Forums
Poll: Kuroshitsuji II Episode 8 Discussion

Aug 20, 2010 9:02 PM

EarlCiel said:
Wow, I missed a lot.

yeah , ALOT xD

snowfallingxrain said:

Haha thanks! If you stare into the eyes you may start to feel a bit creeped out though.

Oh my god.

/scarred for life.

I...just...WTF.

Did they really just go there? Did they REALLY just go there?

"Oh, here, we'll make everything make sense...OH WAIT JK HERE HAVE A DEAD ALOIS~!"

NO, MOTHAFUCKERS, NO. NOT OKAY.

-deeeeeeep breath-

So, I would stop watching the series now, but I'm holding onto some tiny hope that Alois (not just his fucking soul in a fucking ring, but fucking ALOIS) will be back somehow. Because that scene with Hannah at the end hopefully had to do something with that. Or maybe Claude has some sort of ~plan~ (though I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't, he is a demon who just wants to eat). Just killing Alois like that seems kind of off, as the contract is about keeping the contractee safe until his wish is granted, yes? (Heh, I'm cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinging...)

And srsly, if Ciel is worth reviving for a second season, Alois is sooo more than worth it. SRSLY.

Aug 20, 2010 9:05 PM

LuciferTheAngel said:
EarlCiel said:
Wow, I missed a lot.

yeah , ALOT xD

You guys always crack me up, how hysterical.

@ waterbottledork -
I feel you, if they just kill Alois like that it seems kind of off since
his contract wasn't fulfilled. That, or maybe Claude is even more worse
than a demon, how low can he stoop?

Aug 20, 2010 9:06 PM

twinight_rain said:
DisposableCamera said:

Random note: Is that Kajiura Yuki/Fiction Junction singing the ending?

It's Kalafina.

Ohh. Thanks! I looked them up and It turns out the band was formed by her. Probs why the music sounds similar to her solo work.
Btw, your icon is too cute <3

<3

Aug 20, 2010 9:06 PM

waterbottledork said:
I...just...WTF.

Did they really just go there? Did they REALLY just go there?

"Oh, here, we'll make everything make sense...OH WAIT JK HERE HAVE A DEAD ALOIS~!"

NO, MOTHAFUCKERS, NO. NOT OKAY.

-deeeeeeep breath-

So, I would stop watching the series now, but I'm holding onto some tiny hope that Alois (not just his fucking soul in a fucking ring, but fucking ALOIS) will be back somehow. Because that scene with Hannah at the end hopefully had to do something with that. Or maybe Claude has some sort of ~plan~ (though I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't, he is a demon who just wants to eat). Just killing Alois like that seems kind of off, as the contract is about keeping the contractee safe until his wish is granted, yes? (Heh, I'm cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinging...)

And srsly, if Ciel is worth reviving for a second season, Alois is sooo more than worth it. SRSLY.

CLAM DOWN
i know how you feel >_<;
thats what i think it after watching this ep ._.;

Aug 20, 2010 9:07 PM

hm? So now Hannah is going to fulfill his request?
Is his request to have Claude with him forever, or is it an unspoken request.

So Alois must be alive then....
yes I am resolute he is alive.

I enjoy Alois when he is not with Claude. Perhaps it was never Alois I disliked but Claude.

The episode needed Grell just for some air.
How did Alois' brother die?

Does one translate that as Sebastian used to work for the one who destroyed his village but now he works for Ciel?

Well....yes....it was interesting.
Although I watched it, I am not certain that enjoyed it is the word.
It is just interesting, I am not certain about this season until it develops a little more.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!

Aug 20, 2010 9:09 PM

Okay, I know it's stupid for me to ask..but how does becoming
more attached to the demon you made a contract with make the
soul taste "less tasty"?

Is it tastier the more suffering they had to endure...or..what?
I'm completely lost there.

Aug 20, 2010 9:11 PM

EarlCiel said:
soul taste "less tasty"?

I think it is because you give up on your first reason to summon the demon. By choosing against that your soul would become spoiled, perhaps?

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!

Aug 20, 2010 9:12 PM

Suzune-chan said:

Does one translate that as Sebastian used to work for the one who destroyed his village but now he works for Ciel?

It has not been confirmed how Alois' brother, Luca, died but my theory
is that he made a contract with a demon (most likely Claude..) to kill
everyone in the village (because he wanted to fulfill Alois' wish)..and then he died.

Claude explains it as Sebastian making a contract with Luca, and then devouring him...that's why Alois has this grudge against Sebastian..but I highly
doubt it was Sebastian, I bet Claude is just manipulating Alois and using him
to get Ciel.

Aug 20, 2010 9:13 PM

EarlCiel said:
Suzune-chan said:

everyone in the village (because he wanted to fulfill Alois' wish)..and then he died.

Claude explains it as Sebastian making a contract with Luca, and then devouring him...that's why Alois has this grudge against Sebastian..but I highly
to get Ciel.

Ah that makes more sense.
Poor Luca he was a cutie.

Aug 20, 2010 9:15 PM

Yes he was, his eyes were freakishly large..though I found them cute.
I loved it when he said, "Yes, Your Highness"..it was just so awesome I replayed
it like 5 times, he's so adorable.

Suzune-chan said:

I think it is because you give up on your first reason to summon the demon. By choosing against that your soul would become spoiled, perhaps?

Yeah, probably. =]

Aug 20, 2010 9:16 PM

EarlCiel said:
LuciferTheAngel said:
EarlCiel said:
Wow, I missed a lot.

yeah , ALOT xD

You guys always crack me up, how hysterical.

@ waterbottledork -
I feel you, if they just kill Alois like that it seems kind of off since
his contract wasn't fulfilled. That, or maybe Claude is even more worse
than a demon, how low can he stoop?

Apparently pretty low, since he's even willing to try and steal Ciel (for a meal, I mean) from Sebastian instead of doing the hard work of cultivating his own snack, lol...he's actually an ingenious antagonist, in that he's all "KAY GONNA TAKE WHAT I WANT, BYE" without much regard for anyone else's interests.

But even if that's the explanation..."ah, Claude is just the worst of the worst, so he killed Alois"...I still won't be satisfied. Just severely disappointed in how the show let the potential of both Alois' and Claude's characters get away. That would just be bad writing, and so knowing Yono and that she had a say in this, I'm going to trust that's probably not the case.

Aug 20, 2010 9:20 PM
Oh my!!! That was so sad (T^T)

I didn't like Alois in the beginning but he just wanted to be loved and have someone by his side. The poor thing... he had such a hard life!! I am so sad he is dead DX

I can't believe Claude did that!! I hope Sebastian kills him cause I don't want him putting his dirty paws on Ciel!! Claude is such an evil JERK!!

Aug 20, 2010 9:30 PM

Suzune-chan said:
EarlCiel said:
Suzune-chan said:

to get Ciel.

Ah that makes more sense.
Poor Luca he was a cutie.

But did Claude know how "tasty" Ciel was at that time? Actually, can anyone tell me when exactly it was that Claude started expressing interest in Ciel's soul? totally can't remember now, was it when they were fighting at the costume ball...?

Aug 20, 2010 9:33 PM

He was interested in Ciel's after he stole it when Sebastian was going to devour Ciel.
That's how Ciel lost his memories, and that's when Claude decided he wanted more than the soul, he wanted Ciel.

To make things more clear -
{ this was posted by twinight_rain in another discussion thread }

Aug 20, 2010 9:45 PM
EarlCiel said:
He was interested in Ciel's after he stole it when Sebastian was going to devour Ciel.
That's how Ciel lost his memories, and that's when Claude decided he wanted more than the soul, he wanted Ciel.

*snort* That's a really good way of explaining things.
Wait, he wants Ciel? I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. A.K.A A whole lot.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Aug 20, 2010 9:46 PM

It disgusts me, too. T , T"

Aug 20, 2010 9:48 PM

Suzune-chan said:
EarlCiel said:
soul taste "less tasty"?

So, like this?

When describing Ciel's soul, Claude always uses the word "pure", sometimes "innocent"; from what I've understood, that's what makes a soul "tasty". Ciel's is exceptional because despite all the obstacles and suffering he's been through on the path to acquire his revenge, his hatred for those who caused his parents' death and (the previous) Phantomhive's downfall and his wish for them too suffer horribly has remained untarnished. It hasn't lessened with time, his cruelty has only been strengthened by his raw hatred, and all in all, he and his ambitions have remained "pure", and unhindered.

On the other hand, Alois didn't have a clear-cut ambition in the beginning, and when he found one--to avenge Luca's death--it began to take second seat once he "fell" for Claude. In other words, or in his own words, he began wanting "those eyes that looked only at me" more than he wanted to avenge Lucas's death. Understandable, in that we see with his history he's been constantly rejected, scorned, and seen only as a burden/object, almost not-human, since his parents' death. Part of the reason he loved Lucas so much, in my opinion, is he had exactly that for Alois (or "Jim", lol)--eyes only for him. In that mindset, Alois began seeing Claude almost as a replacement for Lucas, wanting acceptance once more. His ambition became tarnished and nearly nonexistent, as he did not stuck to "pure" emotions and instead yearned for an acceptance demons can't necessarily give (although Hannah's looking pretty darn close, with the way she's interacted with him).

Is that making any sense?

Aug 20, 2010 9:49 PM
I'm pretty sure it disgust everyone else, too.
WEIRD. MENTAL. IMAGE. TIME. (I get these alot.) Claude and Sebastian on opposite sides of a table, debating about who gets a certain half of Ciel's soul. Yes, I know things don't work like that, but I can still see it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aug 20, 2010 9:52 PM

EarlCiel said:

Ahh, okay. Fffff that's cute.

So, at least we know Claude wasn't necessarily manipulating Alois from the beginning. Just apparently now. Ah, glorious bastard. NOW GIVE ME BACK ALOIS, KTHX

/lolisslow

Aug 20, 2010 9:52 PM
I'll be writing comments as I watch each episode like the last too, I hope this episode is exciting! I really want to see what happens in Alois's past!
-Yay! Alois is alive! In the beginning I was kinda mad like a lot of other people, but I didn't hate him. Its hard too hate some who wears short shorts willingly, but I started to reluctantly like him as the series went on.
-For a second I was thinking Alois x Hannah might not be so bad if all the yaoi fangirls wouldn't flay me for it (or is it the other way around) Don't cry Alois!
-I know I'm writing a comment every few seconds, but seriously, its hard not to. Claude has some mad origami skills and the triplets are kinda creepy, in a cute way
-Is that who I think it is? The original Trancy? One word: Ewwww. He was right to die! D:< No one beats Alois like that (well except for Ciel that one time, but nonetheless)
-HOLY MOTHER OF -----, what the hell Claude? You have just reached a new level of creepiness. Well at least that explained the fairy thing.
-Ok this just got ridiculous, the producers seriously did this in Kuroshitsuji? Not that I mind that Alois looks all sexed up, but seriously...
-Grell? Vs. Hanna? This looks interesting
-What?! NOOOOOOO, CLAUDE YOU HOT BASTARD! D: How dare you hurt Alois's body and steal his soul!
-Man, its really hard to stay loyal to the Ciel fanbase for me, first the whole Claude x Sebastian thing going on and then Alois getting a place in my heart...

This episode didn't feel that long for some reason, but had interesting content to say the least

Aug 20, 2010 9:54 PM

waterbottledork said:

So, like this?

When describing Ciel's soul, Claude always uses the word "pure", sometimes "innocent"; from what I've understood, that's what makes a soul "tasty". Ciel's is exceptional because despite all the obstacles and suffering he's been through on the path to acquire his revenge, his hatred for those who caused his parents' death and (the previous) Phantomhive's downfall and his wish for them too suffer horribly has remained untarnished. It hasn't lessened with time, his cruelty has only been strengthened by his raw hatred, and all in all, he and his ambitions have remained "pure", and unhindered.

On the other hand, Alois didn't have a clear-cut ambition in the beginning, and when he found one--to avenge Luca's death--it began to take second seat once he "fell" for Claude. In other words, or in his own words, he began wanting "those eyes that looked only at me" more than he wanted to avenge Lucas's death. Understandable, in that we see with his history he's been constantly rejected, scorned, and seen only as a burden/object, almost not-human, since his parents' death. Part of the reason he loved Lucas so much, in my opinion, is he had exactly that for Alois (or "Jim", lol)--eyes only for him. In that mindset, Alois began seeing Claude almost as a replacement for Lucas, wanting acceptance once more. His ambition became tarnished and nearly nonexistent, as he did not stuck to "pure" emotions and instead yearned for an acceptance demons can't necessarily give (although Hannah's looking pretty darn close, with the way she's interacted with him).

Is that making any sense?

Yeah..it's so sad. Makes me hate Claude even more. T , T"

Aug 20, 2010 9:54 PM

Just in case anyone is offended by my language, I will put the vulgar section of my post in a spoiler.

Now that that's over with. I want everyone to just die. Right now. I was bawling at the end of that. GAHHHHHHISDFUISDFHUIDSFHUIUILHF

This show is going to be the death of me. God damn, I love you Alois. TT-TT

Aug 20, 2010 9:57 PM

waterbottledork said:

So, at least we know Claude wasn't necessarily manipulating Alois from the beginning. Just apparently now. Ah, glorious bastard. [strike]NOW GIVE ME BACK ALOIS, KTHX[/strike]

/lolisslow

When Claude met Alois, Alois didn't have a wish. Later on, his wish became
to get rid of Sebastian, and kill him. But Alois was not just satisfied
with Sebastian dying, he wanted Sebastian to suffer even more than death..
so that's why Alois wanted to take Ciel from Sebastian since Ciel meant "so much" to him. The moment Claude became interested in Ciel's soul he began to lie to Alois, using Alois to get Ciel. They had a discussion and Claude started naming people.

"Sebastian, he's the one who killed your brother. Ciel Phantomhive. He's
the current contractor that Sebastican sealed a contract with."

Of course, I don't believe Sebastian had anything
to do with Alois' past and Claude just made things up. Claude had
planned everything earlier, he's such a cunning freak.

Aug 20, 2010 9:57 PM

ycart59 said:
Just in case anyone is offended by my language, I will put the vulgar section of my post in a spoiler.

Now that that's over with. I want everyone to just die. Right now. I was bawling at the end of that. GAHHHHHHISDFUISDFHUIDSFHUIUILHF

This show is going to be the death of me. God damn, I love you Alois. TT-TT

...I like you.

Aug 20, 2010 10:01 PM

I have no rational thoughts right now to put toward discussion... I'm just raeging so hard right now.

Although I will say one thing. Was I the only person that was just like LOLWUT at the end with Hannah and Alois' eye? And his name. It's just so... so plain. I will never think of him with that name. Ever. He will always be Alois, my little shota-kun.

Aug 20, 2010 10:03 PM

Is it Jim Machen or Jim Mccain.?
Cause I swear I saw the subtitles say "Mccain" but I heard a "Machen"
If it's Mccain I swear it just adds even more ew to the name.
MAKES ME THING OF JOHN MCCAIN!!!!! O - O"

Aug 20, 2010 10:03 PM

This episode was...sad. Really. If they didn't show Alois' childhood and hardships I would have accepted that Claude devoured him, but it was otherwise. We were shown how hurt and how drastic Alois' past was. :(

I now like Hannah more. Since she was stating at the end about fulfilling Alois' wish. But then again, how?Since Alois was asking that Ciel must be given to him how can he have Ciel now? I'm 'desperately' concluding that Alois is still alive.(though it only has a SLIGHT chance)

Alois is one of the most interesting characters in this season I may say, but dammit. Just---ugh.

About Alois' real name, yea, I lol'd too. And from what I know--it's Mc Cain. Eep. *runs and tries to forget*

Aug 20, 2010 10:04 PM

EarlCiel said:
Is it Jim Machen or Jim Mccain.?
Cause I swear I saw the subtitles say "Mccain" but I heard a "Machen"
If it's Mccain I swear it just adds even more ew to the name.
MAKES ME THING OF JOHN MCCAIN!!!!! O - O"

I saw McCain. And I know what you mean. That was the first thought that ran through my head. And my face just contorted into DO NOT WANT

Also, was there a discussion somewhere in those fifty-some odd pages about the rings? Because I've seen some people thinking that their souls are in those rings. But I'm not sure. Since Claude took his ring with him. Or the rings being a part of their soul. Who knows. I'm interested to see how many episodes this season will have, though. I doubt they can wrap everything up with just four more episodes.

Aug 20, 2010 10:05 PM

YOU DAMN SMILING BASTARD I WISH YOU BURN IN HELL >:(

I don't like Alois but this is just a sad, cruel end to him. And Claude is a f*ckin bastard I hate him more.

Aug 20, 2010 10:06 PM

In my head, it will be Machen. That's final. NOOO Mccain or I'll go freakin'
insane. Oh and in my head it will either be Alois Trancy..or Jimmy Machen.
Jimmy makes it sound cuter, but it still doesn't fit him.

JIMA- MAKAN- KUN...ehh..no wtv. D;

Aug 20, 2010 10:07 PM

EarlCiel said:
waterbottledork said:

So, at least we know Claude wasn't necessarily manipulating Alois from the beginning. Just apparently now. Ah, glorious bastard. [strike]NOW GIVE ME BACK ALOIS, KTHX[/strike]

/lolisslow

When Claude met Alois, Alois didn't have a wish. Later on, his wish became
to get rid of Sebastian, and kill him. But Alois was not just satisfied
with Sebastian dying, he wanted Sebastian to suffer even more than death..
so that's why Alois wanted to take Ciel from Sebastian since Ciel meant "so much" to him. The moment Claude became interested in Ciel's soul he began to lie to Alois, using Alois to get Ciel. Of course, I don't believe Sebastian had anything
to do with Alois' past and Claude just made things up. Claude had
planned everything earlier, he's such a cunning freak.

Ciel was still alive (as in, not soul-depraved) when Claude told Alois about Sebastian wiping out his village and in turn killing Lucas, though, right? Then Claude couldn't have known ~the amazingness~ of Ciel's soul beforehand, if he didn't come into contact with it until the moment he tried to get a hold of the soul--when Sebastian was trying to devour it. So if he WAS manipulating Alois from the beginning, the timeline doesn't seem to add up. It's an interesting theory, though, and does sound totally Claude-like...

Aug 20, 2010 10:11 PM
When I saw Mccain I nearly peed my pants from laughing so much. But then I realized, that name sounds completely and utterly wrong on Alois. Where the heck did the producers pull Jim Mccain (preferably Machen) from? Who in their right mind looked and Alois and said, "I see him as a Jim type."
HIS NAME IS ALOIS TRANCY AND THAT'S FINAL :D

Aug 20, 2010 10:12 PM

I think Claude was jealous of Sebastian and he knew about him ever since the beginning. When he realized how delicious (rofl) Ciel was he became more attached to it..because why else would Claude tell Alois all about Ciel and Sebastian...?

Aug 20, 2010 10:12 PM

lunasity said:
When I saw Mccain I nearly peed my pants from laughing so much. But then I realized, that name sounds completely and utterly wrong on Alois. Where the heck did the producers pull Jim Mccain (preferably Machen) from? Who in their right mind looked and Alois and said, "I see him as a Jim type."

HERE HERE

Aug 20, 2010 10:13 PM

lunasity said:

AH-LOI-SUUU TEH-RAHN-SHII ~
rofl that's how the japanese say it.

And Ciel Phantomhive ~
SHI-ERU FAHN-TAM-HAIVU ~

/lame attempt at japanese pronunciation

And Claude Faustus

KEH-LAU-DOO *#@$(*#&$(@*$&##)(*@$)(#*$)(@#*$()#@*$

/censor, censor
That's right, I went that far.

Aug 20, 2010 10:15 PM
EarlCiel said:
I think Claude was jealous of Sebastian and he knew about him ever since the beginning. When he realized how delicious (rofl) Ciel was he became more attached to it..because why else would Claude tell Alois all about Ciel and Sebastian...?

This anime's starting to make my head hurt :/
Remember that thing that Sebastian told him in the first episode, something about not being better than the original? Maybe that has something to do with his... infatuation with the Ciel bear (WTF?!)

Aug 20, 2010 10:15 PM

still sulking. I'm.hopeless.without.my.sweet.Alois.

Aug 20, 2010 10:16 PM

Well..it would make sense that Ciel is not better than the original since he lost his memories..and he doesn't believe..he had his revenge yet...
( if that is what you are talking about )

Aug 20, 2010 10:17 PM

Nia9001 said:
still sulking. I'm.hopeless.without.my.sweet.Alois.

Same here, bashing Claude somehow made me feel bettur. :c ~

Aug 20, 2010 10:17 PM

Also, I'm thinking that, going back to the name thing, the fansubbers were just, like, wtf is this shit, and put in a name close. I think the actual name was said to be Macken. But I'm not sure.

Aug 20, 2010 10:19 PM

Either in order to give Alois a motive merely so the contract could be fulfilled, or because Alois asking about it in some fashion, or just as you said: to move in for the kill (meal--lol). ;P Yeah, I guess we'll find out soon enough with only four eps left haha

Aug 20, 2010 10:20 PM
EarlCiel said:
lunasity said:

AH-LOI-SUUU TEH-RAHN-SHII ~
rofl that's how the japanese say it.

And Ciel Phantomhive ~
SHI-ERU FAHN-TAM-HAIVU ~

/lame attempt at japanese pronunciation

And Claude Faustus

KEH-LAU-DOO *#@$(*#&$(@*$&##)(*@$)(#*$)(@#*$()#@*$

/censor, censor
That's right, I went that far.

D:
She went that far.
Holy S@#$ she went that far.
Oh, and that was a perfect imitation of the pronunciation.
Just realized that yesterday I was on this thread for three hours. Where does the time go?

Aug 20, 2010 10:23 PM

lunasity said:
EarlCiel said:

This anime's starting to make my head hurt :/
Remember that thing that Sebastian told him in the first episode, something about not being better than the original? Maybe that has something to do with his... infatuation with the Ciel bear (WTF?!)

Because Ciel's memories, and therefore his prolonged "suffering", are gone. He became ~oh-so-tasty~ again when he had the "truth" (the Trancy household was responsible for everything) to angst over, you know? lol

/basically what EarlCiel said, arrrgh I should read faster lol
Modified by waterbottledork, Aug 20, 2010 10:26 PM

Aug 20, 2010 10:23 PM

I lurk around this thread like..all day.
; - ;
/sob sob I have no life.

Rofl, why thank you. I really listen to their names a lot so I can
imitate the pronunciation pretty well. :o ~

Aug 20, 2010 10:25 PM

Fuck(and now Bird is playing this is insane :/)

But hey,we got to see...

Aug 20, 2010 10:26 PM
EarlCiel said:
I lurk around this thread like..all day.
; - ;
/sob sob I have no life.

Rofl, why thank you. I really listen to their names a lot so I can
imitate the pronunciation pretty well. :o ~

My life is probably sadder. I actually wanted to get on this thread as fast I could while I was out with my family.
I kept thinking about Alois so much that I eventually put up a banner on my phone that said "R.I.P Alois Trancy (if you're really dead)"
Still have it, actually. Kinda wanna put an Alois pic as my background.

Aug 20, 2010 10:28 PM

Oh, his pic is my background. I can't find one that'll fit my screen.
The one I have has Claude on it so I had to put "Xs" all over his eyes and body
and put hearts all over alois. ; - ;
</333
I put R.I.P ALOISUU~ (if he's really ded) on my facebook and everyone was freaking out thinking that some friend of mine died.
Wus wrong with them? ; - ;

Aug 20, 2010 10:31 PM
w0w wdf just happpened

Pages (31) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »