Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 18, 2010 1:28 AM

Jul 2006
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Chapter was so-so.

Nothing exciting seemed to have happened. It looks like all of the strawhats are going to stay put for a while. Training/getting stronger/ etc.

Not all One Piece chapters are epic.

Aug 18, 2010 5:47 PM
Sep 2007
King of Snipers!
Hi
Aug 18, 2010 5:52 PM

Feb 2008
looking to be a time-skip where everyone gets stronger and then they meet up....thas just my speculation
Aug 18, 2010 5:54 PM

Jul 2008
It was ok, but not much more.

Everybody is just deciding to become stronger, which we saw the beginning of during the last chapter, with Chopper and Sanji.

Next week we'll see Zoro, and since he was the only one who didn't get the message, Mihawk will probably explain it to him, and at the same time inform the readers about it.
Aug 18, 2010 6:00 PM

Nov 2008
nice chapter.....with so much build up i cant help but think oda has something epic planned for chapter 600 :D
Aug 18, 2010 6:02 PM

Jul 2006
AfterGlow said:

Next week we'll see Zoro, and since he was the only one who didn't get the message, Mihawk will probably explain it to him, and at the same time inform the readers about it.

Plus, and this is just my opinion, Zoro is the only strawhat that doesn't need to get stronger. So yeah, his moment will probably be more special. Though it will be interesting to see him interact with Mihawk. Maybe Mihawk wont "help him", but could possibly tell Zoro the whereabouts of another sword. One of those legendary ones. That's honestly the only thing Zoro needs..... a super legendary sword, like the one Mihawk has.

Aug 18, 2010 6:06 PM

Jul 2010
"Bone to be wild!!!" xD
Aug 18, 2010 6:07 PM

May 2010
so-so another filler more like tsk2
Aug 18, 2010 6:11 PM

Aug 2008
I wasn't super amused by this chapter, but progress is being made. And if there's anything I've learned reading this manga, it's patience. I really wanted to hear about what was going on with Buggy though.

Aug 18, 2010 6:20 PM

Jul 2008
can;t wait to see the new cyborg franky
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 18, 2010 6:27 PM

Jun 2008
A time skip would be nice...
Aug 18, 2010 6:27 PM

Sep 2008
kage-bunshin said:
can;t wait to see the new cyborg franky
I want to see him with caterpillar tracks for the lulz.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2010 6:42 PM

Jan 2008
This was very interesting for me. More than anyone else, I'm interested in what Brook's going to learn to become stronger than he was prior.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Aug 18, 2010 6:50 PM

Jun 2009
I thought it was interesting, I love how they're all leveling up.

But it was the picture with Ace, Luffy and Sabo that I loved the most! <3
XD
Aug 18, 2010 6:51 PM

Jan 2009
Yeah I am interested in what Brook and Robin are going to due. I wonder if Robin is going to get actually stronger or just become more informed or what. I really liked this chapter, oda definitely has something bigged planned for chapter 600. I can feel it.
Aug 18, 2010 6:56 PM

Jul 2009
Can't wait to see Usopp become a real "Sogeking" :D

Looks like Zoro's part would become the most interesting out of all of them. It's going to be interesting how it'll turn out.

Lastly, Franky made a new legend on that island XD
This is a signature.
Aug 18, 2010 7:02 PM

Jul 2006
burntlettuce said:
Yeah I am interested in what Brook and Robin are going to due. I wonder if Robin is going to get actually stronger or just become more informed or what. I really liked this chapter, oda definitely has something bigged planned for chapter 600. I can feel it.
Every single week this seems to be the case. And Oda could have easily just went straight to everyone getting back together. We honestly don't need to know what everyone was up to. Everyone friggin knew the SH were going to power-up, so it wouldn't have been a swerve seeing everyone super strong out of no where.

But Oda is deliberately elongating this to make chapter 600 "it". Which means we have 3 more chapters til 600.

So I wanna know:
*Why Bonney is so important to the World Government. She someones daughter or something? She was crying during the war, someones lover perhaps?
*Who will become the new Fleet Admiral, and who will become the new Admiral.
*Just an update on the World Government
*What the Gorousei plans to do with the shichibukai.
*Boa Hancock marrying/getting impregnated by Luffy.
*How about Buggy?
*An update on all of the Supernovas.....

I wonder if 3 chapters can cover all of that?

Aug 18, 2010 7:07 PM

Jan 2009
JusticeHart said:

But Oda is deliberately elongating this to make chapter 600 "it". Which means we have 3 more chapters til 600.

So I wanna know:
*Why Bonney is so important to the World Government. She someones daughter or something? She was crying during the war, someones lover perhaps?
*Who will become the new Fleet Admiral, and who will become the new Admiral.
*Just an update on the World Government
*What the Gorousei plans to do with the shichibukai.
*Boa Hancock marrying/getting impregnated by Luffy.
*How about Buggy?
*An update on all of the Supernovas.....

I wonder if 3 chapters can cover all of that?

I think the Buggy one may the only one you get. We had our update on the Supernovas and I think that is all the screen time they get for now.

I will say one thing I was thinking of(Off topic) was Perona. Now that we know Moria is still alive I think the likely hood of her joining the crew is probably not likely. Which makes me wonder who/if anyone else is going to join.
Aug 18, 2010 7:21 PM

Nov 2008
can't wait to see what Robin can learn from Dragon
it feels like there will be a time skip, maybe thats what Oda's gonna show in chap. 600
Aug 18, 2010 7:39 PM

Jun 2009
ya this is going to get great at least this chapter didn't suck(like the anime recently)
and i wonder what powers each of them is going to come back with
Aug 18, 2010 8:01 PM

Mar 2009
I liked this chapter because of all the reminiscing. It reminded me of the many emotional moments throughout this story.

Anyway, with each chapter, a time skip is looking more and more plausible. Since everyone except for Zoro has been covered - and as you guys already mentioned here - yeah, Oda's most likely gonna focus on him in the next chapter. Mihawk training him would be beyond awesome, but I seriously doubt it's going to happen. What Justice said about Zoro getting a legendary sword sounds equally as awesome.

Besides Zoro, I'm most interested in Robin's growth. Hanging out with Dragon and the revolutionaries? Can't wait to see what happens with her.

Also, rofl @ Franky.

And now, I'm looking forward to chapter 600. =)
Aug 18, 2010 8:49 PM
Jun 2007
God damn, Oda's really cruel, drawing that what-if scenario for the chapter cover.
JusticeHart said:
That's honestly the only thing Zoro needs..... a super legendary sword, like the one Mihawk has.

He already got one of those when he defeated Ryuuma back in Thriller Bark. I think what he needs most is rest. Plenty of it. Ever since Mihawk wounded him way back during the Baratie arc Zoro hasn't made a full recovery from that wound. Add to that the various battles he's fought, taking all of Luffy's fatigue and pain, and getting fucked over by Kizaru, recovery would be his much needed power-up.
avrcAug 19, 2010 1:42 AM
Aug 18, 2010 9:26 PM

Nov 2007
brook's getting stronger BONES
Aug 18, 2010 9:30 PM

Jan 2010
i had fun trying to imagine what each of the crew's power ups are going to look like. I'm looking forward to the time skip to find out if the crew's new looks and skills will be anything like i imagined...
Aug 18, 2010 9:50 PM

Feb 2008
franky is so much win
Aug 18, 2010 10:03 PM

Jul 2006
Avarice said:
God damn, Oda's really cruel, drawing that what-if scenario for the chapter cover.
JusticeHart said:
That's honestly the only thing Zoro needs..... a super legendary sword, like the one Mihawk has.

He already got one of those when he defeated Ryuuma back in Thriller Bark. I think what he needs most is rest. Plenty of it.

Wait wait wait. Zoro has one of the ...8...9...11..... I don't know, legendary swords? Like I know Tashigi talked about them before. The one he got from Ryuuma was considered one? Maybe I should just check the OP wiki. I honestly know nothing about the swords in One Piece, other there being legendary ones.

And I agree with that also. Zoro has honestly never fought at 100%. I kinda fear how good he'll be at 100%. He cut thru fucking Kuma for christ sake while being half dead!

edit:
alright, looked it up.
Zoro has 2 "great" swords. They are the second most powerful grade.
The best being "supreme", which he doesn't have. And since he has 2 known swords, and one crappy one, he will eventually get a supreme grade one.
JusticeGundamAug 18, 2010 10:09 PM

Aug 18, 2010 10:57 PM
Mar 2010
I thought all 3 of his were "great" swords. The Wado something he got from Kuina is one of the 21 best swords in the world and he'll never get rid off it, the legendary blade he got from the samuri, and that cursed sword was also famous.
Aug 18, 2010 11:09 PM

Jul 2006
mundo said:
I thought all 3 of his were "great" swords. The Wado something he got from Kuina is one of the 21 best swords in the world and he'll never get rid off it, the legendary blade he got from the samuri, and that cursed sword was also famous.

There are 21 "great" grade swords. Zoro has 2 of them.

There are 12 "supreme" grade swords. Mihawk has one, and there is another known one. Plus, speculation from fans believe one of the gorousei has a "supreme" grade sword.
this dude: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061219144719/onepiece/images/8/8c/G2portrait.png

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Swords#Katana_Grade_Swords

Aug 18, 2010 11:34 PM
Jun 2007
JusticeHart said:

alright, looked it up.
Zoro has 2 "great" swords. They are the second most powerful grade.
The best being "supreme", which he doesn't have. And since he has 2 known swords, and one crappy one, he will eventually get a supreme grade one.

I herped so much that I derped.
Aug 19, 2010 12:47 AM

Jun 2008
All 3 of Zoro's swords are awesome. The one with the less status is the cursed sword he has. So if his going to change any, then that will be.
But calling the cursed sword a crappy one is completely off the mark. From the three is has the most sharp blade and is still a very good sword.
We don't even know how much it's status is being affected by it's curse.
Personally i see no reason for a change of swords since all three are very good blades.
It's obvious that he is the one that will improve. Do you guys forget how Mihawk commented that he wasn't impressed on how far he went by fighting with the monkeys. Those monkeys are gonna make Zoro stronger.

Anyway this chapter puts the foundations of the upcoming power-ups.
I expect a small time-skip very soon and the chapter right after it will inform us of the new status in the World Government, the reunite of the Straw Hat pirates, what deal Buggy made and a new event starting to take place.
MonadAug 19, 2010 2:07 AM
Aug 19, 2010 1:44 AM

Apr 2009
wow Sabo on the cover? that was awesome..

i wanna see him alive damn.. and soon =)

he looks fucking cool)))

Bone to be wild XDDDD

progress progress..

nice chapter
Aug 19, 2010 1:48 AM

Feb 2009
Hasn't the last 3 chapters been basically the same thing?

And they're still keeping us hanging on what Luffy's message is. Goddamn.
Aug 19, 2010 2:06 AM

Oct 2007
This chapter was good. It's basically a set up for epic in the near future.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines
Aug 19, 2010 2:13 AM
Jul 2018
When you talk about being SUPER, it has to be Franky :D

The time leap is more or less confirmed now. I wonder how long it is gonna be. Nice chapter overall
Aug 19, 2010 2:16 AM

Dec 2008
Flashbacks were great, but there were some mistakes... When Usopp remembered about Crocodiles defeat, Nami has clearly Perfect Clima Tact. And Nami's flashback seems odd, since art style is so much different compared to original Arlong Park Saga. Especially her boobs are way bigger than it's supposed to be. :)

I think Spectrum is an amusing title. To unify different perspectives or behaviours under single title
Aug 19, 2010 2:45 AM

Aug 2009
@Monad: Cursed sword is now gone. It was destroyed during Enis Robby arc.

I thought it was stunning chapter, epic as ever. Everyone will get level up (finally), and now, we will get to see strawhat pirate in supreme degree.
Aug 19, 2010 2:51 AM

Jun 2008
ringoo4 said:

Nope, you are wrong. the sword destroyed was the one the shopkeeper gave him, the Yubashiri sword. He still has his cursed sword.
Aug 19, 2010 3:03 AM

Feb 2010
for op standards a boring chapter some random i will stronger speach are not really exiting any more
Aug 19, 2010 3:16 AM

Jan 2009
I liked it. Of course it wasn't anything mind blowing, that's what the last couple of arcs were about.

It would not surprise me at all of Robin runs into Sabo at Dragon's. Maybe Dragon will even lend him to the Straw Hats =D
Aug 19, 2010 3:51 AM

Dec 2009
Hopefully Zoro will be getting stronger, and of course a new sword. But if I could decide, I would make his sense of direction a bit better :p.

Also, I really wanna see Luffy in action, Oda has kept us for quiet a while now.
Aug 19, 2010 3:56 AM

Jan 2009
SalumoN said:
Hopefully Zoro will be getting stronger, and of course a new sword. But if I could decide, I would make his sense of direction a bit better :p.

Also, I really wanna see Luffy in action, Oda has kept us for quiet a while now.

I agree with wanting to see Luffy, now that you mention it. I do, however, disagree with Zoro's sense of direction getting better. I myself have a horrible sense of direction. But compared to Zoro it's decent, and I like that =D
Aug 19, 2010 4:27 AM

Mar 2009
ave.rage chapter, like the usopp part is the best of the chapter.

next episode i think its going be half zoro with mihawk explaining the whole 16 rings of the bell thing and half luffy training with rayleigh
Aug 19, 2010 5:57 AM

Aug 2009
Monad said:
ringoo4 said:

Nope, you are wrong. the sword destroyed was the one the shopkeeper gave him, the Yubashiri sword. He still has his cursed sword.
huh. I should read that chapter again, I guess.
Aug 19, 2010 8:58 AM

Nov 2009
burntlettuce said:
I will say one thing I was thinking of(Off topic) was Perona. Now that we know Moria is still alive I think the likely hood of her joining the crew is probably not likely. Which makes me wonder who/if anyone else is going to join.

Moria isn't alive. o.0 He was killed by Doflamingo. If you're talking about when Mihawk said "Moria wasn't killed in battle, because at the end of the war he was still seen" or whatever, you gotta realize Doflamingo and the Pacifistas killed off Moria after the war.
Aug 19, 2010 9:05 AM

Sep 2008
Robin + good Haki = Flawless victory
Aug 19, 2010 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
JoshOfRJNN said:
burntlettuce said:

Moria isn't alive. o.0 He was killed by Doflamingo. If you're talking about when Mihawk said "Moria wasn't killed in battle, because at the end of the war he was still seen" or whatever, you gotta realize Doflamingo and the Pacifistas killed off Moria after the war.

Even Flamingo's reaction hinted that Moria somehow got away
Aug 19, 2010 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
SalumoN said:
Hopefully Zoro will be getting stronger, and of course a new sword.

Zoro will end up having 1 or 2 swords out of the 12 greatest swords, but right now he needs some major destructive power i.e. something like Mihwak's 'World's Strongest Slash'. And later on he needs to have the power to stop or cut logia users. He's and will be the 2nd strongest of the crew, and therefore he'll face many strong guys and some of them will surely have logia powers (like admirals)
Aug 19, 2010 10:44 AM

Jan 2009
JoshOfRJNN said:
burntlettuce said:

Sigh...http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/55562012/10
Aug 19, 2010 11:05 AM

Nov 2008
Looking forward to the time skip I think is inevitable , and to see this crew nice and back together after everyones 'power ups'

Though Robins chat does also interest me Same with some more information on Zoro.
Aug 20, 2010 12:00 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Good chapter. I'm happy everyone is trying to get stronger before coming back together.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

12 by thebrentinator24 »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

87 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 21, 10:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 769 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Maerow - Nov 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 21, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.