Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2010 12:06 AM

Sep 2009
Great episode...there was a lot of talking though lol. I'm really interested in seeing where this is going to go now.
Aug 18, 2010 12:27 AM
Jan 2010
I know I'm in the minority here, but this episode was boring.

I watch K-On!! for the gags, and this one had next to none. The main underlying plot behind K-On!! just barely ties everything together, but I enjoy this show more when it's funny.

The next episode has hope though!!! Yui looks like she will be her usual semi-dumb self, which means lots of funny I hope.
Aug 18, 2010 12:34 AM

Aug 2010
This episode was so AWESOME! It really brought out the K-On! in me. I cried in this episode as well towards the end. Just thinking of them really brings out the true meaning of friendship (that's just me though) . I don't think I'll ever meet another anime series like this in my whole life! The new songs were great as well, I absolutely loved them.

K-On!! forever!!!! *raises hand high*
Aug 18, 2010 12:44 AM

May 2009
RJay said:

I watch K-On!! for the gags, and this one had next to none. The main underlying plot behind K-On!! just barely ties everything together, but I enjoy this show more when it's funny.

The core of the show is slice of life/coming of age. The comedy aspect comes second, the music third. Shows like this will always have a moment of drama, as it fits with the girls having to leave behind sweet memories of playing or just simply being together like this and move on with their lives.

Anyway, I loved this episode. I think people got a bit confused over Mugi's song, which, iirc, was merely a musical score, not a full song with lyrics. it's possible they did use it, but that they used Yui's lyrics for it.

I would've liked to see Strawberry Parfait, but I consider this a fan teaser more than an actual song they wrote. And I am glad they didn't use Mio's songs. She had her time in the spotlight with Pure Pure Heart, but Yui is officially the band's lead singer and thus, it makes sense that her songs take priority.

And I guess it's official: Fuwa Fuwa Time is this band's fan favorite song, the one song they have to play at practically every gig they do to please their fans.

This would've made a good final episode, but considering there's more to come, I think it's gonna be hard to top this. One thing is for sure: I'll miss this show when it finally ends.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2010 12:51 AM

Aug 2009
I loved this episode ^^ Mugi's so funny, inviting random ppl to their club room to drink tea XD

Almost cried at the end when they were all "sweating"... Somewhat disappointed to not be able to hear Mugi's song, but im sure theyll release them anyway. U&I was awesome!

Cant wait for next episode. I wish K-On wudnt end so soon.
Aug 18, 2010 12:52 AM
Dec 2008
I loved this episode i wish they could stay a band after school you know like getting signed to a record label :)
Aug 18, 2010 12:52 AM

Jan 2009
Awesome! I've finally learnt exactly how far to skip to miss the OP : D

If I ever went to a perfomance carried out like this. I'd want my money back. Even if it happened to be free. Compensation for the lost time thank you.
And no, Azu-nyan, you're wrong. Yui isn't even a tiny bit reliable.
Well then.
The fuck? What was that? Trying to stir up emotions now, are we?

...Oh well, at least new music. Finally.
Derp song was derp though. Too much Yui singing D:<
The last song sounded a lot better though, since Yui's voice wasn't as apparant in it.

Tl;dr the only highlight in this episode was probably the last song. And the ED of course, as always. And the fact that Azu-nyan was still composed enough to not cry. Seriously, the rest of the bunch looked.. Dumb.
And I've gotten tired of Fuwa Fuwa Time already =3=
OosranAug 18, 2010 12:56 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 18, 2010 1:14 AM

Jun 2010
So, who else cried during this episode?

I know I did. Many tears. ;______;
Aug 18, 2010 1:41 AM
Dec 2008
Nyr said:
So, who else cried during this episode?

I know I did. Many tears. ;______;

haha i feel you seein them cry almost made me
Aug 18, 2010 2:11 AM

Feb 2010
This was the best K-ON!! episode yet. Fact.

Aug 18, 2010 2:26 AM

Jul 2010
Definately one of if not the best ep of K-ON I've seen. two new songs, even if one is a little... food orientated, and very nice and emotional. I welled up at the end and when Yui said that they were out of time.
Aug 18, 2010 3:03 AM
May 2008
The warm down after the concert really swept me away. I remember focusing on the dialogue during the scene and went along with it because I thought maybe they had made a mistake when they were talking about another concert and recruitment plan. It kind of hit me hard when the chime kicked in and I realised they were all crying. Such a moving scene. T-T
Aug 18, 2010 3:10 AM

May 2008
Azusa is like the most mature , but it was a great episode i love the last song

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 18, 2010 3:13 AM
Jun 2010
Weekly pic dump
Aug 18, 2010 3:24 AM

Feb 2010
finally some music took long enough....
Aug 18, 2010 3:32 AM

Jan 2010
I loved every second of this episode .. I like the U&I its so great .. I almost cried when they're discuss what do they do next... I dont want to see them break up .. :(

HTT Forever!!
Aug 18, 2010 5:04 AM
Jul 2008
Way too much talking between the songs and only U & I was okey. However I never want the band to break up!
Aug 18, 2010 5:35 AM

Nov 2009
I was too bubbly and happy throughout this episode i sickened myself, but it is nice to be like that for once. Usually i am expressionless while watching anime.

Indeed way too much talking inbetween, i would of actually liked to heard the full version of U & I but oh well. Fist one in a while i think i might really like.

I had to suppress watery eyes at the end there. I got work and the last thing i need is to appear red eyed from crying =P
Aug 18, 2010 5:41 AM

Oct 2009
One of the best episodes of the series. The talking between the songs went on too long though.

The ending was too much for me, I started crying straight away :|

Aug 18, 2010 5:43 AM

Mar 2009
It was a long wait but so worth it!

T______T

Fantastic episode, from beginning to end.

WTF? Why is Azunyan the voice of reason, she's the one who's gonna be left alone.
(Jun-chan did say she would join next year!)

I will be sad when this is finished, maybe we'll get some full episode OVAs or a Movie or something?

But, I read that the manga was ending soon, so who knows?

Urahara Out!!
Aug 18, 2010 5:48 AM

Jul 2009
for me this was one of the best episodes of k-on!love it!;)
Aug 18, 2010 5:50 AM

Nov 2007
lol the drama caught me off guard. Best episode yet.
Aug 18, 2010 5:54 AM
Jul 2009
OMG, the end of it...I couldn't hold back the tears. I just couldn't.
Aug 18, 2010 6:30 AM

Feb 2010
This episode was so good. Really sad at the end but hey, highschool has to end... I wonder if they will continue playing together throughout college. I see a good OVA ;o
Aug 18, 2010 6:38 AM

Jun 2010
Bice was dead after she finished "Gohan wa Okazu".
She is only 38.
RIP

http://wiki.jpopstop.com/wiki/bice
Aug 18, 2010 7:32 AM

May 2009
This episode was so great in many ways, but it was made even better cuz i never saw Mugi cry (that much) so it was amazingly cute!!!

And we also saw Yui's pose from the cover.
I'm glad for Sawa-chan ^^

I can't imagine this show coming to an end though T-T How is that possible!?
Aug 18, 2010 7:46 AM

Jun 2009
<3 The concert was fantastical!

Guitah, Elizabeth and Mu. Lawl. XD
Omg when they broke down in tears, I was so sad because it reminded me the season is gonna end soon! ;_;
Poor Mugi the most tho. She was going full force with those tears. D: I seem to notice I'm more like Mugi every episode, and to think I disliked her a year ago. ._. What was I thinking, really!

Lol Yui boogers. XD
Aug 18, 2010 8:07 AM

Aug 2009
I still wish Azunyan named her Mustang guitar Roy.
Aug 18, 2010 8:29 AM

Sep 2009
What a nice ep
Would be cool if they made a few OVAs of them in the future, whether they made it as a band or just meet up to relive playing together.
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Aug 18, 2010 8:37 AM

Apr 2008
Frostii sub this episode faster. I can't bring myself to watch the song only and I'm very intrigued about this being the best episode (and a tearjerking one)

If this won't be released by Frostii by tomorrow, I'll watch Coalguys' . Can't wait anymore XD

Aug 18, 2010 8:52 AM

Jul 2009
Although there's too much talking between the two songs. This was a really good episode. There're two new songs in here. Both are good song though I like U&I better. I'd definetly like to hear the full version of it. Also the touching scene at the end of episode was good too. Best episode so far imo
Aug 18, 2010 9:22 AM

May 2009
Sylpheed said:
Frostii sub this episode faster. I can't bring myself to watch the song only and I'm very intrigued about this being the best episode (and a tearjerking one)

If this won't be released by Frostii by tomorrow, I'll watch Coalguys' . Can't wait anymore XD

I usually watch CoalGuys first anyway, then replace it with Frostii after they released.

Speaking of Frostii, I think they'll be happy once it's all over. They seem to be losing interest in this show with each passing week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2010 9:49 AM

Dec 2008
touching ep T T
i want K-ON season 3 .. T T
Aug 18, 2010 9:50 AM

Jul 2010
U&I!!!! I LOVE THAT SONG!!!!

Its really sad that this is their last School Festival :(
Aug 18, 2010 9:50 AM

Jan 2009
DeusExMachina said:
MAJOR MANLY TEARS WERE SHED.
Btw quick question, how exactly can tears over this be called "manly"?

AO968 said:
Speaking of Frostii, I think they'll be happy once it's all over. They seem to be losing interest in this show with each passing week.
Which isn't very strange at all, is it?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 18, 2010 10:21 AM

Dec 2009
Why. Just why. I got teary at the end of the episode. It's K-ON. It can't be sad, right? And the concert. For some reason it made me happy. It made me realize that I love season 2 so much. It's great. It's sad that it will end.

<3
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 18, 2010 10:34 AM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
AO968 said:
Which isn't very strange at all, is it?

Aug 18, 2010 10:37 AM

Apr 2008
AO968 said:
Sylpheed said:

I usually watch CoalGuys first anyway, then replace it with Frostii after they released.

Yeah after all that sarcasm posts XD

About those tears..is it something like when you shed tears for a Key material, or what? It can't be manly of course lol.

Aug 18, 2010 10:49 AM

Oct 2009
I never thought an episode of K-ON would make me sad. ;_;

I love the scene after their performance so much. I'll probably cry when the girls graduate. ;__;
Aug 18, 2010 11:19 AM

Jan 2010
Best episode of K-ON!/! yet, hand down.

Dear god -Tthe animation this episode was fantastic in some shots.
Also 2 new insert songs, some funny jokes, and most amazingly, K-ON managed to pull on my heart strings at the end. What the hell? This is K-ON, why am I feeling something?

God damn KyoAni and their knack at conveying emotions.
My tastes > your tastes.
Aug 18, 2010 11:37 AM

Oct 2009
This episode was exactly what I needed now that I've begun a new life on a school where pretty much everyone is assholes. ;_;
Aug 18, 2010 11:49 AM
Jan 2010
Oh my god, music in K-on!?
What is the world coming to.
Aug 18, 2010 12:06 PM

Apr 2010
Best episode so far. Two new songs, but U&I is a favorite for me. The feeling you get from this episode was how I felt when I was leaving high school. When leaving all your friends and memories behind from high school, it's such a sad feeling. You only appreciate things when their gone. It's such a bittersweet moment, but time moves on, and so do us all. Six more episodes of K-On!! left...
Aug 18, 2010 12:21 PM

Jul 2009
tears? k-on?! wtfff, the world is coming to the end. but seriously, this episode was one of the best, if not the best. that felt like i last episode to me, i wouldve given the series a 9 if it was, so i wonder how it's gonna progress now.
Aug 18, 2010 12:32 PM

Aug 2009
loved this episode, im really gonna miss this serie T____T, the crying at the end moved me so much, pretty cool scene,
Aug 18, 2010 12:50 PM
Dec 2007
Hands down THE highlight of both seasons. If every boring scene, uninspired dialogue and shallow characterization in the series has been made to result in this particular episode, it was worth the wait and the pain. Awesome episode overall, very touching with convincing direction and character developments, as well as a very good musical side. Simply the best of the series, that's what I have been waiting for all along.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 18, 2010 12:56 PM
Jan 2010
AO968 said:
RJay said:

The core of the show is slice of life/coming of age. The comedy aspect comes second, the music third. Shows like this will always have a moment of drama, as it fits with the girls having to leave behind sweet memories of playing or just simply being together like this and move on with their lives.

Anyway, I loved this episode. I think people got a bit confused over Mugi's song, which, iirc, was merely a musical score, not a full song with lyrics. it's possible they did use it, but that they used Yui's lyrics for it.

Yes, there could be several legitimate reasons for this episode not being funny. The fact is, I was not entertained by it, no matter what the reason may be for the lack of humor.

The songs were generic, Yui failed to entertain me with her talking, and the whole idea of a band playing their last festival and crying afterwards is beyond cliche.

I'm not some hater, this and Episode 12 are the only episodes that failed to entertain me. The rest of the season has been hilarious.

Different strokes for different folks.
Aug 18, 2010 1:05 PM

Aug 2009
chinoman said:

and this:

If that was their parents, it's kinda weird that Ui would say "she's my sister" to them. Then again, it could just show how often they're not around.

Other than that, really liked both of the new songs, but I'm still holding out for Mugi's song, or at least her singing.

Also, I'm sure this has been brought up before, but is Yui's rice obsession some sort of shout-out to Soga Keena from Ichiban Ushiro no Daimou (they have the same VA)? I mean seriously, the only thing missing from Keena's rice obsession was a song about rice, and OH LOOK A SONG ABOUT RICE.
Ha-cha!
Aug 18, 2010 1:08 PM
Jun 2010
Blows my mind that this awesome anime can have such great OPs and EDs but the in-show performances are just so...meh. I wanted to see something that can stand up to the Angel Beats performances or God Knows, or at least something sung by Mio >.>;;

Still a great episode, gonna be sad to see it all go. I wonder whats in store for the rest of the season :o
Aug 18, 2010 1:38 PM
Aug 2010
I loved this episode, it reminded me why I love this show :)
although I wanted mio to sing no thank you :(
but the other other songs were good
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Feka - May 18, 2010

196 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Today, 12:11 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kowal - May 11, 2010

163 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Yesterday, 3:17 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kowal - May 4, 2010

192 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 16, 1:32 AM

» Watch order?

ShinigamiGang - Apr 8

10 by pecana »»
Apr 11, 2:18 PM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kowal - Apr 27, 2010

217 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 11, 12:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.