they aren't) overusing ANY joke can completely destroy whatever comedy an Anime (or any other form of media) could have.

Look at Mitsudomoe (another show airing this season) for example. It's also not a great show, but it's okay (though the first few episodes were rather lacking) and it uses the same goddamn perverted jokes that Seitokai Yakuindomo uses, but it knows how to properly space its jokes out doesn't re-use the same jokes over and over again. In fact, the ONLY running gag it has that has to deal with sex is people misunderstanding what they're talking about when they refer to the class hamster, Nipples. It, overall, has consistently funny jokes that despite being largely perverse in nature, are still funny because of the comedic timing and NOT USING THE SAME JOKES OVER AND OVER.

Really, I feel sorry for you people. Either you must have no sense of humor whatsoever, or you simply haven't seen many good comedy anime. I cannot even fathom why someone would prefer such a generic and downright insulting "comedy" as Seitokai Yakuindomo, over other comedy Anime, including shows that are airing this season that are so much funnier, like Mitsudomoe and Occult Academy.

Seriously guys, watch other comedy Anime, and then look back on Seitokai Yakuindomo and please, realize that it was generic, shallow trite. Why, I'll even give you guys a small list of comedy anime better than SYD, that I urge you to check out.

Welcome to the NHK!
Azumanga Daioh
Ouran High School Host Club
Genshiken
Kyouran Kazoku Nikki
Seto no Hanayome
Hidamari Sketch
Bakemonogatari
Ichigo Mashimaro
Moyashimon
Seitokai no Ichizon
Hanamaru Youchien
Arakawa Under the Bridge
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
@FFandMMfan How about you shut your fucking mouth before I punch you in the fucking face worthless elitist piece of trash!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Any good?

Mr-Yoshi - Mar 6

11 by veseny »»
Mar 8, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Seitokai Yakuindomo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

game8910 - Sep 25, 2010

208 by Apratim »»
Feb 19, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Seitokai Yakuindomo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Jul 17, 2010

179 by Apratim »»
Feb 10, 7:31 AM

Poll: » Seitokai Yakuindomo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kanade-chan - Jul 3, 2010

286 by Apratim »»
Feb 10, 7:30 AM

» Wow FFandMMfan's hate for this anime was really toxic

AkihitoZero1224 - Dec 31, 2023

12 by Saynarra »»
Jan 1, 5:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.